Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Baron von Eevl posted:

It's just impulse control issues, everything he does. Is just unmanaged ADD and he self medicates with stimulants made from beetroot and bill testicle extract.

I hope Bill gets paid fairly for the extract.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Baron von Eevl posted:

It's just impulse control issues, everything he does. Is just unmanaged ADD and he self medicates with stimulants made from beetroot and bill testicle extract.

Poor Bill.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

It's okay, the Clinton's get off on that freaky poo poo.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Baron von Eevl posted:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Baron von Eevl posted:

Having issues does not absolve him of the consequences of his actions.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Man, I hope whoever was saying that it did gets fired for that blunder!

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Yeah, definitely. I'm sure glad you pointed out that it's not a thing that no one said!

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Dewgy posted:

Man, I hope whoever was saying that it did gets fired for that blunder!

Baron von Eevl posted:

Yeah, definitely. I'm sure glad you pointed out that it's not a thing that no one said!

Calm down, they were just doing an Alex Jones impression

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Be nice to each other or else

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
or else WHAT?

are you saying we're DEFENDING ALEX JONES?

are you going to PROBATE us and put in the probation reason that WE LIKE AND AGREE WITH ALEX JONES so that that goes on our RAP SHEET and will be counted against us so were're gonna get PERMABANNED and then GO TO JAIL AAND DIE?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
this thread was the real infowar the whole time.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
If I'm accused of bad posting, I'll simply loudly and energetically defend myself from the accusation that I'm Jack the Ripper.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

LifeSunDeath posted:

this thread was the real infowar the whole time.

Speak for yourself.

I'm a policy wonk.

Knuckle Sammich
May 4, 2009

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

or else WHAT?

are you saying we're DEFENDING ALEX JONES?

are you going to PROBATE us and put in the probation reason that WE LIKE AND AGREE WITH ALEX JONES so that that goes on our RAP SHEET and will be counted against us so were're gonna get PERMABANNED and then GO TO JAIL AAND DIE?

Mod request to rename probation to FEMA CAMP.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Knuckle Sammich posted:

Mod request to rename probation to FEMA CAMP.

find me a good pic and I can toss a few fun sixers for the next hour or so

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

teen witch posted:

find me a good pic and I can toss a few fun sixers for the next hour or so

Just probe people with old Dave Dees pictures. Fits the Alex Jones vibe without actually having to put Alex Jones on people’s rap sheets.

And he’s dead! It’s an easy win!

i will also gladly take a fema camp/antivax/devil hillary clinton dees sixer if you end up doing this

(USER WAS SENTENCED TO A FEMA CAMP FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Oct 1, 2022

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Dewgy posted:

Just probe people with old Dave Dees pictures. Fits the Alex Jones vibe without actually having to put Alex Jones on people’s rap sheets.

And he’s dead! It’s an easy win!

i will also gladly take a fema camp/antivax/devil hillary clinton dees sixer if you end up doing this

Trying to find some DDees that isn’t wildly anti semitic. Turns out, kinda hard!

Probably just a coincidence

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

teen witch posted:

Trying to find some DDees that isn’t wildly anti semitic. Turns out, kinda hard!

Probably just a coincidence

Seems a little on the nose.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Lol in the Knowledge Fight for Jan 2, 2018 Alex predicts the Trump tax cuts are designed to make houses cheap so soon everyone will be able to own instead of having to rent.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

He's right 98, 99% of the time folks

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Grand Fromage posted:

Lol in the Knowledge Fight for Jan 2, 2018 Alex predicts the Trump tax cuts are designed to make houses cheap so soon everyone will be able to own instead of having to rent.

lol

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat

teen witch posted:

Be nice excellent to each other or else

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I figure Alex Jones is just having a big ol' mediocre white guy meltdown. He's gone through his whole life coasting and grifting and getting fat and red off the suffering of others and has never had to face a consequence for it because he is a noteworthy republican, and all of a sudden they're changing the rules and wanting him to be held accountable for his actions? That's got to come as a shock.

A Cartman Randy Marsh meltdown.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Confusedslight posted:

After this trial I'm going to take a long break from consuming any Alex Jones related content. I.e knowledge fight, articles about him etc. Always ends up making me feel mad and negative in the long run and life's too short for that sort of poo poo.

Hope he ends up losing alot of money, but he has a stupidly large and loyal following and they will never stop giving him money. gently caress Alex Jones and gently caress the meda for always providing him way too much air time to sprout his nonsense.

