Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Faust IX posted:

The best thing about that ramble of insanity that was being broadcast is the admission that if he goes back on the stand, he has to lie under oath to avoid jail.

Which is loving hilarious for the obvious reason, and then the more nuanced ones that aren’t immediately clear. Having to “tell the truth” or “answer honestly” resulting in him “going to jail” is especially funny, because that means that he’s trying to internally justify a way to not say something so bad that it would be worth the charges for perjury and lying to somehow avoid worse ones.

How can this not be used in ughhh some kinda investigation. Is someone building a criminal case now? They should be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out
Someone pulled the alarm in the garage lmao

Faust IX
Nov 6, 2009
I think that did the absolute opposite of what the saboteur (just go with me here) wanted to accomplish: instead of loving the procedure up, it bolstered the witnesses' words and spirit. Dude is stronger and more determined with his testimony than he was before the (felony) fire alarm pull.

Edit: The scummiest thought just occurred to me. Someone could try and copyright strike this.

Also, grandpa is spry as gently caress at 90.

Faust IX fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Oct 4, 2022

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Scam Likely posted:

This has got to be the result of population wide lead poisoning. I genuinely can't think of another reason so many peoples neural interconnects could collectively snap into such a dumb arrangement upon the sound of Jones's voice.

The world is falling apart, everyone can see climate change and the way the economy is just not working for like 95%+ of the population.

There is a massive sunk cost fallacy in believing that there is some other explanation than "our politicians are so unbelievably greedy and short-sighted they are willing to destroy humanities way of life to keep the Dow above 20k"

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
The loving video, jesus.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

Faust IX posted:

The best thing about that ramble of insanity that was being broadcast is the admission that if he goes back on the stand, he has to lie under oath to avoid jail.

Which is loving hilarious for the obvious reason, and then the more nuanced ones that aren’t immediately clear. Having to “tell the truth” or “answer honestly” resulting in him “going to jail” is especially funny, because that means that he’s trying to internally justify a way to not say something so bad that it would be worth the charges for perjury and lying to somehow avoid worse ones.

The truth Alex refers to is his position that this entire trial was ginned up by the Hillary Clinton campaign, to make Trump look bad for associating with Jones, and basically everything stipulated in the default.

Faust IX
Nov 6, 2009
"May we step out into the hall for a moment?"

Okay. That's interesting. That means it's something so loving sensitive they don't want -any- of the microphones picking it up.

Or they're having a Floridian dispute.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Is Jones scheduled to testify this week?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Plaintiffs plan to be done with their end tomorrow.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I hope Alex has decided to try and fire his counsel.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

It seems that there might have been a curveball from Defense? Like there might be another issue with Jones testifying (possibly not at all?) I think that Pattis might have said he would have nothing after resting.

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?
Per Norm, it sounds like AJ won't be testifying again.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

I knew that Alex would duck like a coward, just wonder why the hell he bothered to fly up in the first place.

Edit: Norm seems honestly annoyed with Alex changing his mind from the on he took with Mattei on sidebar

OneMoreTime fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Oct 4, 2022

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out
Wonder how long the defense will take to present their stuff?

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

crime fighting hog posted:

Without Alex Jones being called again, Norm Pattis has no plans to present a defense from my understanding.

Faust IX
Nov 6, 2009
HOO BOY, WE GOT THE WORDS "PUNITIVE DAMAGES" THERE!

edit: Minor note here. For some reason the Alex Jones is for all intents and purposes FSS charge didn't stick, so it's going to just be against Jones? I thought that was kind of explicitly shown in Paz's testimony.

Faust IX fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Oct 4, 2022

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

crime fighting hog posted:

If they aren't calling Alex I'm sure it won't be long. Alex is the only person who took the stand for the defense in TX. Who else would they call? It's not like they have much of a game plan. In TX and now in this case they don't seem to know if they're even going to call Alex until the day of.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
https://imgur.com/a/14jMlpj

This poor judge having to practice jury face before letting folks back in today

red19fire
May 26, 2010

My guess is he’s refusing to participate so he can continue to tell his absolute imbecile audience that he ‘wasn’t allowed’ to mount a defense. Which would have completely exonerated him, but the globalists are behind it, they showed him their secret plans to railroad him but he won’t play along, blah blah blah.

E: Any witnesses he could call could also be easily impeached by their own depositions.

red19fire fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Oct 4, 2022

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Scam Likely posted:

This has got to be the result of population wide lead poisoning. I genuinely can't think of another reason so many peoples neural interconnects could collectively snap into such a dumb arrangement upon the sound of Jones's voice.

