Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Wait, people are actually getting it to load? I got to the main OverWatch screen but nothing was filled in, everything was gray and not even an option to queue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
How do Twitch drop skins work? How do you obtain them?

Cowslips Warren posted:

Wait, people are actually getting it to load? I got to the main OverWatch screen but nothing was filled in, everything was gray and not even an option to queue.

Try updating your drivers. My game kept freezing and bugging out at the main menu until I downloaded and installed the latest nVidia graphics drivers.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

BabyRyoga posted:

Gameplay seems higher skill ceiling for sure, but I wanna say

If you solo queue, you are probably hosed. This game is twice as poo poo to play as OW1 if you aren't on the same page as the rest of your team. Granted, there is one less person per team so that is more likely to happen, but i've had some absolutely miserable games due to no team cohesion. Ultimately, that is why most of the people I know that were heavy into OW1 ended up quiting the game; it got to the point where it was a chore to play anything but a premade.

So the game will just end up falling into the same trap as before because Blizzard learned nothing, its population will drop off to almost nothing, and it'll get rebranded yet again as Overwatch 3. Good to know this now rather than later.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

headcase posted:

Wait DVA EDM skin has musical sound effects while boosting and bombing???
this game is no longer f2p4me

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cowslips Warren posted:

God knows how. I think it depends on where you live and the region server you're connecting to. I've been trying since noon today though with no luck.

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

I said come in! posted:

God knows how. I think it depends on where you live and the region server you're connecting to. I've been trying since noon today though with no luck.

Why? You seem extremely uninterested in every part of this game

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

incorporeal posted:

Why? You seem extremely uninterested in every part of this game

Yeah i'm wondering that too because its obvious this game is still bad.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Waited out the queue, game doesn't automatically fill account name and password. If you get your password wrong you have to wait the entire queue again, good stuff.

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

Life's to short to be trying to play games you know you hate already

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I said come in! posted:

So the game will just end up falling into the same trap as before because Blizzard learned nothing, its population will drop off to almost nothing, and it'll get rebranded yet again as Overwatch 3. Good to know this now rather than later.

Probably. The game is honestly balanced around its own esports bubble that only has enough room for competitive teams; the average gamer will get tired of this poo poo in weeks.

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

doing a lot of well-considered changes at once has allowed them to tweak the core gameplay so much it plays better than it ever has. Not that it couldn't have been just a content patch but it would have been an unprecedented amount of development and testing. The seagull video is dead-on, it's the fallout from a ridiculously mismanaged PvE sequel, except that he completely glosses over just how good overwatch 2 pvp is. This feels exactly like a live-service game's 2.0 patch to the point that they absolutely should have just called it overwatch 2.0 so it wasn't so loving confusing and contentious; there were people mourning overwatch 1 shutting down.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Me, an idiot, an absolute moron posted:

I do not know if I am willing to play this again or not, but looking at the queues, I think I would rather play something I actually like and wait for the release rush to die down.

A totally normal Brain Genius posted:

I already decided I hate this game, but I will queue all day while posting about how much I hate this game.

DrBox
Jul 3, 2004

Sombody call the doctor?

I said come in! posted:

It blows my mind that this game has been running for 6 years, and they manage to screw up a minor patch pretending to be a major update. The literal only difference is that a logo artist put a 2 next to Overwatch. This was a really pathetic rebrand of the game in order to bring back people, and the pay off so far has not been worth it for anyone.

You're kind of a downer. Yeah the labelling is dumb and this should have been OW 2.0, not 2 but game is fun.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Waited out the queue, game doesn't automatically fill account name and password. If you get your password wrong you have to wait the entire queue again, good stuff.

I got it right and it still threw me back.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
I planned to just log in to get the founder's pack thingy and then uninstall, but I gave it a few games and... it's ok? It's pretty much Overwatch as normal with some new modes and chars I don't remember?

I agree that it does feel more "open" now that shields are lessened, but it's kind of balanced out by the fact that now you have two healers funneling everything into one character that just refuses to die. Chokepoints are still very much a thing, and fights seem like they're going on forever because you'll get someone down a decent amount only for them to get a heals and shield stack or whatever. Widow and Symmetra seem like even more of a pain to play against now, too. But, it's hard to take any of it worth a grain of salt since it's tough right now to get consistent matches with all the server issues.

I dunno. If you liked OW before, you'll probably still like this. If you fell off OW before this, it feels like it has most of the same issues despite the 5v5 rework. Matches do seem a little faster than they did, which I guess is one of the reasons for the change, but it didn't really solve a lot of the problems people had with the in-the-moment gameplay, in my opinion.

It has been fun playing D.Va again after mainlining Gundam Evo for the past week, though. As a Turn A main, knocking me out of my D.Va mech just unleashes my true power. I think I've killed more with my pistol than with my bomb at this point.

OtspIII
Sep 22, 2002

My Overwatch 2 experience so far:

Sign into the game. 20k person queue. Stay in queue for half an hour or so. The queue crashes repeatedly. Eventually I hop back in early enough in queue to make it into the game.

Play a Quick Play match, open to any role. Get Tank, try out Junker Queen. She seems really fun!

When the cart is around 5m from us winning the game crashes so hard I have to restart my computer.

It seems fun, but this first few days are going to be rough.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

BabyRyoga posted:

Probably. The game is honestly balanced around its own esports bubble that only has enough room for competitive teams; the average gamer will get tired of this poo poo in weeks.

While this is true, Overwatch has always been and for now still is fun to play in Mystery Heroes and Open Quickplay, even more so now that some of the worst design elements such as shields and 2cp maps have been severely reduced if not removed.

