Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

WhiteHowler posted:

Stable Diffusion can't draw a starship Enterprise (no bloody A, B, C, or D -- but those either).

I've tried several keywords (starship, Enterprise, NCC-1701, Star Trek, etc.). This is the closest it's gotten in about 30 tries with varying CFG values:

There should be plenty of source images on the Internet, so that's rather weird -- especially since SD can passably draw any given Star Trek character you ask for.

But no Enterprise. Truly a massive gap in the AI's modeling.
Are you including Star Trek in the prompt for the Enterprise?

Can it do the Excelsior?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Nessus posted:

Are you including Star Trek in the prompt for the Enterprise?

Yes.

quote:

Can it do the Excelsior?

No.

It tends to struggle with famous spaceships:

Battlestar Galactica:

The Nostromo (really not too bad):

Millennium Falcon:

Jupiter 2:

Mega-Maid from Spaceballs (very incorrect, but I'm impressed by what it did here):

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

I've gotten some star destroyers out of SD before, not amazing but enough that SD clearly gets it.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

WhiteHowler posted:

Stable Diffusion can't draw a starship Enterprise (no bloody A, B, C, or D -- but those either).

I've tried several keywords (starship, Enterprise, NCC-1701, Star Trek, etc.). This is the closest it's gotten in about 30 tries with varying CFG values:

There should be plenty of source images on the Internet, so that's rather weird -- especially since SD can passably draw any given Star Trek character you ask for.

But no Enterprise. Truly a massive gap in the AI's modeling.

It's actually pretty poor at handling older tv shows. It needs the data to be labelled too. I think somebody needs to make a fine tune model for star trek and 90s sci-fi in general.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Also, re: Enterprise, got a couple of good/goofy results:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

FFT posted:

Also, re: Enterprise, got a couple of good/goofy results:

those are some sick rear end scifi novel covers.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
'a cute fuzzy chubby Chumbawombat frolicking in a beautiful sun-drenched meadow, intricate, hypermaximalist, elegant, super detailed --testp'

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

LifeSunDeath posted:

those are some sick rear end scifi novel covers.
"watercolor by Winslow Homer, in the style of Patrick Nagel"

also I threw "cyberpunk" in there somewhere

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

FFT posted:

"watercolor by Winslow Homer, in the style of Patrick Nagel"

also I threw "cyberpunk" in there somewhere

Thanks!

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

DALLE is at least still good for the hilarious jumbled text titles. "Seal My Dood" was not even in the prompt but lol

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

What was the prompt for the children's book cover? That's exactly what I'm looking for

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Hadlock posted:

What was the prompt for the children's book cover? That's exactly what I'm looking for

"storybook cover about a baby seal disguised as a loaf of bread that only eats Doritos and drinks mountain dew in a magical forest of smiling happy rat families"

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Mercury_Storm posted:

"storybook cover about a baby seal disguised as a loaf of bread that only eats Doritos and drinks mountain dew in a magical forest of smiling happy rat families"

I tried your prompt in Stable Diffusion:

#3 is the closest. It kind of gives up at the "magical forest of smiling rat families" part every time.

Edit: Oh, I bet I know why I didn't get many titles. I'd still had a negative prompt of "album" in the settings, because earlier I'd been generating something that kept trying to give me album cover art.

WhiteHowler fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Oct 4, 2022

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

Mercury_Storm posted:

DALLE is at least still good for the hilarious jumbled text titles. "Seal My Dood" was not even in the prompt but lol

The Doots made me think of this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJDNkVDGM_s

Jean-Luc Picard is verry disappointed in Wesley for drawing on the walls in crayon

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007

I don't remember my prompts. I know I tried adding (photo realistic) for emphasis but it doesn't seem to do that reliably for scifi stuff I've been trying

e: another interesting result. prompt was something like "cafe at the end of time, photograph, high contrast"

Winkle-Daddy fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Oct 4, 2022

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

WhiteHowler posted:

I tried your prompt in Stable Diffusion:

#3 is the closest. It kind of gives up at the "magical forest of smiling rat families" part every time.

Edit: Oh, I bet I know why I didn't get many titles. I'd still had a negative prompt of "album" in the settings, because earlier I'd been generating something that kept trying to give me album cover art.

Best I was able to get with Stable Diffusion too:

children's storybook cover about a sentient homicidal murder hamburger

painted children's storybook cover about a very cute but bloodthirsty evil bloody chicken that eats human flesh, highly detailed, 8k, Jim Davis, Garfield, H.R. Giger, Lovecraft

dystopian, lovecraftian children's storybook cover about an cute evil demon kitty cat that puts razor blades and fentanyl in Halloween candy

children's storybook cover about a trump supporter that inadvertently ends up worshipping THE DEVIL and summoning the dark dimension version of Comet Ping Pong Pizza that actually has a torture basement

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Oct 4, 2022

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

mobby_6kl posted:

DALL-E I think can insert an object wherever you want to.

There's a new addon for Automatic that lets you write in prompts for inpainting. The example is a man in a business suit, and you tell it to replace the suit with power armor, and it sorts the details itself.

