Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Aquatic Apes convergent evolution into the true Jews, The English Monarchy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

A lot of the UFO stuff (the 'the Air Force is hiding Greys underground and Our Hostage Kryll ate strawberry ice cream for twelve years and died' set) seemed only incidentally bigoted.

Tibalt posted:

Was there an actual rhetorical course here? I thought it was just a just-so story for why hunams have lost a lot of hair relative to their kinfolk, the furious chimpanzee, the dignified gorilla and the wise orangutan.

e: My grandpa's "joking around" alien conspiracy theory was that the aliens in Genesis created humans by combining Ape and Pig, two noble tribes and a good explanation for why humans get sunburned.

Nessus fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Oct 1, 2022

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Tibalt posted:

That second one actually is a thing, the British Israelites are an important conspiracy origin point for modern Christian Dominionist theology.

e: and the alien stuff actually got more and more antisemitic over time as it integrated ideas from the rest of the conspiracy sphere; you can track this stuff with Nordics and Reptilians. Because that's kind of why it ends up everywhere - conspiracy theorists cross-pollinate. One of the ur-alien guys whose work actually went on to inspire some early hiphop stuff literally just took the Protocols of the Elders of Zion and attached a note at the front saying that actually it was aliens, not Jews (but also it's Jews).

Mors Rattus fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Oct 1, 2022

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Mors Rattus posted:

That second one actually is a thing, the British Israelites are an important conspiracy origin point for modern Christian Dominionist theology.

e: and the alien stuff actually got more and more antisemitic over time as it integrated ideas from the rest of the conspiracy sphere; you can track this stuff with Nordics and Reptilians. Because that's kind of why it ends up everywhere - conspiracy theorists cross-pollinate. One of the ur-alien guys whose work actually went on to inspire some early hiphop stuff literally just took the Protocols of the Elders of Zion and attached a note at the front saying that actually it was aliens, not Jews (but also it's Jews).

Pretty sure the dude wrote "Behold a Pale Horse" also straight up put the Protocols in the book but prefaced with "Replace Jews with Globalists and it's true".

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
New chronology is what happens when you cope with the loss of your nation's empire by creating a new history where your nation is the secret protagonist of western civilization.

still handled it better than the brits.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Der Waffle Mous posted:

New chronology is what happens when you cope with the loss of your nation's empire by creating a new history where your nation is the secret protagonist of western civilization.
So Zoomers' kids will be taught that Jesus was born at the Alamo?

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Mormonism already exists.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Mors Rattus posted:

Are any of these conspiracy theories not?

Sometimes someone comes along and adds it in later, but once it's there it sticks because those things mix enough that if someone tries to take it out someone else insists it has to stay in and was supposed to be there.

Eastmabl
Jan 29, 2019

Toph Bei Fong posted:

Yeah! We assign one player the role of "Referee" (or "Grand Master"), and they get to design a custom "battlefield" for the other players to move around in. To keep the game a bit more compeitive, rather than simply moving into an opposing player's square to capture them, we could institute a die mechanic where you try to roll over a target number to complete the attack, and each piece will be able to take a number of "hits" before being captured. Might need to do some balancing, so that pawns are as fun to play as queens, and we'd have to change the victory mechanic, so that one wins by eliminating the opposing forces, rather than just capturing the King (as the one side might not find a player who wishes to play that piece), but I think that can be worked out in playtesting.

Are there other games similar to this? This could be big!

fake edit: Damnit!

Linear rook, quadratic monarch

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Splicer posted:

...would play

Seriously, give For the Crown a try. It is Dominion Chess and it goes hard on both of those things.

You start the game with one king on the back rank and a handful of starter pawn cards, some of which are coppers, some of which are special deployment orders. Most cards in the supply represent a chess piece, whether standard or fairy - bishops are silvers, rooks are golds. If a card represents a chess piece, you can trash it as your action to put that piece into your reserve.

In addition to the standard Dominion allotment (one action, one buy), you have one "order", which can be an order card, a legal chess move, or deploying a piece from your reserve to a legal starting spot (pawn-types can start at rank 2, everything else at rank 1). During your turn a piece can move at most once due to an order, so even if you draw into four bureaucracies (activate a pawn, +1 order) you can't have one pawn go all Pawn Rambo and rampage through the ranks to drop the king.

Checkmate still wins, but because it's possible to obtain and deploy additional king-types, you have to capture all the king-type units currently on the board.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Der Waffle Mous posted:

still handled it better than the brits.

Sounds like Anime tbh

mystes
May 31, 2006

I'm all for Nukeronpaulogy, personally

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/qualthis/status/1576716685297348609 Looks like the Satine Phoenix redemption tour is gearing up. Still no return to twitter, where she has significantly less control over who can and can't reply to her, and it will astound no one to learn that even on instagram she's heavily restricting comments.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Oh sweet, can't wait for the big pile of receipts to come back out.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Lmao. My bet was a year and a few months. Bold to skip the year part.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Oh for the love of gently caress, she's done herself up as kintsugi, hasn't she?

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

I'm sure she has Done The Work, Listened To Victims and will Strive To Do Better. You are now obligated to buy her latest lovely 5E PDF excretions for only $49.99, of which an unspecified amount* will go directly to charity**.

* Amount may in some cases be $0
** Said charity may or may not be affiliated with Satine Phoenix and/or Jamison Stone

Comrade Koba fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Oct 3, 2022

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Oh for the love of gently caress, she's done herself up as kintsugi, hasn't she?