This is why i waffle very strongly on listening to knowledge fight

It is funny and they do a good job of skewering alex’s bullshit, but it still means i have to listen to his bullshit

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Jordan: So many posts in the Facebook Group have been like 'I started listening from the beginning and now I'm losing my mind' guys this show is the TurboForce of podcasts [callback joke to a supplement that Alex says is so powerful he doesn't even advise people take a full dose of it]

Dan: ...yeah I've made this point a number of times. Be careful even with our show. The rhetoric that Alex employs is so toxic that even with proper context and humor it still can be painful if you listen to too much of it

Knowledge Fight 257. Probably not the only time they've talked about this sort of thing but I literally just got done with that episode earlier today. They are aware of the toll this poo poo can bring and encourage listening at a sensible pace or I'm sure even not at all if it's getting to you.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

They have entire extended breaks from Alex Jones in their Alex Jones podcast.

They understand exactly the kind of weapons-grade toxicity they’re dealing with.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Pirate Radar posted:

If I'm accused of bad posting, I'll simply loudly and energetically defend myself from the accusation that I'm Jack the Ripper.
at the beginning of every collage fife there's a clip of jones shouting "i'm the devil, i need to be taken off the air" which is his impression of his detractors because he's literally doing what you just said.
are you criticizing jones? lol you literally think he's the literal devil and you want to take away his first amendment rights just because you disagree with him politically??? what kind of monster are you??
it's the same strategy for abortion (you want babies to be aborted even after birth????) and guns (so all gun owners need to be rounded up and put in camps???") because jones and his ilk are nothing but rodeo clowns that do everything in their power to distract from the real issue. you need to get through 15 layers of thick bullshit before you get to a real issue. you want to create a program to feed poor children? please explain why you want to eat rats like they do in venezuela.
then we segue into how jones never takes a stand on any issue.
there are two options: option a.
and option b.
liberals want option a. therefore option a is evil and will only lead to death and the devil coming back.
oh no, i don't have to defend option b, i never said i wanted option b, i'm just saying option a is for evil people who only want to do evil
why are we talking about option b? i never said anything about option b.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out
No trial today? I start every morning checking the CNN planner (I work at a TV station) and there's no feed.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

crime fighting hog posted:

No trial today? I start every morning checking the CNN planner (I work at a TV station) and there's no feed.

Just checked the Thursday broadcast - judge said next trial day is Tuesday at 10am

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

crime fighting hog posted:

The judge uses Mondays and Fridays to run their standard docket, hear motions, etc., as they have a ton of cases they’re presiding over.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

Mr. Nice! posted:

The judge uses Mondays and Fridays to run their standard docket, hear motions, etc., as they have a ton of cases they’re presiding over.

Makes total sense. Thanks all.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Selfish judges ruining my day, what am I going to do, work??

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Would be a pretty good court to serve on a jury. 3-4 days a week tops. probably adds a week onto most trials though.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZbJ7PFlnH8

I like this guy's car content for reasons that escape me, and he got brought up on Infowars, and Alex got literally every point in the guy's video wrong

My separate spheres of entertainment are not supposed to cross over like this

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Last week on his program Alex Jones called sandy hook synthetic. How is he this dumb?

It's starts 30 seconds into the clip.

https://twitter.com/C_Kavanagh/status/1576927671954550784?t=bqTtamDrF5nmvzCtwlRTtw&s=19

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Lmao that he also tried to edit it out of the recording, as if nobody would have their own copy. I guess he can still claim it’s a faked clip or something.

Faust IX
Nov 6, 2009

Confusedslight posted:

Last week on his program Alex Jones called sandy hook synthetic. How is he this dumb?

It's starts 30 seconds into the clip.

https://twitter.com/C_Kavanagh/status/1576927671954550784?t=bqTtamDrF5nmvzCtwlRTtw&s=19

Yeah, no, there is no way in hell this ISN'T going to be brought into evidence. Like, immediately from the plaintiffs before Norm can even attempt to shout objections.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Faust IX posted:

Yeah, no, there is no way in hell this ISN'T going to be brought into evidence. Like, immediately from the plaintiffs before Norm can even attempt to shout objections.

Just laughing at the idea of Norm opening the door to the court room just yelling 'OBJECTION" on the way in, like some bad pro-wrestling scene crashing.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Buh gawd that’s pattis’ music https://youtu.be/Om9gtR-TUM4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faust IX
Nov 6, 2009
It wouldn't be the weirdest thing I've seen set out on the VGCW. Could probably be a legit heel joke character.