Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Wolfsheim posted:

I feel like tripling down on the number of games you're releasing only after public opinion softened on your game because of a tertiary anime is a bad move but hell I'm interested

No, thry fixed the game, not cos of anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Oxxidation posted:

this release schedule is going to literally kill their employees

None of these games are ever coming out in the next 5 years

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Vikar Jerome posted:

Its all ue5 now tho so dev times cut in half

Good, then they can spend the saved half of the dev time on adapting all their internal tools and workflows to it

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Cyberpunk got caught up in a bad set of circumstances:

- The critical development time was right when the pandemic was in full swing.
- The game's scope was too ambitious for something that had to work on base PS4 and XB1

I suspect they'll be able to avoid some of the worst issues with early Cyberpunk; they're probably better equipped to address another pandemic, and they don't have to keep making versions for PS4/XB1 which I imagine will be a huge help.

Obviously some aspects are due to bad management, and I think some problems were worsened as a result, but even the pandemic/crossgen issues aren't correct I think CDPR could easily sell that story to gamers to blindly go into the next game.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Vikar Jerome posted:

also because of anime

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
can i buy a ps5 digital edition anywhere yet without having to be checking at the exact right moment?

ShoogaSlim posted:

genuinely curious why some people consider xbox the "better" console
  • gamepass is the greatest gaming deal in history and i get to play tons of games that i wouldn't otherwise
  • i was able to buy one with relative ease
  • i greatly prefer the controller, especially the stick layout
  • the ps5 looks like poo poo and i preemptively bought replacement panels on the assumption i would be able to purchase one within 2 years of release
  • it plays 4 generations of games
  • you can put retroarch on it and play ps1 and ps2 games which you can't do on ps5 lol
i want a playstation 5 for exactly one reason and that's to play returnal if it came to xbox i would have no reason for a ps5

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I wasn’t on the hype train for cyberpunk since I was a super late comer to the Witcher (see: plays best on switch) and I didn’t think it was so bad until I got deeper in and the wheels started coming off completely.

After launch, watching the E3 stuff they demoed and realising that everything in that demo was taken from a tiny part of the game that saw way more attention than the other 90% of it, or outright fabricated bullshit that didn’t make it into the game at all, gave me a much better understanding of why people were so pissed and just how badly they hosed it. They promised some crazy poo poo and delivered an FPS with quests.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

haveblue posted:

Good, then they can spend the saved half of the dev time on adapting all their internal tools and workflows to it

No, they are gonna spend it hiring micheal shannon as the keanu replacement

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTDJNZ9cK1w

Maybe I'm misremembering the original Dead Space but this doesn't look that different. That said, I will still play this because I absolutely loved the OG. I sure hope the remake fixes some parts like the asteroid shooting segment, though.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
dead space 1/2/3 would be fine with 60fps patches and high res, they still look great on PCs

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Vikar Jerome posted:

For sure them fixing the game helped but I don't think it would have become the most played game on steam a couple weeks ago without the anime renewing interest

Most people don't give stuff a second chance a year+ later like that on the basis of "we finally fixed most of the bugs"

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Rageaholic posted:

Maybe I'm misremembering the original Dead Space but this doesn't look that different. That said, I will still play this because I absolutely loved the OG. I sure hope the remake fixes some parts like the asteroid shooting segment, though.

First immediately obvious difference- Isaac didn't talk before (until the sequels). Other than that, looks pretty faithful

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Oh hell I never knew the Witcher was produced by Bagiński. :eyepop:

For reference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msIjWthwWwI

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Rageaholic posted:

Yeah, ps3 onward remakes are not gonna look that shockingly different it seems. Might as well get a ps3

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Dewgy posted:

Oh hell I never knew the Witcher was produced by Bagiński. :eyepop:

For reference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msIjWthwWwI

Yeah hes been trying to get it made for yeeeeaaaars (witcher) he had it as a movie at one point before got gave em the tv greem light

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

The ps3 has no games

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

fridge corn posted:

The ps3 has no games

It plays all 5 suikoden games

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Also insanely hosed up they didn't announce a Witcher 3 PS5 release date with everything else, a bad omen imho

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Wolfsheim posted:

Also insanely hosed up they didn't announce a Witcher 3 PS5 release date with everything else, a bad omen imho
They didn't announce a date but they did confirm that it's coming out this year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EJmgTQ0O8k&t=496s

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

Vikar Jerome posted:

Cyberpunk sequel and 5 witcher games coming out lol

Very interested in that new ip, hoping for alpha protocol type thing

Is it butter-up-the-shareholders-month already?

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

kanonvandekempen posted:

its never not

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Multiple action horror games and TW3 this year I’m gonna Bust

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Volte posted:

They didn't announce a date but they did confirm that it's coming out this year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EJmgTQ0O8k&t=496s

Not a lot of year left!!!