It sure looks like it :allears:

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I haven't paid too much attention to the whole thing, but I got the impression that Jamison was doing like 90% of the rear end in a top hat things and she was just kinda there, not doing anything about it. If she actually breaks up with him, I can see her coming back after some apologies.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Lemniscate Blue posted:

It's an old photo shoot and yeah, it's something that has resonated with her/been a narrative due to her traumatic upbringing for I wanna say 6 or 7 years now. Though a more apt version of thing would probably be rebuilding pieces of the broken bowl into a bludgeon to hit others.
It's interesting how they've basically abandoned social media platforms that don't allow as much restrictive "you may look, but not comment, and certainly not share with comment" stuff as IG for this PR rehab.

Megazver posted:

I haven't paid too much attention to the whole thing, but I got the impression that Jamison was doing like 90% of the rear end in a top hat things and she was just kinda there, not doing anything about it. If she actually breaks up with him, I can see her coming back after some apologies.

Right, but that might also be tricky considering leaked stuff from their discord where Stone was discussing that as exactly their PR spin. I would expect screenshots of her husband directly saying the plan was he'd take the fall to salvage her brand would tank that. Of course I also would have expected screenshots of Mike Mearls saying he liked Zak and there were 0 credible allegations against him would have scuttled "Gee this playtester who had nothing to do with D&D and I didn't even know sure was bad. I wish someone would have said something."

Coolness Averted fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Oct 3, 2022

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Cackling

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

Megazver posted:

Good job, you've gotten exactly the impression they wanted you to get.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

El Fideo posted:

Good job, you've gotten exactly the impression they wanted you to get.

thanks buddy

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Short firm: no, she was an active participant, he was just worse.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Yeah, there's sufficient evidence of her also having a hand in things, lots of screenshots and personal accounts and stuff, she's certainly going to try to claim she was an innocent victim swept up in events outside of her control etc etc but she wasn't just a bystander, and even taking all the abuse and sex creep poo poo out of the equation if you were so inclined, she still owes a bunch of people a bunch of money.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Pretty sure Jamison is still CEO or whatever of the company and I have no reason to believe he regrets anything except getting called out.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Fill a goon in on the meaning of that?

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Pretty sure Jamison is still CEO or whatever of the company and I have no reason to believe he regrets anything except getting called out.

Yeah, they did the standard "we investigated ourselves and found no wrongdoing" bit and he's still in charge despite a claim he was stepping down early on.

Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!
I think it literally means golden mending but it's a Japanese tradition of repairing broken pottery with gold.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Dreqqus posted:

I think it literally means golden mending but it's a Japanese tradition of repairing broken pottery with gold.
With the implication that the object is more beautiful for having been damaged and repaired.

Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!
Ew yeah I hadn't considered that aspect of it in this situation.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Dawgstar posted:

Fill a goon in on the meaning of that?

It's an art form where you take a broken thing and mend it using gold or silver (or glue that color) and it makes it prettier. Google can explain it better, but that's the basics.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Kai Tave posted:

Yeah, there's sufficient evidence of
I mean, the notion that she was "just there" while Jamison Stone did all the bad things is ludicrous on its face. None of the accounts from their employees indicated that she was the hostage of an abusive partner.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Dreqqus posted:

Ew yeah I hadn't considered that aspect of it in this situation.
Yeah it's maximum ooph

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Coolness Averted posted:

It's an old photo shoot and yeah, it's something that has resonated with her/been a narrative due to her traumatic upbringing for I wanna say 6 or 7 years now. Though a more apt version of thing would probably be rebuilding pieces of the broken bowl into a bludgeon to hit others.

Okay, if it's something she's used before and identifies with in context of bad poo poo that happened to her in her life then I retract most of my objection - it's one of the reasons I like the aesthetic as well. But only most. The idea of using it in this context to play "poor me" and throw all the responsibility onto Stone is still messed up, as is using one's own trauma to justify being a lovely person.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Halloween Jack posted:

I mean, the notion that she was "just there" while Jamison Stone did all the bad things is ludicrous on its face. None of the accounts from their employees indicated that she was the hostage of an abusive partner.

The whole PAX West thing with her telling that guy’s partner that she should get plastic surgery and that he should get a divorce should be enough to not want her anywhere near the tabletop industry.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

seaborgium posted:

It's an art form where you take a broken thing and mend it using gold or silver (or glue that color) and it makes it prettier. Google can explain it better, but that's the basics.

Oh wow. The Herald of Compassion and Redemption. (I'm just kidding. She doesn't think she needs the latter.)

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

I emerge, reborn, awaiting your adoration and money.

Like - like a Phoenix, get it? Get it?!?

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

You can have the last word, but I'll have the last laugh!
https://www.studlystone.com/

I dunno if it regularly updates, but this site is a great resource covering Phoenix and Stone's unethical behavior using direct sources from those who worked with them.

DressCodeBlue
Jun 15, 2006

Professional zombie impersonator.
It's also worth noting this isn't the first abusive shithead she's been super close to before feigning shock and then reluctantly distancing herself from once the evidence hit critical mass. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

DressCodeBlue posted:

It's also worth noting this isn't the first abusive shithead she's been super close to before feigning shock and then reluctantly distancing herself from once the evidence hit critical mass. :allears:

This is like the 4th.