Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Can you make Swordsoul Tenyi on a day 1 Master Duels account?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Day 1 would require Yugi Moto’s own luck and a lot of grinding, or spending money. Week one is more likely.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
As Ardeem said, Day 1 probably not. Day 3? Doable!

Onmi posted:

I mean having a stale format since april of Tear/Spri-

Never mind, JUST TEAR NOW, probably has not helped things.

But also, Source?
Tear is unquestionably Tier 0, if you count the Tear + something else variants.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Oct 4, 2022

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Tearlaments are cool and good waifus

(I know nothing about why they're good?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Tearlaments are cool and good waifus

(I know nothing about why they're good?

They're a self milling archetype that fuses by milling/discarding and can recycle and also has extenders so even if you interrupt them they just get to keep going.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Or, to be more glib, they’re the bastard love child of Lightsworn and Lunalights.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Ardeem posted:

Day 1 would require Yugi Moto’s own luck and a lot of grinding, or spending money. Week one is more likely.

girl dick energy posted:

As Ardeem said, Day 1 probably not. Day 3? Doable!

Hmm... then it is either I grind for it or perhaps I just go golden boy.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Don't pay real money for it, early game gems are comedically generous. It's not gonna be hard, or even much of a grind, it'll just take a couple days of play. Long enough to be sure you actually like the game.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

girl dick energy posted:

Don't pay real money for it, early game gems are comedically generous. It's not gonna be hard, or even much of a grind, it'll just take a couple days of play. Long enough to be sure you actually like the game.

I have and will never spend money on a F2P game

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I can confidently say that you never need to spend a cent to fully enjoy Master Duel. (Unlike Duel Links, where you're really playing with only half the card pool if you aren't willing to at least minnow every now and then.)

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

girl dick energy posted:

Tear is unquestionably Tier 0, if you count the Tear + something else variants.

The problem deck is ishizu tears since that lets them make a board on T1. Like how sprights issue was frogs, and branded despia was verte.

Take those out and youd have a healthier meta.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Oct 5, 2022

Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Sprights issue is that it was made too good. That's also Tear's issue. Stop banning even more cards from old decks.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Is there any way to filter cards in your MD collection to make breaking down excess copies less of a chore?

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Regalingualius posted:

Is there any way to filter cards in your MD collection to make breaking down excess copies less of a chore?

There’s a button for that, but it doesn’t deal with having both common and foil copies of the same card.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
The maintenance message for Master Duels could be better. I did not know maintence was going to happen today. As soon as I won my first game, the maintence message popped up. I hope my win and activities count towards the daily.

edit: That first game did not count towards anything.

Flair fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Oct 6, 2022

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5JTeUv9P4U

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

I don't get it bro just draw the out, what's so hard about drawing the Out?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
The people who said Runick was bad just refused to use all the tools at their disposal.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Onmi posted:

I don't get it bro just draw the out, what's so hard about drawing the Out?

You're right, the runik cards are the problem here. Ban em.

EDIT: You're the OP and most of your posts in this thread are just crying about the meta and nothing else not even a funny joke please just post better I'm begging you. At least edit an anime clip where one of them plays it and they just stand there drawing cards and passing. Throw a pie, do something god.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Oct 7, 2022

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

To be more on topic I've been playing a weird ogdoatic reptilianne grab bag reptile deck for a bit as I climb out of the trash since I skipped the last season of ranked completely and between Hyrda and Snake Rain not being OPT you can just dump everything and then Anata in the dumbest loving lines.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Speaking of the original post, it should probably be updated with Master Duel.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Ardeem posted:

Speaking of the original post, it should probably be updated with Master Duel.

We're working on drafting a new OP because a lot has changed that's important to update.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

To be more on topic I've been playing a weird ogdoatic reptilianne grab bag reptile deck for a bit as I climb out of the trash since I skipped the last season of ranked completely and between Hyrda and Snake Rain not being OPT you can just dump everything and then Anata in the dumbest loving lines.

Reptiles have good cards?

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Reptiles have literally one of the most insane support cards ever in the form of Snake Rain. That card is a god drat ticking time bomb just waiting for the right archetype to be released.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Reptiles have a ton of good cards and Konami has slowly been giving them a lot of strong support over the past couple years.

They're just waiting for that one thing to bring everything together.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I feel like at this point the Reptile time bomb detonation isn't going to be Konami releasing another Reptile archetype but somehow this time it's good, it's going to be someone galaxy-brain enough to daisy chain all the already existing Reptile support together and making something terrifying.

