Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The wiki says that hydro consumes the quicken aura but that's not been my experience. When I use Cyno/Beidou/DT/Xingqiu I'm still aggravating and it's my strongest cyno team by far (and with protoamber will be more than enough healing). Hard to find more info about this - I really like using this comp because it actually takes full advantage of cyno's EM stacking by using hyperbloom (the actual op dendro reaction, aggravate is strong but balanced).

EDIT: ohhh poo poo this comp also activates the duration extension for Nahida's burst. Yep this is the comp.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Oct 2, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leathal
Oct 29, 2004

wanna be like gucci?
lil buddy eat your vegetables

RareAcumen posted:

I am not good with team compositions but with those characters I'd go with Bennett, Xiangling, Xingqiu and add Sucrose once/if you get her some Viridescent Venerer artifacts and try to get Bennet maybe a Gladiator set and have him as your main DPS? He's very flexible like that.

I have 1-2 pieces of Venerer but I’ve been using all my daily resin on ascension materials and waiting until AR 40 to go for artifacts. My Sucrose is only 2x ascended since I dropped her after pulling my man Benny - who, tbh, is probably already my main dps by usage.

I’ll save up some xp books and bring Sucrose back up to par, thanks for the advice everyone.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
Quicken usually last 10 seconds and aggravates/spreads don't consume it. But two blooms are enough to pop it

https://i.imgur.com/lmrkvXS.mp4

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Ordering is also important which sucks for lazy me.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
The only thing I pay attention is to swirl electro before applying dendro if I want the electro VV effect to go off reliably. Just don't expect many aggravates to trigger if your only dendro is Collei or Nahida when you have lot of hydro going on.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

I pulled Cyno because electro FX look cool and his eye motif synergizes with my heavy-investment Raiden Shogun. Still, the fact that I have put lots of my advancement effort into electro (Keqing, Raiden, Yae with signature weapons) means it will probably be a while before I seriously try using him. Hopefully I don't regret that decision... I tend towards worst-case assumptions in my gacha budgeting, so if I spend a full 180 wishes getting Nahida that could seriously impact my odds of picking up a much cooler replacement for Diluc. At least there's plenty of gems in the current exploration and quest load. I should be able to put a decent reserve together by the time Dehya shows up.

And after that... I might not actually need to pick up any more characters until there's a big meta shift. Full elemental coverage with redundancy for puzzles, very good mobility and traversal characters. I'm very interested to see what the Mihoyo FOMO strategists do to push continued buy-in for long-term players in my position. Fontaine seems like it might not be as broadly appealing as the last few regions from a character design perspective, when I think of french aesthetics and hydro element most of what I come up with overlaps with existing Monstadt and Watatsumi stuff. Perhaps that would be good time to debut a new weapon? Or perhaps they'll unveil a new mechanic that gives you something else to cultivate on your existing characters.

My intuition tells me that at some point, the devs may feel incentivized to offer a less frustrating alternative to the current artifact grind. That would definitely be welcome for most long term players. But I'm not sure whether we'd see that until they start to register dips in Genshin profits. Probably not any time soon.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

avoraciopoctules posted:

Still, the fact that I have put lots of my advancement effort into electro (Keqing, Raiden, Yae with signature weapons)

You can never have too much electro.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Oct 2, 2022

Kale
May 14, 2010

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Some fun performances in the genshin concert video. Timestamped for Overlord of the Thunderstorm :rock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrqsaO9Cf2M&t=1304s

Blossoms of Summer Night at 28:49 is also :krad:

I forgot all about this. Seems very Inazuma heavy since they didn't really do any of that stuff for last years anniversary concert. I still find it crazy some people say they don't do enough fan appreciation type stuff just because they won't give away a free 5* or whatever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfBQHu5KBVw
This happened today too in London

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

On the one hand I look forward to the hydro archon because she will probably use the tall lady model and use a claymore. On the other hand, she might have a steampunk aesthetic and that would be awful.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sushibandit posted:

Genshin Impact 3.1 - I bought 99 pulls and got Qiqi'd in 1

Suffering through the artifact lottery being an almost-guaranteed-waste-of-effort is way more soul crushing than just adding up the resin it takes to level a character and talents.

