Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Yeah I dunno man I played it on a base PS4 and if the shadows were bad I was going too fast to notice/care that they were any different from Sport and there wasn't any tearing at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Wolfsheim posted:

Oh I played and beat it the year it was released, it would just be neat to do it again with good loading times and slightly better graphics

Oh yeah I was thinking we had talked about it before lol

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Aipsh posted:

I’m watching the Veeg Inscryption stream after the fact because he’s been playing the final fantasy graphical excel plug in for what feels like seven months and then moved on to the next game way after his bed time so I wasn’t prepared.

Already some good moments:

- gets almost instakilled by a bear and says “okay that’s fine”
- is told to go get the thing by the safe, immediately looks at the safe, and says “I don’t know what that is”
- is generally not paying a lot of attention to the rules and library, leading him to invent his own rules, which is equal parts frustrating and funny
-lvg says “you won’t die in the next five minutes” exactly five minutes before the stream ends

In my defense, I had just played 7 and a half hours straight of FFX including the end and my mind was still in that frame of reference for video gaming. The whole experience was amazing and I am glad.

Also card games are not my forte. There is going to be a LOT of me putting the wrong thing down or misunderstanding, based on how a few of my slay the spire runs have gone. But also, I live by my own rules - you know this ;)

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Wolfsheim posted:

I keep putting off installing it on my PS5 in the vain hope that R* will do this but given that they only really did it for GTAV because GTAO is still an infinite money printer and RDO has been abandoned I am not optimistic

They were doing a remake of rdr1 and a 60fps porr/patch of rdr2 but canned it after poor reception to the recent gta trilogy remaster. Lol. Lmao.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Vikar Jerome posted:

They were doing a remake of rdr1 and a 60fps porr/patch of rdr2 but canned it after poor reception to the recent gta trilogy remaster. Lol. Lmao.

well they wouldn't be rockstar if they made good decisions now would they

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

really excited for this stream

The bit where he leaves a lane open for the bear to almost instakill him in the first round was extremely funny for sure

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Escobarbarian posted:

The bit where he leaves a lane open for the bear to almost instakill him in the first round was extremely funny for sure

I thought I had a litttttle more time to sort it out than I did. Whoops! I am not used to card games or games like this :)

I did notice the the stoat telling me things though! I guess he is a previous spirit of sorts? A little bit like my own card. I wonder what happens if your own card is on the table. Do you get hurt when it gets hurt? I should try next time. I just love bees too much

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

That really sucks, but I guess we have the PC version then.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Shrecknet posted:

no they should give us a NEW Twisted Metal

But it's a Battle Royale.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Fix posted:

But it's a Battle Royale.

Yeah but this would actually be cool as a Battle Royale.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

VideoGames posted:

the stoat telling me things though!

From the sounds of it he'll be telling you this a lot

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

But for real don't feel bad about playing bad. the game didn't even totally make sense for me for the first run or two.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Oh you know me, I do not feel bad :) It was a bit over whelming and I learn by doing so I will make mistakes to learn hopefully.
Card games are a very different beast from other things I have played, even if technically they are not. The way they look tricks me into thinking they are.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I said come in! posted:

Yeah but this would actually be cool as a Battle Royale.

It is what it always was.. Godlike figure hosts a wish contest on a sinking volcanic island. Make the game partly like Destruction Allstars and you can sell twice as many cosmetics. Hunt the island for garages. Now you're your Ajax for a while.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

veni veni veni posted:

From the sounds of it he'll be telling you this a lot

stoat rules so much

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Sad to have to wait a week for more card antics but it will be worth it. And the veegs will be in their new house by then!

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

I said come in! posted:

I really dont agree with this. I played both on PS4, and GT7 has tons of screen tearing, and very pixelated shadows that Sport doesnt have. It was unplayable for me because of the screen tearing. And it’s not just this game, its basically every AAA title in the last few years. Everything just feels terrible to play now on even PS4 Pro.

I remember when they announced the PS5 everyone I knew and most people in these threads were saying “I hope it’s like the PS4, just a meat and potatoes console but more powerful” and then it was and then people were upset that it didn’t add waggle or something. It is just a more powerful console. The next one will probably just be even more powerful, and so on. Until someone really clever comes up with some completely new idea for playing games that isn’t a gimmick, that’s where we’re at. Meanwhile we get the 4th remaster of Tactics Ogre, the 2nd remaster of TLOU, and the first remaster of FF13 which was the thirteenth iteration of a series but the first to hit bargain bins faster than Ubisoft games.

Not like I can criticize much. My most anticipated end of year title is Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2: 2, the 18th Call of Duty or something.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

VideoGames posted:

In my defense, I had just played 7 and a half hours straight of FFX including the end and my mind was still in that frame of reference for video gaming. The whole experience was amazing and I am glad.

