Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Idly, which books that the Limbus Company crew are based on have you (as in, the thread in general), read? Did you read them purely to prepare for Limbus, or before they were announced on your own time/for an English class? Has reading the book affected how interested you are in that Sinner in particular?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
I understand a great deal of Dante's Inferno, as it had such a huge impact on things like D&D and I read the Metamorphosis, which was deeply unnerving. Big fan of the Odyssey, even if reading the classical version is hard as balls. Watched a video discussing the Don. Probably need to look up the rest.

GunJag
Aug 5, 2016
Just got really lucky beating Red Mist as well- my plan was to use a B-team with Yesod's floor to trigger Phase 2, then let the A-team with Binah clean up, but after the mass attack turn she staggered herself spending all her dice on 12 health Kalo and Unrelenting Kim so the rest of the floor just kind of dogpiled from there with smoke. I feel like for all the memes this game has about "vertical difficulty curve", Ruina gives you the tools to break it right back (counting the seconds until I can use Chesed's Clone-Magic Trick-Distorted Blade gimmick).

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
The game basically gives you all the tools you need to ignore the basics of how to play through raw power until when UN ends, at which point the fights assume you know how to play because they’ll seriously outdamage anything you have.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

Junpei posted:

Idly, which books that the Limbus Company crew are based on have you (as in, the thread in general), read? Did you read them purely to prepare for Limbus, or before they were announced on your own time/for an English class? Has reading the book affected how interested you are in that Sinner in particular?

I've read Moby-Dick and The Stranger (both worth reading, especially the former), and kept meaning to get around to all of the others I'd heard about years before I started hearing about Limbus Company. The Stranger gave me an idea as to why Meursault's profile on the website is so sparse.

TeeQueue posted:

The game basically gives you all the tools you need to ignore the basics of how to play through raw power until when UN ends, at which point the fights assume you know how to play because they’ll seriously outdamage anything you have.

Yeah, at one point I got used to using builds based on increasing power to one damage type as a crutch and I'm trying to work myself out of that hole.

Junpei posted:

Actually feeling legit torn on what to vote for when we're done with Abnormalities.

On one hand: Thumb would be a quick Hokma unlock because TQ could only do part 1 since part 2 requires Liu, meaning we could knock out Snow Queen early. Also, while most of the talk I see about the Thumb stuff is how they enable easy Full Stop firing squads, the played-straight, "Generate Ammo cards and then use big cards to spend em" playstyle does legitimately seem like a cool and fun design space.
On second hand: Gears would let TQ write Argalia, which is fun, and also would send the thread into overdrive over my pre-spoiler post connecting the plot to Orlando Innamorato/Furioso with the confirmation that Argalia's sister is named Angelica.
On third hand: Liu immediately establishes what Phillip did after he left the Library which will certainly turn heads, and the Xiao/Lowell romance will get The Tragic Doomed Love established early. Also, Fervor is just a solid, always-useful passive, from what I've heard.
On fourth hand: Nemo is a ginormous meme, and Pluto ripping out Bada's heart is one of my favorite CGs in the game (even if the text obscures Pluto holding it). Plus it's where Charge Officially Gets Good.

My first instinct is to always get to the next realization ASAP (so option #3). The only hitch is that you can't really rush Chesed's like you can the first six; it requires completion of the entire second tier of SotC. This makes the pacing a bit less smooth than I'd prefer.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1575790251007569921

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1575792668676091904

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1575793175691943937

Can't tell if these last two are Identities or not. Sinclair and Don seem to be spying or tailing someone, and we haven't heard of any Association or whatever that does that (and honestly, spying seems like it'd be a joint Shi/Seven thing, considering it involves both stealth and the collection of intelligence). And are Ishmael and Faust in like... Section 6 Hana?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I imagine they're just visiting a nest, maybe on a mission or something. I don't expect identities to show up much in story.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
...who in their right mind would send the Don on a infiltration mission?

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

It's very weird to see bright and sunny locations in this universe.

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

My secret? I don't have any bones.
I say it often, but ruina isn't a hard game at all if you know what you're doing. In fact, it's pretty easy, i'd say.

your first playthrough? you will not know what you're doing, and the game will kick your rear end.

