Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Podcasts are neat because someone says their favorite podcast is "Crank Bank' and you're like oh a new pod? but it's already got 1000 episodes and theres an entire Crank Bank ecosystem of lesser pods and everyone is looking forward to this years Cranksgiving

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

The Chad Jihad posted:

Podcasts are neat because someone says their favorite podcast is "Crank Bank' and you're like oh a new pod? but it's already got 1000 episodes and theres an entire Crank Bank ecosystem of lesser pods and everyone is looking forward to this years Cranksgiving

gently caress yeah fellow crank heads. Love crank and cranking out

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
The Cranksgiving Livestream is gonna be off the loving chain

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Crank Bank's producer is an NSA contractor who tweeted that Snowden should be assassinated

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

The Chad Jihad posted:

I dunno I'm banking all my cranks for Cranksmas

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
only a few tickets left for CrankBankLive, so if you're within 30 minutes of Albany New York you better scoop those up or we're sending Tom to kill your whole family! *forced laughter*

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The early Crank Bank stuff is loving hilarious if you don't mind the bad audio. Just don't look up why Scott isn't on the pod anymore

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Gripweed posted:

The early Crank Bank stuff is loving hilarious if you don't mind the bad audio. Just don't look up why Scott isn't on the pod anymore

Oh Jesus, can we not derail the thread with this again

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I hated the Jason Statham interview, he really didn't get the vibe of the pod

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
fondly remembering the chapo subreddit and how much the hosts loving hated it

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

The Chad Jihad posted:

i've never really ran into this except when people talk about dollop or the yeah dude show; and i'm like 2000 episodes and an ecosystem??? no ty. i guess if someone told me about welcome to nightvale in 2022 it'd be like this tho

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Atrocious Joe posted:

Crank Bank's producer is an NSA contractor who tweeted that Snowden should be assassinated

Oh with this bullshit again. Unpaid informant for the CIA is not the same as drawing an NSA paycheck and anyway he said it would be *funny* if Assange committed suicide by shooting himself in the back of his head three times which you just bad faith read the assassination part in to a common enough scenario—bad taste for sure though and he should have followed up by tweeting the suicide prevention hotline number immediately instead of several days later

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Uh Yeah Dude was in the game since before GameSpy, the entirety of the decade of Giant Bomb, and have still uploads it all the way to our Common Jartime Era. That Hollywood street theater.

Seatbelts

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

a.p. dent posted:

fondly remembering the chapo subreddit and how much the hosts loving hated it

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ojShijKLdOE

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

mawarannahr posted:

they still got it?

Yep

PostNouveau posted:

I can't believe UYD did like 700 episodes before discovering Patreon and John Larroquette's son was like "yay I don't have to sell my blood anymore".

I mean, they predated Patreon most likely, but drat y'all could have made it your full-time jobs like ... 8 years before you actually did.

I think most of the money goes to Seth lol

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

C-Euro posted:

Does he have the same car?

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

C-Euro posted:

Hey I buy all of my blood off that guy.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

It’s weird that one host of the Crank Bank can’t help himself but talk about the Godhead, edibles, the power of love and psychedelics and otherwise get weepy during his Barbecue Interview vlogs.

He’s come a long way from working on a grounded book about Marxist theory after Warren lost.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

leave him alone! he just wants to barbecue!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

mawarannahr posted:

Does he have the same car?

The Dance is sadly no longer with us :( Seth actually got a cat a couple of years ago and then moved out of the Studio and in with his partner (still in WeHo I think?). Jah moved out to Palm Desert and sometimes streams on Twitch. All that said the show is still as good as ever, even if they hosed up the audio on the last couple of eps.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

quote:

Sorry, as an anniversary present to my wife, she gets to select one awful post to probe for a day. She chose this one!

:chloe:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol that's not even all of it

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Xaris posted:

i've never really ran into this except when people talk about dollop or the yeah dude show; and i'm like 2000 episodes and an ecosystem??? no ty. i guess if someone told me about welcome to nightvale in 2022 it'd be like this tho

the dollop is good OP

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

C-Euro posted:

The Dance is sadly no longer with us :( Seth actually got a cat a couple of years ago and then moved out of the Studio and in with his partner (still in WeHo I think?). Jah moved out to Palm Desert and sometimes streams on Twitch. All that said the show is still as good as ever, even if they hosed up the audio on the last couple of eps.

Evergreen iTunes 5 star review

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

the dollop is good OP

I should revisit it, I used to love it but haven't listened in a couple years. I remember crying from laughing at the death of George Washington ep.

