Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH

Captain Invictus posted:

I kinda wish they would do a deluxe or voyager version of that incredibly basic cowboy robot they made for transformers prime or whatever. it's a good design but wasted on an 8 dollar figure with bare bones detail

the worst part about that 8 dollar figure is it was $25 due to an electronic gimmick lol (still bought it for the removable hat)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The core class megatron design is fantastic and I am grateful for the G2 redeco for making me realize that

I think I might have to start seriously collecting these little guys

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Core class is the best size. There's always some tradeoff being made but a lot of the time that just means you get a figure that really emphasises the characterisation strongly.

VERY COOL MAN posted:

the worst part about that 8 dollar figure is it was $25 due to an electronic gimmick lol (still bought it for the removable hat)
It's pretty good by the standards of the Cyberverse line, it just needs a few tweaks and it'd be great. Better (any) feet and more proportionate lower arms and hands would go a long way there.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I love the Junkion tow truck because he’s an original character. When was the last time we got one of those?

Been a lot lately, Besides the above mentioned fossilizers, there were all the Battle Masters from Earthrise and Siege, Combiner Wars gave all the early combiners a new limb (Like Rook or Alpha Bravo), and also Victorion and Mega Empress. All the non-G1 cartoons have added at least 1 or two new characters, Earthspark is adding 2 in Twitch and Thrash.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Strictly speaking a lot of Siege Battle Masters were remakes of old Targetmasters, but Smashdown, Siltherfang and the ramps were new for sure.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Joe Fisto posted:

This enormous hunk of Chinese IP infringement arrived today. Taratnula for scale.

Now that's somebody who should be quoting the Book of Revelation in the most over the top manner possible.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

There's some features on the new Tarn that aren't present in Tarn's robot or vehicle design, which DO match up to elements of the IDW2 Bludgeon design

so we know who he's a pretool of

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

That makes sense, with all the other Pretenders they're doing.

Now give me an Octopunch.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Nodosaur posted:

There's some features on the new Tarn that aren't present in Tarn's robot or vehicle design, which DO match up to elements of the IDW2 Bludgeon design

so we know who he's a pretool of

Here’s hoping they abuse/reuse the mould as much as MMC did! Roller! Thunderclash! Other characters!

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

DoctorWhat posted:

The fossilizers in Kingdom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyfG5v-f88U

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Speaking of reuses, that Junkion car on the LEvo poster sure does remind me of Animated Lockdown, who does have a part stealing habit that meshes well with the part swapping gimmick

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Basically all the modulators were almost entirely new characters with sketchy foundations as g1 playsets, and the weaponizers were incredibly obscure barely-characters, and the fossilizers didn't even have that going for them. It was a pretty great gimmick (although I don't get the impression that modular base-building caught on like Hasbro hoped). It makes a lot of sense to give a Junkion a similar gimmick, and although there's been plenty of transformer tow trucks before (and there are plenty of vehicles that have never been featured in the franchise) he has a cool unique design.

Neat that they're doing a Hotshot with good articulation, I guess. Needlenose seems very unexciting.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

SlothfulCobra posted:

Needlenose seems very unexciting.

The robot mode is alright, but that altmode (“robot lays on his tummy and does a yoga pose”) is lazy. Regular TF jet problems though.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
Doesn't needlenose combine with another jet or am I thinking of someone else with the same colors? It's got the nose that moves up and out of the way like it plugs into something

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Vaporware posted:

Doesn't needlenose combine with another jet or am I thinking of someone else with the same colors? It's got the nose that moves up and out of the way like it plugs into something

You're thinking of Dreadwind and Darkwing.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I'm excited for an Armada Hot Shot that isn't terrible. I actually had the Generations version from a few years ago and eventually sold it because it was surprisingly disappointing.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Needlenose's transformation looks extremely dull. Hot Shot looks cute enough but I don't like the leg proportions very much, the knees seem a little too low and the thighs too long.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

After Crankcase comes out which Scavenger(s) are we missing?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

After Crankcase comes out which Scavenger(s) are we missing?

Fulcrum (very unlikely), and Nickel (same, but never say never).

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The Scavengers super suck.

Anyway, that old Armada Optimus from the Japanese toy show can't be what's coming out, on account that was a non-transforming statue that was made as a proof of concept.

Whatever the Armada OP on the poster is, it won't be that mold.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I hope they just call him Big Bendy Prime

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

The_Doctor posted:

I was under the impression that she was supposed to be one of the mini-cons from 2015 RiD that turned into like a hockey puck. They were basically doing Bakugan then.

Fulcrum would be easy to engineer if they wanted, but that's an altmode that would be hard to put on toy shelves. Too grim.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I figure they'll put Fulcrum's head on a figure at some point, maybe with a new alt node.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

SlothfulCobra posted:

I was under the impression that she was supposed to be one of the mini-cons from 2015 RiD that turned into like a hockey puck. They were basically doing Bakugan then.

Fulcrum would be easy to engineer if they wanted, but that's an altmode that would be hard to put on toy shelves. Too grim.

Nickel turns into a wheeled cart thing.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

BizarroAzrael posted:

I figure they'll put Fulcrum's head on a figure at some point, maybe with a new alt node.

