Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I told my dad we are never going to help him rearrange that poo poo ever again. The setup was not fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
We just got a sectional from Home Reserve which I take is similar to Lovesac just with a bit less customization.

It’s also diy assembly but was pretty simple to put together. East enough to rearrange since the pieces are held together with wingnuts and bolts.

Overall, it’s more solid than Ikea but pricier.

And there’s no Costco deal. Sad.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Thwomp posted:

Overall, it’s more solid than Ikea but pricier.

My broken fibula is more solid than ikea.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Dr Tran posted:

Why does costco have pepsi and not also have have mountain dew?

in my experience business costco has both, it also has both coke and pepsi products

nobody is gonna judge if your business is buying multiple 24 packs for yourself.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

StormDrain posted:

Sometimes they dew! I think I had it last in Billings MT.
None at the one I drive to in Fresno, CA, but also while I'd like the option, I refuse the soda every time. It always tastes terrible, and the other location I go to it's also tasted terrible. Runs out of syrup too often perhaps or maybe they don't do enough maintenance on it. I end up getting my soda elsewhere; one of the Costco locations is near a 7-Eleven.

It didn't used to be this way, but it's been that way since COVID.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

I mix the brisk ice tea with the brisk lemonade.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
The Coachella Valley Costcos don't have the dew on tap, either. They don't even have good lemonade or iced tea. It is always diet lemonade and raspberry ice tea.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

binge crotching posted:

The secret, I learned, is to get you a bottle of wood glue and just put on a dab here and there as you go along. This does nothing for the quality of the materials, but it does make it almost indestructible, and let's be honest: You are, at most, removing the shelves if you're retaining the Ikea furniture into your next residence.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

I wish they had unsweetened ice tea on the soda machine. I either get the diet lemonade or just water

slurm
Jul 28, 2022

by Hand Knit
My in-laws and BIL bought lovesac couches and regretted it, I don't think they're super comfy. Spend some time on them before you drop 10k.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

binge crotching posted:

Idk I've had a kivik ikea sectional for like 10 years now and the thing is like a tank. Maybe I'm not particularly hard on furniture?

incogneato
Jun 4, 2007

Zoom! Swish! Bang!

Chinatown posted:

sherpa season is here my dudes

Is this the Pendleton Sherpa blankets I'm seeing on the website? Are they highly recommended?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nessus posted:

The secret, I learned, is to get you a bottle of wood glue and just put on a dab here and there as you go along. This does nothing for the quality of the materials, but it does make it almost indestructible, and let's be honest: You are, at most, removing the shelves if you're retaining the Ikea furniture into your next residence.

The modern stuff isn’t that bad. I’ve had movers handle my IKEA junk a few times and the most common incident is them punching a hole in the bookshelf backing.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
Lovesac 6 Seats/8 Sides Corded Velvet Sactional Storage Bundle
$7,049.99

jfc

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Fozzy The Bear posted:

$7,049.99

jfc

Yeah its not cheap. Add in the surround sound and its like 10k+

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Nocheez posted:

Coke and Pepsi taste the same.

Oregon Costcos have root beer. Only trade off from not being able to buy cheap liquor :[

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
She just picked it up

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

she shoppin

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Dr Tran posted:

Why does costco have pepsi and not also have have mountain dew?

I have never been in a Costco without, it's part of the sacrament as far as I'm concerned.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
I got a free upgrade the other day, the soda fountains were broken so they were tossing everyone canned pepsi with each hotdog instead.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

Fozzy The Bear posted:

$7,049.99

jfc

I want to say it was $5k (for the Costco bundle) in 2020

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

incogneato posted:

Is this the Pendleton Sherpa blankets I'm seeing on the website? Are they highly recommended?

Controversial take:
I don't think the Pendleton Sherpas are as good as the old two sided version from Life Comfort. I thought the old one was heavier and I liked the ability to choose if I wanted Sherpa or the silky texture of the other side. The Pendleton looks great but feels thinner and like it won't be as warm.