Also card games are not my forte. There is going to be a LOT of me putting the wrong thing down or misunderstanding, based on how a few of my slay the spire runs have gone. But also, I live by my own rules - you know this ;)

It'll be fun to watch your own first few goes again once you've beaten the game, because it'll look like some sort of mad idiot man throwing cards in the bin and down slits in the floorboards and needlessly gouging your teeth out in comparison. Slay the Spire is a huge guilty pleasure but I would say quite a bit (a lot) harder, although it will feel like you're making progress faster than Inscryption

AMA slay the spire weirdo

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Aipsh posted:

It'll be fun to watch your own first few goes again once you've beaten the game, because it'll look like some sort of mad idiot man throwing cards in the bin and down slits in the floorboards and needlessly gouging your teeth out in comparison. Slay the Spire is a huge guilty pleasure but I would say quite a bit (a lot) harder, although it will feel like you're making progress faster than Inscryption

AMA slay the spire weirdo

Well yesterday morning I did play some Slay the Spire just to get my head around card deck games as my experience is so barren.

I have yet to properly reach the first boss as the ironclad, but with the silent and the defect I have reached the act 2 boss twice on each attempt as them. So far the defect is my favourite way to play! :)

I LOVE the creepy inscryption aesthetic so far though; a lot more than Slay the Spire. It feels like an 80s horror movie.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
I also thought I just “wasn’t good” at deck games but fundamentally, apart from the mental arithmetic there’s not too much difference between balancing damage types in souls games or picking the exact attachments for a gun in COD. Maybe that last one is a stretch.

But ironclad is solid fun - and probably the easiest to win with, if you go all in on block

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
https://twitter.com/manfightdragon/status/1576768394707161088?t=sCHhqf9rPX3lKweTO_xLYw&s=19

P.t is back.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Escobarbarian posted:

I liked when I waited hours and hours for him to finish FFX and then my internet died very soon after Inscryption started and when I came back he had stopped

I liked when he played FFX for hours and hours and all these random new ppl came in and joined in and everyone was having a great time and the vibes were really good and then rarity came out of nowhere with a stone cold stunner from the top rope. S rank stream

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

the lengths mfs will go to get some games on this d*amn thing

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

corn_love.pkg

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

the lengths mfs will go to get some games on this d*amn thing

Lol

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
maybe sony will finally be arsed to provide some proper services instead of just jacking up prices on games and hardware

crunchyroll + ps+ bundle when

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

1996 to 2002... hmm maybe sony do have a remake point after all?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

absolutely hosed up we haven't had a ridge racer since 2011 not counting the bugbear one or phone games and even then it was a piece meal DLC nightmare

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Hey Veeg

https://twitter.com/kapebeansies/status/1576864220658151425?t=6iVnS1d2DB__Arc2VZy5lQ&s=19

:buddy:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

fridge corn posted:

I liked when he played FFX for hours and hours and all these random new ppl came in and joined in and everyone was having a great time and the vibes were really good and then rarity came out of nowhere with a stone cold stunner from the top rope. S rank stream

This is just rude, man.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Zero dawn ps5 is just a remaster, apparantly

But also it comes from a leaked doc detailing all of sonys planned stuff for ps5, poo poo is about to get real! (In b4 no bloodborne)

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1576856800926011392

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Horizon was never gonna be a full remake. That would be too egregious even for these guys. But a remaster, sure, why not

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Remaster is 99% just putting the PC textures into the PS4 game and maybe copy/pasting the DualSense config from HFW

It’ll be $70 anyway because lol

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/Mark_Medina/status/1576715561970462720

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

There's very little to remaster minus the facial animations and draw distance, everything else is essentially maxed out in the PC version.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Escobarbarian posted:

Horizon was never gonna be a full remake. That would be too egregious even for these guys. But a remaster, sure, why not

i can think of several reasons why not

Electromax
May 6, 2007
In my head, a multi game where you and 4 other people work together to shoot ropecasters all over a brontosaurus sounds cool, but in practice it will undoubtedly turn out lame.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I replaced HZD recently and it definitely has a little bit of a "jank" feeling compared to more recent games, although definitely not on the same level as The Last of Us PS3. At the same time, it definitely doesn't need a "burn it all down and start over" remake on the same level as TLOU1 did, so hopefully this isn't a $70 ask and/or is available day one via PS+ Premium.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Electromax posted:

In my head, a multi game where you and 4 other people work together to shoot ropecasters all over a brontosaurus sounds cool, but in practice it will undoubtedly turn out lame.

isn't that just existing game Monster Hunter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Shrecknet posted:

isn't that just existing game Monster Hunter?

Sony don’t own that though dummy