Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

Atomizer posted:

Wait you can transfer accounts now?

Only from the Russian servers to EU. Otherwise I'd have my NA Account instead of playing FTP in EU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.48
May 1, 2007

Atomizer posted:

Wait you can transfer accounts now?

It's a special case for people to transfer RU accounts to EU servers because of the war in Ukraine, since many players and companies including Wargaming and credit card companies can't/won't do business with Russia and Belarus.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Mr.48 posted:

It's a special case for people to transfer RU accounts to EU servers because of the war in Ukraine, since many players and companies including Wargaming and credit card companies can't/won't do business with Russia and Belarus.

My bank wouldn't do business with Belarus even before the war. I have to go through loving Paypal anytime I want to buy anything and I loving hate that company.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Circon is streaming again! He's working on the Italian TDs.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

SpannerX posted:

Circon is streaming again! He's working on the Italian TDs.

He is posting on youtube again as well!

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

JuffoWup posted:

He is posting on youtube again as well!

He was getting hella salty trying to mark the tier 7 one today. Just like old times.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

SpannerX posted:

He was getting hella salty trying to mark the tier 7 one today. Just like old times.

This game just brings out "the best" in people.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Man, trying to burn through the last handful of event levels to get the second crewmember as a Harrier sucks hard. One of the requirements for your time not being completely wasted is "win the game" which is nearly impossible with pubs if the WT has two functional braincells. Hell, the last time I played as the WT I intentionally tried to lose by completely ignoring the plasma carrier and only attacking other Harriers and I still won the match with a few thousand HP left.

No wonder I typically see 5-15 WTs and almost no Harriers in queue.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Yeah you can only bank on doing the two daily damage missions with Harriers, hope you started doing them early enough :unsmith:
Also both those girls/guys are commanders only, with a unique voiceover.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

If you want to complete the win mission you need to do most of the work yourself.
  • Do whatever you can to pick up the plasma yourself and take it to the generator.

• You need to keep moving over 50 km/h while you're carrying the plasma to slow the decay timer on it so it doesn't disappear.

• If you see the WT start to teleport, stop heading towards the generator you were going to and start heading towards the other one.

• When the WT shield drops, don't bother with the WT, just move to the next group of enemies and kill 2 of them.

• When the WT gets its shield back, kill the last enemy and take the plasma to the next generator. If you get there while it's still on cooldown drive around so you don't lose the plasma.

• Keep repeating this until you've knocked out the WT shields permanently and then kill the WT.
You can beat the WT almost every time if you do this, provided the generators don't spawn too close together so the WT can cover them both at once, and provided your teammates don't steal the plasma themselves and waste it.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Nearly 6k damage in the T-44-100.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Has anyone tried dismissing a battle pass crew member, waiting 30 days until the reclaim expires, and buying him/her back with battle pass points for another nation?
I need to use those Warhammer 40K and BT100 event peeps somehow..

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

https://twitter.com/AetiusRF/status/1578172176758603777

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Details on the Sixth Sense changes in 1.18.1.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

They finally did it. The thing players have been saying since launch. I guess they are feeling desperate for new players.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

It only took a literal loving decade.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

How much do you think this cost?

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Where did the xp or blueprints come from? That isn't a lot of battles at t1 for it.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Frontline and/or clan skirmishes with premiums, and a LOT of gold to convert.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

McGavin posted:

It only took a literal loving decade.

And they still found a way to make it more complicated than "everyone just gets a free skill."

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Since zeroskills exist, there's probably some hackjob workaround they had to figure out to make sure they're not loving over people who have zeroskill 6th sense crewmembers. I appreciate the effort/attention to detail at least.

Now if only they weren't doing a lovely job with the booster change (200% 1 hour = 100% 1 hour x2)...

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
I hate the KTTS. If I make one mistake in it I'm dead. I can't hide, I can't relocate, can't push, can't poke, and the gun is laughably bad. I've seen people have good games in them but I just can't make this thing work. I thought I could take advantage of the 4x weekend to work on the field mods, but I'll probably need to take a long break from this thing and try again at a later date.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

TracerM17 posted:

I hate the KTTS. If I make one mistake in it I'm dead. I can't hide, I can't relocate, can't push, can't poke, and the gun is laughably bad. I've seen people have good games in them but I just can't make this thing work. I thought I could take advantage of the 4x weekend to work on the field mods, but I'll probably need to take a long break from this thing and try again at a later date.