Number get a bit bigger for sure is worth more than number might get more bigger, but very likely not.

Which site shows all the characters arranged like this?

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

avoraciopoctules posted:

My intuition tells me that at some point, the devs may feel incentivized to offer a less frustrating alternative to the current artifact grind. That would definitely be welcome for most long term players. But I'm not sure whether we'd see that until they start to register dips in Genshin profits. Probably not any time soon.

I have been playing since the beginning and I must be the only person that doesn't mind how artifacts are now. Some perfectly optimal pieces are hard to get, but I like that, because they aren't really necessary to make your character powerful.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Tsyni posted:

I have been playing since the beginning and I must be the only person that doesn't mind how artifacts are now. Some perfectly optimal pieces are hard to get, but I like that, because they aren't really necessary to make your character powerful.
Nope, I like them generally (I think crit hat odds should go to 15 for rate and stay at 10 for dmg) but otherwise I don't really mind. Once you build your characters it's all that resin is for so it needs volatility.

Like finding this after getting cyno feels so freaking good, like a free gambling high:

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

It looks like you're standing in front of a door and only one side is lit. The quest marker might be bugged but your goal is to find the other primal ember to light up the right side pillar.

Look at the second tweet, that's the other sconce, also inactive.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

avoraciopoctules posted:

Fontaine seems like it might not be as broadly appealing as the last few regions from a character design perspective, when I think of french aesthetics and hydro element most of what I come up with overlaps with existing Monstadt and Watatsumi stuff.

Fontaine is gonna be steampunk as hell so theres a lot they can do with that

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I have found my favorite dialogue in all of genshin

https://i.imgur.com/pYjJdzF.mp4

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

Mix. posted:

Fontaine is gonna be steampunk as hell so theres a lot they can do with that

I would definitely be down for some player-side cool clanky robit stuff. Or maybe Hydro land will let us build on the existing boat adventure framework! I'm not sure if the Genshin engine is up to doing battles involving moving ships Black Flag style, but I could definitely see some room for growth in the ship stuff from GAA and Inazuma.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

The second combat part of Ballads and Brews was a v fun time to play Hu Tao. idk if it was like numerically better but N1C - > super plunge is satisfying

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Anora posted:

Look at the second tweet, that's the other sconce, also inactive.

Are you sure that sconce is where the ember starts? Also sometimes you have to do something to get them to appear. I think there's a hidden wall near this one, iirc. But also I don't remember that well.

The quest markers are not always accurate. But just because a sconce is inactive doesn't mean there's no ember, there's probably just a previous step.

Edit: wait here I think this person has the same game state as you and found it behind a door. https://youtu.be/hjb7elabDDY

ExtrudeAlongCurve fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Oct 2, 2022

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Elentor posted:

Which site shows all the characters arranged like this?

https://www.hoyolab.com/home Tools/Battle Chronice then click on all characters

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Leathal posted:

I have 1-2 pieces of Venerer but I’ve been using all my daily resin on ascension materials and waiting until AR 40 to go for artifacts. My Sucrose is only 2x ascended since I dropped her after pulling my man Benny - who, tbh, is probably already my main dps by usage.

I’ll save up some xp books and bring Sucrose back up to par, thanks for the advice everyone.

Sucrose, Xiangling, Bennett, Xingqui is one of the strongest team comps actually, it's called "National" for reasons I can't remember and was one of like three comps that were the meta until Raiden Shogun came out and replaced Sucrose on that. Plus Sucrose is useful for other teams. Plus she's great in general.

Just pop Bennett's ult, followed by Xiangling and Xingqui, then have Sucrose swirl all that around with normals, skills, and burst until it's done for big vape and swirl damage.

