Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

really queer Christmas posted:

I'm thinking about counting out touchdown tom

- a moron, a buffoon, a silly poster not scared of what God has created

You're right, I need to repent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

rjmccall posted:

Pickett’s interceptions are complicated. On the one hand, they clearly weren’t entirely his fault — two were somewhat flukey tips / through-the-hands drops, and one was a hail mary. On the other hand, I did feel like he threw kinda slow, arcing passes that gave the defenders more of an opportunity to respond and get those tips in the first place. Hopefully that’s something that more time in games and with the first team will help with.

I haven’t gone back to watch the clips; this is just memory of impressions.

I was watching Red Zone so I didn't get to actually watch him much except when they cut in, but going by the stats he had a solid as hell game every throw except specifically for the three interceptions. I mean that doesn't make it ok, but it seems like there's something to build on there.

At least when you other options are Trubisky and Mason Rudolph.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
It's weird that everyone's so sure that Harbaugh going for it was a a mistake. The Bills had first and goal on like the 2 with a minute left and three timeouts. The Ravens needed those seven points.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Patrick Spens posted:

It's weird that everyone's so sure that Harbaugh going for it was a a mistake. The Bills had first and goal on like the 2 with a minute left and three timeouts. The Ravens needed those seven points.

Because we could have forced the Bills to have to score a TD to take the lead and a FG to tie. But instead they just had to kick a FG to win and once they got into FG range knew exactly what they needed to do...unlike the Ravens a few weeks ago against Miami in the same situation but went for the TD anyway.

Getting the FG at least gives you a small edge there even if not ideal. It's harder to work the clock for a TD than it is for a FG like the Bills did. So we could have had a chance to respond if 27-23 and get a TD and take the lead.

Harbaugh repeatedly shows poor situational awareness and bad clock management like this. He should have and would have been fired in 2018 but the Lamar Jackson gambit worked out for him.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I'm thinking about counting out touchdown tom

- a moron, a buffoon, a silly poster not scared of what God has created

I’m counting him out. Print it on my tombstone if you have to, but I’m doing it. The Bucs aren’t winning the super bowl this year.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Do you think suffering through an embarrassing season would make Brady more or less likely to come back again

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

I'm not a physicsologist but I can't for the life of me understand how the ball bounces off the back side of the crossbar after being booted 40+ yards and the momentum is somehow reversed back up field.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Toaster Beef posted:

Do you think suffering through an embarrassing season would make Brady more or less likely to come back again

Definitely more. He wants to go out on a high note, which is why his career will either end with a Super Bowl or in supreme embarrassment so bad that no one will sign him again.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Brady seems fine but this defense is uh... "buffoonish" feels fair.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Hey, this isn't the gameday thread!

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Eifert Posting posted:

I'm not a physicsologist but I can't for the life of me understand how the ball bounces off the back side of the crossbar after being booted 40+ yards and the momentum is somehow reversed back up field.

Those posts aren't all that secure and stiff. They have a lot of give to em

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the bears got out-bearsed today

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Cooper Rush is a gamer, a real lunch pail quarterback who knows how to win.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

bucs receivers were healthy tonight

whats the injury excuse?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

R.D. Mangles posted:

the bears got out-bearsed today

The Giants harnessed the power of their sweet throwback uniforms to play a game worthy of 1986. All that was missing was Mark Bavaro and a coked out LT.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

whats the injury excuse?

Theyre just so sad about the hurricane

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Kawalimus posted:

Because we could have forced the Bills to have to score a TD to take the lead and a FG to tie. But instead they just had to kick a FG to win and once they got into FG range knew exactly what they needed to do...unlike the Ravens a few weeks ago against Miami in the same situation but went for the TD anyway.

Getting the FG at least gives you a small edge there even if not ideal. It's harder to work the clock for a TD than it is for a FG like the Bills did. So we could have had a chance to respond if 27-23 and get a TD and take the lead.

Harbaugh repeatedly shows poor situational awareness and bad clock management like this. He should have and would have been fired in 2018 but the Lamar Jackson gambit worked out for him.

Yes, but the Bills were quite capable of scoring a TD. And when they do, all the field goal gets you is the chance to need a touchdown with <1 min left. And if you think your offense can do that, you should also think they can get 5 yards in one play. Yeah it didn't work out, but I am unconvinced that playing it safe was definitely better.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

in plays i saw, khalil shakir reminds me of ja'marr chase in terms of body control and agility in the space he is already occupying. i know that necessarily describes a frozen moment and there can be no agility involved in it, but it's a real thing and is wonderful for negotiating through screens. trust me. football absurdity

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Nice to have the offense back putting up points, shame about that defense.

