Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Just wondering: if I went through the effort of maxing out artifact armor in the first zone of Eureka, could I then buy dyeable replicas, or nah?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

there's no achievement tied to finishing an anemos armor set, so you would need to hang on to them.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I've done plenty of Trust dungeons to level them up and farm various minions, and you can see the patterns in their movements. They are very much on rails, following programmed responses to various boss attacks. When something happens outside their programmed responses, they just stand and get hit.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

As someone that just got Keeper of the Lake as a dps with an Actual Sprout tank and healer: There is still plenty of chaos to be had in the new version

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Well now that I know DNC is the most fun you can have at 80+ I'm pushing MSQ again, cleared to the end of 5.2 tonight. 18 Vault runs and no card yet.

lmao my man Urianger made a deal with the frog fae and learned a new spell to try to avoid swimming

Very much enjoyed Undersea Smooth Jazz Dungeon, thanks. Procs procs procs procs procs cooldowns big AoE spinny spinny pretty. Yeah, I think DNC is the DPS for me. Also cool lore reveals all over the place. Sphinx Solo wasn't half bad either.

Had a sensible chuckle at Elidibus infecting people with ambition to destabilize society. And a harder chuckle at the WoL having to owe up to their wandering helpful semi-murderhobo origins. But hey, Emet wasn't a one off and the Ascian Villain Of The Day is clever. Cool. Disrespectin' my soul buddy Ardbert tho.

AUGH THIS FUCKER JUST SLOW CLAPPED US

Y'shtola goes back for that stew, right? RIGHT? DONT DO THIS TO ME

What will you say: selects Giott ten thousand times in a row :getin:

I really wasn't ready for Zenos and his Out Of Armor proportions.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Doomykins posted:

Well now that I know DNC is the most fun you can have at 80+ I'm pushing MSQ again, cleared to the end of 5.2 tonight. 18 Vault runs and no card yet.

It's always nice when a job clicks.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Despite literally taking place in a seminary school, I was not expecting the Scholasticate questline to literally be a high school anime.

Still, I appreciate the level of face rigging they have that let me immediately identify that the clumsy bookworm girl is sweet on the schlimazel.

Good news, inspector, I'm not wearing a subligar this time.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

GloomMouse posted:

As someone that just got Keeper of the Lake as a dps with an Actual Sprout tank and healer: There is still plenty of chaos to be had in the new version

can't wipe the party by blowing up too many large tanks or dropping aoes on the shield generator so I consider it less chaotic

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

There was a hot couple weeks where saying "It's Morbin' Time" got you comms in Aurum Vale.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Although I understand why the system is in place (it discourages running splits for your static since it would be more effort than it's worth to run splits under the current system if you wanted to run full splits, although some people still run partial splits), I am kind of chafing at the loot limitation system, especially in the context of helping other statics in my FC.

Currently if someone needs to fill a slot in their static, I either have to screw over my own static by giving them a single chest, or screw over the static that needs a replacement (depending on if they are scheduled to run before or after my own static). I can potentially create an alt to help others, but then I would need to clear with the alt as well every week, potentially in PF, to keep up with the gear.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It can be rough but getting a book and 1 or no chest is better than no loot and no books.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I still haven't gotten any chests from savage :sigh:
I also had to turn off BGM for progging P7S, it felt like the song was reprogramming my brain somehow. Do I recall that you can hotbar a toggle for that?

the song still plays in my brain, mind you. It's just not getting blasted out by the tv anymore

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
Should just be /bgm to toggle. Same with /mountbgm and similar. Specifying a number between 0-100 after sets it to that volume level, so /bgm 20 sets it to 20%, etc. There's also /master volume as well.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

DelphiAegis posted:

Should just be /bgm to toggle. Same with /mountbgm and similar. Specifying a number between 0-100 after sets it to that volume level, so /bgm 20 sets it to 20%, etc. There's also /master volume as well.

thanks! I'll put it to good use.
I love my weirdo FC. "I just cleared 100gig of space and immediately downloaded 80gig of gpose mods"

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
Sorry, noticed my typo after-the-fact. The command is /mastervolume without a space. Stupid phoneposting.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Vitamean posted:

I could see them returning to it at some point in the far off future for a whole rework of the boss encounters, because they're so crusty right now and as required content they sorta stand out compared to the recently reworked content. Bone Dragon's arena is way too big and conventional tactics completely ignore its mechanics, and someone reading this right now has no idea what I'm talking about when I mention Glasya Labolas' platforms just not being a factor anymore.

And hey, if they made the fights a little harder to sleep through maybe you won't have as many people stripping down to force a level 50 roulette pop (they will still do this)
The CT raids would need some serious love and attention to bring them up to modern standards, but they could eliminate gear stripping and make not snoozefests by just enabling ilevel sync like the new MSQRs: Your gear has been synced up or down to ilevel 60, glhf.

