Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
i love hzd, but i can't for the life of me go back to playing it on a ps4

some games just age out like that i guess. a remaster would probably not be the worst idea, especially if they want the bump from a licensed tv show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Sony listened to the guy wondering why Aloy in Forbidden West had a beard. They are rectifying this continuity error by bumping the detail of the first game so Aloy will have vellus hair throughout.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

They should rip off RDR2’s beard mechanics and just lean into it

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
They should remaster HZD and HFW so the character who had a cool beard at the beginning of FW and then never again has it for all the games

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Nice

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
page 69 top poster check

that top two tho :eyepop:

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
expansive poo poo, unnecessary bragging

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
As cool as Mecha Hunter would be, one of the cool things about MHW is its weapon variety. Even though I did used to main the Bow for a bit in MHW, four people all using the same kind of weapon/playstyle just doesn't feel right. You can have someone raining arrows on the monster, but you also need to have one person determinedly jabbing and poking and wearing them down with a sword and shield, someone else with a heavy weapon repeatedly trying to land their big swing attack on a weak point for 500 damage, and someone else with either a polearm or a ten-foot katana making big flashy sweeping attacks somewhere in the monster's direction. It's, uh, tactical.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

TheDarkFlame posted:

As cool as Mecha Hunter would be, one of the cool things about MHW is its weapon variety. Even though I did used to main the Bow for a bit in MHW, four people all using the same kind of weapon/playstyle just doesn't feel right. You can have someone raining arrows on the monster, but you also need to have one person determinedly jabbing and poking and wearing them down with a sword and shield, someone else with a heavy weapon repeatedly trying to land their big swing attack on a weak point for 500 damage, and someone else with either a polearm or a ten-foot katana making big flashy sweeping attacks somewhere in the monster's direction. It's, uh, tactical.

I think in a theoretical co-op setting they would break up the play styles by character class or tribe. The groundwork is already halfway done for them. Oseram are the big heavy melee dudes, Nora are hunters, Carja are stealthy trapper types, Utaru shoot plants or whatever, etc.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Utaru are support/mage, clearly

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

page 69 top poster check

another list of sickos who should be banned

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Really enjoying Tunic so far! I'm only ending up with an hour free every now and then to play it so I'm really getting mileage out of what I can already tell is a pretty short game. I can't believe that after so many years this game is actually forcing me to learn to block attacks with a shield, ugh.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Escobarbarian posted:

page 69 top poster check

How tf does bp still have the top spot!!! This is like mario kart 64 ai spirites appearing out of thin air!!!!

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice
Mods please fire a blue shell.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

univbee posted:

I replaced HZD recently and it definitely has a little bit of a "jank" feeling compared to more recent games, although definitely not on the same level as The Last of Us PS3. At the same time, it definitely doesn't need a "burn it all down and start over" remake on the same level as TLOU1 did, so hopefully this isn't a $70 ask and/or is available day one via PS+ Premium.

Most of the jank in HZD is in the abysmal loot system that disincentivizes exploration and I doubt a remaster would fix that :colbert:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Escobarbarian posted:

page 69 top poster check

Yikes how embarrassing

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
I demand a recount!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
preparing for the golden run in Deathloop and sweating bullets because four twinked-out Juliannas are going to get a shot at me and statistically at least one of them is good enough to crack me like a wishbone

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

The full sony leak list https://i.imgur.com/J2tnlrG.png

Ocean from kojima is death stranding 2 btw

Two survival horrors and a lot of gas.

No bloodborne lol. Lmao

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Vikar Jerome posted:

Ocean from kojima is death stranding 2 btw

Two survival horrors and a lot of gas.

No bloodborne lol. Lmao

oh sick we are getting the returnal remaster

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Returnity

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Cowman posted:

oh sick we are getting the returnal remaster

No, pc is.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Isn't this like the third time the Returnal PC port has leaked? Lol just announce it already

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
I lost my returnal save with 100% items and audio logs. So I started playing through it again from scratch, pissed off. But the fantastic gameplay melted my heart and now I'm having a blast. Can't wait to buy returnal pc and do it all over again

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
I lost steam in world 3 of Returnal, I should definitely go back and some point and beat it.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/JezCorden/status/1576710057529442306?t=4Wuv-uH_OT-rbMv-_OW0DQ&s=19

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Quantum of Phallus posted:

another list of sickos who should be banned

this is a disaster :negative:

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Vikar Jerome posted:

No bloodborne lol. Lmao

I’m going to joker out

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Feels Villeneuve posted:

This is why the only smart publisher is square enix for pushing out 500 low/mid budget JRPGs this year and abandoning the fail rear end western AAA studios

That may be, but SE has its own issues. The AAA-covid quandry is an industry-wide issue east or west, for example the fucktons of new Chinese, Korean, Saudi money flowing into the market to make up for the 'AAAA' budgets of new AAA games published by outfits like Krafton, or The Initiative who then outsources to Crystal Dynamics et al, or Remedy being hired guns for Smilegate, etc. Many of the assumptions about the industry that were rock solid as of 2019 are now being tested or have reached a breaking point, and the real winner might possibly be the AA games market where diversity of concept and fair labor practices might have a better chance. Like, overall the games market is consolidating in really lovely ways, but micro-studios could end up getting something out of it if they can maintain control over IP rights while still securing funding/publishing.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Escobarbarian posted:

page 69 top poster check

Jesus BP :eyepop:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I need to pump up my numbers. They're rookie numbers.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

*me thinking as hard as possible on what post to make to get on the list* more like horizon zero yawn

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

more like bloodbored!!!

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

Smellden Ring

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

The least of us starring droll and dullie

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

*immediately losing steam* f-final blandtasy VII crisis bore??

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
clod of bore: gagnahschlock

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice
Yakuza: Like a BadDragon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis