Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

First ep of G-witch was pretty cool. The plot is almost beat for beat the same as the first ep of Revolutionary Girl Utena which is not a comparison i was expecting to make abot Gundam.

edit: lol oops missed it had its own thread

Droyer fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Oct 2, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=on3RlaowAtc

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

Amuro and Lalah's roles should probably be swapped in this given how things turn out

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Seemlar posted:

Amuro and Lalah's roles should probably be swapped in this given how things turn out

Lalah's ghost was just getting well-deserved payback.

(Despite evidence to the contrary, I like to think that Chan is there beyond the time, and just tries to not get involved when the whole Char, Amuro, and Lalah thing gets weird. Which is, admittedly, often.)

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://twitter.com/PowerfulHag/status/1576539277759913984

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Build Fighters is a delight so far. Who signed off on letting a Mega Sized Zaku into the world tournament???

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Ibblebibble posted:

Build Fighters is a delight so far. Who signed off on letting a Mega Sized Zaku into the world tournament???

They do explain that next episode.

gently caress build fighters was good. Every character was so good and there was almost no bad episodes in the bunch.

I wish try embraced being more silly with the gunpla , with tournament competitions having stuff like wacky races and gunpla baseball .
'

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

does anyone know if they've ever found the Double Zeta english dub? it's so weird to me that something that was airing on tv in the mid 2000s can be lost media, all I know of is a few clips on youtube

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

SEA dubs have proven to be pretty hard to find, and Sunrise doesn't really want to acknowledge it like the original movie dubs.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm still mad we didn't get an Abigorbine kit.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

SEA dubs have proven to be pretty hard to find, and Sunrise doesn't really want to acknowledge it like the original movie dubs.

That's fair. I don't even want to acknowledge the original movie dubs. Bury those things in the loving desert like an ET cartridge.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Honestly, they've had a pretty consistent English cast for UC stuff over the last decade or so, it wouldn't be a bad idea to redub the movies with the current voices.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqBa6zWf9bQ

If they update the dubs for older shows they should never change Wing dub.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Honestly, they've had a pretty consistent English cast for UC stuff over the last decade or so, it wouldn't be a bad idea to redub the movies with the current voices.

It might be worth the retread, but I'm not exactly a fan of the Seed HD Remaster dub clips they've show so far--those fuckers have the same energy that the 0079 movie dubs have :psyduck:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Wing's dub is exactly the right idiot crackpot energy it needs

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Who did the redub for SEED? NYAV Post? Their UC work is exceptional. Wonder what happened with SEED.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Monaghan posted:

They do explain that next episode.

gently caress build fighters was good. Every character was so good and there was almost no bad episodes in the bunch.

I wish try embraced being more silly with the gunpla , with tournament competitions having stuff like wacky races and gunpla baseball .
'

Redline Gunpla

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Redline already has a Gundam from the magical girl planet Supergrass.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
The ending of Turn A Gundam is frickin crazy... really good show!

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

GBF: Is magic... real???????? (It hasn't been confirmed for me in the show yet and I don't wanna know) What a show.

Beargguy Rocky training montage is one of my top 5 Gundam moments btw.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I can confirm, Magic is real

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin
Ive been on a gundam kick and just finished IBO which is excellent and wondering what to start next. I know seed is generally pretty disliked but is 00 any good? I remember watching it went it was airing but barely remember anything.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

SEED itself is fine, it isn't great, but it is fine. Destiny is really where they take that thing off the rails.

00 is drat solid in S1, and while s2 is a step back it is also dumber in a fun way (imo).

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Watch all Tomino Gundam in production order

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

imo 00 s1 is overhyped but it is interesting and kind of unusual for gundam. never saw more than a couple episodes of s2. definitely worth watching a few episodes of to see if you're feeling it or not.

this is the time i'm allowed to recommend thunderbolt: december sky as it shares some concepts with ibo and they are both on the "mega dark" side of gundam tone (thunderbolt is substantially more mega dark than ibo)

whatever various opinions people have on it aside it's literally only 1 hour long, very convenient and easy to just watch and form your own opinion of. it's set in the main UC continuity* but the only "homework" you need to do is look up the opening narration of the original Mobile Suit Gundam. That gets you all the context you need.

*technically a clone continuity that progressively deviates from the main one but this doesn't matter for the purposes of this rec, and doesn't really matter at all unless you're a huge nerd

ninjewtsu fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Oct 4, 2022

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Gaius Marius posted:

Watch all Tomino Gundam in production order

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

WfM is bringing in a lot of new fans, and I'm really hoping that after it ends those fans stick with Gundam, and ask what other Gundam series have lots of good female characters, and thousands of new people who haven't been poisoned by the dumb received wisdom in the western mecha fan community watch Victory and see that it is good.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Monkey's paw curls and Reccoa gets a following instead of Chara Soon and Haman.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Victory is trash garbage that people latch onto to make themselves seem intelligent, it's the signature move of several posters in this thread.

Seed is fine and watchable, Destiny starts off with promise but devolves into trash, 00S1 is fantastic, 00S2 has some cool moments but squanders the uniqueness of S1 horribly and is mostly bad.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

victory does sound like trash garbage but i suspect people may have reasons for enjoying it that aren't "wanting to look smart"

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I just like the Zanscare mechanical designs. They've got a cool and unique aesthetic.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
I watched all of Victory last year and got exactly three (3) feelings out of it.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

which feelings were they?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

RevolverDivider posted:

Victory is trash garbage that people latch onto to make themselves seem intelligent, it's the signature move of several posters in this thread.

Settle down, Beavis.

Victory peaks at ok, but goddamn it has got some nasty lows. A very weird show. I still like standing up to the victory though. A song that can make me smile.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

1. Watch out
2. For those space cougars
3. On God

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Gripweed posted:

WfM is bringing in a lot of new fans, and I'm really hoping that after it ends those fans stick with Gundam, and ask what other Gundam series have lots of good female characters, and thousands of new people who haven't been poisoned by the dumb received wisdom in the western mecha fan community watch Victory and see that it is good.

I've watched some Victory myself, and seen huge groups of new viewers with no preconceptions come to watch it. I've also seen how it's perceived in the Japanese fan community, at least as of 2019.

Victory is bad.

I've also got a bad feeling about Witch, and hope I'm wrong. I'm just feeling kind of how I did when Fire Emblem Fates came out, where there's a new hyper popular installment in a series I like, and the surface is really shiny and cool... but there's a lot of problems a couple layers down, and they seem like they'll rot things throughout.

Ichirō Ōkouchi pretty much always delivers on a stylish opening that gets people talking, but about half the time he crashes and burns after. I guess we'll see.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Terminal autist posted:

Ive been on a gundam kick and just finished IBO which is excellent and wondering what to start next. I know seed is generally pretty disliked but is 00 any good? I remember watching it went it was airing but barely remember anything.

Have you started Witch from Mercury?

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

what are the Good Female Characters gundams? i can think of specific female characters that i like but the way the show they're in treats them/other women always makes me hesitant to say "oh yeah ibo has great female characters" or w/e

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

RevolverDivider posted:

Seed is fine and watchable, Destiny starts off with promise but devolves into trash, 00S1 is fantastic, 00S2 has some cool moments but squanders the uniqueness of S1 horribly and is mostly bad.

Joke's on you, I latched onto Victory and I'm a big dummy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ninjewtsu posted:

which feelings were they?

we can guess one