Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Vikings should be a 50/50 game IMO.

Also, it's sort of nice that they've won two games by the skin of their teeth where they didn't play complementary football for 3 quarters. The team should only get more consistent over the course of the year given how many young guys they have playing key roles. It might not happen! But if it does a lot of games that didn't look winnable before are going to be more competitive than expected.

Also if Zach Wilson can replicate like...70% (?) of how he played in that 4th quarter, they'll win more games than we expect. Again, might not (or probably won't) happen, but that's why we watch the games.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Oct 3, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
The Dolphins Jets game will be very informative for both team's fortunes the rest of the year. The Dolphins need it way more than the Jets, but it should suit the Jets more for the Dolphins to be discombobulated and pressing, and the Jets taking punchers chances

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Hopefully the Bills can crush the Steelers in an easy game that doesn't need to overwork those coming back from injury. Then it's Kansas which is one of the few games left where the Bills aren't going to be favourites (Green Bay if Rodgers suddenly meshes with his WRs and the Fish revenge game).

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I'm pretty excited to see how the Jets plan on matching up their CBs against the Dolphins' WRs. It'll be a huge test if they're playing them in man.

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1576919999826071554

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
If everyone is healthy (except Tua) it would be very disappointing to lose to the Jets.

If Byron Jones still can’t go and Howard, Waddle or the Oline are banged up its a toss up.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

TheBizzness posted:

If everyone is healthy (except Tua) it would be very disappointing to lose to the Jets.

If Byron Jones still can’t go and Howard, Waddle or the Oline are banged up its a toss up.

We went from 7 point favorites to 3 point favorites.

Hopefully Teddy looks better with more practice and game planning with the 1's.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Diva Cupcake posted:

I'm pretty excited to see how the Jets plan on matching up their CBs against the Dolphins' WRs. It'll be a huge test if they're playing them in man.

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1576919999826071554

I earnestly have no idea how you account for Hill/Waddle, but I wouldn't be surprised if the defensive gameplan looks something similar to their gameplan yesterday. I think they rushed 4 on like 95% of defensive snaps. They might not blitz at all against the Dolphins.

Also, MetLife *should* be insane come Sunday, but I expect it to be half full with Dolphins fans.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Oct 3, 2022

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
It's nice to see the Jets fans in such good spirits, but a comeback win on the road directed by your maligned 2nd-year quarterback as lots of other young players put in strong performances too does that for a fan base.

Rooting for you guys Sunday, of course.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Jets have a shot at first place in the division on Sunday.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

fsif posted:

Jets have a shot at first place in the division on Sunday.
Maybe if the Ravens could have held on. You lot are going to stomp on the Steelers.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

Teddy just needs to be at the game manager level he was last year in Denver to get the offense doing good things. i predict that will happen and the Dolphins will win the game

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

epic bacon posted:

Teddy just needs to be at the game manager level he was last year in Denver to get the offense doing good things. i predict that will happen and the Dolphins will win the game

Yeah, you figure they'll just do a lot of quick game to Hill and Waddle and let the Jets figure out how to stop them. That on its own should be a reasonably effective gameplan. I honestly don't know how you prepare for Hill and Waddle.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I thought Teddy looked decent enough on Thursday, and he has a long week of starter reps to help him out.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Lmao

https://twitter.com/davidcanter/status/1576953861897871360?s=46&t=WkaUiPPZG6F8mhitV-mvig

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

tarbrush posted:

I thought Teddy looked decent enough on Thursday, and he has a long week of starter reps to help him out.

hope he causes a qb controversy

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
https://twitter.com/BuiltInBuffalo_/status/1576933169353269248

Elam has been playing pretty well for a guy that seemed to lose some of his shine post-draft. Coincidentally enough his first few games remind me a lot of Tre White in that you've heard basically nothing about him, which is typically a good sign for a rookie corner.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1576954311203991553

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Diva Cupcake posted:

Maybe if the Ravens could have held on. You lot are going to stomp on the Steelers.

I meant "a shot" more in the mathematical sense than the "this is a plausible outcome" sense.

whatis posted:

https://twitter.com/BuiltInBuffalo_/status/1576933169353269248

Elam has been playing pretty well for a guy that seemed to lose some of his shine post-draft. Coincidentally enough his first few games remind me a lot of Tre White in that you've heard basically nothing about him, which is typically a good sign for a rookie corner.

