Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

what is wrong with your face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
They learned nothing from Sonic.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Is Dusk different enough from Quake where I wouldn’t just be better off just playing more of the massive content I’ve not finished in Quake? I like the Halloween vibes it’s got but if it feels like a Quake reskin, should I bother?

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Um I didn't find it very Quakey, its an excellent game though

but yes you should go and eat your vegetables (Scourge of Armagon and Dissolution of Eternity I assume?)

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Um I didn't find it very Quakey, its an excellent game though

but yes you should go and eat your vegetables (Scourge of Armagon and Dissolution of Eternity I assume?)

I actually haven’t touched any of the extra dlc. I was looking over my old games and realized that there was all this extra content here. I think this month I will be shooting a lot of things.

Kart Barfunkel fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Oct 5, 2022

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

American McGay posted:

They learned nothing from Sonic.

At least Ugly Sonic bounced back with Ugly Sonic : Uglier Crimes.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Is Dusk different enough from Quake where I wouldn’t just be better off just playing more of the massive content I’ve not finished in Quake? I like the Halloween vibes it’s got but if it feels like a Quake reskin, should I bother?

It's its own thing. To my mind it's halfway between a Build engine game like Blood or Duke3D and Quake. The maps are more the former in that they're mostly set in 'real' places (houses, farms, churches, factories, labs, etc.) as opposed to Quake maps which tend to be more abstract and set in otherworldly dungeons/techbases.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Uh oh. embarrassed to say that picture of super Mario looks like super mario to my rear end.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

It looks like a shaved Osito, the Bimbo Bear.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

mario wearing a collared shirt? is he going to a wedding??? a country club???

Updog Scully
Apr 20, 2021

This post is accompanied by all the requisite visual and audio effects.

:blastback::woomy::blaster:
When would be the best time to get Luigi's Mansion 3 if I want to enjoy it as a Halloween experience?

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Updog Scully posted:

When would be the best time to get Luigi's Mansion 3 if I want to enjoy it as a Halloween experience?

There’s seventeen stages? You could do one a day from the 14th and face the final boss on Halloween?

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Is it me or is movie mario a CGied Pratt with a moustache?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN posted:

The cowboy one looks the most appealing to me, gonna do that one next. Is there an intended order for these things?

There is not. The chapters are listed in entirely different orders in the lore menu, the chapter select screen and the “chapter complete” icons you collect at the end solely so there is nothing from which an intended order could be derived. They only stop short at actually scrambling the menu, which would be annoying.

I have a lot of respect for that.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

SuddenCactus posted:

Yeah, they've definitely tweaked the face so it's more distinctive than Mario's usual ~ageless formless cartoon guy~ look. It does seem to imply Chris Pratt's face but I'm not sure if this is just my brain filling in the blanks. Hopefully in motion it'll be subtle enough to ignore.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Looks like a dude in a Mario Suit

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

hatty posted:

Looks like a dude in a Mario Suit

https://youtu.be/A6cUPPZzKLE

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

bobjr posted:

Mario’s quest to find his lost rear end.

Mario's rear end Is Missing?

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
just testing some stuff out

inconclusive so far

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Looks like Mario just with a little more pronounced cheeks. They pronounced the wrong cheeks imo, but he doesn't look off-putting or anything

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Why am I looking up at Mario? He should never be taller than anyone

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

WHY BONER NOW posted:

You're in a hole and you can't get out, he's looking down on you, waiting to fill the hole with dirt.

Let's a go.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Gaspy Conana posted:

Yeah, they've definitely tweaked the face so it's more distinctive than Mario's usual ~ageless formless cartoon guy~ look. It does seem to imply Chris Pratt's face but I'm not sure if this is just my brain filling in the blanks. Hopefully in motion it'll be subtle enough to ignore.

Just argument's sake, etc, it quite probably could deliberately be more Pratt-like if they're mocapping the facial movements during voice acting just to map things across better onto the model.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Are we forgetting the Super power?!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The whole thing with Mario is the ability to grow and be tall. It's wish fulfillment for Italians.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I've never seen Mario make a sauce or yell at his wife so I doubt how Italian he really is.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

WarpDogs posted:

just testing some stuff out

"It's-a-me, nano-a-machines son!"

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Kart Barfunkel posted:

This is like saying that all platformers are either Mario or Sonic games, and then asking if Celeste or Shovel Knight or something is "just more Mario".

DUSK is a very different game than Quake. It's also very good. From the moment I started it my reaction was "oh, OK, this is good."

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

ExcessBLarg! posted:

This is like saying that all platformers are either Mario or Sonic games, and then asking if Celeste or Shovel Knight or something is "just more Mario".

DUSK is a very different game than Quake. It's also very good. From the moment I started it my reaction was "oh, OK, this is good."

All platformers are just Pitfall-likes.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Looks like Mario just with a little more pronounced cheeks. They pronounced the wrong cheeks imo, but he doesn't look off-putting or anything
They made his cheeks a little chubbier and his eyes a little smaller. It looks a little weird, but that's probably just because we're all really used to the canon 3D model Nintendo's been using for decades. It doesn't look awful, at any rate.

WHY BONER NOW posted:

It's basically this pose.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
There is something very off about Mario's face.

They should just go hog wild & put Weird Mario in the movie instead.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

SuddenCactus posted:

That's the style these animation studios tend to go for. Put a little bit of the voice actor into the character.

Personally I'm finding something about that face very offputting, but I guess we'll have to see how it really looks tomorrow.

It isn't as bad as the original movie form of Sonic was, but... it doesn't look right to me.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I’m resigned to it being real but I really think it looks unnerving. Not a fan of the hyper realistic clothing choices. It really looks like a human in a Mario costume. Maybe that’s a plot point and they’re keeping Mario a player character and removing his agency by having him actually be IRL Chris Pratt transformed into Mario.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

ExcessBLarg! posted:

Yeah, this. The similarities between Dusk and Quake are some of the colour palette, the fast paced run and gun action, and... I don't know, the oppressive atmosphere.

Other than that, they are completely separate. Dusk is a hosed up real world situation, Quake might as well be on a different planet (not a complaint).

Quake is like playing a vivid dream/nightmare, with all of the weird logic that entails. Dusk isn't really like that.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Super Mario vs the Uncanny Valley.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Guardians of the Super Mario Galaxy

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Rosita: i ran away from my father... Thanos

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Honestly, I think it's fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Kart Barfunkel posted:

It looks like a shaved Osito, the Bimbo Bear.

Can’t Unsee it now.