We're going to feel like fools when someone rolls up to a YCS revealing the combo potential of Ogdoatics, Venom (Not That One), Reptilliane and Venom (Yes That One) that's been entirely accessible for years.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Oct 7, 2022

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

serefin99 posted:

Reptiles have literally one of the most insane support cards ever in the form of Snake Rain. That card is a god drat ticking time bomb just waiting for the right archetype to be released.

Vandar posted:

Reptiles have a ton of good cards and Konami has slowly been giving them a lot of strong support over the past couple years.

They're just waiting for that one thing to bring everything together.

Pretty much both of these, much like Beetroopers with insect support, there's just been a lot of "generically good Reptile cards" made without one lynch pin.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Onmi posted:

Pretty much both of these, much like Beetroopers with insect support, there's just been a lot of "generically good Reptile cards" made without one lynch pin.
Remember back when the best Thunder archetype was Watt cheese?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

girl dick energy posted:

Remember back when the best Thunder archetype was Watt cheese?

God, Thunder is another type that was like "Yeah I mean it's never gonna be anything, it's okay to have all of this." So you make Solar and a hundred other cards because eh gently caress it why not, right?

Then Thunder Dragon comes out.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Play Vennominon instead of Ananta, you can revive him with both of the Ogdoadic revival cards, and he's slightly smaller, but stupid hard to out (especially if you're running rise of the snake deity and traptrick too).

Trust me on this, I'm the reptpile guy. I love that Reptpile (also the Reptilliane can largely be ignored outside their tuners, synchros and link, the rest of the archetype doesn't do quite enough over just running more Ogdoadic names/effects).

The main issue, is you've got a grind game, but it's not quite as good as Orcust's grind game was that kept them meta for ages, and there's just a lack of real finishers or total synergy going on. Ogdoabyss is nutty removal, and Vennominon/Vennominaga/Evil Dragon Ananta/insert boss monster here are usually enough to close a game, but all too often you die to a well timed interaction or negate and just don't have the options in the Extra Deck to extend (Reptile needs a 1 mat link).

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Oct 7, 2022

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Onmi posted:

We're working on drafting a new OP because a lot has changed that's important to update.

Lmao gotta go back to the committee to write an op for a forum thread

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

mandatory lesbian posted:

We should at least make sure the information is up to date enough to be helpful for potential new players, there's no need to be snide about it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I don't get it bro just make a good OP, what's so hard about making a good OP?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Or more like "Some of us took breaks from the game, including me, and we want to make sure the information is up to date, the content creators we recommend are modern and may be more than the stuff I personally watch, and since I don't play every version of the game (I don't touch Duel Links, I don't know anyone who touches Rush Duels but I don't touch them, I don't touch Speed Ruels) It's good to source that information from other people, there's also alternate formats and the history of the game that's worth getting involved in, websites for information that's worth knowing."

I would like it to, ya know, be an informative OP for the modern game and all its variants.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Oct 7, 2022

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

No need to be an rear end about it.

I've been working on new OPs for both threads, I got a bit sidetracked from them but I'm going to finish them up and start new threads for them.

If anyone has anything specific they'd like in the OPs, please let me know.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

They have some very great support and 0 good archetypes.

They have very funny archetypes tho like one about making all monsters attack 0 and then negating the effects or popping or tributing 0 attack monsters

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010
The biggest problem is that reptile extra deck monsters all suck and I would kill to get a good extra deck end boss.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Jehuti posted:

The biggest problem is that reptile extra deck monsters all suck and I would kill to get a good extra deck end boss.

The extenders are good and the utility ones for board wiping all the 0 attack monsters are fine but they're not your big end the game bosses.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

The extenders are good and the utility ones for board wiping all the 0 attack monsters are fine but they're not your big end the game bosses.

Yeah, this is why I say run Vennominon (500 ATK per reptile in grave, which is a lot if you're doing ogdoadic looping) or, admittedly, Evil Dragon Ananta. The new-ish level 8 Reptilliane Synchro isn't terrible, as it is a Towers. Ogdoabyss isn't really a boss monster, but it is a quick effect board wipe that dodges most forms of protection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

I'm pretty sure all of the 0 ATK monsters are Reptiliannes. Which, to be fair, the Reptilianne legacy support IS good.