Basically, fully automated luxury Photoshop Phriday.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Mercury_Storm posted:

Best I was able to get with Stable Diffusion too:

SD will do Dr. Seuss books? This. Changes. Everything

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Squatch Ambassador posted:

Skeletons throwing a surprise birthday party for Dracula in the style of a polaroid photo

Fired up that same quote in widescreen resolution to see how it'd look. No Dracula, but some drat fine skeletons. Happy October everyone!

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Is there a command-line thing for negative prompts in Stable Diffusion or do I need to get Automatic1111 for that?

I rather like having pure command line prompt setups

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

FFT posted:

Patrick Nagel

oh gently caress yeah I love that dude's art.

KwegiboHB
Feb 2, 2004

nonconformist art brut
Negative prompt: amenable, compliant, docile, law-abiding, lawful, legal, legitimate, obedient, orderly, submissive, tractable
Steps: 32, Sampler: DPM++ 2M Karras, CFG scale: 11, Seed: 520244594, Size: 512x512, Model hash: 99fd5c4b6f, Model: seekArtMEGA_mega20

Yggdrasil, World Tree,
Twisted, Ancient, Unending,
Gnarled Root Of All Roots.

Cosmic Yggdrasil,
Encompassing The Nine Realms,
Meeting Place Of Gods.

Yggdrasil Shaken,
Destined Twilight Ends An Age,
Ragnarok Has Come.

Yggdrasil Sapling,
Creation Falls On Loam Beds,
Spring Blooms Eternal.

https://imgur.com/a/afmIMsj Album with seed info.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

pretty sure you are pointlessly using way too many steps. I don't think you'll gain anything by doing that.

KwegiboHB
Feb 2, 2004

nonconformist art brut
Negative prompt: amenable, compliant, docile, law-abiding, lawful, legal, legitimate, obedient, orderly, submissive, tractable
Steps: 32, Sampler: DPM++ 2M Karras, CFG scale: 11, Seed: 520244594, Size: 512x512, Model hash: 99fd5c4b6f, Model: seekArtMEGA_mega20
I'm experimenting, I know euler_a can spit out an alright image at 32 steps but there's a lot of variance, details, and sometimes entire new images when you just let it go.
Here's two from above at 500, same seed.

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007
cabin in fresh snowfall during a winter sunset, thomas kinkade, Zdzisław Beksiński

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

FunkyAl posted:

Usually a procedure this complex produces better art.

Like what?

I can't think of a single other method to create "art" that doesn't have "insert one human brain" as a major step.

My degree and publication record on one very, veryyyy small part of human psychology tells me that no matter how complex this gets it's absolutely nothing compared to the human brain.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

BrainDance posted:

Like what?

I can't think of a single other method to create "art" that doesn't have "insert one human brain" as a major step.

My degree and publication record on one very, veryyyy small part of human psychology tells me that no matter how complex this gets it's absolutely nothing compared to the human brain.

I’m like 80% sure this poster is using a text AI to at least start their posts. I took the bait earlier and immediately regretted it.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

madmatt112 posted:

I’m like 80% sure this poster is using a text AI to at least start their posts. I took the bait earlier and immediately regretted it.

Casually scrolls back through their post history until sep 12:

BrainDance posted:

I was talking with my wife about AI and kinda nerded out about the potential and she was like "well, can an AI write my daily report for me? Cuz this is a pain in the rear end"

Obviously this isn't a serious thing and we're not actually gonna start having an AI do her job, but I thought "if it works like SD but just, for text, might actually work"

So I gonna write a python script that just chops up chat logs into hour blocks and see if I can pass each block to an AI, tell the AI to summarize it, then stitch it back together into a timestamped daily report. But I don't know if text AI stuff even works like that.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?
I just got SD running locally, here are some of my first attempts

Prompt: + computer nightmare, creepypasta

This one isn't very spooky, but I think it looks cool

Prompt: Voynich manuscript illustrations in the style of Dr. Seuss

Same prompt, inpaint masking on bottom of page

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Hadlock posted:

Madmatt is not referring to Braindance. They're referring to FunkyAl.

Dia de Pikachutos
Nov 8, 2012

They really need to call the next AI picture thing "Greg" IMO

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Mindblast posted:

Madmatt is not referring to Braindance. They're referring to FunkyAl.

I hope I don't sound like an AI, I thought I sound like a cool dude

Edit: cuz I am a cool dude

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

BrainDance posted:

I hope I don't sound like an AI, I thought I sound like a cool dude

Edit: cuz I am a cool dude

:thunk:
exactly what an AI would say

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Rutibex posted:

exactly what an AI would say

prompt: braindance trying to pretend he's not an AI

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

WhiteHowler posted:

Mega-Maid from Spaceballs (very incorrect, but I'm impressed by what it did here):

This was also too obscure for MJ but I did get an incredible crossover

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Hadlock posted:

:captainpop:

Mindless
Dec 7, 2001

WANTED: INFO on Mindless. Anything! Everything! Send to
Pillbug

WhiteHowler posted:

Steven Tyler is Jane Fonda in Barbarella 2: Dream On

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Mindless posted:

Steven Tyler is Jane Fonda in Barbarella 2: Dream On

I was thinking it cast Joan Rivers as Princess Vespa, which made me laugh.