Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

PITY BONER posted:

^^^^^^Until I read the comments in that thread, I had no idea that anyone anywhere would be willing to take this basic rear end robot at face value, what to speak of believing it will ever do any of the things a robot slave would be expected to do. It's vaporware and will be "coming soon" for the next decade, like everything else Elon promotes.

https://twitter.com/teslaownersSV/status/1576022300910006272

LOL at $<20k. Sure.

At least the terminators we have to run and hide from will be slow as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

IDK why Elon Musk would want to gently caress a sexbot, robots can't get pregnant.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

GABA ghoul posted:

Oh god no, please no. Is this the thread where I learn that Asimov was a rapist/pedophile/chud/eugenist/south African/had a really weird body shape?

I regret to inform you that Asimov was a notorious sex pest and serial groper to a point that aroused comment even by the standards of 50/60/70's SiFi conventions. His nickname was "The man with a 100 hands".

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Deptfordx posted:

I regret to inform you that Asimov was a notorious sex pest and serial groper to a point that aroused comment even by the standards of 50/60/70's SiFi conventions. His nickname was "The man with a 100 hands".

Wasn't there a goon who was getting groomed by him before his dad caught on and banned him from the house. Seem to remember the goon didn't know who it was but he just knew it was some sci Fi author and then someone asked where he lived and it was the same neighborhood Asimov lived

B-Rock452 fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Oct 1, 2022

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021
https://twitter.com/Carnage4Life/status/1575813642737500160

JFC. I wish we could get their names and follow them on LinkedIn to see how long they last at Tesla after this. You don't even need the sound on to see how in "holy poo poo, what the gently caress!" mode they are in. LMAO. Elon is so wrapped up in trying to make people like him and bring his fake sci-fi future wishes true that he jumps the gun every loving time. A vaporware truck that's also a boat? Sure. A vaporware semi-truck that needs 13,000kg of batteries to move? Sure. A car that can safely drive itself? Sure. A robot that will replace human laborers and cost less than $20k? Sure.
Another example:

https://twitter.com/robinivski/status/1562961915466240002

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Deptfordx posted:

good he's dead so I can continue reading his bomb rear end scifi and be safe from Twitter SJWs!

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

B-Rock452 posted:

Wasn't there a goon who was getting groomed by him before his dad caught on and banned him from the house. Seem to remember the goon didn't know who it was but he just knew it was some sci Fi author and then someone asked where he lived and it was the same neighborhood Asimov lived

That was Clarke (and not a goon either iirc)

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Bad Purchase posted:

pure fantasy, a general purpose humanoid robot assistant that can outperform specialized machines in households or offices won’t happen in any of our lifetimes

the only possible exception, as noted previously, is for sex

Even with sex I dunno, a fleshlight seems a lot more efficient than, like, a realdoll with motors in it.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

there's already a market for non-robotic realdolls, some people are all about that uncanny valley aesthetic. and there's also those people who marry the anime ipad robots :shrug:

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022

EVIL Gibson posted:

good he's dead so I can continue reading his bomb rear end scifi and be safe from Twitter SJWs!

:chloe:

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica

Captain Hygiene posted:

Sorry, that was me being up too late and needlessly grumpy as a result.

It's all good my goon but in this thread you should really never apologize. Just double down forever. Leverage exponential growth. If you double down just six times that is actually a 64 down. In less than a day you can have the spiciest take on the internet.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
I hope some of these old-world CEO's actually believe this absolute bullshit and bankrupt themselves on trying to replace their living staff.

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021

The Moon Monster posted:

Even with sex I dunno, a fleshlight seems a lot more efficient than, like, a realdoll with motors in it.
But if you go electric you can do it with a friend

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Only 5L capacity? Sigh, another company ignoring the furry market

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica

The Moon Monster posted:

I think you underestimate the deep well of loneliness out there. Surprisingly not for Musk. Ladies seem to love him, especially ladies married to his friends. I do not expect any fallout from this.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Elon has a weird penis because it got mangled during his first sexbot test

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
he shouldn't have put the charging port so close to the other openings

lDDQD
Apr 16, 2006
Love the look of horror in that cow's eye.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Hey fellow goons. Earlier in the thread I made posts suggesting that at some point in my past I had sexual intercourse with a Cannon inkjet printer( model T4000L, serial number 699448801, produced in 2001 in South Korea). I'm here today to tell you that nothing could be further from the truth. Neither did this behavior ever take place nor was I ever under the assumption that such type of sexual behavior was common or considered normal in the years 2000 to 2010. Me, my wife and my kids stand together through these troubling allegations and with professional and thorough psychiatric counseling we will weather this crisis together. For the young kids reading this thread I only have once message today: Only through Jesus Christ can you find trough peace.and fulfilment in life. Do not go down the easy and alluring path of robosexuality! Only sorrows lie this way! Anyways, again, I didn't do it.

Deptfordx posted:

Figures. At this point it's probably easier to make a list of people who weren't a piece of poo poo.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
It's already been written, here it is:

The List posted:

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Back in my day I would carry a printer for miles to get sex

Now I have robots to carry the printer for me

Molten Llama
Sep 20, 2006

2nd Amendment posted:

Now there are weird creepy stans coming out of the woodwork?

Eh, I don't know that any of the Elon fans here have reached peak weird creepy stan yet. Twitter's still got that on lock.

https://twitter.com/EvasTeslaSPlaid/status/1576189386030743552

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

2nd Amendment posted:

I think you underestimate the deep well of loneliness out there. Surprisingly not for Musk. Ladies seem to love him, especially ladies married to his friends. I do not expect any fallout from this.