Vitamean posted:

[...] something with a similar structure to bozja.
On that note, another thing they really need to address is Delubrum Reginae. The small group scaling is not good enough. Enabling remote queuing would be a start, but I think they should let chaos reign and put it DR in ADR.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

DR definitely needs a revamp to increase clear rate. Something like Baldesion Arsenal is one thing when it's a capstone dungeon that's largely optional rewards, but locking story progression behind DR feels bad when barely anyone does it and you therefore have to go through considerable effort to get a reasonable group together for it.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It can be rough but getting a book and 1 or no chest is better than no loot and no books.

It kind of only works one way though - a static needing someone to fill in on a Monday can get help and settle for one chest, but a static needing someone on a Tuesday won't be able to find anyone since people will be unwilling to screw over their own static to help another

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Do y'all not have daily DR runs in your party finder? People are always doing them for relics on couerl. And it's been a long time since I've got ct in adr, it's weird. drat near always nier or Aglaia

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

quote:

Speaking of new modes, if you could add any game type, like survival or battle royale to FFXIV, without any restrictions, what would you like to put in?

"Without any restrictions" is quite unrealistic for me, so I'm unable to picture that in my head. FFXIV has its fundamental systems that make it FFXIV, along with its server systems, so any content that would be implemented into FFXIV would have to abide by those restrictions. With that in mind, while ensuring we don't lose that Final Fantasy feel, I do think that the idea of content using blue mages could be interesting. I imagine there'd be a vast field where you can learn blue magic spells from enemies and other players, and everyone would fight to be the last one standing using the spells they learned. It'd be nice if I could make it a reality one day, but for now, the currently planned content takes priority.

YOSHI P WANTS BLUE MAGE BATTLE ROYALE! :pray:

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I've found that if I queue solo for ADR on a level 90 job I rarely get CT, almost always a 70-90 raid. But if I queue with even a couple other people in a party, even if we're all high level (and no one is stripping gear, or so they claim), it's always CT

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Qwertycoatl posted:

It kind of only works one way though - a static needing someone to fill in on a Monday can get help and settle for one chest, but a static needing someone on a Tuesday won't be able to find anyone since people will be unwilling to screw over their own static to help another
Yeah, my static runs reclears on Wednesday: this means that any static that needs replacements on a Tuesday is less likely to get filled by me, because I’m not gonna 1 chest my own static for the entire tier. If someone needs a replacement on a Thursday and they don’t mind 1 chest, I’m willing to help. I wish there was an opt out of reward option that wouldn’t just allow people to run splits incredibly easily, but it seems a bit of a pipedream.

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

After years of dashed hopes, missed chances, and one little girl complaining the stories don't makes sense, the Spinner has finally smiled upon me.

I don't even know what I want yet, but it feels good.

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

Ziddar posted:

After years of dashed hopes, missed chances, and one little girl complaining the stories don't makes sense, the Spinner has finally smiled upon me.

I don't even know what I want yet, but it feels good.

Congrats! I'm still sitting on my gold just cause I think all the mounts are ugly lol

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Congrats! I bought a pig with mine. I'm disappointed it's not bigger (it scales in normal mount fashion, and I play a fem Au Ra, so... not a big pig), but still, no regrets.

Jabbering Idiot
Jun 5, 2013

Vitamean posted:

can't wipe the party by blowing up too many large tanks or dropping aoes on the shield generator so I consider it less chaotic

This. A major difference in normal encounter design since StB onward is that they almost never allow a party to wipe because of players failure to do something anymore. In the very first Trial of the game, you can wipe if you completely miss the Infernal Nail cue. Contrast to all modern trials in which the 'dps check' phase allows you only the relevant targets. In many of the Alexander normal raids, if at least one player doesn't figure out or know to do something specific during the fight, it can very easily lead to a wipe. (e.g. a1: shrinking missiles, a2/5: moving bombs, a4: Nisis spreading/colliding, a6: not freezing the cyclone, a7: the pure heart/certain cages, a9: smelting the robots, a10: traps, a11: EDD, a12: timegates; though many can be ignored with no issue thanks to ilvl and potency increases)

Since StB, normal and alliance raids are instead almost entirely filled with mechanics that each player deals with individually, usually only penalizing the players that fail. There's generally more to dodge overall, and things have more visual tricks going on (compare a8n with o8n; they're both flashy but only one of them lies to you), but fights that at least one person in the group hasto know what to do to succeed are uncommon. The times where you really can unintentionally significantly hurt the raid as an individual are even a bit notorious nowadays: 3rd boss of Orbonne (more so pre-nerf); 2nd boss of Puppet's Bunker.

