Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Just Dan Again
Dec 16, 2012

Adventure!
Maybe this is a silly question, but is there anywhere actually good to watch Gundam series these days? It's seems like they're on very few streaming services, the YouTube releases come and go pretty rapidly, and the DVDs are often difficult to come by.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Crunchyroll:
ZZ
G
Wing
Seed
Seed Destiny
Iron Blooded Orphans
Build Fighters
Build Divers
The Witch from Mercury

Funimation:
Zeta (This will eventually be migrated to Crunchyroll)

Hulu:
Wing
Seed
08th MS Team
The Origin
Iron Blooded Orphans

Netflix:
0079 movie trilogy
Char's Counterattack
Unicorn
Hathaway
Iron Blooded Orphans

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Just Dan Again posted:

Maybe this is a silly question, but is there anywhere actually good to watch Gundam series these days? It's seems like they're on very few streaming services, the YouTube releases come and go pretty rapidly, and the DVDs are often difficult to come by.

Rightstuf has everything on disc if that's acceptable.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Just Dan Again posted:

Crunchyroll has a lot right now, if you don't have any issue with them. They've got the original, ZZ, Char's Counterattack, G, Wing, SEED, SEED Destiny, 00, all four Build shows, Iron Blooded Orphans, and the TV edits of Unicorn and The Origin, in addition to Witch. (Also, they have a couple SD shows, but they're terrible.)

The other OVAs, Thunderbolt, X, Turn A, AGE, G-Reco, and the other movies, well, you'll need the DVDs or an alternate source to find them if they're not in rotation on the youtube channel.

Just Dan Again
Dec 16, 2012

Adventure!
I checked Crunchyroll before posting, but I guess I expected more to be under "Gundam" than under their specific series titles. A dumb question indeed, but the responses were helpful and hopefully will be helpful to others as well!

Edit: Being a non-idiot and looking for "Mobile Suit Gundam" turns a lot of this up with ease!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

chiasaur11 posted:

Crunchyroll has a lot right now, if you don't have any issue with them. They've got the original, ZZ, Char's Counterattack, G, Wing, SEED, SEED Destiny, 00, all four Build shows, Iron Blooded Orphans, and the TV edits of Unicorn and The Origin, in addition to Witch. (Also, they have a couple SD shows, but they're terrible.)

The other OVAs, Thunderbolt, X, Turn A, AGE, G-Reco, and the other movies, well, you'll need the DVDs or an alternate source to find them if they're not in rotation on the youtube channel.

It's weird that they are missing Zeta.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Like I said, it should eventually be moving over from Funimation

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

I wasn't planning on buying anything from the new Gundam yet but I was in store today and they had one left so I thought why the hell not.

A fairly modest amount of stickers for a series HG so I have high hopes for it already.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

oh gently caress

is there a date this is going on order

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Midjack posted:

Got it!

Lawrence Gilchrist, you're up! The prize pool:

HG R-Jarja Rabbi Tupac
HG Reversible Gundam Just Dan Again
HG GBN-Guard Frame
SD Kurenai Musha Red Warrior Amazing
Koto Frame Arms Girl Materia Normal Ver
Koto Frame Arms Girl Materia White Ver
Bandai 1/100 Eva Mark.06 (number 06 in this line)
Bandai 1/100 Eva Unit 01 (number 04 in this line)
Bandai Omegamon
Koto 1/60 Arbalest
Koto 1/144 Muv-Luv Total Eclipse F-15E Strike Eagle
Koto non scale Muv-Luv Alternative Shiranui Storm Vanguard/Strike Vanguard Specification
Koto non scale Muv-Luv Total Eclipse Takemikaduchi Type 00F Takamura Yuki Deluxe Electrophotonic
HG Hambrabi Star Man
HG Nu-Zeon Gundam (from ReRise)
Wave 1/24 Tachikoma 2045 Ver (Ghost in the Shell)
HG Super Fumina Titans Maid
Bandai 1/100 VF-25 Ranka marking
Bandai 1/100 VF-25 Sheryl marking

Also remember to PM me your shipping addresses. Also note that I will be working at a field site again for much of next week but I will catch up when I return.

Thanks Midjack! I've used the app for so long I forgot there was a web version, I have PM access now. I would like the Arbalest, please.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

I've put together the Gundam Aerial now and it's pretty good.

The color separation is well above par for a series HG. There's a few areas on the backside missing some color but the front side is all there. The main stickers are a few on the funnel shield and the fancy back printed stickers that go behind smoke colored clear plastic for the mystery glowing circuit effect. Speaking of which, the kit also includes blank black stickers to have the effect off. Similarly, stickers are included for red eye sensors instead of the default green. The slightly infuriating thing though is, for presumably series spoilers reasons, there's absolutely no information what the awakened mode is or what stickers mean what. Unfortunately the back printed sticker effect doesn't look nearly as good in person as it does in the marketing materials and is vastly overshadowed by the gorgeous pre-painted/printed panels included for the chest area.

The articulation is mostly good though for better or worse it doesn't use polycaps. In particular the torso is quite rigid, having just one giant swivel pivot where it meets the hips and a ball joint inside the chest area which allows for a teensy bit of back and forth. The ankles are also a bit convoluted and don't have any swivel.Other than that it's mostly standard HG style joints.

Being your standard first wave series HG, the accessories are pretty bare. While a lot of work has gone into the funnel shield, the rifle is just a 2 piece sandwich. I would have liked to seen a display stand for the shield funnels, similar to HG Dynames but no such luck. There's no extra hands either as they'll probably come in the inevitable accessory pack.

So in conclusion, pretty good but nothing particularly groundbreaking.

RillAkBea fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Oct 1, 2022

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

RillAkBea posted:

I've put together the Gundam Aerial now and it's pretty good.

The color separation is well above par for a series HG. There's a few areas on the backside missing some color but the front side is all there. The main stickers are a few on the funnel shield and the fancy back printed stickers that go behind smoke colored clear plastic for the mystery glowing circuit effect. Speaking of which, the kit also includes blank black stickers to have the effect off. Similarly, stickers are included for red eye sensors instead of the default green. The slightly infuriating thing though is, for presumably series spoilers reasons, there's absolutely no information what the awakened mode is or what stickers mean what. Unfortunately the back printed sticker effect doesn't look nearly as good in person as it does in the marketing materials and is vastly overshadowed by the gorgeous pre-painted/printed panels included for the chest area.

The articulation is mostly good though for better or worse it doesn't use polycaps. In particular the torso is quite rigid, having just one giant swivel pivot where it meets the hips and a ball joint inside the chest area which allows for a teensy bit of back and forth. The ankles are also a bit convoluted and don't have any swivel.Other than that it's mostly standard HG style joints.

Being your standard first wave series HG, the accessories are pretty bare. While a lot of work has gone into the funnel shield, the rifle is just a 2 piece sandwich. I would have liked to seen a display stand for the shield funnels, similar to HG Dynames but no such luck. There's no extra hands either as they'll probably come in the inevitable accessory pack.

Oh the Aerial does not give any info on the series it's part of?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

RillAkBea posted:

There's a stand pack coming specifically for posing all the Bits alongside the Gundam. It's probably so you can also use it for the Lfrifth and inevitable successor to the Aerial Gundam. (Or any others that pop up with a similar system)

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

MonsterEnvy posted:

Oh the Aerial does not give any info on the series it's part of?

There's a brief introduction for the main character but apart from that it's very sparse.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

There's a stand pack coming specifically for posing all the Bits alongside the Gundam. It's probably so you can also use it for the Lfrifth and inevitable successor to the Aerial Gundam. (Or any others that pop up with a similar system)

Ah but of course, I should have guessed really. :argh:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

Thanks Midjack! I've used the app for so long I forgot there was a web version, I have PM access now. I would like the Arbalest, please.

Got it! Justin_Brett, you're up!

HG R-Jarja Rabbi Tupac
HG GBN-Guard Frame
Bandai Omegamon
Koto 1/60 Arbalest Lawrence Gilchrist
Koto non scale Muv-Luv Alternative Shiranui Storm Vanguard/Strike Vanguard Specification
Koto non scale Muv-Luv Total Eclipse Takemikaduchi Type 00F Takamura Yuki Deluxe Electrophotonic
HG Hambrabi Star Man

Also remember to PM me your shipping addresses.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I thought about the Gundam stuff left, but I think I'll grab the non-scale Shiranui. We may have to work something out on shipping, though, since I'm up in Canada.

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Midjack posted:

Got it! Justin_Brett, you're up!

HG R-Jarja Rabbi Tupac
HG GBN-Guard Frame
Bandai Omegamon
Koto 1/60 Arbalest Lawrence Gilchrist
HG Hambrabi Star Man

Also remember to PM me your shipping addresses.

I sent you an email but got an error about a failure to deliver or something Midjack

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Rabbi Tupac posted:

I sent you an email but got an error about a failure to deliver or something Midjack

Welp, guess the goatse email guy pulled the plug sometime while I wasn't paying attention. Send it to me at serviceprovider@bsdiality.net

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
So is the sub-flight system for G-Witch the first time a non-UC sub-flight system has gotten a kit? Or is there a SEED one somewhere?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

wdarkk posted:

So is the sub-flight system for G-Witch the first time a non-UC sub-flight system has gotten a kit? Or is there a SEED one somewhere?

They did a bunch for Build.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Gripweed posted:

They did a bunch for Build.

Weren't those backpacks rather than a true separate model?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

wdarkk posted:

Weren't those backpacks rather than a true separate model?

They were sold separately in their own boxes and weren't included with the kit of the MS

https://www.hlj.com/1-144-scale-hgbc-build-custom-build-booster-ban984470
https://www.hlj.com/1-144-scale-hgbc-003-build-booster-mk-ii-ban985153
https://www.hlj.com/1-144-scale-hgbc-dark-matter-booster-ban986525
https://www.hlj.com/1-144-scale-hgbc-tiltrotor-pack-bann25747
https://www.hlj.com/1-144-scale-hgbc-valuable-pod-ban989514

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

30MS moving up to the big leagues. 30 Minute Horses

https://twitter.com/30msisters/status/1576716219197321216?s=20&t=iBBrVgwIhaWktX9R5QwX0g

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

wdarkk posted:

Depends on how you define sub-flight system. IBO and G-Reco had external flight packs sold separately, as well as 00 and IBO have full on armored transport units sold as kits.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

chiasaur11 posted:

Depends on how you define sub-flight system. IBO and G-Reco had external flight packs sold separately, as well as 00 and IBO have full on armored transport units sold as kits.

Ah right, I forgot about the container from 00.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

You should be more specific, I was expecting a mecha horse and left disappointed. :colbert:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You should be more specific, I was expecting a mecha horse and left disappointed. :colbert:

You'll have to wait for 30MM Fuunsaiki

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Gotta wait for a Bourbon kit if you're after mecha

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Anyone got any opinions on the RG Wing vs. the RG Wing Zero? This is mostly because I really want the Tallgeese but don't want it to be alone

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Get all the Large Gooses

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
RG Wing is newer and super duper cool. Haven't built the Wing Zero.

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Is it more important your Wing turns into a bird or has angel wings?

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

It's still the wrong wing zero.

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

DoubleDonut posted:

Anyone got any opinions on the RG Wing vs. the RG Wing Zero? This is mostly because I really want the Tallgeese but don't want it to be alone

rg wing is both the better/newer kit and the correct one to pair with tallgeese from a canon perspective. it's fantastic!

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Speaking of pairing things, I’m thinking ahead to Christmas, and I think I might ask for the MG EW Wing Zero Ver. Ka (Someone said I should specify Ver ka) and also the MG Epyon. Anything special to mention or ask for with the Epyon?

Grabbed the Barbataurus from Target. I think it’ll contrast with the Livelance Heaven nicely.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Dr Christmas posted:

Speaking of pairing things, I’m thinking ahead to Christmas, and I think I might ask for the MG EW Wing Zero Ver. Ka (Someone said I should specify Ver ka) and also the MG Epyon. Anything special to mention or ask for with the Epyon?

Grabbed the Barbataurus from Target. I think it’ll contrast with the Livelance Heaven nicely.

Nah, there's only one MG Epyon. The thing with Wing Zero is the regular EW Wing Zero is just about old enough to have children (2004) while the Ver. Ka is a very recent model (2020) so the "Ver. Ka" part is quite important.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

All WfM kits are sold out. Luckily, there is another option still available.

https://twitter.com/kunothisu/status/1577224252914249728?s=20&t=C-yRsJHu10Et-5PiApF7gg

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Need a good Gunpla? Why not Guntank?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
When the Witch from Mercury kits are sold out, HGUC Guntank mans the shelves instead. "Leave it to me!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Waiting for mine to arrive at the warehouse to ship out.