An unexpected positive development of this season is the Bills ended up with really solid corner depth. Weird that Elam and Benford will probably be on the bench when Tre comes back.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

fsif posted:

I meant "a shot" more in the mathematical sense than the "this is a plausible outcome" sense.

An unexpected positive development of this season is the Bills ended up with really solid corner depth. Weird that Elam and Benford will probably be on the bench when Tre comes back.
They may want to ease Tre in a little, and we won't have to worry too much if Jackson or Johnson needs a quick breather.
Maybe one of them could even splash at safety at times?

Who knows? I expected Elam would be slower to come on and certainly I think no one expected Benford to be this good.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

During the summer, Beane mentioned Benford can play both CB and Safety. White and Elam as long term CB, Jackson as depth CB and Benford to Safety. Poyer-Benford could be the safety pairing to see our this season then Hyde-Benford next year or Poyer-Hyde+Benford if they can re-sign Poyer.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Rams - bad QB
Titans -bad QB
Fish - concussed QB with limited snaps
Ravens - bad WR & playcalling
Steelers - bad offenve, rookie QB
Mahomes will be the first big test of Elam

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

:stare:

https://twitter.com/Ferd_Turgeson/status/1576682723116077056

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
If McDaniel can pull some Andy Reid redzone plays out of his butt, the Dolphins offense should be fine.

If he keeps the same crap he did on Thursday, maybe not.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

They look more similar then most Brady headshots throughout the years.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Pablo Bluth posted:

Rams - bad QB
Titans -bad QB
Fish - concussed QB with limited snaps
Ravens - bad WR & playcalling
Steelers - bad offenve, rookie QB
Mahomes will be the first big test of Elam

You're selling the opposing offenses short. Matt Stafford is not a "bad QB" and the Ravens and Dolphins offenses looked like top 5 units before they faced the Bills.

fsif fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Oct 3, 2022

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Ehud posted:

hope he causes a qb controversy

Someone told me Teddy Bridgewater is the best back up QB in the NFL

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Mulaney Power Move posted:

Only because Jimmy G is a starter now

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

syzpid posted:

Unless the Jets are playing one of the top 5 QBs in the league you always say the other team has a lovely QB that they should definitely beat even if the guy is just an average at best QB who doesn't make mistakes.

The Jets have played 2 out of the 4 games this year (the ones they won) against QBs who aren't NFL starter quality and Bridgewater is like 30th best starter in the NFL tier.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I don't even think I want Tua to play anymore. My blood pressure can't handle being afraid he will die every play. I see where Tom Brady's wife is coming from now.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

The best backup in the NFL is clearly Dak.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I don't even think I want Tua to play anymore. My blood pressure can't handle being afraid he will die every play. I see where Tom Brady's wife is coming from now.

He’s not going to die on the field. The NFL was far more violent in the past and there’s still only ever been one on field death and that was due to heart attack. If Tua keeps playing he will probably diminish his future quality of life and possibly hasten his demise, which is true of basically everyone playing football other than the guys who never get hit like punters and kickers and long snappers.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

fsif posted:

You're selling him the opposing offenses short. Matt Stafford is not a "bad QB" and the Ravens and Dolphins offenses looked like top 5 units before they faced the Bills.
I was being a bit facetious but I do think the DL has been working so well it's forcing QB to have a bad day and made the job of the secondary a lot easier. For example, Stafford got flustered and either got sacked or didn't look beyond Kupp.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Cool

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1576977084244557830?s=46&t=WkaUiPPZG6F8mhitV-mvig

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Awesome. Hopefully we can get Duane Brown back soon because this patchwork musical chairs OL isn't going to hold up for long.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

Awesome. Hopefully we can get Duane Brown back soon because this patchwork musical chairs OL isn't going to hold up for long.

Watch them move AVT to RT next week if Brown plays and that is probably the right move!

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

mcmagic posted:

Watch them move AVT to RT next week if Brown plays and that is probably the right move!

I have no idea how he graded out but Herbig seemed...totally fine at RG?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

I have no idea how he graded out but Herbig seemed...totally fine at RG?

He's more serviceable than McDermott but they did allow TWENTY TWO pressures...

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

mcmagic posted:

He's more serviceable than McDermott but they did allow TWENTY TWO pressures...

lol fair enough, Flacco would have been sacked 15 times yesterday

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Not a surprise (except maybe to mcmagic)

https://twitter.com/gunnerhal/status/1576989408972394496?s=46&t=WkaUiPPZG6F8mhitV-mvig

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Oct 3, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Jets have had good luck in the QBs they have played this season.