Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Listen guys, being rulled by inbred morons incapable of tying their shoes worked really well for the Britons for a few centuries* so it's understandable that they still haven't butchered the entire upper class yet for tasty steaks.
Just give them time.

*Worked well for rich Britons at any rate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!
That's two "you guys are as bad as we are" cartoons in a row from Fishman.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

Ah yes, I too remember when liberals stormed the capitol building in January 2001 and January 2017.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

JamesBont posted:

Ah yes, I too remember when liberals stormed the capitol building in January 2001 and January 2017.
Also in both cases the presidency went to the person with fewer votes so maybe they had a point

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Hihohe posted:

Dear god your leadership needs more genetic diversity

Say what you will, at least David Cameron had some radical solutions to this problem

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Liz Truss and Kwasi Kwarteng’s ‘growth plan’ – All far from rosy in the garden as PM and her chancellor brandish their tools"

Telegraph:

Spaghetti Junction, Birmingham - Wikipedia.

Times:

Michael Gove and Grant Shapps attack ‘tin-eared’ tax cuts

Evening Standard:

Chancellor Kwasi Kwarteng in bombshell 45p tax cut U-turn

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

BonHair posted:

Say what you will, at least David Cameron had some radical solutions to this problem
That wouldn’t have solved much. I mean, doesn’t the UK have enough police?

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep

JamesBont posted:

New red-brown alliance in whataboutism bearing ripe fruit

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

ScruffMcGruff posted:

See, Mike, she's talking about companies employing immigrants. It really says something about you that the first thing you think of is slavery and exploiting people. Does that sound racist to you?
While Lester is only pretending to be offended because it's a Democrat saying it, immigrants are actually exploited by the farming industry and it's a genuinely hosed up thing that Nancy Pelosi actually said
https://mobile.twitter.com/greg_price11/status/1575874254918279170

Who is going to pick our fruit on the cheap if you ship out refugees is a gross sentiment

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Cross-posting from the Politically-Loaded Map Thread, this is sort of a polical cartoon:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Hihohe posted:

Dear god your leadership needs more genetic diversity

What they lack in diversity, they make up for in extra chromosomes.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Wait, so what has actually changed in the British conservative viewpoint? Because so far it just seems like Truss is doing the exact same policies to the exact same ends that Johnson did, but now suddenly the cartoonists hate her for it

Is it as simple as "we were okay when a loveable clownish posh git was doing it, but now that a woman and a black man are trying it, it's horrible"

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

nerd plus rage posted:

Yeah for some reason she seems to have trained herself to make this
her neutral expression. She also loves to mug for the cameras in a way she probably thinks makes her look relatable .

It's an expression of pain.

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep

skeleton warrior posted:

Wait, so what has actually changed in the British conservative viewpoint? Because so far it just seems like Truss is doing the exact same policies to the exact same ends that Johnson did, but now suddenly the cartoonists hate her for it

Is it as simple as "we were okay when a loveable clownish posh git was doing it, but now that a woman and a black man are trying it, it's horrible"

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Imagine that the country is a person, who the rich and powerful slowly drain of blood like vampires, slowly enough that they can still live and somehow argue that actually it's just the way of things.

Liz Truss walked up to that person on day one and knifed them in the stomach, then said "there, lots of lovely blood for all my vampire buddies!" and gave everyone a big, vacuous grin like this was perfectly normal and fine, no notes needed.

Even the vampires have some basic sanity; slowly gouging the poor is evil but somewhat sustainable, Liz Truss just crippled the entire country immediately without understanding that there's supposed to be some sort of balance and kayfabe to all this. She's dangerously stupid to a speed and extent that has blindsided everyone.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

skeleton warrior posted:

I think there's a few things. She's come in when the cost of living is getting particularly bad, and she doesn't really have the excuse of covid or brexit anymore to excuse this particular gently caress-up. She's also messed with the markets and people's pensions, which when your core demographic is rich twats and pensioners can cause your base to really get pissed off. They've made things worse very quickly, as opposed to the slow drip of things getting slightly shitter day by day that we've been having since Brexit, and now it's starting to effect people other than the poor. Also having just come to power this is the only thing she's known for so her entire first impression is loving something up for no apparent reason.

It might also be because a woman and a black man are doing it, mind. (This is, I think, a big part of why Truss got the leadership over Sunak, because the tory membership prefers a white woman over a man with indian parents).

