Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
See attached

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

Hoss Corncave posted:

Disco has a terrible mind for creative (and most things in general) but I do still find his idea for an evil architect wrestler called Bill Ding really funny.

They actually ran that gimmick at the Impact show that was basically a spoof of eighties territory wrestling. Bill Ding teamed with Tim Burr, Jim Nassium and Ray Strack.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Skios posted:

They actually ran that gimmick at the Impact show that was basically a spoof of eighties territory wrestling. Bill Ding teamed with Tim Burr, Jim Nassium and Ray Strack.

That feels like a Chikara stable where they would have been called Public Works or something.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
We all missed out on the Eugene vs Cornette feud

https://twitter.com/UGeneDinsmore/status/1486784625720582149

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Why is he tweeting from the bored ape yacht club account?? Is Eugine trying to scam crypto

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

That's not the BAYC account he's just pretending to be them by changing his name and profile pic and profile for reasons???

What the hell.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

He's scamming crypto

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Suplex Liberace posted:

He's scamming crypto

Eugene and crypto go hand in hand really.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
why does the forum have a rule that says "Discussion of Jim Cornette is restricted to his own quarantine thread, for all of our sanity" ?

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Slaapaav posted:

why does the forum have a rule that says "Discussion of Jim Cornette is restricted to his own quarantine thread, for all of our sanity" ?

Because he posts genuinely hateful poo poo a lot of the time and tends to stink up any other thread his stuff is posted in. It’s better this way

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
what horrible crime did he commit to get this treatment in thsi forum?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Slaapaav posted:

He's a racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic piece of poo poo who spreads mistruths and exaggerations about companies and wrestlers he doesn't like in order to rile up his rapidly shrinking fanbase which leads those fans to spread that poo poo like a toxin throughout the rest of the internet.

Assuming you're asking that question in good faith anyway.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Slaapaav posted:

Constantly insulting/misgendering the trans-woman hoss in AEW and repeatedly accusing Kenny Omega of being a pedophile for being a fan of joshi wrestling

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

before the first version of this thread was created, people only wanted to talk about jim cornette and how bad of a guy he is. and they were right, so they had tons of things to talk about. people didn't want to talk about anything else except jim cornette being a big rear end hole. well, the first version of this thread worked out pretty well considering it wasn't official that you had to only talk about jim cornette in that thread or anything like that. people voluntarily kept talking about him in that thread. but this thread opened up after the previous jim cornette thread was closed, and eventually it was made official that you should only talk about jim in here. some people think he is quarantined because he's such a bad person, and some people think he is quarantined because if they could, people would talk about how bad of a person he is over any other topics whenever he says anything new and turn threads about other subjects into unwanted reading for many. and finally other people believe he is quarantined because you're allowed to talk about him as a fan but only in here, though people who are fans typically do not want to be on this forum and will usually realize that rather quickly. but whatever the case may be, the quarantine thread has worked to keep the forum safe.

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Sep 28, 2022

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

and his hot tub smells like nutsacks

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Jim hasn't been relevant since like, 1998.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Like I'm happy his coworkers took a picture with him and I support anyone over Cornette, but I'm not sure what Dinsmore is proving here.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

collocation posted:

Like I'm happy his coworkers took a picture with him and I support anyone over Cornette, but I'm not sure what Dinsmore is proving here.

That before Eugene he was a nothing in wrestling. He was a guy with a good reputation as a worker who had done TV jobs and was in developmental. As Eugene he got to live the life he's always wanted and be a star in the business and then be able to earn a living on the indies on the coattails of that. Something he probably never would have been able to do without it, especially given the track record of guys who were just good hands coming out of OVW in the mid aughts.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

"I made a poo poo load of money and got on TV and all I had to do was portray a hateful, offensive caricature of a minority for years!".

gently caress sake.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Don’t watch any mainstream wrestling from before like 2015 because oh boy you aren’t gonna like what you see

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The Hausu Usher posted:

"I made a poo poo load of money and got on TV and all I had to do was portray a hateful, offensive caricature of a minority for years!".

gently caress sake.

I am not sure Jim Cornette's critique was that it was hateful and offensive. That seems unlikely.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

History Comes Inside! posted:

Don’t watch any mainstream wrestling from before like 2015 because oh boy you aren’t gonna like what you see

Don't cheerlead some weird flex about making money playing a bigoted portrayal of a disabled person.

I don't know why Cornette is fighting with Nick Dinsmore, but what Dinsmore says there is not something to really laugh or point-score on. Eugene was a horrible, backwards gimmick and a stain on wrestling.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The Hausu Usher posted:

Don't cheerlead some weird flex about making money playing a bigoted portrayal of a disabled person.

I don't know why Cornette is fighting with Nick Dinsmore, but what Dinsmore says there is not something to really laugh or point-score on. Eugene was a horrible, backwards gimmick and a stain on wrestling.

Bud, I love arguing with no one as much as the next person but no one is cheerleading for Eugene here, except Nick Dinsmore himself in the tweets posted because it's funny that there was a Dinsmore vs Cornette feud at one point.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

The Hausu Usher posted:

Nobody is cheerleading anything. No one is disagreeing Eugene was complete poo poo. It's being pointed out that wrestling had a lot of problematic portrayals in it's history. That's it.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

That before Eugene he was a nothing in wrestling. He was a guy with a good reputation as a worker who had done TV jobs and was in developmental. As Eugene he got to live the life he's always wanted and be a star in the business and then be able to earn a living on the indies on the coattails of that. Something he probably never would have been able to do without it, especially given the track record of guys who were just good hands coming out of OVW in the mid aughts.

This is the post I was referring to. Fair enough if MassRafTer says this isn't cheerleading, that may just be a harsh way of describing the opinion expressed. I think the post validates what Dinsmore is saying in his stupid tweet featuring a photo of him in character with a bunch of young women as if was worth it because he got money and was surrounded by beautiful women. It just comes off as skeezy, not cool and just gently caress Eugene and everyone who contributed to the idea.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

It's just explaining what happened, not validating anything. The dogshit offensive gimmick made him a star and a lot of money. It's an unfortunate truth but it is a truth. I think anyone would agree the fact he's still riding the coattails of the gimmick and using that picture as a measure of success is pretty fuckin' sad.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Nick Dinsmore, Jim Cornette and Brian Last are all bad people and it's funny they were fighting, especially when you can guess what the argument was. (Eugene being an insult to the wrestling business not because it was offensive but because it was a comedy gimmick) But I can definitely see why Nick Dinsmore is defensive of it.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Nick Dinsmore, Jim Cornette and Brian Last are all bad people and it's funny they were fighting, especially when you can guess what the argument was. (Eugene being an insult to the wrestling business not because it was offensive but because it was a comedy gimmick) But I can definitely see why Nick Dinsmore is defensive of it.

So the point of interest is lol because someone defending their offensive character had a little dig at Jim Cornette who never liked it? Is that the joke?

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
shut up!!

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

Can you do me a favour and block me? Cheers, thanks.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The Hausu Usher posted:

So the point of interest is lol because someone defending their offensive character had a little dig at Jim Cornette who never liked it? Is that the joke?

The point of interest is two awful people were having an argument. One of them is the subject of this thread. The joke is that because these are bad people the argument is ridiculous featuring tweets like featured above, especially the one with the photo because it's a very silly way to make a point, where the first one given the parties involved at least makes a degree of sense.

Those in combination with the fact that at the time Nick Dinsmore's twitter handle was "Bored Ape Yacht Club" with their logo as his avatar made it more ridiculous, adding to the humor.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Oct 4, 2022

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

The Hausu Usher posted:

You're being needlessly aggressive over this. I would suggest you take a break from this thread in particular, maybe go look at the cute animals in the thread at the top of the forum.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Can someone explain who the guy in the photo is and his point of interest to the thread? Is that Brian Last?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

MassRafTer posted:

Can someone explain who the guy in the photo is and his point of interest to the thread? Is that Brian Last?

That is real Jim Cornette, the guy you see and hear on YouTube is an actor

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Malcolm Excellent posted:

That is real Jim Cornette, the guy you see and hear on YouTube is an actor

I don't think he appears in any of his youtube uploads, so it could be this guy.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It’s Brian First and as you can see he is very disappointed with how his son turned out

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Eugene hits some weird part of my brain where I know its poo poo and offensive, I know it is done in the worst possible taste but I can't help but love him. Not even in an ironic way, something in my head is so hosed that I see this man doing a piss poor Learning difficulty with a Hard R impression and I think "Aw that's nice he's giving it a go" like he's actually got a learning difficulty.

I don't like it about me but I can't help but have a soft spot for poorly acted LD's. I even saw an episode of Derek and thought it was okay before I caught myself on and put a stop to that line of thinking.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Sorry im a bit late to the party here but did we really get a straight up "explaining things is endorsing them" fight

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

why exactly would you explain something that's bad? what are you hiding?

(this is me in this situation, incredulous.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

Gonzo McFee posted:

Eugene hits some weird part of my brain where I know its poo poo and offensive, I know it is done in the worst possible taste but I can't help but love him. Not even in an ironic way, something in my head is so hosed that I see this man doing a piss poor Learning difficulty with a Hard R impression and I think "Aw that's nice he's giving it a go" like he's actually got a learning difficulty.

I don't like it about me but I can't help but have a soft spot for poorly acted LD's. I even saw an episode of Derek and thought it was okay before I caught myself on and put a stop to that line of thinking.
Sometimes I forget Levar Burton isn’t really blind