Yeah just say its whatever he was before he got promoted to K class.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Could always just label his bomb alt-mode as a "submarine" or "spaceship" like they've done with Shockwave in recent years

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

BizarroAzrael posted:

He can be a plane, retool of Needlenose or something.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Are there any good Megatrons that scale well with MP-01 Prime?

Emphasis on 'good'

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Burkion posted:

Emphasis on 'good'

I think the closest you'll get is the Wei Jiang Megatron from some years back.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

drrockso20 posted:

Could always just label his bomb alt-mode as a "submarine" or "spaceship" like they've done with Shockwave in recent years

Maybe they could revisit the protoform comet mode from the first movie?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Burkion posted:

Emphasis on 'good'

i think the GI Joe megatron that TFC Toys made is probably MP-01 Fuckhuge with the armor added on.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

DoctorWhat posted:

i think the GI Joe megatron that TFC Toys made is probably MP-01 Fuckhuge with the armor added on.

It's only about a head taller than MP-36 with all that armor attached. It would still be dwarfed by MP-01 in both height and bulk.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

huh! that's so hosed. MP-01 is so dumb. What a huge guy. In some ways he feels bigger than Unicron. I feel the same way about Hasbro Titan figures. Haslab 'Cron is obviously massive, but his sheer presence and presentation make him not feel oversized the way that say, Ark does.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

The_Doctor posted:

Fulcrum's alt mode was made in the RID2015 line so we might yet see it.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

DoctorWhat posted:

huh! that's so hosed. MP-01 is so dumb. What a huge guy. In some ways he feels bigger than Unicron. I feel the same way about Hasbro Titan figures. Haslab 'Cron is obviously massive, but his sheer presence and presentation make him not feel oversized the way that say, Ark does.

It's kind of funny

As a now very proud parent of my big metal boy, the design is shockingly...compact. This is, of course, relative to the shelf he lives on of other big boys- he's a head taller than my RAH UltraSeven, but Unicron is still a head taller than him in turn. And he's just, so well designed, once you get used to his whole look, his back is so nice and svelte, everything has this nice proportion looking at him. He does not LOOK bulky or even that large. Especially side by side with Armada Unicron, who is this sprawling titan with spheres hanging off of him and skeleton wings and horns and spikes about twice as wide and as mentioned a head taller

And then you try to pick the fuckers up and realize holy poo poo MP-01 is *dense*. You forget about it. You really do. I swear, without taking a scale out, he weighs more than Unicron. Unicron for all his size and bluster is but mere hollow plastic and wires. MP-01 is solid metal, all folded in and ready to bludgeon anyone who gets too close. He is genuinely surprising to handle after leaving him alone for a few days.

Transforming him is strangely intuitive though. I managed it without instructions until it came to his legs. You just have to fiddle and mess around and unfold and play with the thing to get it to go. His sheer mass makes the whole thing very unique- because he's not this unwieldy thing, he's not as much a pain in the rear end to fuss with. He's just got a lot of chunks that swing in and out, and his hands are probably the most clever way to handle Optimus Prime hands I've ever seen and I have no idea why no one other toys have done them.

I'm still not sure if he or the Thunder Megazord is heavier.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

The reason no other hands work like MP-01 is that telescoping joints are a pain in the rear end. They devour partscount, they're unreliable, they can't bear weight as well as other options, and they limit your ability to utilize the empty cavities that result. That's why Hasbro doesn't use them for practically anything anymore.

EDIT: which unicron are you talking about, HasLab or Armada? MP-01 does not compete with HasLab for actual weight. HasLab is a workout.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

DoctorWhat posted:

The reason no other hands work like MP-01 is that telescoping joints are a pain in the rear end. They devour partscount, they're unreliable, they can't bear weight as well as other options, and they limit your ability to utilize the empty cavities that result. That's why Hasbro doesn't use them for practically anything anymore.

EDIT: which unicron are you talking about, HasLab or Armada? MP-01 does not compete with HasLab for actual weight. HasLab is a workout.

I mentioned it was Armada.

I don't even know where I'd begin to get a HasLab Unicron for anything less than my kidneys. I'm perfectly happy with my glowing hand of doom buddy

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Arquinsiel posted:

Fulcrum's alt mode was made in the RID2015 line so we might yet see it.

Wanna throw up a pic or something so we know what you’re referring to?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I don't understand what the appeal of Fulcrum is. He's not a niche that hasn't been explored like Rung. He's not so edgy it hurts like Tarn. Fulcrum's entire existence seems to be for the sake of someone for the Scavengers to explain who they are to and then he spends the rest of his screen time being Misfire's extremely boring foil.

The_Doctor posted:

Wanna throw up a pic or something so we know what you’re referring to?

There are three classes of Mini-Cons in RID15: Discs, Torpedos, and Cyclones. The torpedos are...just that. Non-exploding deployers that shoot off of a larger Transformer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Nodosaur posted:

The Scavengers super suck.

Anyway, that old Armada Optimus from the Japanese toy show can't be what's coming out, on account that was a non-transforming statue that was made as a proof of concept.

Whatever the Armada OP on the poster is, it won't be that mold.
Are you sure? It certainly looks like it's got all the expected joints and gaps, seems weird they'd model those on a statue. And they share that weird zig-zag grill that as far as I know no other art of Armada Prime has ever had.