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Broelman:

A football match happened. Penrith Panthers dominate Parramatta Eels 28-12 in NRL grand final to claim back-to-back premierships (ABC).

Warren Brown:

Lethbridge:

Not about a football match. Queensland premier Annastacia Palaszczuk and treasurer Cameron Dick. Queensland government shelves controversial land tax changes as treasurer defends policy (ABC).

Tandberg:

I was confused when this one turned up in the "cartoons of the day" for Fairfax papers because Ron Tandberg died in 2018. It's attached to the letters to the editor Premier’s pokies reform call reeks of hypocrisy (SMH). Also contains today's Cathy Wilcox's cartoon which I can't directly include because it has nudity.

Spooner:

King Charles won't attend the COP27 climate summit on Liz Truss' advice.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

How foolish, thinking you're defending democracy by consistently believing the candidate with the most votes ought to win the election. Why, that's exactly the same thing as overturning the results of the vote using violence!

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Trapezium Dave posted:

Broelman:

Warren Brown:

It's perfect.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

ZZT the Fifth posted:

It's an expression of pain.

The idea of Liz Truss waking up every morning and trying to get her face to stop looking like that, and failing, is very funny.

The idea of Liz Truss entirely skipping that sidequest and going through life with no concept of her own appearance, while still insistently making that face, is also very funny

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Political Cartoons 2022: Disco EUlysium

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Trussco Elizium

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

:discourse:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I gotta say I don't approve of this one. Poor people who live on the coasts aren't really the problem here, and likely can't afford to move anywhere else.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I gotta say I don't approve of this one. Poor people who live on the coasts aren't really the problem here, and likely can't afford to move anywhere else.

There is a substantial aspect of modern liberal opinion that hates the poor far more than it hates anything else

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

So many of these are just "how I'd imagine the conversation would go, if I talked to any liberals, which I don't, but who cares"

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
"I'm not into fantasy" is the worst lie you could come up with! Your entire worldview, including this imaginary conversation, is a fantasy; you love fantasy! Imaginary chin dude is calling your bluff and you deserve it.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Thank you very much for this.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Yeah John Oliver's show did a pretty good look at the National Flood Insurance program and one of the problems with it is that they won't pay for you to move, only to rebuild your house so people in flood-prone areas are basically trapped there.

There was one lady on there whose house had flooded like 5 times, she couldn't sell it because nobody wants to live in a house that floods all the time, meanwhile the government had put like a million dollars into rebuilding her lovely house over and over and over.

They could have bought her a freaking mansion somewhere else and still saved money.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Truss and Kwarteng’s response to mini-budget mayhem – The chancellor and PM have U-turned on abolishing the 45p tax rate and admitted ‘disruption’, but are still busy sharpening their axe"

Telegraph:

Michael Gove insists he isn't a 'rebel' and Jake Berry hints at next election date

Matt:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Kwasi Kwarteng ‘to bring forward plan to cut debt after 45p tax U-turn’

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Have I mentioned how much I hate the Telegraph?

nerd plus rage
May 12, 2014

It's a metaphor for something, probably

the sex ghost posted:

Trussco Elizium

:five:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
"Hardly Davidson"

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Nomination: most easily reinterpreted

There's no way forward for Truss' massively unpopular policies

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

seiferguy posted:

"Hardly Davidson"

But what about all the "sucking face" that today's no-good teens are doing? That can only come about if chicks are being suitably wowed, so they must be doing something right

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Leave Charles Schulz alone, you absolute hack.

quote:

Kellies Nomination: Worst Caricature (Biden, lol)

Brawnfire posted:

So many of these are just "how I'd imagine the conversation would go, if I talked to any liberals, which I don't, but who cares"

He's having endless shower arguments, except he keeps owning himself.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Yeah it's not good. It's bad in fact.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

agreed

Kellies Nomination: Worst Cartoon about Natural Disaster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

This is about the Stage 3 tax cuts for the highest earners which comes into effect in 2024 and whether the lesson of Liz Truss can be used to ditch them.

Le Lievre:

Static version for The Australian Financial Review, he also has an animated version:

Downes:

These are about Tasmanian local elections but feel universal.

Wilcox:

Interest rates rise again as Reserve Bank lifts cash rate to 2.6% (Guardian)

Warren Brown:

Spooner:

Treasurer Jim Chalmers. RBA = Reserve Bank of Australia who keep ratcheting up interest rates.