Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
gently caress the...
This poll is closed.
Cowboys 82 42.05%
Commanders (really, that's the name?) 38 19.49%
Giants 29 14.87%
Eagles 46 23.59%
Total: 116 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I have yelled at very many coworkers, friends and family to shut the gently caress up with your "but I just have a feeling they're going to suck any minute" type comments and to just enjoy the loving wins, god drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

beep by grandpa posted:

this feels good

this feels fun

i love it

I don't care

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

I don’t think I’ve ever hated Washington as much as now. I was actually more apathetic than anything the past few years but this year they just make me mad. Except for like two or three players everything about the team is unlikeable including their lovely new QB

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

beep by grandpa posted:

I have yelled at very many coworkers, friends and family to shut the gently caress up with your "but I just have a feeling they're going to suck any minute" type comments and to just enjoy the loving wins, god drat

They will suck any minute now

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I’m just kidding, SUPERBOWL BITCH

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

the most appropriate thing to happen would be for us to go 17-0, get the playoff bi, cruise through the divisional and be defeated at the nfc championship by wildcard team and future super bowl LVII champion, the New York Giants

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

beep by grandpa posted:

the most appropriate thing to happen would be for us to go 17-0, get the playoff bi, cruise through the divisional and be defeated at the nfc championship by wildcard team and future super bowl LVII champion, the New York Giants

Dreams Dashed by Danny Dimes :hmmyes:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

beep by grandpa posted:

the playoff bi

that's my nickname

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

indigi posted:

that's my nickname

Lol

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

football is gay

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

why as a man are you so concerned with touching balls

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Mind_Taker posted:

I don’t think I’ve ever hated Washington as much as now. I was actually more apathetic than anything the past few years but this year they just make me mad. Except for like two or three players everything about the team is unlikeable including their lovely new QB

McLaurin, Young, and… oh Tress Way. Yep that’s it.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I hope terry gets traded to a real franchise . At least he got paid

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

The Bananana posted:

Woooooooooooooooooooo

Cowboys!

I don't get this. Is the "B" on your keyboard broke?

euphronius posted:

The eagles have one good team left on the schedule . Packers but it’s in Philadelphia

Don't want to look past them but the Pack is looking pretty mortal right now. Rodgers is functional but that's about it.

indigi posted:

why as a man are you so concerned with touching balls

As a thumbnail your av looks like it's got the Quaker Oats box in it.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Even bill Simmons was saying last night the eagles have a chance at an undefeated season

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

predicto posted:

McLaurin, Young, and… oh Tress Way. Yep that’s it.

Curtis Samuel has finally got healthy enough to play. Our 1st round pick reciever Dotson is amazing too, he caught the only touchdown yesterday and has caught touchdowns in every game. But yeah, that’s about it.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

euphronius posted:

Even bill Simmons was saying last night the eagles have a chance at an undefeated season

I don't want to get my hopes up but I would love to hold that over the heads of the remaining Pats fans around here.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://twitter.com/ChadwikoTWW/status/1576690564577169410?s=20&t=vOEmcdyhnCJo_7hcZxl-9A

https://twitter.com/_mattschoen_/status/1576614584252715008?s=20&t=rmGX-F2jiSBtKRRFSuGpyA

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I didn’t know rich people wore sneakers now

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

good morning to undefeated teams only

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Current NFC standings:

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
lol the eagles aren't going undefeated

you're out of your mind if you think this team isn't completely capable of inexplicably dropping two or three divisional games

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

euphronius posted:

bill Simmons

worst football mind in the business

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

euphronius posted:

Impossible because they're virtually guaranteed one stupid loss to the Cowboys

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I guess I am not technically in the business

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Eagles are also in Arizona this week, where they're 0-5 since their last win in their old stadium in 2001 :911:

Dumb poo poo happens there so I'd expect a nailbiter until shown otherwise

shyduck fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Oct 3, 2022

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

AZ is a joke. if they lose they need to fire Gannon

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Mr. Nice! posted:

Current NFC standings:

Detroit_Lions.jpg

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Toaster Beef posted:

you're out of your mind if you think this team isn't completely capable of inexplicably dropping two or three divisional games

shyduck posted:

Impossible because they're virtually guaranteed one stupid loss to the Cowboys

These guys get it

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Toaster Beef posted:

It is always unlikely but who in this div is gonna beat them right now? I want to believe

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

ASAPRockySituation posted:

It is always unlikely but who in this div is gonna beat them right now? I want to believe

This is tempting the Clownball gods to drop an inexplicable 7-3 loss on the Eagles.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

a scorigami tie

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

I'd love an undefeated season but considering clown ball poo poo like whatever the Giants did yesterday to somehow win in this NFL and be 3-1, I'm much more confident in expecting about 3 embarrassing letdown losses or some cursed injuries when going for win 17 when all signs point to taking the extra rest for the best.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

shyduck posted:

a scorigami tie

:hmmyes: 4-4 tie in their Thursday night game at Houston.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

They're the best team in the division right now, no question. It'd be bonkers to say otherwise. But an NFC East team going undefeated in their own division has only happened, like ... twice since the 2000 season, I think. I could be wrong about that, I may just be thinking division winners and missing a team that crushed everybody else in the division but sucked rear end outside of it — but the point is anybody trying to maintain any semblance of control over this division might as well be herding cats.

God only knows where this division ends up, and he abandoned it a long time ago.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
*stumbles in*

Uh....McCarthyism...running wild in D.C.! Commies got taken out!!!!!

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Dak coming back from the finger and going nuclear is a very Philly thing to happen

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

euphronius posted:

I guess I am not technically in the business

Lol

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Eagles online died yesterday so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

iamsosmrt posted:

I'd love an undefeated season but considering clown ball poo poo like whatever the Giants did yesterday to somehow win in this NFL and be 3-1, I'm much more confident in expecting about 3 embarrassing letdown losses or some cursed injuries when going for win 17 when all signs point to taking the extra rest for the best.

Jan 29, 2023. The Giants are 17-1 and taking the field in the Meadowlands. Their opponent is a plucky team from Florida that everyone is counting out after a ho-hum regular season.