You'd have to be loving stupid to take Overwatch seriously or treat it at all competitively, but it's a fun casual arena shooter and even in 2022 whenever I'd fire it up to play some arcade modes queue times were fast.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
-Get booted from game mid-match.
-400th in line
-3... 2... 1...
-Can't connect to server
-500th in line
-3... 2... 1...
-Please login
-logs in manually
-Can't login
-500th in line

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Lol, I've gotten disconnected from 6 of my comp matches so far.

Wankie
Sep 11, 2002

Look Glenn we're saved!
The battle pass is a loving GRIND. I won a full match and got exactly 250 xp for it. BP levels are 10,000 xp this is insane. Absolutely the worst BP I've ever seen and I play Apex legends, Fortnite, League etc.
Also the insane bug were the game thinks your a new account and locks out over HALF the roster but you still have all your skins and golden guns.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
i'm still blown away that qp queue times are almost exactly equal for each role. They should just refuse to release any other type of hero other than support

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

teagone posted:

Lol, I've gotten disconnected from 6 of my comp matches so far.
that’s just the “Defense Matrix” protecting you from toxic players

xgalaxy
Jan 27, 2004
i write code

Wankie posted:

The battle pass is a loving GRIND. I won a full match and got exactly 250 xp for it. BP levels are 10,000 xp this is insane. Absolutely the worst BP I've ever seen and I play Apex legends, Fortnite, League etc.
Also the insane bug were the game thinks your a new account and locks out over HALF the roster but you still have all your skins and golden guns.

You pretty much have to do the challenges to level your pass at a decent clip.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Wheeee posted:

While this is true, Overwatch has always been and for now still is fun to play in Mystery Heroes and Open Quickplay, even more so now that some of the worst design elements such as shields and 2cp maps have been severely reduced if not removed.

You'd have to be loving stupid to take Overwatch seriously or treat it at all competitively, but it's a fun casual arena shooter and even in 2022 whenever I'd fire it up to play some arcade modes queue times were fast.

There probably won't be a Mystery Heroes; the tank role is fundamentally too strong for a mode where random heroes are locked to be anywhere near playable; you absolutely cannot punish a tank solo anymore, they will win 1v1 duels with any character in the game that isnt a tank.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

I said come in! posted:

Yeah i'm wondering that too because its obvious this game is still bad.

one cool trick to feel better: uninstall overwatch 2 because it's still overwatch 1. namaste.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Mystery Heros is somehow even more fun with the enhanced tanks. You need to focus the tanks a little bit but they're still quite killable

Wankie
Sep 11, 2002

Look Glenn we're saved!

xgalaxy posted:

You pretty much have to do the challenges to level your pass at a decent clip.

Oh I played enough to complete 6 of the 7 daily challenges (3000xp x3). The fact I still haven't hit level 3/80 is crazy town. First day Fortnite you can gain 7 levels in a single match. Even Apex legends has WAY faster xp gain and more days to complete the pass. They need to at least triple xp rewards for everything match/dailies/weekly.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Mornin' crew.
Last night didn't get in, so decided to just wake up early and play some games.
No queue and fun games, although Kiriko's buttons are wrong way around.
It should be Left for throwing left hand damage, right click for the right hand heals. Get it together blizz!!

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Like an arrow, I was only passing through.
Was going to whine about getting home from work and just getting stuck in the "checking for server" loop but tried the Asia region thingy (thank you) and that worked like a charm.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
lol it's saying that my account has been locked due to suspicious activity

knew i shouldnt have given them my phone number!!!

it's a shame that it's impossible for a company to have a good launch.

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

Dumb PS4 question: For six years I've been playing off a disc install of Overwatch. Now that it's F2P can I just delete the disc install, download it from the PS store and it will remember who I am and all the stuff I've unlocked?

DrBox
Jul 3, 2004

Sombody call the doctor?

adhuin posted:

Mornin' crew.
Last night didn't get in, so decided to just wake up early and play some games.
No queue and fun games, although Kiriko's buttons are wrong way around.
It should be Left for throwing left hand damage, right click for the right hand heals. Get it together blizz!!

Yeah I flipped them so it's like Baptiste and not like Moira.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Is anyone on a console able to play at all?

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Sandwolf posted:

Is anyone on a console able to play at all?
have they ever?

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

I played a little bit on Switch earlier tonight, but I crashed out after a match.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
Weirdly enough even though I own OW1 and did the stuff to migrate and all my old skins are there in OW2, I still have to unlock all the heroes

NBD since it only took four games to get Ana but a little odd

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Pattonesque posted:

Weirdly enough even though I own OW1 and did the stuff to migrate and all my old skins are there in OW2, I still have to unlock all the heroes

NBD since it only took four games to get Ana but a little odd

I'd let them know. No reason to go through that.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
yeah for sure. like Kiriko is unlocked and everything, so /shrug

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

For the first 12 seasons in OW1 I placed high plat/low diamond as a support main (Lucio/Mercy/Zen). Played comp for the first time since season 12, exclusively queueing as tank because Junker Queen is so :black101: -- went 7-10 for the night and I got placed silver 5 lolololol. I am a trash tank, lets gooooo. 6 of those losses were disconnects I think... but that probably wouldn't have changed much lmao. JQ is so fun though. Time to climb with her I guess!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Played a few rounds after using the region switch trick to get around the broken server loop. Zen still feels like Zen, Hog still feels like Hog. I am rusty as hell but managed to get POTG on the second match (we still lost)