Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
What is really funny is I think the most likely thing is musk buys twitter….and nothing changes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple
You don’t think Musk is going to give Trump his favorite platform back?

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

CharlestheHammer posted:

What is really funny is I think the most likely thing is musk buys twitter….and nothing changes

Pretty confident that Musk will find a way to make it worse while also somehow resulting in innocent people being killed due to it.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

sticksy posted:

Pretty confident that Musk will find a way to make it worse while also somehow resulting in innocent people being killed due to it.

Twitter will just become his personal tool to pump and dump the latest scam he's running, totally worthless

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

How long until he changes his mind again?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
If he does he loses the court case even harder. It would look like he's just loving about to maliciously affect the stock price.

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

Thundercracker posted:

Trump is gonna drop Truth Social in a heartbeat if he's let back on

Devin Nunes

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

so how bad is tesla stock gonna tank when musk has to convert billions of it to cash to buy out twitter's shareholders? or will he actually manage to get enough funding through loans that there won't need to be a mass sell-off?

seems crazy that any lender/investor would be interested in loaning musk money to buy a severely overvalued social media company that will never return its original investment, using shares of the world's most overvalued car company as collateral, but i'm not a finance guy or money launderer so what do i know.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Bad Purchase posted:

so how bad is tesla stock gonna tank when musk has to convert billions of it to cash to buy out twitter's shareholders? or will he actually manage to get enough funding through loans that there won't need to be a
seems crazy that any lender/investor would be interested in loaning musk money to buy a severely overvalued social media company that will never return its original investment, using shares of the world's most overvalued car company as collateral, but i'm not a finance guy or money launderer so what do i know.

I mean between him still having a bunch of stock that technically valuable, and being able to charge high interest, I'm sure it won't be to hard for him to find someone to loan him the cash.
Details of loans will definitely not be in his favour though.

Also lol interest rates have just started ballooning.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i wonder if one of his oligarch partners told him he had to tweet russian propaganda yesterday or they wouldn't contribute to the twitter buyout, or if he's just such a huge dipshit he did it completely unprompted for free

SlurredSpeech609
Oct 29, 2012

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1577428272056389633#m

I've always wanted an "everything app".

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

PITY BONER posted:

I'm curious where everyone will go.

It's time for this dead gay forum to rise again

Bad Purchase posted:

i wonder if one of his oligarch partners told him he had to tweet russian propaganda yesterday or they wouldn't contribute to the twitter buyout, or if he's just such a huge dipshit he did it completely unprompted for free

Why not both?

a platform simply called X, marketed as the "everything app" sounds simultaneously dumb and dystopian as hell. Elon saw that episode of Black Mirror where social standing is dependent on Facebook likes and thought "wow that's actually an awesome idea"

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Oct 5, 2022

javi
Jun 5, 2004

Silly yes ... Idiotic ... yes.!

Cool, so they want WeChat.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

always a great idea to name your product something that is impossible to search for

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

lol "x" was the original name of musk's paypal
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X.com

Total Party Kill fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Oct 5, 2022

Anton Chigurh
Mar 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Total Party Kill posted:

lol "x" was the original name of musk's paypal
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X.com

He probably wanted to name it "XXX" but the pesky corporate lawyers said no, so he fired them all in a 20-minute raging tirade and went his office to spliff away for an hour or so with the shades drawn before sleeping it off for 3 hours while sucking on this thumb.

Just an educated guess.

Anton Chigurh fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Oct 5, 2022

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
pretty sure google , amazon, and zuckbook are kinda already beating Musk to companys that do "everything"*

twitter isnt even part of FAANG and the only reason it punches above its weight is because we had a prez that loved it for 4 years , broke brain journos , other too online people like it.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Anyone able to tell which stimulant he's abusing atm? Is this just coked-up behaviour or something more exotic?

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Oct 5, 2022

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

the everything app already exists elon its called a web browser you dumb rear end, you can even use it to look at what the loudest dumbest billionaire is doing on a day to day basis

Molten Llama
Sep 20, 2006

The Lone Badger posted:

Anyone able to tell which stimulant he's abusing arm? Is this just coked-up behaviour or something more exotic?

He's been starving himself while also getting pumped full of Wegovy (presumably off-label via a Dr.-Conrad-Murray type) for rapid weight loss, so he might not even need extra drugs to be out of his gourd!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

The Lone Badger posted:

Anyone able to tell which stimulant he's abusing atm? Is this just coked-up behaviour or something more exotic?

Don't worry I'm sure he'll be happy to explain in his next appearance on Joe Rogan while Rogan tells him how cool he is

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

I see we’re at or nearing the puppet master stage of this process

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

https://twitter.com/cb_doge/status/1577428674256994304

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Just enter your credit card details and hit go for everything, everywhere, to happen all at once. .

That'll be a real time saver, thanks Elon!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

The MCU's greatest sin is giving everyone have a cool fictional character to (incorrectly) compare Elon to, and then actually putting him in Iron Man 2 to boot.

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica
Iron Man was created as a radian superman to send up the hippies so working as intended?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Wait, I have to delete Twitter again?

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
lol can't wait to see the weird microtransaction model they implement to try and make Twitter profitable after all this

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

Hey man, wanna hear a secret?

College Slice
Paywalled trump tweets

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Twitter skins ala Winamp

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

kazil posted:

Twitter skins ala Winamp

Put them in loot boxes and this might actually work

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

kazil posted:

Twitter skins ala Winamp

Everything should have them.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

put nft profile picture support under a yearly subscription - those idiots will buy anything

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

kazil posted:

Twitter skins ala Winamp

Whips sucks the llama’s rear end

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

this is the SEC filing that triggered all the headlines about musk agreeing to go ahead with the twitter deal:
https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1418091/000110465922105787/tm2227435d1_sc13da.htm

quote:

On October 3, 2022, the Reporting Person’s advisors sent a letter to Twitter (on the Reporting Person’s behalf) notifying Twitter that the Reporting Person intends to proceed to closing of the transaction contemplated by the April 25, 2022 Merger Agreement, on the terms and subject to the conditions set forth therein and pending receipt of the proceeds of the debt financing contemplated thereby, provided that the Delaware Chancery Court enter an immediate stay of the action, Twitter vs. Musk, et al. (C.A. No. 202-0613-KSJM), and adjourn the trial and all other proceedings related thereto pending such closing or further order of the court.

it's possible he would rather concede and go forward with the deal than have more of his texts come out, have to go on record in a deposition, or get penalized by the judge for sabotaging discovery. but with the terms of the filing, it's also possible it's just another stalling tactic to suspend the trial for however long he can get away with pretending he's still working out the financing terms.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

2nd Amendment posted:

Iron Man was created as a radian superman to send up the hippies so working as intended?

True but Iron Man realizes he's done wrong in his past as a war monger and I don't think Musk is capable of any kind of self-reflection, much less admitting he has been wrong ever.

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica

TwoPair posted:

True but Iron Man realizes he's done wrong in his past as a war monger and I don't think Musk is capable of any kind of self-reflection, much less admitting he has been wrong ever.

Contrition is part of "understanding" so it makes sense that the betas reading comic books imagining a better world would relate to it. Elon is part of the reality based community and stands over knowledge rather than submitting himself to it.

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

2nd Amendment posted:

Contrition is part of "understanding" so it makes sense that the betas reading comic books imagining a better world would relate to it. Elon is part of the reality based community and stands over knowledge rather than submitting himself to it.

Why yes, these are words strung together into sentences.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
This isn't even the first time Elon's said he's gonna buy Twitter this year, I'm not holding my breath

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

2nd Amendment posted:

This is a profoundly strange post