Solitair posted:

Yeah, at one point I got used to using builds based on increasing power to one damage type as a crutch and I'm trying to work myself out of that hole.

I mean as long as you're not running five night awls on the same floor you're probably fine. Sometimes all you need is to get over their dice regardless of resistances and having +3 power to whatever you want certainly helps with that. (or +2 with misc. bonus passives)

vaguely related but I wish 12 fixers wasn't a one-of passive, its really neat but you don't exactly get to play with it.

Loxo321
Sep 28, 2021

Solitair posted:

It's very weird to see bright and sunny locations in this universe.

non-PM Fans: "What a nice looking village."
PM Fans: *Confused screaming*

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
So, nobody has explained the resolution mechanics of Limbus Company yet so I figured I might as well say what I know/have picked up.

So every skill has a base number for it's strength, plus a modifier that adds or subtracts from the base. Each skill has a number of 'coins' it flips, typically equal to the amount of hits it deals, with a minimum of one. Every time a coin is flipped, if the coin lands "heads", the modifier is applied, on tails, it isn't. Tails can be valuable if the modifier is negative.

Some effects on skills are labeled "On-Hit Heads", meaning they only apply only if both the attack hits and the coin landed heads.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Wait is it out yet?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
No that's just based on analysis of previews.

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

I'm as confused as you are.

Loxo321 posted:

non-PM Fans: "What a nice looking village."
PM Fans: *Confused screaming*

Those who read Leviathan: "wait, are we sure that's even the same universe as the City?"

ShoutokuTaisho
Oct 13, 2021
I'm going to add to the gameplay information a little, in that the coin flips are weighted. The higher your sanity is, the higher the chance for getting heads, with the inverse also being true for negative sanity. Apparently, changes to your sanity will occur in the middle of the battle, presumably in a matter similar to how emotion coins are gained in Ruina, but who really knows.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
Wait, the Sinners are going to start with Sanity?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
TQ, are you going to be going for Arbitrating the Arbiter in the LP?

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015

Junpei posted:

TQ, are you going to be going for Arbitrating the Arbiter in the LP?

I would call your attention to the updates where the characters practice estimating how many "damage points" they did with each attack. This strongly implies yes.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
I've never successfully done Arbitrating the Arbiter.

I've also never actually tried, I did the head like once and never bothered trying again.

So anyways I'm probably going to try to do it because I feel like if I don't I'd be performing below the level I'm known for. I got deathless d49, how hard could this be??? :colbert:

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

DuoRogue posted:

gears means red mist and I think it'd be funny to shove tq into red mist asap so im voting for that

heres a screenshot of a bunch of mods https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/956715861190770761/1023801728841293905/unknown.png

Particularly good/interesting ones: The Monochrome Dragon, Reverse Library, The MagicGirl of Fiction, Macrosis' Ensemble Mod, R Corp. Raven Team, Cold Sun Office, 이파리 공방 모드, 에고 필립 접대 모드 Ego Philip, The Golden Sorcerer, Parallel Timeline, Invitation E.G.O Myo, Angel of Ruina Office, Lancelot (and Lancelot-Epilogue), Contingency Contract for Library of Ruina, Reception of Blood Fixer, Hana Association 1, Emotion Workshop, the Devourer of God
of those, Angel of Ruina office is the best one that adds new content, and Macrosis' Ensemble Mod is the best one that reworks existing content.

I tried to load them all up at once and the program softlocked. Which is a shame. I'd love to see my invitations map become an incomprehensible spiderweb.

Edit: Gotta load them one at a time. I am not disappointed.

Solitair fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Oct 4, 2022

SITB
Nov 3, 2012

Solitair posted:

I tried to load them all up at once and the program softlocked. Which is a shame. I'd love to see my invitations map become an incomprehensible spiderweb.

Parallel Timeline at least is a Basemod mod, so if you didn't download Basemod beforehand it won't work and would likely crash your game.

EDIT: Possibly Devourer of God too?

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

SITB posted:

Parallel Timeline at least is a Basemod mod, so if you didn't download Basemod beforehand it won't work and would likely crash your game.

EDIT: Possibly Devourer of God too?

No, I have Basemod, and the problem cleared up once I rebooted and loaded the mods up one at a time.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Per Steam a full 10% of the playerbase has Arbitrating the Arbiter, TQ won't even break a sweat

ShoutokuTaisho
Oct 13, 2021

Irony.or.Death posted:

Per Steam a full 10% of the playerbase has Arbitrating the Arbiter, TQ won't even break a sweat
It's not hard to get. You can retry the fight as many times as you want, there's no need for deck building, and there is relatively little complexity. No, the question is how many tries it takes until the Clash rng is favourable enough.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
The hardest part is keeping Roland alive in the first few turns since Baral can really kick the poo poo out of him if you don't get some good defends in.

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

Solitair posted:

look at my star of the city.... and despair.

It's worth noting that a vast majority of mods are general invitation styled - as in, they don't show up on the invitations map. Most of these are just 1 sotc page (sometimes 2, rarely 3, sometimes 1 impuritas, etc) but its best to look at the mod page to see how to invite them.

on a vaguely related note I wrote half a parody about I'M MAKING A CALLOUT POST FOR THE DEVOURER OF GODS. SHE PISSED ON MY loving EXODIA that I never finished because I couldn't figure out how to translate the "heres what mine looks like" line into that context

DuoRogue fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Oct 5, 2022

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Solitair posted:

Edit: Gotta load them one at a time. I am not disappointed.

i haven't done much with mods--if a mod drops a key page/combat pages, can you disable the mod and not have issues, or do you need to back up your save every time?

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

Reiterpallasch posted:

i haven't done much with mods--if a mod drops a key page/combat pages, can you disable the mod and not have issues, or do you need to back up your save every time?

if you turn off a mod, you get the choice to delete the pages or just have stuff that doesn't work, the same way terraria has unloaded items that you can trash or just keep around until you turn the mod back on.

ED: a mod that adds an entirely new floor finally launched on steam workshop (da'at, floor of psychology).

DuoRogue fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Oct 6, 2022

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
https://twitter.com/ProjMoonStudio/status/1578340708754149376

https://twitter.com/ProjMoonStudio/status/1578341018000162817

HamHamPangPang is doing some Limbus Company decorations.

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1578343549611171840

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1578345750861615104

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1578347762768543751

Looks like Outis is rocking the Ebony Queen's Apple EGO.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

I didn't know what that new abno was called until about a week ago.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1580861521206210560

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1580862454719913984

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1580862570998554624

This new Meursault EGO is based on a fightable Abno we saw at the TGS show.

The name's something like "You Wanna Get Punched? A Lot?"

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1580864800690610176

And then this other Meursault EGO which we know nothing about.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

DuoRogue posted:

ED: a mod that adds an entirely new floor finally launched on steam workshop (da'at, floor of psychology).

i was able to beat this, but the first abnormality fight is uh. something. weapons-grade cheesy netdecks required at least for me. the other fights were kind of a joke, the only hard part being that da'at's abnormality pages seem to be kind of dogshit.

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

Reiterpallasch posted:

i was able to beat this, but the first abnormality fight is uh. something. weapons-grade cheesy netdecks required at least for me. the other fights were kind of a joke, the only hard part being that da'at's abnormality pages seem to be kind of dogshit.

yeah, the first abno really, really shouldnt be the first one. the fourth one was a little impossible and then when I loaded after the patch something hosed up like all of my mods. oops.

GilliamYaeger posted:

I'll concede a lot of those points, especially Incomprehensible which I keep forgetting about, but how on earth did he rank 4th best? Even with incomprehensible being fantastic, unless you're factoring in availability (because Hokma and Binah, as one might surmise by how we don't even have them yet, have shockingly late Realizations) there's no way I'd rank Netzach above the four upper floors + Yesod. They're just a lot more mechanically coherent than the earlier floors are. Like I could understand putting the lower floors (minus Yesod, plus Tiph) in any given order because they're all kind of messes compared to the upper floors, but there's a pretty big power gap here.

I'm also surprised that Malkuth somehow managed to lose to Keter.

anyway this thing I said I was gonna talk about.

The list was Yesod, Binner, Cheese, Netzach, Hod, Geb, Roland, Tiph, Hokma, Malkuth.

binner, Geb, and roland are considered without taking binner, red mist, or roland into account, since those are key pages and not abnormality and ego pages. There is absolutely no way red mist gets below third place if you take her into account and roland probably shoots up similarly.

Yesod is obvious. this floor is genuinely broken from the get-go and never stops. what the hell were they thinking? like dark flame makes blunt resistances into weaknesses, chained wrath means you can lose your geb to make someone have infinite speed and +5 power on everything on top of the blunt dice power once you get to that point, on top of it having extra light gen, even more +3 power, more damage, more damage, more power, more damage, and then better farming because why not. And then on top of this they get a mass attack, a lot of mass attacks, your stagger is gone, more power, and a goddammned delete button. I don't think much is going to live 8 ~13-18s that also do bonus damage on hit.

Binner exodia is good, and unlike tiph, the pieces are good in a vacuum too. Plus, only three, meaning you can fit Tilted Scale in there to keep your team alive, the healing from that is stupid. Big Eyes is like allure but actually good. My only complaint is the punishing bird pages rewarding you for not getting hit. Isn't the entire point of the abno it gets stronger when you DO hit it? wack. Oh, and both peace and guardians for the forest are good if you dont want to do exodias. And weight of sin is stupid. And eternally lit lamp is really good. Similarly, a good variety of reliable EGO pages - the Big Single Hit That Deals Good Damage, Big Summation, Medium Individual, Gimmicky One Thats Really Good, and The Boring One.

Cheese is Yesod Lite, but Yesod Lite is still really good. What the hell is up with courage giving 3 strength and prot on a level 1 page? timber with its free +2 power on anything that matters? warm heart for another free +2? gleaning for mind hauler on steroids and extra stagger damage? Oblivion, Emerald, and Magic trick are all bonkers too. why does he have a ranged 25-35 slash for 4 light by the way?

I've already said my pieces about netzach so I wont repeat myself here- teequeue also probably is much better to listen to. your dudes just don't die.

Hod, ignoring look of the day and obsession since I never pick them, still has Axe, Coocoon, Meal, Alertness, Friend, and Gooey Waste. Its kind of like chesed except less silly. That's kind of a running theme. Its a shame her two mass attacks are bad against shimmering opponents unless you grab a mod to make Laetitia work on them, but Red Eyes is a free -3 to all next turn and thats almost enough to carry the ego pages on its own. She's the top of "has some good tools" tier, which is the "kind of generically good, but not outright silly" tier. everything above her is silly.

Geb has a lot of pages that are... kind of bad, actually? Like, obviously not all of them, but the red mist accounts for a lot of the power of the floor. Mountain of Corpses isn't actually a good page if you aren't her. Wine is wack but Vampirism is good (and I try to make fear of water work but it just doesn't). If you're looking for consistency you basically just grab Vengeance, Claws, Instincts, Absorption, Shell. By the way can anyone tell me why prey is so insanely bad when request exists? At least she has Mimicry, Dipsia, and Smile for ego pages.

Roland is actually like still pretty good even after the nerfs. You do have to give up using EGO pages for most of the game (so I won't count them or his final abnormality pages. This is in his favor since his ego pages are completely terrible and two of his three abno pages are memes), but your payoff is getting to pick whatever clashes you want thanks to Urging and Sword of Frost, Completely negate draw with curiosity, and immobilize things with A Kiss.
this is good. but there is also the part where you don't have ego pages, and none of these actually help you win clashes. Hence, the floor being in 7th place.

Tiph is part of the "more or less balanced" tier, which is a polite way to say "sure, you're not actively bad, but you ain't doing much." her exodia, while strong, is a huge pain to pull off and leaves you massively weakened until you get to emo 5 because all of the pages are terrible up until then. Void gives good power but eats half your deck and Acidic Sludge falls into the same trap as every single-effect abnormality page. I'll take fervent adoration over this, thanks. Aside from the exodia, it runs into the same issues as roland does, where it doesn't really help you win clashes- though its ego pages are at least functional.

Hokma I am absolutely biased against. Of his pages, I only like Confession and Advent; everything else I am neutral on or dislike. He does good memes but in this case that doesn't translate to being a good floor, or being fun. he's not fun. His ego pages aren't irredeemable by any means - dead silence, sound of a star, and heaven are fine - but its just... he just kind of exists.

Malkuth is at the bottom at this point because as far as I'm concerned cactus strategies without taunt are inherently bad. her ego pages are insanely inconsistent (I could not tell you the amount of times wingbeat has hit exactly once). Happy Teddy Bear is basically the only good set of pages she has, but one of them takes a while to get going and another doesn't exist (ha ha -3).

anyway heres my quick review of each floor and roughly why I placed them where I did.

DuoRogue fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Oct 18, 2022

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

DuoRogue posted:

yeah, the first abno really, really shouldnt be the first one. the fourth one was a little impossible and then when I loaded after the patch something hosed up like all of my mods. oops.

anyway this thing I said I was gonna talk about.

The list was Yesod, Binner, Cheese, Netzach, Hod, Geb, Roland, Tiph, Hokma, Malkuth.

binner, Geb, and roland are considered without taking binner, red mist, or roland into account, since those are key pages and not abnormality and ego pages. There is absolutely no way red mist gets below third place if you take her into account and roland probably shoots up similarly.

Yesod is obvious. this floor is genuinely broken from the get-go and never stops. what the hell were they thinking? like dark flame makes blunt resistances into weaknesses, chained wrath means you can lose your geb to make someone have infinite speed and +5 power on everything on top of the blunt dice power once you get to that point, on top of it having extra light gen, even more +3 power, more damage, more damage, more power, more damage, and then better farming because why not. And then on top of this they get a mass attack, a lot of mass attacks, your stagger is gone, more power, and a goddammned delete button. I don't think much is going to live 8 ~13-18s that also do bonus damage on hit.

Binner exodia is good, and unlike tiph, the pieces are good in a vacuum too. Plus, only three, meaning you can fit Tilted Scale in there to keep your team alive, the healing from that is stupid. Big Eyes is like allure but actually good. My only complaint is the punishing bird pages rewarding you for not getting hit. Isn't the entire point of the abno it gets stronger when you DO hit it? wack. Oh, and both peace and guardians for the forest are good if you dont want to do exodias. And weight of sin is stupid. And eternally lit lamp is really good. Similarly, a good variety of reliable EGO pages - the Big Single Hit That Deals Good Damage, Big Summation, Medium Individual, Gimmicky One Thats Really Good, and The Boring One.

Cheese is Yesod Lite, but Yesod Lite is still really good. What the hell is up with courage giving 3 strength and prot on a level 1 page? timber with its free +2 power on anything that matters? warm heart for another free +2? gleaning for mind hauler on steroids and extra stagger damage? Oblivion, Emerald, and Magic trick are all bonkers too. why does he have a ranged 25-35 slash for 4 light by the way?

I've already said my pieces about netzach so I wont repeat myself here- teequeue also probably is much better to listen to. your dudes just don't die.

Hod, ignoring look of the day and obsession since I never pick them, still has Axe, Coocoon, Meal, Alertness, Friend, and Gooey Waste. Its kind of like chesed except less silly. That's kind of a running theme. Its a shame her two mass attacks are bad against shimmering opponents unless you grab a mod to make Laetitia work on them, but Red Eyes is a free -3 to all next turn and thats almost enough to carry the ego pages on its own. She's the top of "has some good tools" tier, which is the "kind of generically good, but not outright silly" tier. everything above her is silly.

Geb has a lot of pages that are... kind of bad, actually? Like, obviously not all of them, but the red mist accounts for a lot of the power of the floor. Mountain of Corpses isn't actually a good page if you aren't her. Wine is wack but Vampirism is good (and I try to make fear of water work but it just doesn't). If you're looking for consistency you basically just grab Vengeance, Claws, Instincts, Absorption, Shell. By the way can anyone tell me why prey is so insanely bad when request exists? At least she has Mimicry, Dipsia, and Smile for ego pages.

Roland is actually like still pretty good even after the nerfs. You do have to give up using EGO pages for most of the game (so I won't count them or his final abnormality pages. This is in his favor since his ego pages are completely terrible and two of his three abno pages are memes), but your payoff is getting to pick whatever clashes you want thanks to Urging and Sword of Frost, Completely negate draw with curiosity, and immobilize things with A Kiss.
this is good. but there is also the part where you don't have ego pages, and none of these actually help you win clashes. Hence, the floor being in 7th place.

Tiph is part of the "more or less balanced" tier, which is a polite way to say "sure, you're not actively bad, but you ain't doing much." her exodia, while strong, is a huge pain to pull off and leaves you massively weakened until you get to emo 5 because all of the pages are terrible up until then. Void gives good power but eats half your deck and Acidic Sludge falls into the same trap as every single-effect abnormality page. I'll take fervent adoration over this, thanks. Aside from the exodia, it runs into the same issues as roland does, where it doesn't really help you win clashes- though its ego pages are at least functional.

Hokma I am absolutely biased against. Of his pages, I only like Confession and Advent; everything else I am neutral on or dislike. He does good memes but in this case that doesn't translate to being a good floor, or being fun. he's not fun. His ego pages aren't irredeemable by any means - dead silence, sound of a star, and heaven are fine - but its just... he just kind of exists.

Malkuth is at the bottom at this point because as far as I'm concerned cactus strategies without taunt are inherently bad. her ego pages are insanely inconsistent (I could not tell you the amount of times wingbeat has hit exactly once). Happy Teddy Bear is basically the only good set of pages she has, but one of them takes a while to get going and another doesn't exist (ha ha -3).

anyway heres my quick review of each floor and roughly why I placed them where I did.
Yeah I'll agree on most of those, with one exception.

Your opinion on Hokma sounds a lot like you missed the potential of Lean, Bloody Wings (Block dice now do half their value as true damage, ignoring immunities and resistances). The thing that makes his floor so good is that you can run a stupidly powerful perpetual motion block build using the Purple Tear. 3xBi An, 3xOminous Power and 3xwhatever. Which means you can use Bi An on every action, since you'll redraw the Bi An and Ominous Power cards you spend every turn. You then buff this with the other four members of your party running three copies of Combat Preparation. Combine this with Attention and Focus doubling the stagger damage coming off Hokma's stupidly large block dice and Penance buffing everyone whenever someone gets staggered (easy with Hokma's blockmas)...

Hokma is really, really strong when you play to his strengths. He's very much like Gebura or Binah in that he's actually a "boss" floor where you've got one super powerful unit and four assistants. Of course, if you don't have a Blockma to work off it's going to be garbage, but Blockma is such a strong unit.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Oct 18, 2022

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
i went on a bender installing pretty much any workshop mod reception that looked popular and uh, some of these custom reception pages are, uh

...what? what?

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Reiterpallasch posted:

i went on a bender installing pretty much any workshop mod reception that looked popular and uh, some of these custom reception pages are, uh

...what? what?
What the gently caress? What the gently caress? How is that ANYTHING close to remotely balanced? It costs negative one light and draws two pages????

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
i mean i figure most of this is supposed to be postgame stuff, so it's reasonable that it's a little bit better than SOTC/impuritas options, but that page is just funny because the gap between it and vanilla pages is just so wide and in so many dimensions at once. it's attached to a pretty neat postgame boss fight mod though.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Reiterpallasch posted:

...what? what?

yeesh that's stupid strong not even including the pierce passive bonus from night awls/wedge office. maaaaybe if they made it an E.G.O card at double the price and add the drawback on the third die to all dice? probably still too powerful though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

dervival posted:

yeesh that's stupid strong not even including the pierce passive bonus from night awls/wedge office. maaaaybe if they made it an E.G.O card at double the price and add the drawback on the third die to all dice? probably still too powerful though
Personally I'd just make it a single-use card. Maybe add some more benefits, too. So rather than a stupidly powerful standard card, it's a game-changing trump card to reverse bad situations you can only use once per encounter.