I'm talking entirely about efficiency here, the goal is cum as quickly and often as possible, right?

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021

Molten Llama posted:

Eh, I don't know that any of the Elon fans here have reached peak weird creepy stan yet. Twitter's still got that on lock.

https://twitter.com/EvasTeslaSPlaid/status/1576189386030743552
33k likes for thirsty comments? Wow. We just saw how "great" his blindingly pale body looks while on holiday in the Mediterranean. Also, it's not hard to look "ripped" (LOL) at 51 without a history of ever lifting or doing any intensive labor by simply getting your doctor to give you bi-weekly testosterone injections (which also helps to combat perma-flaccidity).

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

PITY BONER posted:

33k likes for thirsty comments? Wow. We just saw how "great" his blindingly pale body looks while on holiday in the Mediterranean.

There are folks valiantly defending him over the beach bod photos posted in the replies, although the photos themselves have all been hidden by that tweeter for some reason :iiam:

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
is this the pic of the pale and lumpy cliffs of the Aegean shoreline?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

elon musk? you mean the Play-Doh Guy?

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021

PhazonLink posted:

is this the pic of the pale and lumpy cliffs of the Aegean shoreline?
Nay, tis be the chalky cliffs of Dover.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Sentient Data posted:

It's already been written, here it is:

drat Mary Shelley, too? loving hell.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

PITY BONER posted:

A vaporware truck that's also a boat? Sure. A vaporware semi-truck that needs 13,000kg of batteries to move? Sure.

Sort of surprised the cyber trucks vaporware just because it seemed to mostly be a truck but lovely and with a bunch of metal bolted on to it to make it look "cyber". Like it doesn't really matter how poo poo it is, and how many promises about it they go back on it is, if it looks sci-fi and has musks name on it, it gonna sell.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I do think it's interesting from a psychological standpoint how so many people will always flock to certain famous people and start worshipping, defending and follow them. It's like in some peoples DNA to just be followers of people with higher standings

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

What if Elon loses his case against Twitter and tells the court to eff off?

quote:

Berger, who was also a vice chancellor of the Chancery Court in the 1980s and 1990s, stood by those concerns in an interview with The Associated Press but said she doubted the Delaware institution would go so far as to make him complete the deal.

“The court can impose sanctions and the court can kind of coerce Musk into taking over the company,” she said. “But why would the court do that when what really is at stake is money?"

Lol so if you have $1,000 in outstanding medical debt, the hospital and debt collectors and courts will hound you until the day you die (and probably even after that) but if you sign an agreement to buy a company for a shitload of money and reneg, the courts will basically just throw up their hands and say "ah well, nothing we can do here!"

https://www.inquirer.com/business/technology/elon-musk-twitter-delaware-court-20221003.html

haljordan fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Oct 3, 2022

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

I've been in so many meetings where a dipshit leader will speak themselves into corners and commit to things that are literally impossible and those looks on the engineers are so damned familiar. Good lord I don't know how anyone genuinely believes anything Elon says, he's just making poo poo up on the spot.

My favorite example of this behavior was my old boss explaining to some safety reps from Transport Canada that his brilliant idea to help a passenger drone plummeting from the sky would be to put rockets that would fire to slow the vehicle down vertically when in a freefall situation.

The Transport Canada guys were... Less than impressed with the notion of having rockets on what was up-until-then being discussed as a consumer product.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I only watch actual video clips of him speaking onc3 in a long while, and I'm surprised every time by what an uncomfortable, uncharismatic speaker he is. Like, he's just up there spouting obvious made-up bullshit, but there's not even a forceful personality behind it to make it seem real, why would anybody pay attention to that?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

That middle guy has the worst pokerface of the lot

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Mr. Lobe posted:

That middle guy has the worst pokerface of the lot

I like the guy on the left scratching the back of his neck, he appears to be contemplating cracking Elon in the head to get him to shut up

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Captain Hygiene posted:

I only watch actual video clips of him speaking onc3 in a long while, and I'm surprised every time by what an uncomfortable, uncharismatic speaker he is. Like, he's just up there spouting obvious made-up bullshit, but there's not even a forceful personality behind it to make it seem real, why would anybody pay attention to that?
That's part of the "charm", apparently. People talk about how real it is that he mumbles his way through it, like that's endearing or something. It's quite odd really, like there's a cognitive dissonance in the comparisons that are often made between him and Tony Stark.

I mean, I find Apple's keynotes to be sterile, and Tim Cook is a charisma vacuum, but Tesla's ones are just a shambles.

I guess the ultimate question is - will 2023 be the year that people actually stop believing in all of the bullshit Elon says is coming "next month" for $99?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

he doesn’t even say anything in that presentation. like, we’ll make a computer that is 4x more powerful in the future, and some day our arbitrary safety number will go from 300 to 1000. then mentions that some people are not as safe other people on the road — why even bring that up unless your sales pitch is going to be something monumentally stupid like “our car is slightly better than the worst driver you can imagine”. it’s confusing more than anything else.

those engineers aren’t hearing new requirements for the first time on stage because none were given, at least not with dates or an actionable roadmap to a release. well, other than the faster computer will be ready when cybertruck finally launches, but :lol:

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Somebody wants a Nobel Peace Prize for his "solution" here.

Please, Elan Mosk, stop posting.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1576969255031296000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Just gonna temporarily halt transfers and do a rollback on national ownership to fix this