That said stardust isn't THAT rare if you would like Razor too to have a nice traditional "carry" team. He's supposed to be really good for it, but I sorta skipped him with a lucky Keqing personally.
(Who I eventually dropped when I realized that with Fischl around, I was doing MORE damage with Sucrose during "Keqing is at low hp and I need to stall for heals" time than I was with my carry.
Sucrose rocks. Did you know she collects bones, for reasons completely unrelated to her science?)

Captain France fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Oct 3, 2022

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Right now I got an abyss team consisting of Ganyu Kokomi Venti Rosaria.

I got to the point where it asks me for two teams, what other combination can I do with these characters I have?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

In the course of pulling Cyno I ended up with C6 Shinobu. Huzzah! I'd want to fit her into a team with Cyno but he has energy needs and Shinobu doesn't really help in that department...

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Elentor posted:

I got to the point where it asks me for two teams, what other combination can I do with these characters I have?

I'm not an expert on super optimal team building but I see a few potential teams here.

You could do a Yanfei vaporize team, with Yanfei/Xingqiu/anemo character/flex (another pyro like Xiangling for pyro resonance would make Yanfei hit harder). Your goal there is to swirl pyro with your anemo character wearing the Viridescent Venerer set, set up Xingqiu's burst, then have Yanfei blow stuff up with big vaporize hits.

You could also make a vaporize team with Xiangling/Xingqiu/Candace/anemo. In this case you'd be setting up everyone's bursts so you have Xiangling's weapon infused with hydro and Xingqiu's rain swords letting Xiangling's burst vaporize.

There are also the makings of a hyperbloom team with Kuki Shinobu/Xingqiu and Collei and/or Dendro Traveler. Maybe just one of the dendro characters and throw in Barbara for some healing. You'd want to stack as much Elemental Mastery as possible on Shinobu, cause blooms with hydro+dendro, then hit those blooms with Shinobu's electro skill to cause big damage.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

avoraciopoctules posted:

I would definitely be down for some player-side cool clanky robit stuff. Or maybe Hydro land will let us build on the existing boat adventure framework! I'm not sure if the Genshin engine is up to doing battles involving moving ships Black Flag style, but I could definitely see some room for growth in the ship stuff from GAA and Inazuma.

I'm sure it would be perfectly possible for them to just have invisible ninguangs on the sides of a ship-shaped block to dumbfire off to the sides, but I really doubt they will. After all, they've got a year of sending you out island-hopping and down rivers lined with enemies, and they refuse to let the ship do enough damage to actually hurt an enemy. I'm pretty sure even a regular-rear end hilchurl'll reset before you managed to shoot it to death, they only seem to want canons to be good for exploding barrels or bits of driftwood.

I'm not really expecting anything besides more floating bubble stuff, and maybe a subway of some sort in the main city.

As I slowly level up candace, I've noticed she overwrites keqing's infusion, and now I'm slightly tempted to put a hydro goblet on keqing for a laugh. I won't, because I keep finding characters with level 0 artifacts that I was definitely in the middle of switching to a different set and then got distracted, and I really should fix those first (poor xingqiu…). Still can't figure out what to do with candace, though. My highly scientific testing shows that her skill does a bit more damage with a lv. 11 hydro goblet (with an hp sub) than a lv. 11 hp goblet, and her stupidly high na %s make me want to just let her hit stuff. Plus, that mondstadt bird spear looks real good on her. Guess I'm stuck waiting for spreadsheet-crunchers to sort out if all hp really works out better than a mostly normal build.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Tsyni posted:

The big problem with artifacts is that there is no way to slow guarantee you get something you want. The system would be infinitely better if you could sacrifice 5-10 copies of an exact set+piece combo to replace a stat (or add a 4th to a 3 starter) on a like piece, and or 10 generic pieces of a like set to undo the most recent roll. If you could for example sacrifice 10 Severed Fate Goblets to change a def into a crit rate% and another 10 to change a flat HP into EM, etc, at least you could build a piece you would use over the course of a month or two. With the way artifacts drop in this game, you'd still probably be looking to sac like 30 or so goblets and potentially hundreds of generic pieces to make as close to ONE "perfect" piece as you desire.