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Vikar Jerome posted:

It plays all 5 suikoden games

My hero :swoon:

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
it also plays lost planet 2

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
They will drop the Witcher 3 PS5 patch on the same day that God of War comes out.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Vikar Jerome posted:

Mostly because of anime

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

fridge corn posted:

The ps3 has no games

it has all the MGs games and also about 9000 ps1 games. how's the ps5 classics selection going btw

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Rageaholic posted:

Having replayed it recently on PC, it does look like a huge makeover, but like TLOU, the original game still looks relatively good so it really decreases the wow factor. At least at a glance. it does look nice though.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Dead Space 1 looks great on PC and it's enough of a classic that I'd really just rather have a patch to make the original game look as good on modern hardware

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

butt dickus posted:

can i buy a ps5 digital edition anywhere yet without having to be checking at the exact right moment?

• gamepass is the greatest gaming deal in history and i get to play tons of games that i wouldn't otherwise
  • i was able to buy one with relative ease
  • i greatly prefer the controller, especially the stick layout
  • the ps5 looks like poo poo and i preemptively bought replacement panels on the assumption i would be able to purchase one within 2 years of release
  • it plays 4 generations of games
  • you can put retroarch on it and play ps1 and ps2 games which you can't do on ps5 lol
i want a playstation 5 for exactly one reason and that's to play returnal if it came to xbox i would have no reason for a ps5

appreciate the list and honest answer. for someone who wants to play as many games as possible, i can see the appeal kinda. for me, i play a small handful of games a year and mostly use my ps5 to watch youtube and netflix (thank goodness i paid a lot of money for a big 4k tv!). even with my limited gaming, i have more games in my backlog than i could finish in a few years. i def am not the type to play everything that comes out, and i mainly just focus on the big name titles that are mostly only playable on a playstation console.

kanonvandekempen posted:

its officially Q3 so... yes!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Dead Space 1 looks great on PC and it's enough of a classic that I'd really just rather have a patch to make the original game look as good on modern hardware

Don't get me wrong I mostly agree and don't know if I think the remake is justified, but the textures and lighting and just overall level of detail are definitely showing their age at this point. Overall, you def wouldn't play it on PC and ever think "this needs a remake" though.

Tbh I felt like DS1(while still great) is a little bland compared to DS2. Just gets sort of samey and it's super easy. I wonder how much has been tweaked or if they pretty much just gave it a facelift. I really would not mind if they updated the enemy spawns and behavior and gave it a bit more variety in visual design.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Feels Villeneuve posted:

it has all the MGs games and also about 9000 ps1 games. how's the ps5 classics selection going btw

How many ps1 games equal 1 ps3 game?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Other than the Isaac voice lines, they promise to have eliminated the tram load points so the whole ship is one explorable space. There are things in that trailer that are beat-for-beat recreations of moments from the original, so I'd guess they don't plan to cause really major upheaval

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
DS1 feels a lot "heavier" and the enemy encounters more focused on a small number of threats than ds2 which was more action-y so I hope they don't just make all the games feel the same

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

having loved Cyberpunk, warts and all, I am happy to see that an anime managed to signal boost it enough that it's not DOA. At one point I assumed that CDPR was just going to do whatever they could to fix it and then wash their hands of the series, but personally I love the world and would be totally into more CP2077 games.

I hope the insane launch is a lesson for the future for CDPR, but I'm just glad CP2077 is still gonna be a thing.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Feels Villeneuve posted:

DS1 feels a lot "heavier" and the enemy encounters more focused on a small number of threats than ds2 which was more action-y so I hope they don't just make all the games feel the same

The Alien/Aliens comparison the devs made themselves was dead-on. DS1 is a horror game with some action, DS2 is the other way around

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Having just played them back to back, I find a lot of statements that people make about Dead Space 1 sort of baffling. People say DS1 is more horror and 2 is more action, but I just don't see it at all. If anything 2 is a scarier game imo. Dead Space 1 is almost pure action horror, just like 2. DS1 gives you almost endless ammo and the necros are chumps. They also feel almost identical. I think feels a bit punchier but in a good way. I've also seen people praise Dead Space 1 for it's non linearity even though it's totally linear. There's literally nothing to do if you don't follow the quest marker. The only difference I can think of is that DS2 is more prone to blocking off previous paths ala a naughty dog game or something.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

veni veni veni posted:

having loved Cyberpunk, warts and all, I am happy to see that an anime managed to signal boost it enough that it's not DOA. At one point I assumed that CDPR was just going to do whatever they could to fix it and then wash their hands of the series, but personally I love the world and would be totally into more CP2077 games.

I hope the insane launch is a lesson for the future for CDPR, but I'm just glad CP2077 is still gonna be a thing.

:yeah: I’m so happy they’re dedicated to it. It’s a fantastic world. The characters are wonderful. I just really enjoy being in that universe and I hope they stick with it in the way they have with the The Witcher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

When people make the alien/aliens comparisons I would like to ask them a. why they feel that way and b. how long it's been since they have played both of the games.