Supposedly it's been around for many years in the game files, but WG had no idea what do to with it and finally dumped it as 'second place prize' on this event.
I'll tell you though, it prints epic medals if it gets to fight tier 6s on a corridor map :unsmith:

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

KTTS had indeed been "in the game" for well over five years, but only just now has it been released for us plebs and peasants.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

5.3k damage in one of the worst tanks in the game.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

While the big gun looks hilarious, the small gun seems pretty decent.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
1600 damage roll!?

What the hell?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Katamari Democracy posted:

1600 damage roll!?

What the hell?

Balance

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Oh so were going to try jap heavies again I guess, thanks WGing

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BadLlama posted:

Oh so were going to try jap heavies again I guess, thanks WGing

Except smaller and with jet boosters

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

...how does it have 30 rounds for both 152 and 180mm shell sizes?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
So yeah, I hate this tank and yet I did 8k damage in it. This was a very very dumb game that was actually really fun.

Replay: http://wotreplays.eu/site/6368582#pilsen-mesadoram-controcarro_1_mk_2

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKe2iuoPpmU

Edit: Youtube is fixed!

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Oct 14, 2022

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Noooo you removed the video.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Katamari Democracy posted:

Noooo you removed the video.

I'm sorry! Re-uploading now!

Edit: Back up!

Double Edit: Watching the video again I realize how aggressive my play style is. Rushing an IS-7 and Caliban with no ammo in the magazine. What a fun game that was lol

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Oct 14, 2022

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Hey if you missed those G.I. Joe Amazon Prime commanders a while back, you can choose one now:
COBRAREVENGE for cobra commander or GIJOEONGUARD for Duke

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

sauer kraut posted:

Hey if you missed those G.I. Joe Amazon Prime commanders a while back, you can choose one now:

Need to grab COBBRAAAAA when I get home.

Also, I miss when Rossmum used to do WoT video commentaries :smith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puvTSHe3-r0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTJHb8dF2NU

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

sauer kraut posted:

Perfect time to finally put Cobra Commander in command of the Cobra.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

TracerM17 posted:

Perfect time to finally put Cobra Commander in command of the Cobra.

:hmmyes:

Guess I gotta save up to buy a Cobra now.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

You can also get one community contributor commander for free if you haven't played in 30 days or more. If you have, you can either spend real money or do missions and get them from the in-game store.

For instance for Quickybaby the redeem codes are:

EU: https://eu.wargaming.net/shop/redeem/?bonus_mode=4X3EQUICKYBABY
NA: https://na.wargaming.net/shop/redeem/?bonus_mode=4X3EQUICKYBABY
ASIA: https://asia.wargaming.net/shop/redeem/?bonus_mode=4X3EQUICKYBABY

For Skill replace the bonus code with VSJTSKILL4LTU:

EU: https://eu.wargaming.net/shop/redeem/?bonus_mode=VSJTSKILL4LTU
NA: https://na.wargaming.net/shop/redeem/?bonus_mode=VSJTSKILL4LTU
ASIA: https://asia.wargaming.net/shop/redeem/?bonus_mode=VSJTSKILL4LTU

Again, you can only get one for free, so pick carefully.

There are also codes for Daki and others but I have no idea what they are. They will be happy to tell you in Twitch chat though.

E: also I'm a loving mark and bought the new Strv S1 GI Joe skin:

There's also a Cobra themed Renegade skin.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Oct 14, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

I'm guessing it's "haven't logged in in 30 days or more" because trying Skill's gave me a "code not valid on this account" message.

You couldn't pay me to run QB with a voiceover.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

E: also I'm a loving mark and bought the new Strv S1 GI Joe skin:

I can't help but wonder how many morons shoot at the "add-on" bits on these skins.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Oct 14, 2022