Why doesn't this exist?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Garrand posted:

I have found my favorite dialogue in all of genshin

https://i.imgur.com/pYjJdzF.mp4

I enjoyed this

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
This, on the other hand, was rather annoying. Whose drat fault is it I don't get to speak, chatterbox?

Also glancing through my screenshots, either I literally never timed it right somehow, or the clam bubble refuses to show up in my screenshots. Which is a shame, because it's really funny how it overlaps with the bird; only its head sticks out of the bubble.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

Elentor posted:

Sucrose/Xingqiu/(DMC/Collei)/Shinobu is a team I like with the chars you have. The downside is that Sucrose and Shinobu need EM/EM/EM sets, which are annoying to farm at your level range. They also need to be leveled up to the maximum your levels will allow, which is annoying (but at least between the 2 you only need to level 1 talent: Shinobu's skill).

If you're able to pick up a Bennett you can run the classic 4 star national team (Xiangling/Xingqiu/Sucrose/Bennett). He's the strongest 4 star in the game and is buyable from the shop on a set rotation. Xiangling is one of the strongest dps units in the game but running her without Bennett is really annoying. Yanfei can take Xiangling's place if you like her gameplay more, but Bennett is irreplacable.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Elentor posted:

You can try an aggravate team with Keqing, shinobu, collei/dmc, sucrose. Keqing with thundering fury set, sucrose with VV, collei/dmc with noblesse and shinobu with tenacity. Its not optimum, but should be able to clear most things easily.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

It is still funny to me that, as far as we know, Paimon is a totally unique being, yet absolutely no one considers her even slightly weird. Everyone just immediately and without question accepts that you have a floating toddler with you.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Clarste posted:

It is still funny to me that, as far as we know, Paimon is a totally unique being, yet absolutely no one considers her even slightly weird. Everyone just immediately and without question accepts that you have a floating toddler with you.

There are hundreds of Paimons under the water at the spot where the traveler fished her out. Waiting. Lurking...

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

A couple days in I’m very happy I pulled for Venti. Even relatively low level and with absolutely awful artifacts he feels impactful, and performs much better than I expected when his CC is negated. Also his hold E has been amazing for exploration - the little circle he does as he floats up even got me around some weird overhangs.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Anno posted:

A couple days in I’m very happy I pulled for Venti. Even relatively low level and with absolutely awful artifacts he feels impactful, and performs much better than I expected when his CC is negated. Also his hold E has been amazing for exploration - the little circle he does as he floats up even got me around some weird overhangs.

Oh, congratulations. Venti is a pretty great utility character, contested only by Kazuha. Venti's great for an overhang where you can plant your feet and goes up a long way, Kazuha gets kind of a dinky double jump that can nonetheless clear most of the rock ridges in the game and can be used after you kick off a cliff face. Even then it's really down to some specifics of terrain.

Anyway, enjoy the Justin Kerprank of the archons, and get ready for takeoff.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Elentor posted:

Keqing + Collei + Dendro MC + Kuki would make a pretty good quicken/aggravate team I think?

I'm not sure how strong this team really is since it's pretty new but people have been saying nice things about Keqing aggravate.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Oh poo poo I didn't notice Keqing there lol

Yeah that would be a good aggravate team

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Why does Collei's E suck so much? It's incredibly slow to activate (in that you have to wait a while to switch-cancel out of the animation), has narrow AOE, and misses half the time, somehow.

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

Clarste posted:

Maybe part of Paimon's power is that it ensures no one thinks too much about Paimon's existence.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Of those in the know not many people are particularly weirded out about the Traveler being able to use elements (more than one, at that) without a Vision either.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I'm more weirded out by Rosaria, whose skin is somehow more purple than the actual zombie girl. Maybe theres some backstory to that, I dunno

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Traveller posted:

Of those in the know not many people are particularly weirded out about the Traveler being able to use elements (more than one, at that) without a Vision either.

I mean they do say "oh, that's odd" before moving on, which is certainly a lot more than the complete lack of "oh my god a flying baby!"