Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

It is amazing I'm only now learning about the Detective Comics video game saga by Louise Simonson. Learn something new every day.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Because DC refuses to collect the important arcs in trades

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

We need to combine Jim Gordon's love of Retro video games with his time in that suit of Batman Superheavy armour.

Maybe have him engage in a YouTube based feud with Two Face. (The man who streams two games at once.)

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

A woman interested in video games and giving you tips?

Why didn't you seal the deal with her, Jim?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Chip’s Batman is loving wild.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Codependent Poster posted:

A woman interested in video games and giving you tips?

Why didn't you seal the deal with her, Jim?

He did

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Open Marriage Night posted:

Chip’s Batman is loving wild.

I was kinda disappointed at first (like, I knew the minute Superman showed up he was gonna get chumped and I'm always a little disappointed when Superman/the JL guest star in a book just to get wrecked to make the point of "whoa, check out how dangerous this new enemy is!") but as it went on I like the idea more for taking the "Batman preptime" meme to a almost ridiculous extreme and making that the villain.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

That’s exactly how I described this storyline last month. Mixing Zur-En-Arrh with Tower of Babel is extremely my stuff. And the first part of Zur-En-Arrh: Year One is just as interesting as the main plot. Great stuff all around.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

TwoPair posted:

I was kinda disappointed at first (like, I knew the minute Superman showed up he was gonna get chumped and I'm always a little disappointed when Superman/the JL guest star in a book just to get wrecked to make the point of "whoa, check out how dangerous this new enemy is!") but as it went on I like the idea more for taking the "Batman preptime" meme to a almost ridiculous extreme and making that the villain.

Yeah, I like how Batman's over-preparedness is biting him on the rear end. I feel like Tynion just did a police state with robotic surveillance in Fear State, but I only really read the Nightwing tie-ins so maybe this will be different.

In other DC matters, I enjoyed Sgt. Rock last week. Given the setting and subject matter it reminded me of Hellboy a bit, and the art was good.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Chinston Wurchill posted:

In other DC matters, I enjoyed Sgt. Rock last week. Given the setting and subject matter it reminded me of Hellboy a bit, and the art was good.

Cool to hear, and it's cool that Bruce Campbell wrote it too.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Sgt. Rock and the Creature Commandos movie/series starting Bruce when?

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Risso's art is so good in that.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Gotta love Bruce.

On the Joker Who Stopped Laughing or Whatever comic,

In the comedy back-up, Joker has the hots for Power Girl, and wants to date her. Feels a bit author insert, but it's good to see Power Girl none the less, and they should give her a new ongoing.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I just read the Joker comic and Jesus how disappointing. It was a real surprise favorite of mine for its whole run. Granted that's probably because it was more of a Jim Gordon story with Joker being around, but I was excited to see if the new one could be good too. But nope we're back to fuckin Joker doing triple digit body counts and poo poo

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Rosenberg has done some books I have enjoyed, but that just makes the other 80 percent even more disappointing. I usually want to like books he is on, mostly it turns out because I am deeply stupid.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Clark competing with Bruce for most children hoarded.

I feel like Jon's design is way too close to Conner's like, that is literally Kon's old haircut :sweatdrop:...unless the electric boogaloo suit becomes a permanent thing.

Whoever designed the twins feels like a JRPG fan

My son Kenan has returned from the war

BrianWilly fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Oct 9, 2022

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Everyone gets a jacket! The 90s are back, baby!

Supergirl's costume is good, but I feel like it would be better with a cape and not the jacket. Conner is basically his 90s look, which is inferior to his t-shirt look. Jon also needs a cape.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

This looks cool. I like this very much.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Jon and Conner are going to be very hard to tell apart when not in costume, and concepts like this work best when you have a decent amount of slice of life/down time/family meal type scenes in addition to the super heroics.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

I want to see how Jon and Conner interact, since they are technically both sons of superman

(Edit: God dammit phone posting)

Siegkrow fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Oct 9, 2022

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Siegkrow posted:

I want to see how Jon and Conner interact, si cethey ate technically both sons of superman

I thought the last Terminator movie killed them off?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

They gave Kara pants. The magnificent bastards.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

I actually quite like the shorts under the skirt costume she's got in the current World's Finest. If they keep that as her "flashback" costume and the new one as her ongoing I'll be happy indeed.

In fact I'm feeling really optimistic for all the Superfamily stuff for the first time in ages. It sure was getting depressing seeing how few non-Batman comics were coming each Tuesday.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I’m so sick of overwhelming darkness in my DC Comics. This looks like exactly what I need.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Beerdeer posted:

I’m so sick of overwhelming darkness in my DC Comics. This looks like exactly what I need.

If you want more of that right now, World’s Finest has been pretty good

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

thetoughestbean posted:

If you want more of that right now, World’s Finest has been pretty good

Seconded

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Also Nightwing and Batgirls.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Nightwing is my favorite comic out right now. Tom Taylor is the best.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Still tradewaiting Nightwing thank you very much DC

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Anyone here subscribe to DC infinite on Android? I want to upgrade to Ultra whilst it's on introductory pricing, but the app isn't offering me a pro-rata discount.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

frameset posted:

Anyone here subscribe to DC infinite on Android? I want to upgrade to Ultra whilst it's on introductory pricing, but the app isn't offering me a pro-rata discount.

It is only eligible for first time users

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

BrianWilly posted:

Clark competing with Bruce for most children hoarded.

I feel like Jon's design is way too close to Conner's like, that is literally Kon's old haircut :sweatdrop:...unless the electric boogaloo suit becomes a permanent thing.

Whoever designed the twins feels like a JRPG fan

My son Kenan has returned from the war

Hell yes give me more Kong Kenan.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
All these new suits and they can't put Clark back in the Reborn update.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Man it sucks that suit got retconned so fast. I also liked how everyone knew he WASN'T their Superman and was readjusting with his family. Swamp Thing kidnapping him and realigning him to a proper vibrational frequency so he didn't suck up all the energy around him.

Bring back the Super Mullet. :colbert:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
When he got that suit he was merged with the N52 Superman and they did a quick soft reboot and he was the original Superman again so it all worked out.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
No red underwear so the suit sucks.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I'm glad they're keeping Otho and Osul around after the Warworld arc. As Lois said recently in an issue it still stings that we were robbed of Jon being a kid so they'll be able to take that place. Also The two most recent issues after Clark's return have Triangle Numbers on the cover and I'm a simple man I see Triangle Numbers on the cover of Superman comics and I buy them.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Madkal posted:

No red underwear so the suit sucks.

I am fully 100% supportive of any gender/sexuality/race swapped character that angers internet losers, representation matters and it's great. But you give me those goddamn red underpants or I'm out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

I enjoy a good pair of trunks outside the pants. I think we all do. It's what we all have in common, we know Superman needs trunks outside his pants. Everyone knows it. Trunks, outside the pants. It's not rocket science. It looks great. Trunks outside the pants.