Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

The terrible secret of space... :stonk: the Mods, they knew!

More avatar worthy stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

Bula Vinaka posted:

Just learned about Loab.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9InAbpM7mU

What I find most infuriating, is that there a now like a million articles about this, and NONE of say what AI this was created on. Like that's pretty key, isn't it?

Anyway, I'm assuming Stable Diffusion (probably).

Loab was Midjourney, was a minor discord meme a few months before the Twitter thread.

I dunno, having spent at least a while using all three of D2, MJ, and SD, I feel like the results of those three are pretty visually distinct. I can usually tell which one a given image came from.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Can someone make me attempt a "chewbacca wearing white shutter shades sunglasses, snarling" 1:1 aspect ratio

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Hadlock posted:

Can someone make me attempt a "chewbacca wearing white shutter shades sunglasses, snarling" 1:1 aspect ratio

I’ve spent five minutes on this and can already tell it might be a bitch to get working. I’ll try more tomorrow for funsies.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Hadlock posted:

It doesn't appear to know what shutter shades are.

Here's my best attempt after 5 minutes of work.

Deal with it.

It was the 70's. Chewie did a lot of coke, okay?

WhiteHowler fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Oct 3, 2022

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

I used dreambooth to train a model on the Studio Ghibli style with 300 images. Its really powerful with img2img.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I used dreambooth to train a model on the Studio Ghibli style with 300 images. Its really powerful with img2img.

was the prompt for this one "windows xp wallpaper"

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Hadlock posted:

was the prompt for this one "windows xp wallpaper"

I used img2img on it. I actually use the wallpaper for testing img2img prompts.

Anyways, here is the model. Prompt is "studio_ghibli_anime_style anime_screencap". (its based on Waifu Diffusion)

Here is a bonus image:

IShallRiseAgain fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Oct 3, 2022

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

If you have Stable Diffusion working, is there an easy way to set it up so that you can switch between model files?

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Haven't found a gui option atm. If enough people begin swapping model files it will probably become a thing. Probably as a startup option or something.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Hadlock posted:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

Speed for one. "Quality" for another. I can get a Rembrandt in five seconds using Stable Diffusion running on my own GPU, vs spending hours or days toiling in paint and photoshop for a technically inferior result.

Another great usage, which is in large part due to the speed of which the algorithm operates, is sketching. Say I have an idea in my head for an art-piece, a fight scene perhaps, showing off a cool character. But I'm not fully locked into what exactly the background should be.
I type in "My Cool Character Description" and then a few different arena or background words, and now within seconds I can see what fits the action sequence best.

Or maybe I do know both what the character is like, what they are doing and where they are doing it, but I cant' figure out what pose is best. I could spend an hour fiddling around in blender, fifteen minutes in Dreams (for the ps4), or a lifetime in photoshop, or I could tell the AI to just make fifteen variations of the same prompt.

now that's a good beverage

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

This is both wrong and very wrong

skeleton passing his power to a baby under a full moon

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Nessus posted:

If you have Stable Diffusion working, is there an easy way to set it up so that you can switch between model files?

In the settings menu in automatic1111 (voldy) there’s an option for it

You can also merge models

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Terrifying! I guess you'd want them to have Model 1, Model 2, and so on

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Merge, even? Gotta look into that. :tviv:

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Mindblast posted:

Merge, even? Gotta look into that. :tviv:

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

What the gently caress. I thought I was relatively up to date. Guess Ill get the latest Automatic1111. Maybe it can autoupdate but I hosed up? Either way; cool poo poo. Gonna look into that tonight.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
Doesn't checkpoint merging carry a significant risk of messing up things in your original "stock" model? Everything I've read about Dreambooth and other training methods says "uh, be VERY sure to back up your existing checkpoint".

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

I was having lunch, and a friend mentioned he was watching all of the Alien films again. The rest is history.

Ripley having lunch with a Xenomorph from the film Alien, photo realistic, dark and moody

Although it doesn't really look like Ripley (or a Xenomorph), there's obvious cues there. I had the fully grown one in my head - which seems like it would make for a lunch involving more robust dialogue, I'd imagine - but DALL-E had other ideas.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Mindblast posted:

What the gently caress. I thought I was relatively up to date. Guess Ill get the latest Automatic1111. Maybe it can autoupdate but I hosed up? Either way; cool poo poo. Gonna look into that tonight.

add the line 'git pull' into the launcher .bat and you get the update every time you launch. sometimes this break it to poo poo.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

SCheeseman posted:

Was this trying to make a point, or a joke. Data isn't real btw

I sincerely desire a functionless computer. But to say it more clearly, you need time to make something good. If this thing is intelligence, speed should not be a priority. If it is a tool, it should be easier to produce specific results.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

FunkyAl posted:

I sincerely desire a functionless computer. But to say it more clearly, you need time to make something good. If this thing is intelligence, speed should not be a priority. If it is a tool, it should be easier to produce specific results.

If you told me you were generating every one of your posts in this thread with an AI, I would believe you.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

WhiteHowler posted:

If you told me you were generating every one of your posts in this thread with an AI, I would believe you.

I am an Al.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
I would really really like them to start making useless computers though. Like a weird shape in a corner that is printing a readout of random numbers on a little receipt paper. Or a computer that will only open your programs if the weather is bad. A computer that intakes all noise it hears and once a day, randomly, makes a noise that is a synthesis of all of them. A computerized toaster that burns toast on purpose. A computer which names every item at the grocery store in order, in case you forgot anything. A computer you need to feed vegetables, and the only thing that it does is generate an ecosystem scene where some animals die if they are not getting enough vegetables. A tamagotchi. That kinda thing.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

:lol:

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

FunkyAl posted:

I would really really like them to start making useless computers though. Like a weird shape in a corner that is printing a readout of random numbers on a little receipt paper. Or a computer that will only open your programs if the weather is bad. A computer that intakes all noise it hears and once a day, randomly, makes a noise that is a synthesis of all of them. A computerized toaster that burns toast on purpose. A computer which names every item at the grocery store in order, in case you forgot anything. A computer you need to feed vegetables, and the only thing that it does is generate an ecosystem scene where some animals die if they are not getting enough vegetables. A tamagotchi. That kinda thing.

loading joker.exe...

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

FunkyAl posted:

I think what you’re describing is called “art”, and the medium is something called a “computer”. hth

jemand
Sep 19, 2018

dumb question -- what's the model's name where you can prompt it with a landscape with some text, where the generation will be imagery placing the object listed in the corresponding location on the page. So you can determine which quadrant of a landscape has a river vs castle, etc.

I know I've seen this done, but I can't remember the right term for it.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
DALL-E I think can insert an object wherever you want to.

Or maybe it's just the image2image function in SD and I assume others? You can MS-Paint a landscape and have it convert it into a painting or something

jemand
Sep 19, 2018

Not quite the same thing -- imagine if the MS-Paint example you are showing didn't have any drawn imagery but was more a powerpoint-caption thing. It would just have text centered in the various locations: "sand," "grass," "river," "tree", "mountain" without any lines or color. The model would take that text AS the text prompt, without any additional overall text prompting, and generate the coherent whole that had components that roughly matched the locations (and meanings) for those words.

It might be what you're referring to for Dalle-2, but I'm having trouble pulling up examples for it. I've seen it mostly for landscapes, but I don't think it's only used for that.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

madmatt112 posted:

I think what you’re describing is called “art”, and the medium is something called a “computer”. hth

Yes. People use computers to make art all the time. The ai art does not make sense because it is a program bloated with 10,000 gigs of images, trying to replicate approaches to painting that were popular 100 years ago. It's using tools to make things needlessly complicated.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

"Art isn't art when the procedure used to create it is needlessly complicated" is the kind of stupid-rear end observation I would expect from unfiltered AI generated text output but I guess that's at least in keeping with your gimmick.

jemand
Sep 19, 2018

mobby_6kl posted:

DALL-E I think can insert an object wherever you want to.

Or maybe it's just the image2image function in SD and I assume others? You can MS-Paint a landscape and have it convert it into a painting or something

I figured out the term I was missing: "layout-to-image." Really seems to be way less frequently used with less recent progress than other techniques. Curious whether it'll see more attention or not, as it looks like it would give more control over how to compose an image than the single descriptive prompt method. Though the image2image with a sketch gets there too.

Example:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

jemand posted:

I figured out the term I was missing: "layout-to-image." Really seems to be way less frequently used with less recent progress than other techniques. Curious whether it'll see more attention or not, as it looks like it would give more control over how to compose an image than the single descriptive prompt method. Though the image2image with a sketch gets there too.

Example:

Huh, thanks for finding it, I don't remember seeing this before. But it totally makes sense since the algorithm would have to find where to best place objects anyway.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?
Skeletons throwing a surprise birthday party for Dracula in the style of a polaroid photo

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
Stable Diffusion can't draw a starship Enterprise (no bloody A, B, C, or D -- but those either).

I've tried several keywords (starship, Enterprise, NCC-1701, Star Trek, etc.). This is the closest it's gotten in about 30 tries with varying CFG values:

There should be plenty of source images on the Internet, so that's rather weird -- especially since SD can passably draw any given Star Trek character you ask for.

But no Enterprise. Truly a massive gap in the AI's modeling.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

SCheeseman posted:

"Art isn't art when the procedure used to create it is needlessly complicated" is the kind of stupid-rear end observation I would expect from unfiltered AI generated text output but I guess that's at least in keeping with your gimmick.

Usually a procedure this complex produces better art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!