Mahomes is absurd. Bowles had no answer for him and Reid tonight.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I’m counting him out. Print it on my tombstone if you have to, but I’m doing it. The Bucs aren’t winning the super bowl this year.

god no, they'll make the playoffs only bc the NFC south is a true dumpster fire but they're going nowhere

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

FizFashizzle posted:

whats the injury excuse?

Maholmes is really good at football?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/tashanreed/status/1576667342469144576

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Freaquency posted:

Multiple things can be true

Anyway the silver lining in this is that no one else in the AFCN is separating themselves from the pack. Jets already knocked off the Browns and Steelers, just need them to obliterate the Bengals too
I have bad news for you.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

One thing can't be true

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Patrick Spens posted:

Yes, but the Bills were quite capable of scoring a TD. And when they do, all the field goal gets you is the chance to need a touchdown with <1 min left. And if you think your offense can do that, you should also think they can get 5 yards in one play. Yeah it didn't work out, but I am unconvinced that playing it safe was definitely better.

It wasn't like Miami where Humphrey was gone in the 4th and the Bills offense was working well but not unbeatable. Plus we don't know if there would have been a minute left if the Bills were going for a TD/FG to tie. Even if your defense is bad you have to hope someone can make a play and in the bad conditions we could have. The Ravens have now had multiple instances of crucial playcalling and execution failure on 4th down situations that's probably cost them games. Twice in the Miami game and once here. The analytics are failing because they aren't accounting for these specific situations. Teams are consistently beating the Ravens in these crucial scenarios and that suggests to me the Ravens overall gameplanning is very poor.

We are still trying to call plays like it's 2019 and we were just overpowering teams up front with which we aren't doing anymore.

In good news Faalele is looking like a solid contributor. Maybe we can get Ben Cleveland involved in these goal line situations if we want to just force our way? And hopefully Stanley is effective when he is ready. Maybe we could get some jumbo setup in these goal-to-go situations and be able to pound the ball forward with Gus Edwards again if he also can return. With the 4th down thing we overlook that on 2nd down(i think) we got stuffed for negative yardage and that that happened 7 or 8 times today. This team has no coherent idea of what they are trying to do at any given moment

To me the Bills must have one of the best coaching staffs in the league. They have played Lamar consistently better than any team out there(even in 2019) and just when you thought they were finally going to have a day where they got buzzsawed by him they turned it around and completely shut us down in the second half despite injuries up front. They also played the clock perfectly at the end of both halfs. Nothing but respect for that group. You can laugh at Ken Dorsey for having a meltdown but you can tell he has his offensive players on the same page and has plans for attacking defenses and good situational awareness.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Oct 3, 2022

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Trevor fumbled 5 times and lost 4 of them. 22 of the Eagles points were off Lawrence fumbles. That’s crazy.

https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/1576663891098075137

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Cooper Rush is a gamer, a real lunch pail quarterback who knows how to win.

What do the Cowboys do if they're still ticking over and notching up wins like this when Dak is back available?

Well, this is the NFL so we know what happens. But should it?

Just imagine if they win every game with Cooper and lose the first time Dak is back. Regardless of his status they should keep Dak sat until Week 7 against the Lions just to avoid that happening. That Lions D isn't stopping anybody.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Diva Cupcake posted:

Trevor fumbled 5 times and lost 4 of them. 22 of the Eagles points were off Lawrence fumbles. That’s crazy.

https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/1576663891098075137

how big are his hands

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
https://twitter.com/SheilKapadia/status/1576779642924572674?s=20&t=ZVddx5CzFaw6blY-2myWnA

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Love when people use small rear end sample sizes to justify whatever narrative they have.

That said gently caress tyreek hill.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Lol, just lol if you don't have the highest PPG and have Jared Goff as your QB.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Love when people use small rear end sample sizes to justify whatever narrative they have.

I mean, they’re 25% through the season almost. There’s not a significant sample size that will matter until much later in the year.

That said, lol. Just lol.

Imagine how good the offense will be next year if Moore develops or they sign a receiver that isn’t off the bargain bin scrap pile.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

It's not like Tyreek fell off a cliff in Miami, both him and Mahomes seem to be thriving through four games.

That said,

quote:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Tyreek trade feels like a win-win so far

but also gently caress Tyreek Hill

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

I can't put my finger exactly on why but this reminds me of one of those old cryptid "photos."

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Ehud posted:

Tyreek trade feels like a win-win so far

but also gently caress Tyreek Hill

:emptyquote:

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Eifert Posting posted:

I can't put my finger exactly on why but this reminds me of one of those old cryptid "photos."

I can't unsee it now.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Hizawk posted:

Lol, just lol if you don't have the highest PPG and have Jared Goff as your QB.

Jared Goff > Aaron Rodgers???!!!

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/1576687168743157760

:911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Rusher or receiver made me wonder...and yeah Daniel Jones beat that poo poo in his rookie season.