Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

:gas:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

TenementFunster posted:

jesus christ guys i'm joking. I do not care how you or your neuroatypical friends watch your anime. please stop getting actually mad and defending the works of dub "actors" such as Vic Mignogna.

You bring it up all the time cuz you're a freak who everyone hates.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

MechaX posted:

The funniest thing about the YYH dub is that Vic is probably the weakest actor in the entire series

Didn't even know he was on the cast of YYH. Fuckin Urashima and Bui???

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Ha ha. Vic played Vega in the Street Fighter ADV dub. Perfect casting.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Wait, Claw or Dictator?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Claw.

You know, the one who tried to sexually assault chun-li and gets pushed through a wall

GruntMountain
Jul 17, 2017

Mors Rattus posted:

Wait, Claw or Dictator?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

TenementFunster posted:

lmfao

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

How have you not been purged from the forums yet

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

TheKingofSprings posted:

the secret to my two decades of forums success is not constantly losing my temper by assuming that every single post is an earnestly-held opinion. also, i tend to avoid jumping into conversations just to have a tantrum. DM me if you need any advice on how! :)

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

how the gently caress do you post so bad that even CSPAM won't have you

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

TenementFunster posted:

the secret to my two decades of forums success is not constantly losing my temper by assuming that every single post is an earnestly-held opinion. also, i tend to avoid jumping into conversations just to have a tantrum. DM me if you need any advice on how! :)

this weird condescension is basically a tantrum, just poorly papered over

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Because the Admins are too cowardly to do a permaban despite them being banned more than 26 times over their posting career and having a four page rap sheet.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

“I’m not owned”, I post immediately after my probation is up, in the thread I was probated in, where no one else have been posting in recently.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I know I'm not a mod anymore, but can we stop using this thread to bitch about TenementFunster's posting? Besides, they have to live with the fact that they were Zorak's favorite SA poster, a fate worse than death.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Julias posted:

I know I'm not a mod anymore, but can we stop using this thread to bitch about TenementFunster's posting? Besides, they have to live with the fact that they were Zorak's favorite SA poster, a fate worse than death.

im now calling for him to be gutted

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Julias posted:

Besides, they have to live with the fact that they were Zorak's favorite SA poster, a fate worse than death.

Yikesaroo

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Julias posted:

Zorak's favorite SA poster, a fate worse than death.

Woof.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

ninjewtsu posted:

this weird condescension is basically a tantrum, just poorly papered over
idk if you know TheKingofSprings - i certainly don't - but their rap sheet is a bunch of times they blew their top at people. creepy!

Julias posted:

lol master class :shobon:

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

who cares

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

is there a good summary of vic's court case highlights? there's that twitter thread which is an endless parade of every little factoid about the case but is there any just like, "here's the basics of what happened and also the really funny bits" floating around?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

ninjewtsu posted:

is there a good summary of vic's court case highlights? there's that twitter thread which is an endless parade of every little factoid about the case but is there any just like, "here's the basics of what happened and also the really funny bits" floating around?

i dunno but it has just been a colossal shitshow from start to finish - and we still have a chance for more hilarity if they appeal to SCoTX or SCOTUS. Vic will lose at both of those places and will spend hundreds of dollars on printing costs just for the SCOTUS appeal, so there may be more laughs to come.

e: unless you're allowed to file in forma pauperis (ie you're broke), to file an appeal with the SCOTUS you have to literally send to the clerk forty printed and bound booklets of your petition. when i last looked the printers in dc that handled it charged like $400-500. you have to send the electronic version, too, along with one standard size unbound version. this is also why things filed with the scotus are in such an odd format - they're formatted specifically for the booklets that go to the court. they go through thousands of books a year of petitions for cert and other poo poo. here's all the details if you're curious: https://www.law.cornell.edu/rules/supct/rule_33

if you're granted ifp, you can just electronically file your documents.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Oct 5, 2022

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

ninjewtsu posted:

the ALAB episodes are a few years old, but cover the merits (lol) of the case and relevant law exceptionally well

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022
As funny as it is to dunk on this dipshit for being the failed test case for destroying the MeToo movement... he was simply ahead of his time. Better test cases can and did come along. An anime voice actor is an inherently obscure role, Vic had limited resources, and he lacked support across the industry. No, Vic Mignogna was merely a precursor. Alot of the people who supported him moved along to the flashier, more successful Depp vs Heard case, where they successfully smeared Heard across the court of public opinion with carefully calibrated leaks and gaming of tiktok algorithms. Depp was a far more powerful person with deep links across Hollywood, a beloved teen heartthrob, and star of multiple hollywood blockbusters. Even if he publicly destroyed his own career by being a lazy drunkard on the later Pirates movies. Meanwhile, Heard's career is basically dead after a few mediocre roles and a few lucky breaks, all because she caught the eye of a much older hollywood pervert.

Now, will this movement continue? The chuds are riding high, they've demonstrated their ability to sway social media, and flood the media with bullshit. Depp's good friend Marilyn Manson would like to continue on his quest to destroy his ex girlfriend Evan Rachel Wood, but Manson is a washed up loser who has been irrelevant for far longer than Depp has. And Brad Pitt would also like to destroy Angelina Jolie, but both of them are powerful figures in their own right, and Jolie has been working the scenes to pre-emptively kill Pitt's.