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
i enjoyed the dollop for a long time, haven't listened in a while though. their 9/11 ep is a banger, though blowback has done a better job with it since then

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

AnimeIsTrash posted:

the dollop is good OP
i'm sure it is, not disparaging it

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Dollop idk if it got stale or if I just got too familiar with their humor but it’s not really as funny as it was way back when I started listening. These days I’ll check it out if I have time and the subject looks promising but otherwise it’s a pass

I still think fondly of the Mexican prison break ep idk why but that one really was a standout for me

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
Gaston Means ep had me laughing so fuckin hard

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Dollop idk if it got stale or if I just got too familiar with their humor but it’s not really as funny as it was way back when I started listening. These days I’ll check it out if I have time and the subject looks promising but otherwise it’s a pass

I still think fondly of the Mexican prison break ep idk why but that one really was a standout for me

yeah they have run out of all the good low-hanging fruit and so now they're stuck digging for increasingly more niche poo poo, as a result of which the bits have to do a lot more carrying the weight.

sinatra in australia is an entertaining episode but also just the most niche bullshit imaginable

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

yeah they have run out of all the good low-hanging fruit and so now they're stuck digging for increasingly more niche poo poo, as a result of which the bits have to do a lot more carrying the weight.

sinatra in australia is an entertaining episode but also just the most niche bullshit imaginable

Oh yeah that was a pretty interesting story in parts but I zoned out for a bunch of it

Actually just saw the most recent one is a topic I had to read a book about back in college. Ambassadors in pinstripes. Not sure if the book will be the source but talk about a niche story there. I’ll probably listen and see if I recall any of the story beats

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

KirbyKhan posted:

Evergreen iTunes 5 star review

If the show was run more competently I think it would lose a lot of its charm TBH. I'll gladly take a couple of episodes each year cobbled together from backup audio if the boys can keep being their beautiful weird selves.

I think on the most recent episode they even talk about people making fun of them for still using handheld mics in 2022 lol

E: I'm fuzzy on the details but Jah definitely hosed up a couple of monetization opportunities way earlier in the show's run (pre-Patreon). But I'm also gagging at the thought of them taking ad breaks to hock mattress or online therapy so it's probably for the best.

C-Euro has issued a correction as of 23:16 on Oct 4, 2022

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Ringo Roadagain posted:

man soda is so good. what is everyones favorite soda? i like a lot of sodas but my favorite is probably canada dry's cream soda.

cock and bull

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

lmao what an absolute psycho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRa4AoQYgV4

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Caitlyn Jenner controversy

On July 15, 2015, Berg criticized ESPN's decision to honor Caitlyn Jenner with the Arthur Ashe Courage Award with an Instagram post in which he shared a Facebook photo of Army veteran Gregory D. Gadson (a double amputee who played a role in Berg’s Battleship film) alongside one of Jenner. It said: "One Man traded 2 legs for the freedom of the other to trade 2 balls for 2 boobs. Guess which Man made the cover of Vanity Fair, was praised for his courage by President Obama and is to be honored with the 'Arthur Ashe Courage Award' by ESPN?" Along with the shared post, Berg commented, "Yup."[25]

Berg received both praise and condemnation for the post. He later said he had the utmost respect for Jenner and transgender individuals but released another photo with statistics on veterans suicides, stating, "I also believe that we don't give enough attention to our courageous returning war veterans, many of whom have sacrificed their bodies and mental health for our country and our principals [sic] – principals that include the freedom to live the life you want to live without persecution or abuse.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
Are you looking to Unite the Right or just Stop the Steal? Do it in a stylish turtleneck from Los Angeles Apparel.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
naturally that's the company started by the American Apparel founder who was ousted for being a sexpest

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Dr. Killjoy posted:

new trueanon’s play segment was harrowing

It was good, yeah.

I think the CEDU-related stuff with kids/teens being made to do Game-stuff is even more disturbing to me. As adults, you at least technically have the ability to extricate yourself from the situation (even if there are powerful social pressures against doing so). But as a kid you're completely trapped, and most adults won't believe you even if you attempt to tell them. It's seriously the stuff of nightmares.

That one comic drawn by the guy who attended one of those schools (if someone has it, please link it; I forget where it was hosted) is one of the more disturbing and upsetting things I've read. Basically like the stuff Brace describes, only when this guy tried to escape he didn't succeed. One of the most soul-crushing parts is the time he manages to escape for a couple months, but still gets caught and kidnapped back to the institute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Ringo Roadagain posted:

man soda is so good. what is everyones favorite soda? i like a lot of sodas but my favorite is probably canada dry's cream soda.

Been a long time but my favorite soda used to be