Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

i kinda just want john c reilly to star in another biopic parody, rather than deal with the weird al copy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Walk Hard 2 where Dewey has a completely different life

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Walk Hard 2 where Dewey has a completely different life

right kid died

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Watched Taxi Driver today. Great film, 10/10 wish Hinckley hadn't missed.

what do you think is better: taxi or joker

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Vice Principals is the best comedy show of the past ten years.

Review with Forrest MacNeil

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

I like Frasier

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Review with Forrest MacNeil

also a very respectable choice

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

More Tim Allen’s and less Brad Pitt’s!!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lmao

https://www.thedailybeast.com/hasan-minhaj-on-the-kings-jester-netflix-special-and-doing-the-right-thing-for-the-wrong-reasons?ref=home

quote:

But one of the things I touch on in the special is, I’m not proud of the means by which I went about it, and some of the haughtiness and the ego that I had to just bum-rush an embassy and put myself and my loved ones in danger. And the kind of drunken high and stupor that I had to try to get the great joke. That poo poo isn’t funny, man. You could get a lot of people hurt.

Funny enough, I’ll tell you a story. Even after it happened and the episode got taken down and my Hajj visa was denied, I had this idea where, in Islam, if you can’t make your pilgrimage, somebody can make it on your behalf. So God has created this little loophole. So I said, how can we make a sketch out of this? I feel like this would be kind of the ultimate long con. So I called Nathan Fielder, and I go, “Nate, have you ever considered Islam? I know you love reporting from the field. What if you converted to Islam? You know, Muslims and Jews, we are cousins, we both come from Abraham, let’s just do this. You go down. You make your pilgrimage on my behalf. We come back and, you know, maybe we go on CBS Sunday Morning and let the Saudis know, ‘Hey, no autocratic power can inhibit my connection to God.’” I remember Nate said something that was so chilling now that I think about it. He goes, “Could this get me hurt?” And Matt, he meant it sincerely.

Like physically hurt?

Yeah. “Would this get me hurt? Would they kill me?” He’s like, “Dude, I don’t know. I think the idea is brilliant. I think it’s so funny. But…

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/carver76/status/1577414813420228610?s=20&t=507O84h85i-rH9q7lpwlig
this seems bad

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

show open riffs on the dick van dyke open, but instead of an ottoman he falls off a stage

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

kelsey grammer is a dumb motherfucker so its gonna be about some stupid poo poo like frasier rebuilding his career after being canceled simply for loving america too much

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
what is the "new city"

wrong answers only

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

double negative posted:

kelsey grammer is a dumb motherfucker so its gonna be about some stupid poo poo like frasier rebuilding his career after being canceled simply for loving america too much

100% this

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Frasier's brain would have been destroyed by social media and podcasting in the interim, and the show writers are cowards if that isn't their focus.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

double negative posted:

yeah

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

finally watched the back half of the last seasons of better call Saul. it was ok

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
What I want from nu-Frasier is for him to have a taxidermied Eddie

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

War and Pieces posted:

what is the "new city"

wrong answers only

The Line

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

oh drat neom is a good choice

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Some Guy TT posted:

this guys older relative sounds really gay

one of my most enduring childhood memories was going to the movies with my dad and the brokeback mountain trailer playing, and people being audibly into the cowboys and horse riding stuff. and then it transitioned to the romantic stuff between the two leads and when the trailer ended there was like a second and a half moment of dead silence and this rumble of discontent went through the entire theater like a wave. my dad and I still bring it up sometimes, I'll never forget it

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

probably the strongest instance of tacit homophobia I've personally witnessed. I think it was largely prompted by folks in the audience feeling bait and switched by the cowboy stuff in the beginning, which lmao

Buck Wildman has issued a correction as of 07:57 on Oct 5, 2022

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

double negative posted:

Almost every primetime actor from that era is cursed and I'm surprised they haven't made a Chud Network with all of them already

Kesley Grammar, Roseanne Barr, Craig T. Nelson, Kevin Sorbo, Scott Baio, Jerry Seinfeld, probably tons more. Hell might as well bring back Michael Richards while you're at it

Durf has issued a correction as of 09:37 on Oct 5, 2022

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Kelsey Grammar's personal life is basically Always Sunny meets Frasier. He's more pitiable than hateable.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
love that this is still the first that pops up when you look for kelsey grammer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu-BqOsvj00

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

tristeham posted:

love that this is still the first that pops up when you look for kelsey grammer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu-BqOsvj00

same energy

https://youtu.be/VTlV0Y5yAww

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Lumbering pleasure dinosaur

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Kelsey Grammer was constantly hosed up on set yet was still able to pull it together and be Fraiser whenever they called action. Respect.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

did any of yall see Boss, the kelsey grammer prestige show about him being the evil mayor of chicago? it was ok. good theme song.

There's a bit in the show where he can flip a switch from having peoples ears cut off to polite schmoozy mayor and its definitely a reference to turning on Frasier Mode

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Cheers 2024

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

projecthalaxy posted:

did any of yall see Boss, the kelsey grammer prestige show about him being the evil mayor of chicago? it was ok. good theme song.

All I remember from this show was they clearly got a British actress to play his daughter, and she couldn't sound American let alone Chicagoan to save her life.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

MeatwadIsGod posted:

All I remember from this show was they clearly got a British actress to play his daughter, and she couldn't sound American let alone Chicagoan to save her life.
Obviously one of those upper class freaks who affect a foreign accent.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I kinda thought she was just supposed to be british because her whole thing is speaking with a british accent and running a free clinic for indigent HIV+ patients because "no one deserves the American healthcare system" while kelsey occasionally growls at her lol

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

double negative posted:

this was the plot of 25 percent of the old series

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Frasier accidentally says women have vaginas on his radio show and now there's a mob of burly men with pink hair who want to beat him up

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Frasier's son, a millennial, is now an adult, but, he is unemployed, because he doesn't want to work

also his name is Dustin now

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Frasier and Niles learn of a hot new brasserie, but cannot secure a table for months. When a table opens up last minute, Frasier and Niles must hurry to make the new reservation. Niles offers a shortcut that even the gps doesn’t know, which takes them through the CHAZ.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
https://twitter.com/discussingfilm/status/1577676483191095297

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
i still think about spending a billion dollars on a tv show, and lolling to myself