I wasn't posting here when the Depp vs Heard trial was going down, but holy gently caress Twitter and Tiktok and Reddit were loving unusable during then.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i don't think vic was the "test case" for anything he's just an example of the alt right backing the wrong horse - pretty sure there's not actually anything new or unusual about the case from that perspective. this poo poo was already happening before vic started the suit.

i hope getting that stuff about depp vs heard off your chest was satisfying though. as cathartic as following the vic trial has been yeah, this scenario does not play out like this often

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Elden Lord Godfrey posted:

As funny as it is to dunk on this dipshit for being the failed test case for destroying the MeToo movement... he was simply ahead of his time. Better test cases can and did come along. An anime voice actor is an inherently obscure role, Vic had limited resources, and he lacked support across the industry. No, Vic Mignogna was merely a precursor. Alot of the people who supported him moved along to the flashier, more successful Depp vs Heard case, where they successfully smeared Heard across the court of public opinion with carefully calibrated leaks and gaming of tiktok algorithms. Depp was a far more powerful person with deep links across Hollywood, a beloved teen heartthrob, and star of multiple hollywood blockbusters. Even if he publicly destroyed his own career by being a lazy drunkard on the later Pirates movies. Meanwhile, Heard's career is basically dead after a few mediocre roles and a few lucky breaks, all because she caught the eye of a much older hollywood pervert.

Now, will this movement continue? The chuds are riding high, they've demonstrated their ability to sway social media, and flood the media with bullshit. Depp's good friend Marilyn Manson would like to continue on his quest to destroy his ex girlfriend Evan Rachel Wood, but Manson is a washed up loser who has been irrelevant for far longer than Depp has. And Brad Pitt would also like to destroy Angelina Jolie, but both of them are powerful figures in their own right, and Jolie has been working the scenes to pre-emptively kill Pitt's.

I wasn't posting here when the Depp vs Heard trial was going down, but holy gently caress Twitter and Tiktok and Reddit were loving unusable during then.

Uh, this is the anime forum, your lordship

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
perfect place to sound like an anime villain then

well, more wise but otherwise unhelpful ally to the protagonist

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Elden Lord Godfrey posted:

the ALAB podcast goes into this, and how completely Nick did it in the most dumbfuck backwards manner imaginable. the first rule of test case impact litigation is you have to find the world's most blameless, sympathetic actual victim ever. it's why Rosa Parks was a sweet lady, why the Loving v. Virginia couple was a non-threatening white man and black woman, and why the lead plaintiff in Obergefell v. Hodges was a "respectable-looking" old white guy. Nick hosed that all up when he picked a weird pervert with a decades-long history of being a loving creep to just so many people.

all the experienced pro-pervert forces were smart enough to latch on to the guy from the disney movies instead.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

The Heard vs Depp case has nothing to do with the Vic debacle aside from some of the same culture warrior people latching on to it, which is hardly a unique occurrence. It also has nothing to do with anime.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

The Heard vs Depp case has nothing to do with the Vic debacle aside from some of the same culture warrior people latching on to it, which is hardly a unique occurrence. It also has nothing to do with anime.
agreed. it's an example of why you need a broadly-sympathetic figure when doing impact litigation! you don't need any specialized legal knowledge to realize that choosing vic to represent "men wronged by the excesses of the MeToo movement" would be a bad idea. nick did it anyway because he is uniquely stupid.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i think he's probably just average stupid, but stupid people don't often shoot this high and aren't expected to have basically any knowledge of the american legal system

i don't think there's any way this wasn't a massive success for nick outside of his culture war agenda not being pushed forward. dude got lots of money out of vic just so he could have daily drunken livestreams where he rants about whatever he feels like.

ty beard is probably unhireable now to anyone who thinks to google his name so that guy got hurt, in some conceivable fashion, maybe, but was nick actually doing anything before this?

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

ninjewtsu posted:

was nick actually doing anything before this?
not that you can tell, but he's supposed to be an attorney. it's why he called his podcast/stream the reddit-rear end name "Lawsplaning The Interwebs"

Ty will almost certainly go back to being the anonymous and barely-competent trust attorney he was prior to nick dragging him into the grift.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Yeah, they really latched onto the Heard thing. Nick, the assorted ComicsGate crowd, just hundreds of videos.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah, they really latched onto the Heard thing. Nick, the assorted ComicsGate crowd, just hundreds of videos.
yeah it’s hilarious how fast they left Vic in the wind after he kept losing and stories about him being a creep kept coming out at deposition. Sure, Depp was probably even more violent and dangerous than Vic based on the factual stipulations alone, but who would want to cross good ol’ Captain Jack?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

ninjewtsu posted:

ty beard is probably unhireable now to anyone who thinks to google his name so that guy got hurt, in some conceivable fashion, maybe, but was nick actually doing anything before this?

If he was mostly doing wills and estate planning his main client base probably isn't that online.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
On the subject of Nick

https://twitter.com/keffals/status/1577810386744709122?s=20&t=GiPU04s6uG-9n7HVW9hSWA

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
well off to bitchtube he goes

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Skwirl posted:

If he was mostly doing wills and estate planning his main client base probably isn't that online.
the ALAB theory is that Ty was a career trust/transactional attorney who oversaw disbursement of Nick's texas oil family money. instead of hiring a real plaintiff's litigator who would have represented Vic on commission, Nick talked Ty into signing onto the case in a fun bit of not-quite-self-dealing so they could bill against the GoFundMe griftbux.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Keffals is on a roll, lol

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

rip in piss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Ignis posted:

Keffals is on a roll, lol

Midjack posted:

rip in piss