Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Sto'vo'core is my new favourite genre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

You know it would be nice if the writers had thought for two seconds and realized there must be multiple starfleet academies.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Do you think he ate that pizza with chopsticks

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

I know he didn't really enjoy it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

From the Romulan perspective the events of "Visionary" are just incredibly bad luck. World-historical fuckery.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Arglebargle III posted:

You know it would be nice if the writers had thought for two seconds and realized there must be multiple starfleet academies.

They talk about annexes on other planets.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/tyranicus/status/1576641779138691077?s=46&t=a_4bmxIHVDuxesT_OHjyEw

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Eimi posted:

I felt Jolene Blalock did a great job and T'pol is one of my fav characters on ENT. She does a great job of portraying a Vulcan who is actually struggling with the whole repression of emotion thing. They even meant to lean into this by revealing that she's the daughter of a Romulan infiltrator. She's a great character. The one at fault for the costuming and camera hugging her body is Rick Berman because he's a sexist homophobic prick.

The Romulan infiltration in enterprise stuff really annoys me. The Vulcans are in a cold war with Andoria, it's perfectly believable that their traditional logic could degrade into some RAND corporation style game theory bullshit in times of crisis. And Vulcans can struggle with their commitment to their philosophy. These can be interesting plot hooks or character studies. But nope, it's the nefarious Romulans because it says in the player's manual that Romulans are nefarious.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Watching Voyager S4 E14 Message in a Bottle and the Doctor brags to the other EMH that he's had sexual relations and the EMH seems to imply that EMH don't have genitals so the Doctor had to create a dick for himself

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I hope Picardo got to punch Dick in the face.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Detective No. 27 posted:

I hope Picardo got to punch Dick in the face.

Dick Miller?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I'd like to see that framed art behind the cutout

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I like the Bat'leth by the door. To take care of sollicitors withOUT honor.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

"Ghay'cha!!! This bat'leth is searing hot from the radiator!!! You gave me the old spicy bat'leth!"

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The one time Harry Kim gets laid and it had to be the one time banging aliens was against Janeway’s direct orders.

Also, what appears to be a very modern looking television in an episode filmed in 1999.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Just realised one of Voyager's minor pleasures is whenever a villain says "Janeway" or "Voyager" with the same sneering intonation as "Hello, Newman..."

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Detective No. 27 posted:

The one time Harry Kim gets laid and it had to be the one time banging aliens was against Janeway’s direct orders.

Also, what appears to be a very modern looking television in an episode filmed in 1999.

flatscreens were starting to be a thing in 1999. expensive as hell but i can definitely see the star trek franchise having a few around for futuristic displays.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Before I read the post, I actually just thought someone took a picture of Voyager on their TV, then I noticed the subtitles were weird and going over the bezel.

Maybe it's just the lens, but that screen looks curved to me?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Tom Paris regained his lieutenant rank less than a season after losing it.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Detective No. 27 posted:

Tom Paris regained his lieutenant rank less than a season after losing it.

yeah but wasn't it part of a plan with janeway to have him infiltrate a group of mutinous crew members and she told him he was always a lieutenant really when he got it back?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Paris got demoted for doing an insubordination on the ocean planet.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Kibayasu posted:

Paris got demoted for doing an insubordination on the ocean planet.

Doing an eco-terrorism

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Ok this is the episode where they revisit the silver blood Voyager, so it wasn’t the real Tom Paris. Maybe the real one is still an ensign.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

davidspackage posted:

I remember this show, Douglas Street 9, a show about a public library facing possible closure, and the employees and detractors fighting to keep it funded.

Oh yeah, it used to be you could gently caress up alt.entertainment.dougstreet9 for a whole week if you just popped in and asked who the ninth person was supposed to be

Eventually they just IP banned anyone who asked The Deplorable Question but for a while it was fun to see everyone take sides on whether it was Norm the barfly, Gary the suspicious tailor, or the library itself, and of course the whole thing became moot when they brought Michael Dorn in as his old character from The Nantucket Guesthouse

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

Payndz posted:

Just realised one of Voyager's minor pleasures is whenever a villain says "Janeway" or "Voyager" with the same sneering intonation as "Hello, Newman..."

great point

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Payndz posted:

Oh yeah, that’s always fun. Doctor Who does the same thing on occasion when the villain will say ‘Time Lord’ with the same tone as one would say ‘bum face’.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Payndz posted:

This alone completely justifies the existence of the Borg Queen. Seeing how viscerally pissed she gets whenever she says "Janeway" is always a blast.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Phy posted:

Oh yeah, it used to be you could gently caress up alt.entertainment.dougstreet9 for a whole week if you just popped in and asked who the ninth person was supposed to be

Eventually they just IP banned anyone who asked The Deplorable Question but for a while it was fun to see everyone take sides on whether it was Norm the barfly, Gary the suspicious tailor, or the library itself, and of course the whole thing became moot when they brought Michael Dorn in as his old character from The Nantucket Guesthouse

Waaaiiit, were you on that? Were you DeweyDizmal or Latefeez? I was FSection until they permabanned me for mentioning how the threat of closure stopped being credible in its seventh year. drat nazi mods.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
https://twitter.com/levarburton/status/1576946593948762112

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

How is Marina less recognizable than Michael.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Love Stewart's "desperately trying to hide the inebriation" slouch :3:

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

His wedding was also why Geordi shows up with a beard in one TNG episode for no reason (The Quality of Life, specifically).

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Bearded Geordi was a Mirror Universe agent

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Arglebargle III posted:

How is Marina less recognizable than Michael.

Because she's not wearing the contacts.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

He probably is inebriated but Stewart looks like serious/curmudgeonly TNG season 1 Picard here.

I also like how Frakes, completely in character, is grabbing some action (or it looks like he is).

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
First Contact should have had a scene where Picard gets plastered with Cochrane after the launch and has to cling to Riker for balance all night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

He probably is inebriated but Stewart looks like serious/curmudgeonly TNG season 1 Picard here.

I also like how Frakes, completely in character, is grabbing some action (or it looks like he is).

he is absolutely grabbing some action from his wife, genie francis