I think they've become less comfortable with letting groups fail, figuring out why and trying again.

Mordiceius posted:

YOSHI P WANTS BLUE MAGE BATTLE ROYALE! :pray:

Where'd you see that interview?! I pitched that idea on the Official Forums. And here and there... Seemed like a logical step given that they already put in their version of a MOBA pvp mode with Rival Wings.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Savage raiding, you don't need to heal to full so long as you can take the next hit....

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

BLU battle royale could work. Loot spells and use them to fight. Could probably do the same with logograms.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Jabbering Idiot posted:

Where'd you see that interview?! I pitched that idea on the Official Forums. And here and there... Seemed like a logical step given that they already put in their version of a MOBA pvp mode with Rival Wings.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/final-fantasy-14s-naoki-yoshida-opens-up-about-patch-6-2s-success/1100-6507984/

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
P6S reclear, one guy got 3/4 of the drops. I'm so mad, it's really killing my desire to try and prog and finish 7.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
The biggest issue to solve with a blu pvp thing would be the UI. The lost actions are only functional because you have at most two (and regularly one or both of those are long duration buffs) and the rest of your hotbars are unchanged. In a battle royale where you're getting many new abilities, cycling through old ones, and need your hot bars to actually be useful, it'd be a much harder problem to solve. I'm not sure FFXIV could even support everyone having 1 or 2 completely new hot bars which change frequently, I feel like adding that would spontaneously delete the Currencies tab from the game or something.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Every PVP job is currently 8-10 buttons at most including the universal five, give Blu like 8 categories of potential spells and use the Hotkey rewrite set-up most pvp classes use.

1 - Auto Attack. Start with Water Cannon or some other cooler auto. Can find better ones.
2 - Close Range AoE. Start with Gazer or something, on a CD.
3 - Dash Move. Start with Flying Frenzy by default.
4 - Weird Status Debuff. It's BLU so... put it on a long CD but have it combo with the other starter moves.
5 - Limit Break. 25000 Needles or something by Default!
6 - Sweet Damage Steroid ala Primal Spells. These slots start empty.
7 - Sweet Utility Spell like Diamond Back or the Teleport spell. Starts empty.
8 - Sweet Healing Spell. Another stronger slot that starts empty.
9 - Aetheric Mimicry Slot. Starts empty, you can get a watered down version of another classes iconic move and swapping on the fly lets you do higher skill ceiling stuff ala GNB. Works on friends and enemies so when the match starts you give yourself a spell you want, if you're fighting somebody and taking their AM move would give you an edge or a wombo you can do that.

But you get the idea, Blu has a general template of autos that eventually becomes autos with a little twist(applies debuffs, or casts really fast, or is a bit stronger and ranged, or combos if you hit stunned), a few too many redundant aoes that are for hitting elemental damage types in the arena, cool damage spikes from Primal boss kills, etc.

So every slot has 3-5+ possible spells in it(you might need 2 slots for Sweet Primal Damage Steroids) and if you use enough BLU moves you could even have different starter load outs so there's no guarantee a BLU at the start of the match functions a certain way.

Water Cannon that applies Dowsy DoT + AoE Cold Northerlies that does more against Dowsed + Flying Frenzy to gap close + Weird Petrify Move(stuns for 1 second, then slows)

vs Reflux to apply Snare + AoE Horse Laser that does more against Snared + Tongue Lash to gap close + Ink Jet(makes half their moves miss for 4 seconds, so 2 moves)

vs Blood Drain(reduced damage, heals) + Sharpened Knife(melee only oGCD damage spike) + Snort to Knockback + Bad Breath(everything but only for like 5 seconds, long CD)

It's a lot of work though since the PvE Blu spells are kinda redundant and some are painfully niche "use me to break a dungeon/BLU carnivale fight."

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

hell yeah halloween time

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
A BLU Battle Royale sounds like a great idea for PvP, on par with Rival Wings.

Which means that like Rival Wings, it wouldn't be played because it would have completely insufficient rewards compared to Frontlines.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I got into an actual no deaths but cleared P5S at the exact moment of enrage party. In the sixth week. And I've still only received one chest total this entire tier so far. Not even bothering to move on to P6S tonight, the pug life is too tiresome.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

dumb question time: about when (ballpark figure) are we looking at 6.3 happening?

i can never keep track of what the release cycle should be, let alone what it is

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

hexwren posted:

dumb question time: about when (ballpark figure) are we looking at 6.3 happening?

i can never keep track of what the release cycle should be, let alone what it is

patches are every four months

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

hexwren posted:

6.25 is in the next two weeks

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

December most likely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Qwertycoatl posted:

Savage raiding, you don't need to heal to full so long as you can take the next hit....

The minimum amount of HP you need at any given moment is 1. :colbert: