Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I just get a Costco hot dog then pop over to my new ampm location and take chopped onions for free. I always say "I'm getting gas can I get some chopped onions", they always say absolutely brother and let me do my business.
I take a jar in and fill it with peppers then go 'i brought this in", and point to the jar.
I hop in my Tesla and if anyone challenges me on why I'm parked at the pump in an EV I say 'im sorry it's a rental' they probably know it's a hoax as I have 50 Gold's Gym stickers in the back with full back window sized image of musk going 'i did that' pointing to a picture of Bolivia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

that dude should have his membership revoked until he apologizes

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

I think I just read multiple paragraphs of earnest posting about gas station soda pop in the Sherpa thread ????

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Yeah but is the soda better on steam or diesel trains?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
sherpa season is here my dudes

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

1 sherpa for me
1 sherpa for my SO
1 sherpa for the cats to live on so they're not constantly attacking our feet

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

It's also Jachs Girlfriend flannel season and I'm buying two of each color. I don't even care, those things are warm as gently caress and even a large is huge. Pbuc, $11.99 each.

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
I think we can all agree that QT is the one true gas station when it comes to food, all others pale in comparison.

I got the Shepherd’s Pie a couple weeks ago, it was still good but it feels like it was different than when I last had it a couple years ago. I only made it halfway through because goodness that’s a lot of food.

Kimchi is dope, slice was great. Will travel to Costco again.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Casey's has the best pizza out of any gas station, and poo poo it beats out like Papa John's

Anyway can't wait for more warmer clothing and blankets, I want to be a fuckin sloth this winter (when I'm not doing house stuff so just fml)

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255
Casey's breakfast pizza is god-tier.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Costco should carry the Aidells Artichoke and Garlic chicken sausages imo, its the brand's best flavor

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica
Anyone ever buy a sectional couch from Costco? My wife want's to get one, but I want to make sure they're comfy and hold up more than a couple of years.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

caseys pizza is a good way to get diarrhea

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I wish Costco drinks were Coke instead of Pepsi

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
the low prices are due to squeezing the poo poo out of vendors. coca cola refuses to be squeezed, pepsi acquiesces. thats the rub friend

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

FCKGW posted:

I wish Costco drinks were Coke instead of Pepsi

Coke and Pepsi taste the same.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Greatbacon posted:

Anyone ever buy a sectional couch from Costco? My wife want's to get one, but I want to make sure they're comfy and hold up more than a couple of years.

They're...OK. The value is in the return policy. Our has held up except for the back cushions which have gotten pretty droopy. They're the kind that are attached directly to the sofa like you see with a lot of midrange sectionals nowadays.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
The best sectional I ever bought came from Big Lots. IDK either.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

Nocheez posted:

The best sectional I ever bought came from Big Lots. IDK either.

Seems like if you don't want to spend big money then all the stores are about the same.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i bring my own toppings to subway but you have to slip the sandwich artist some tongue

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Nocheez posted:

What's it like not having tastebuds

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

The only flavors that exist are hot dog and not dog

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Nocheez posted:

This is not remotely true lmfao

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Coke is too syrupy

*bangs gavel*

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
"Good" couches are tough to find. The cheap Costco stuff is fine, but apparently they don't hold up for too long. Kids and pets can accelerate the decline. "High end" couches still feel cheap as all hell, but they have electric recliners, USB ports and poo poo I don't want. We spent too much money on a Costco LoveSac Sectional a couple years ago. It's built like a tank. I recently had to spend ~10 days sleeping on it due to a COVID thing and it wasn't just a good night sleep for a couch, it was a good night sleep, period.

We've been in the market for a new dining table for years and haven't found anything. A friend needed a conference table for her tiny startup and picked up a 100-year-old Misson-style dining room table from Habitat for Humanity ReStore for $7; the legs had separated from the tabletop, which she fixed with 3 nails. It needs some cosmetic work, but not much. I may have popped a blood vessel.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

fischtick posted:

"Good" couches are tough to find. The cheap Costco stuff is fine, but apparently they don't hold up for too long. Kids and pets can accelerate the decline. "High end" couches still feel cheap as all hell, but they have electric recliners, USB ports and poo poo I don't want. We spent too much money on a Costco LoveSac Sectional a couple years ago. It's built like a tank. I recently had to spend ~10 days sleeping on it due to a COVID thing and it wasn't just a good night sleep for a couch, it was a good night sleep, period.

We've been in the market for a new dining table for years and haven't found anything. A friend needed a conference table for her tiny startup and picked up a 100-year-old Misson-style dining room table from Habitat for Humanity ReStore for $7; the legs had separated from the tabletop, which she fixed with 3 nails. It needs some cosmetic work, but not much. I may have popped a blood vessel.

I really think quality in the industry as a whole sucks. I've wondered if it's a consequence of the domestic furniture industry dying off.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Love sacs always seemed pretty expensive. Good to know that the quality is at least worthy of their price tag.

Is the Costco lovesac cheaper than the retail stores?

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Pershing posted:

I really think quality in the industry as a whole sucks. I've wondered if it's a consequence of the domestic furniture industry dying off.

Like all things these days, it's a race to the bottom. There are still a good amount of companies hand making furniture in the US but you're going to get sticker shock.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Pershing posted:

The domestic furniture industry still exists, and parts of it are doing pretty well. They had to move upmarket though to stay in business.

Good furniture, especially solid made in the US furniture, is very expensive. You can get some decent stuff out of Vietnam or Mexico as well, but pricing on quality furniture will make you do a double take for sure.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Why does costco have pepsi and not also have have mountain dew?

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Dr Tran posted:

Sometimes they dew! I think I had it last in Billings MT.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Dr Tran posted:

I just had it last night (Naperville, IL)!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I bought a $1k sectional from Costco and it was rear end because it pilled up so loving bad that we had to take a sweater razor to it every month

We just bought some LaZBoy stuff and it cost a lot, took months to show up, and was made poorly. One of the recliner legs fell off and dumped my pregnant wife onto the floor.

gently caress furniture, but also we got so drat sick of getting unmatched and worn thrift store/hand me down stuff.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Ineffiable posted:

Love sacs always seemed pretty expensive. Good to know that the quality is at least worthy of their price tag.

Is the Costco lovesac cheaper than the retail stores?

I’ve had a lovesac for 5 years and absolutely never regretted it for a single second.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Dr Tran posted:

The Costco near me has Mountain Dew but not Sierra Mist or 7-Up or any other Sprite analogue. Mountain Dew is not Sprite mister Kirkland!!!!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

fischtick posted:

Yeah my dad just bought a love sac and the drat thing is a tank but it was also expensive AF (he spent like 10k on the dumb thing).

It’s an exceptionally nice couch and it’s awesome that the covers are washable too. I can’t say it’s worth the money but it is nice.

We are replacing our poo poo ikea couch with one from living spaces for $900 lol. The only good thing the ikea couch had was the washable covers. I wish more couches had that.

Edit: putting the love sac together was annoying AF and took way too fuckin long.

Edit 2: the built in surround sound is cool as hell though. I do wish I could get that lol

MarcusSA fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Oct 3, 2022

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

OldSenileGuy posted:

The Costco near me has Mountain Dew but not Sierra Mist or 7-Up or any other Sprite analogue. Mountain Dew is not Sprite mister Kirkland!!!!

I read this in the voice of "how do you expect me to eat this without raw onions" man, lol

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Pilfered Pallbearers posted:

I’ve had a lovesac for 5 years and absolutely never regretted it for a single second.

Good to hear. I'm still curious if it's cheaper than their retail store but I think if I have to replace the couch I will save up and go for a lovesac set up.

Plus gotta wait for a seasonal sale I'm sure.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ineffiable posted:

Good to hear. I'm still curious if it's cheaper than their retail store but I think if I have to replace the couch I will save up and go for a lovesac set up.

Plus gotta wait for a seasonal sale I'm sure.

It’s probably not cheaper. Definitely wait for a sale though.

Bestbuy also sells love sac stuff so you could check there too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
I did a whole write up (maybe in this thread) about the LoveSac deal a while back. It boils down to:

Let's say an 8-piece LoveSac sectional costs $X.
The Costco deal: for just about $X you get a 6-piece (in a limited number of fabrics/textures) with two wooden cupholders; a nifty wooden thing that turns any seat into a coffee table; 2 regular sized pillows and 2 big pillows made out of your choice of LoveSac fabric; 2 better-than-sherpa (FIGHT ME) blankets that have pockets where you can put your feet; 1 regular sized lovesac with a matching ottoman.

That was the deal coming up on 3 years ago. They may have changed it since then.

Assembly was hilarious. They ship each arm/back, bottom, and cushions separately. It's a shitload of cardboard. Each piece is also naked, and you need to slip the covers over your creations.

The arms and bottoms are built like nothing I've ever seen. Once you decide on a layout, you line an arm/back up with a bottom and there's this huge iron C-clamp you stomp into place. They advertise it as something you can rearrange all you'd like, but I think we've only made one adjustment in ~3 years.