Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Did you watch the Stardom show?

No it's Saturday.

There was a PPV last week? Did you watch that?

Actually there were two PPVs last week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Edward Mass posted:

Apparently, he's very over with the crowd. He does stomps where the crowd spells out 'Chase U'.

Everyone in NXT is over with that crowd

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
britt baker derangement syndrome has escaped the forums and now bryan is dealing with it on a weekly basis on these thursday WOLs

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

algebra testes posted:

Did you watch the Stardom show?

No it's Saturday.

There was a PPV last week? Did you watch that?

Actually there were two PPVs last week.

Did you watch them?

nnnNo

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

sleep with the vicious posted:

Did you watch them?

nnnNo

Hahaha

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
I imagine Dave pulled a Vince and tore up whatever plans they had for WOR tonight with Garrett. Gonna be a must listen to tonight.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Stall_19 posted:

I imagine Dave pulled a Vince and tore up whatever plans they had for WOR tonight with Garrett. Gonna be a must listen to tonight.

always gotta be the cryptic posts to learn about stuff

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Props to new deadlock for opening with an ad, then 20 seconds of giggling, then two more ads

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

Props to new deadlock for opening with an ad, then 20 seconds of giggling, then two more ads

its not up on my feed :((((

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I hopped on the patreon to

1) Support the boys
2) Say gently caress you to ads

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I really should get on the patreon for deadlock and some other content creators but i havent yet because im lazy and terrible i guess.

Plus I'd have to come up with some long involved patreon name to annoy the boys

E: i just love that all yhe ads on Bluewire are for like fancy golf whiskey and specifically the professional hiring side of Indeed and stuff. I'm apparently way outside the target market for Deadlock

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I'm gonna get the heat on you...gonna work the balls

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

From today's WOR: Bruno Sammartino thought Muhammad Ali was "disrespectful". :yikes:

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

blast0rama posted:

From today's WOR: Bruno Sammartino thought Muhammad Ali was "disrespectful". :yikes:

I am shocked than an Italian man from the old days in the wrestling business might have been a bit racist

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Don't actually know the context for theat quote I just fearlessly libel the dead because I ain't afraid of no ghost and busting makes me feel good

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Ali was pretty dismissive of pro wrestling and Inoki in promoting the match so if it's related to that I'm sure a lot of wrestlers involved thought he was disrespectful.

And I'm sure a lot of wrestlers thought that for racist reasons too.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

BIG DAVE gave the impression that Ali was pretty up for it in the run up but then Inoki switched it up and decided to try & fight him for real. Also Ali considered Gorgeous George a big influence. My source: things I have read on the internet

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Trying posted:

BIG DAVE gave the impression that Ali was pretty up for it in the run up but then Inoki switched it up and decided to try & fight him for real. Also Ali considered Gorgeous George a big influence. My source: things I have read on the internet

Dave's previous recaps made it seem like Ali was not that into the promo work and knew basically nothing about Inoki when he was calling him The Pelican.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Deadlock review starts at 47:30, for those that observe such traditions

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
the image of james stepping out of a time machine in front of his 12 year old self and just going "smokes, lets go" is amazing

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

the image of james stepping out of a time machine in front of his 12 year old self and just going "smokes, lets go" is amazing

"sorry everybody, I got shot. anyway I'm ready for my Bret Hart vs Chris Harris IRC match"

doos
Jan 1, 2015

The boys are getting increasingly unhinged. Running a wrestling promotion does something to you.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
lmao JR's brisket cough while dan severn may never walk again

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I loved all the efed talk this week. Made me think of olden days.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Efeds are cool, but I knew dudes that did e-twisted metal matches. That is way cooler

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Efeds are cool, but I knew dudes that did e-twisted metal matches. That is way cooler

neither are as cool as dragon ball z fights in AOL chat rooms with the dice bots

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
YO!
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1576785874876092417
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1576046085080027136

ToiletofSadness
Mar 27, 2010

doos posted:

The boys are getting increasingly unhinged.
I very much sympathize with Jawnny's Undertaker Derangement Syndrome. I always thought he was the loving worst and the only redeeming part of him was that awesome theme music from WWF The Music Vol 3.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i cant believe none of those yahoos mentioned that tony k made the sleeze list

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

neither are as cool as dragon ball z fights in AOL chat rooms with the dice bots

drat that takes me back. You're right though.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

cancelled my f4w subscription today since bryan alvarez decided to get political and thinks it's acceptable to call people he disagrees with nazis

[THIS POST IS A JOKE]

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

when Bryan starts to wrap it up but you see 10 mins left in the ep 😈😈😈

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Both Dave and Bryan not getting why the Washington crowd boo'ed Max Castor when he mentioned the Commanders was peak them not getting modern sports cause if you follow even a little bit of the NFL it's very easy to see why local fans would hate the team

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Both Dave and Bryan not getting why the Washington crowd boo'ed Max Castor when he mentioned the Commanders was peak them not getting modern sports cause if you follow even a little bit of the NFL it's very easy to see why local fans would hate the team

Is it because they changed the name?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

1glitch0 posted:

Is it because they changed the name?

I don't doubt some racists are pissed of they changed the name, but no...That's not the main reason. It's everyone hates the owner and Dan Snyder is past the Harold Ballard/Bill Wirtz level of horrible owner and is on the Donald Sterling level completely with being off shore so he can't be called to testify to congress. It's so bad that the NFL is thinking of forcing him to sell (They probably won't but the fact they're thinking about it tells you how much he's hated)

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
also they're really really bad at football and have little hope of getting better anytime soon

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

They probably will never be good until either Snyder sells/is in Jail/or is dead

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I don't doubt some racists are pissed of they changed the name, but no...That's not the main reason. It's everyone hates the owner and Dan Snyder is past the Harold Ballard/Bill Wirtz level of horrible owner and is on the Donald Sterling level completely with being off shore so he can't be called to testify to congress. It's so bad that the NFL is thinking of forcing him to sell (They probably won't but the fact they're thinking about it tells you how much he's hated)

And it's currently involved in stadium drama people hate.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

And it's currently involved in stadium drama people hate.

The usual "Owner threatens to move team to a different city if he doesn't get a new 3-billion-dollar-stadium for free and additional billion-dollar tax breaks" or something different?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Germansimp posted:

The usual "Owner threatens to move team to a different city if he doesn't get a new 3-billion-dollar-stadium for free and additional billion-dollar tax breaks" or something different?

The current stadium is a shithole and the fans want a new one, but the team is bungling any moves towards a new one. They bought land in Virginia for it, but the community there doesn't want them and lawmakers don't want to work with Snyder so right now there's no plans in place to replace the stadium currently famous for dousing fans in raw sewage.