Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I hope PSVR2 is like The Lawnmower Man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

lmao

winningest gamer
they are the dbrand darkplates that sony sued over lol. it's for this reason that i've locked myself into the non-tumor edition ps5

i've never played dead space but all 3 of them are on game pass so i'll give it a try thanks playstation thread

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
My switch is covered in more dust than thr wii had

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

History Comes Inside! posted:

Everything they’ve shown about Callisto so far has been like they’re trying to answer the question of what kind of game would you get if it was designed by a 14 year old boy in the late 90s after watching nothing but Aliens and playing Quake for a month.

“Yeah dude there should be blood and guts everywhere all the time!!

This is an extremely good design philosophy.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Works for Prodeus

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Prodeus is sick-nasty.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Vikar Jerome posted:

Same. I boot it up every couple of months and update the NES/SNES online apps, see it’s been updated with poo poo games and power it back off.

In Sony news: I picked up Last of Us 2 because I need something to watch play while I wait for COD and GOW. It’s pretty good. I already knew about ‘the thing’ and it still hit me like a ton of bricks. The build up to it is great too. Clever of them to use all that lead up as the tutorial as well.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I keep having the urge to buy Prodeus but I really try to wait for sales nowadays.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I played switch lots four years ago, then I played sor4 on it through 2020-21 with a friend. These days it's in a drawer somewhere because having the dock set up was a waste of time.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

Kilometers Davis posted:

I keep having the urge to buy Prodeus but I really try to wait for sales nowadays.
it's on game pass have you tried that

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Kilometers Davis posted:

I’d wait for a sale. It’s ok but nothing amazing.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

butt dickus posted:

they are the dbrand darkplates that sony sued over lol. it's for this reason that i've locked myself into the non-tumor edition ps5

haha, yeah, i remember those. they don't look half bad, though i like the look of my tumescent thiccstation piss

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

Prodeus is sick-nasty.

Prodeus is a premium viscera delivery service.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
im posting

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

butt dickus posted:

it's on game pass have you tried that

I don’t do xbox/pc but I appreciate the info :)

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I’d wait for a sale. It’s ok but nothing amazing.

This is the lowest praise of it I’ve heard from anyone I know so that’s pretty high praise hmmmm

Prodeus is a premium viscera delivery service.

giiiiiiibs

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

If I have one criticism of Prodeus it's that it's perhaps a bit too long and could have used a couple wowzer set pieces like the ending to Amid Evil. But otherwise it's the best semi-retro Doomlike I've played in awhile.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i mean that's cool, i dont mind that at all, i just wish it wasn't so totally a dead space game except rebranded. i liked their games, do something new!

I want more Dead Space

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

If I have one criticism of Prodeus it's that it's perhaps a bit too long and could have used a couple wowzer set pieces like the ending to Amid Evil. But otherwise it's the best semi-retro Doomlike I've played in awhile.

I feel the opposite. I’ve been playing tons of retro inspired stuff lately and I think Prodeus is my least favourite. It just looks so boring, the whole thing has a “DOOM 2016 but cheap” look and there’s some really weird design choices that make it feel like it’s still not out of early access.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Prodeus is like 6/10, could be 8/10 if they redid the checkpoint system, got rid of the lovely enemy projectile tracking, and retuned a few of the enemies. The guns and level design are excellent and that's the most important part of these kinds of games to me. Amid Evil looks amazing but I just found it so boring to play.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Too many games with the abbreviation DS

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

At least it's not AC

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

bloodychill posted:

Too many games with the abbreviation DS

And still Desert strike has never been beaten

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Jose Oquendo posted:

Same. I boot it up every couple of months and update the NES/SNES online apps, see it’s been updated with poo poo games and power it back off.

In Sony news: I picked up Last of Us 2 because I need something to watch play while I wait for COD and GOW. It’s pretty good. I already knew about ‘the thing’ and it still hit me like a ton of bricks. The build up to it is great too. Clever of them to use all that lead up as the tutorial as well.

Could have just stayed on the switch and splatoon’d all over the place!

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Jose Oquendo posted:

You’re in for a wild time, enjoy! “the thing” could describe so many moments in that game lol.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Vikar Jerome posted:

Everything on Switch is either insanely expensive, or worse than the PlayStation version so mine just collects dust too. The last thing I played on it was Let’s Go Eevee when that was new.

I gotta stop buying Nintendo consoles at launch. Got burnt on the Ambassador 3DS too. :sigh:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

JollyBoyJohn posted:

And still Desert strike has never been beaten

Yeah it was. By Jungle Strike.

Strikelikes should be a thing. I can't believe so one has really done that.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

BGrifter posted:

Everything on Switch is either insanely expensive, or worse than the PlayStation version so mine just collects dust too. The last thing I played on it was Let’s Go Eevee when that was new.

I gotta stop buying Nintendo consoles at launch. Got burnt on the Ambassador 3DS too. :sigh:

I mostly stay away from cross platform stuff cus of the performance and no chievos thing unless it’s on sale and I absolutely love the idea of having it portable, which I almost never play it in anyway.

I love my first party Nintendo poo poo though, and it’s been a good time on that front, especially if you missed out on the Wii U as well (I didn’t lol)

The hardware power was dire even at launch and it’s long in the tooth now which makes the Switch Tax hard to swallow. But hell, I’m glad I have one.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Nintendo consoles for me are purely for first party/actual exclusives and I always enjoy them for that

veni veni veni posted:

Now I’m really sad it’s not a thing thanks

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Urban Strike my favorite strikelike because 9/11 truths

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI_46s13kDA&t=752s

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Oct 5, 2022

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Neither console has games. Except the switch, the goat platform for true gamers
It's easy to have games when the console is from the previous generation.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
It’s tough to justify dropping $60 (on sale!) for a five year old Mario game when that buys me 3-4 incredible games on my PlayStation. Spider-Man Remastered, Dragon Quest XI S, Ultimate Mortal Kombat 11 and Injustice 2 Legendary Edition cost me around $60 total.

I’m sure the newer Mario and Zelda games are fun, but I’ll take the entire Dark Souls Trilogy over any Mario or Zelda game.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Where is the best place to get cheap PS+ subscriptions? Last year, I got 12 months of PS+ for like $23 from CDKeys.com, but now a year of PS+ is $45. Do I just have to wait for a sale, or is there anywhere that is selling them for a more reasonable amount?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Time_pants posted:

Where is the best place to get cheap PS+ subscriptions? Last year, I got 12 months of PS+ for like $23 from CDKeys.com, but now a year of PS+ is $45. Do I just have to wait for a sale, or is there anywhere that is selling them for a more reasonable amount?

Sony always has a Black Friday sale. You could use that discount and buy it with some discounted funbux from that dude in SA Mart.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Callisto looks better.

Echo Night: Beyond will always be the real dead space to me. From soft should give us a sequel/remake.

PacoPepe
Apr 25, 2010
I see Modern Warfare (2019) is on sale, is the single player campaign worth $20???

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

veni veni veni posted:

Brigador on PC is the only recent thing that really comes to mind and it’s pretty good. I’m kind of surprised they haven’t ported it to consoles. There were a couple other games on PC like that in the early 2000’s where you’d drive a vehicle around top-down and destroy stuff but the Strike games are the ones people really remember.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Time_pants posted:

$40 is the lowest normal price you can get outside of holiday sales or rare discounts. The absolute lowest you'll usually see is now about $30, and that happens once a year maybe if that.

CDKeys and Eneba are my usual go-tos when I'm looking for cheap 12-month sub codes.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
I still have nearly 3 years worth from when one of those sites had a deep sale and I just piled it up like forever stamps

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

PacoPepe posted:

I see Modern Warfare (2019) is on sale, is the single player campaign worth $20???

Yeah it's a lot of fun and looks fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Neither console has games. Except the switch, the goat platform for true gamers

The switch is great if you missed out on video games from 2006 to 2016