I'll probably cave and buy a Pendleton this year but won't be happy about it. They have the Life Comfort brand Sherpa version but only in kids' sizes :mad:

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Zero VGS posted:

I got a free upgrade the other day, the soda fountains were broken so they were tossing everyone canned pepsi with each hotdog instead.

with refill???

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

I'm inbetween optometrists and was looking to do more poo poo with my costco membership. I know that the doctors are independent of costco but how are the glasses as far as price selection, and such? I have lovely eyes that require special factory prism lenses and I was wondering if they could handle that.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Costco glasses are excellent price wise. I get my contact lenses filled at Costco, and they are by far the least expensive option. They have a good frame selection and excellent prices on the frames.

They also take VSP which is nice. I don't know about the lenses though.

Also don't sleep on Costco when it comes to sunglasses. I've bought multiple pairs of Maui Jim's that retail at 350 bucks, for around 100 dollars.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

anyone else doggin' today? I definitely am for lunch

edit: Also the costco optical center in my church has the absolute worst loving customer service I've ever seen. I get it but holy poo poo the people there are like automatons who just want you to leave immediately but also expect you to know exactly what you need at all times somehow. Not sure why but my 'co has some pretty bad service across the board tbh. Love them hot dogs though.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Toxic Mental posted:

anyone else doggin' today? I definitely am for lunch
I boiled up some Costco dogs at home yesterday for dinner. Not quite the same as the Costco foodcourt experience, but close enough without having to drive to town.

slurm
Jul 28, 2022

by Hand Knit

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah its not cheap. Add in the surround sound and its like 10k+

Once you are tickling $10k you need to start getting quotes on traditional heirloom-grade USA-made sectionals from what I understand.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Fountain soda is better than canned I would be marching outside with signs

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

schreibs posted:

with refill???

Ah gently caress, I could have kept chugging the cans and deposited them all to make money, what a fool I am.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

sometimes ill get MUG root beer and imagine myself as the root beer loving bulldog on the label

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

numberoneposter posted:

sometimes ill get MUG root beer and imagine myself as the root beer loving bulldog on the label

I always think of the bartender from Tapper :cheers:

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
"canned Pepsi" doesn't sound like an upgrade to anything to me

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran
Last week my wife went to Costco and bought another pack of Charmin Ultra Strong because her prepper mother told her there may be another shortage soon.

Unfortunately the packaging machine must have been loaded with the wrong color wrap that day as the TP within is the Ultra Soft version. Not a fan. Thinking about a return but wouldn't be surprised if the rest of the stock is mislabled.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Wouldn’t be an issue if you had a bidet.

idgaf what I use now and it’s liberating.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
My Costco had TP stacked up down the middle of three side aisles last time I was there. I saw a handful of people loading 2 packs into their carts. We're full-up on TP, but I gave pause: can one ever be full-up on TP?

Maybe the Saudis are going to pause TP production this fall and we'll start finding "I did that!" stickers pointing to empty TP rolls in restrooms.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

MarcusSA posted:

Wouldn’t be an issue if you had a bidet.

idgaf what I use now and it’s liberating.

Hmm... Costco does have a bidet: https://www.costco.com/toto-washlet-bidet-seat.product.100973005.html

But Amazon seems to have the same exact one for cheaper? Does Costco price match Amazon? https://www.amazon.com/TOTO-WASHLET-Electronic-SoftClose-Elongated/dp/B09JV3PWNT

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

fischtick posted:

Maybe the Saudis are going to pause TP production this fall and we'll start finding "I did that!" stickers pointing to empty TP rolls in restrooms.

I saw my first one of those stickers the other day, wtf

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I worked a steel processing job last year and my boss distributed the stickers to everybody on the line. Everybody got a kick out of putting them next to broken equipment or empty vending machines, including me. I don't think a single sticker left the plant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I liked how they stayed up once gas prices started falling