I am very convinced that significant portions of the population have massive undiagnosed lead poisoning or other issues that have severely effected their mental processes and made them more aggressive. With long COVID I'm not expecting this to improve anytime soon.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Improbable Lobster posted:

I am very convinced that significant portions of the population have massive undiagnosed lead poisoning or other issues that have severely effected their mental processes and made them more aggressive.

Boomer brain, and I'm not saying that as a joke. They were exposed to more lead than younger generations, plus getting old means more cognitive problems and part of that is an increase in irritability, decreased rationality, and just generally being more difficult and belligerent. Personality changes for the worse are a sign of cognitive decline, and often the first symptom of dementia

quote:

With long COVID I'm not expecting this to improve anytime soon.

Well, acute Covid might help, as long as they keep refusing masks and vaccines

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Jones clearly has been having increasing issues himself.

Not to bring up Knowledge Fight again, but they sometimes go back to cover Infowar Shows and topics from years ago. I think the farthest they've gone back is 2000 for his Y2K coverage.

He's clearly degenerated. Gotten lazier, less quick on his feet, way more intolerant of dissent and way, way more aggressive and prone to deranged rants.

It's not just age (He isn't 50 yet, though you wouldn't think so looking at him). He's had multiple nasty COVID infections. Clearly at the very least has been a heavy drinker, he's done multiple shows massively, obviously intoxicated before. Don't think he's done that for awhile though. Oh, and he's mentioned, in one of the few times I've heard him make a claim and think "Yep, sounds legit", that he suffers from terrible sleep apnea. Plus god knows what's in half of those unregulated pills and tonics he takes.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Yeah, he was always crazy and an rear end in a top hat, but he used to be functional.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Scam Likely posted:

Jones is the tacky side of fascist pop media and there are plenty of em out there, boomer or not.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
For those wisely skipping the testimony to avoid psychic damage, today featured a witness talking about a youtube video he made with his daughter and murdered son playing the song "What a Wonderful World" together, then playing the video, then scrolling through the comments where people call him a loving faker while the dude wept on the stand.

It was the most brutal evidence presentation I've ever seen.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Looks like Alex pissed off an employee with access to his security cameras

https://twitter.com/DavidCovucci/status/1577478613732970497

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BshqsI2s0kI

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Fentry posted:

https://twitter.com/DavidCovucci/status/1577478613732970497

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BshqsI2s0kI

Suddenly so much about him becomes so clear.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Lol like it wasn’t obvious the dude had serious substance abuse issues until right now?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

It was but it's different to see him waddling back there for more vodka all day.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
just keep the booze at your desk already, jesus christ

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
'Raging alcoholic' is positively mundane compared to all the other lovely things about him and his personality, but sure I'll add it to the pile.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Foo Diddley posted:

If he gives in one more inch he's gonna go straight to turning a snorkel into some kind of booze-feedbag.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Foo Diddley posted:

This is a thing alcoholics do to justify their drinking. Well I'm getting up to walk to the vodka and not keeping it at my desk. If I had a bottle in my desk then I would have a problem.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Xiahou Dun posted:

If he gives in one more inch he's gonna go straight to turning a snorkel into some kind of booze-feedbag.

They have those already.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

They have those already.

A straw? You think he's some kind of limp wristed trendy?

Jones isn't a coward. This is gonna look like a gas mask that waterboards you.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

It’s is simply amazing that he is still alive with that amount of consumption, his weight, and his stress/rages.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Fentry posted:

If I’m making sense of that article correctly, it’s a white supremacist laying claim for the hack. Which is… loving weird? Thought those freaks loved Jones.

Also here’s hoping Jones drinks himself into a stupor and wakes up in a fiery cell with Reagan and Hitler by his side.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

I assume those correspond to commercial breaks. Or staff meetings. And smoking too, god drat.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

funeral home DJ posted:

If I’m making sense of that article correctly, it’s a white supremacist laying claim for the hack. Which is… loving weird? Thought those freaks loved Jones.

Also here’s hoping Jones drinks himself into a stupor and wakes up in a fiery cell with Reagan and Hitler by his side.

White supremacists are a bunch of catty bitches and in-fight constantly. That's kind of Fascism's thing, you know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

funeral home DJ posted:

If I’m making sense of that article correctly, it’s a loving white supremacist laying claim for the hack. Which is… loving weird? Thought those freaks loved Jones.

It seems to be one of the groypers who posted it, who are Nick Fuentes fans that are generally angry at Alex for not being explicitly anti-semitic enough. The file was titled Don't Spy on Your Employees.mp4 so decent chance someone at infowars leaked it rather than it being a hack. Alex still tries to court the groypers heavily and features Fuentes as much as he can but he doesn't seem to have great success at siphoning off from them or qanon types lately as a lot of them view Alex as too tame or bought off