Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Rad-daddio posted:

This seems like such a paradox. I read a story from a guy who was working as a grip (I think), and he recalled a time where he moved an extension cord that was taped down to the floor, and it stalled production for two hours because the cord had been taped down by a union employee from the set and it had to all be redone and the grip nearly got fired for it.

why do you think the unions go so hard on the poo poo they can affect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mudskipp
Jan 1, 2018

stop making sense
I heard a rumour he's started making jokes about it in his open mic night stand up routine

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
yeah i've heard it's a killer set

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Here’s actual video of the open mic night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoPdKmmAjAA

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

LuckyCat posted:

Here’s actual video of the open mic night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoPdKmmAjAA

:thejoke:

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
YOU SUCK MCBAIN! is laser etched into my memory for all time.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
That man is a menace

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

he should name the child he just had after the woman he murdered, it’s the least he can do

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Haven't read this thread in a while but heard a rumor that at the trial he shot the prosecution, than the judge, then the jury, then the judge again, as he said, "just to be sure".

Confirm/deny?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
confirm

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Ah no wonder he got off. Always a good court room strategy.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Wtf, this thread is still active? Can't a famous actor accidentally shoot and kill a person or two on set without suffering months or years of public humiliation for their little, one-off (hopefully) mistake?

Also he was good in 30 Rock.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

there's a lot on the line for alec. the rule is if he loses at trial, he must also change his last name to baldlose on account of not being a winner anymore.

not only would this be embarrassing, but it would also make depositing royalty checks made out to his old name more difficult.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppR8vsyqp8U

mudskipp
Jan 1, 2018

stop making sense
Having reviewed the HD rerelease of the footage provided by George Lucas, I've noticed that the cinematographer actually shot first.

Also several more alien creatures and robots are milling about in the middle distance.

I think this might be just what Alec needs.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

i wish

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Rad-daddio posted:

This seems like such a paradox. I read a story from a guy who was working as a grip (I think), and he recalled a time where he moved an extension cord that was taped down to the floor, and it stalled production for two hours because the cord had been taped down by a union employee from the set and it had to all be redone and the grip nearly got fired for it.

Even in lowly retail jobs, there's serious rules about the use of extension cords. Moving poo poo around that is outside your job title on a movie set is probably a bad idea!

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Bad Purchase posted:

there's a lot on the line for alec. the rule is if he loses at trial, he must also change his last name to baldlose on account of not being a winner anymore.

not only would this be embarrassing, but it would also make depositing royalty checks made out to his old name more difficult.

I like that this absolutely implies something about baldness for an rear end in a top hat who definitely fauna over his hair, with total plausibility

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Look I think everyone here can agree, extension cords deserve to be treated with only the highest respect in dignity in honor of the greatest of services they provide to humanity, which they do so out of only the ever lasting goodness of their loving, coppery, hearts!

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Hutchins’ husband settled the case and is now an EP on the movie, which is resuming filming. What a joke lol.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
How to break into the movie biz.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
More like

Hollyweird

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Private Cumshoe posted:

More like

Hollywoops

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

It appears Baldwin has settled. And in a case of absolute madness the film is going to resume production (because apparently they made the woman's widower an executive producer to pay him off).

Baldwin Reaches Settlement With Family of ‘Rust’ Cinematographer

quote:

The family of Halyna Hutchins, the cinematographer who was fatally shot by Alec Baldwin on the set of the movie “Rust” last year, has reached a settlement in its wrongful-death lawsuit against crew members and producers, including Mr. Baldwin, lawyers for the parties said on Wednesday.

Production of the film will resume in January, with Matthew Hutchins, Ms. Hutchins’s widower, as executive producer, according to the terms of the settlement. The film will be directed by Joel Souza, the movie’s original director.

The suit, which was filed by Mr. Hutchins, her young son and the personal representative of Ms. Hutchins’s estate in New Mexico in February, accused Mr. Baldwin and the other defendants of reckless conduct and cost-cutting measures that endangered the crew, including failing to follow basic industry standard safety checks and gun safety rules.

“The filming of ‘Rust,’ which I will now executive produce, will resume with all the original principal players on board, in January 2023,” Mr. Hutchins said in a statement about the settlement that was released through his lawyer. “I have no interest in engaging in recriminations or attribution of blame (to the producers or Mr. Baldwin). All of us believe Halyna’s death was a terrible accident. I am grateful that the producers and the entertainment community have come together to pay tribute to Halyna’s final work.”

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

LanceHunter posted:

It appears Baldwin has settled. And in a case of absolute madness the film is going to resume production (because apparently they made the woman's widower an executive producer to pay him off).

Baldwin Reaches Settlement With Family of ‘Rust’ Cinematographer

I guess I shouldn't tell people how to handle grief, but goddamn does he come off as a slimeball with how he's quoted

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

honor the legacy of your murdered wife by entering into a joint business venture with the murderer to be produced in the same facility where she was murdered

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

we got the notes back from the producer on today's scene. says, "um, dont shoot nobody"

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
If the husband gets killed too i'm calling shenanigans

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Icochet posted:

If the husband gets killed too i'm calling shenanigans

standing by to call shenanigans. not sure yet. will wait for another kill or 2 to rule conclusively

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Bad Purchase posted:

honor the legacy of your murdered wife by entering into a joint business venture with the murderer to be produced in the same facility where she was murdered

:fsmug:

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

My guess is they might have had a good chunk of the movie made already and they sold him some spiel like it’s your wife’s last creative work and the movie would be a way to honor her.

And they threw a bunch of cash his way.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
The husband clearly has a death wish.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Lmao goddamn that is one way to get ahead in Hollywood I guess. Wonder if he has any kids that he can sacrifice for a shot at directing next

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

I mean, if my wife was killed in a horrific accident and someone went "well we can't do anything about that, but you can at least be rich going forward", I'd probably take the money so I can at least mourn without having to worry about money.

mudskipp
Jan 1, 2018

stop making sense
Yea can't judge the guy.

Though he might well lose all the money when the next person gets shot and he gets sued as a producer. Alec can start pulling out all the bodies they haven't found yet.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

explaining to your children:

yes, daddy is going to produce a movie with the evil man who killed mommy, but it doesn't mean daddy doesn't still love mommy. in fact, daddy is only doing this because he loves mommy so much. oh, and we won't be having christmas with grandma and grandpa this year but the baldwins have invited us to join them instead. do you kids want to meet daddy's new friend? they have a nintendo!

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

the really hosed up part is that they probably made him and EP with a backend deal, but they'll use "hollywood accounting" to make it look like the movie made no money, and the guy will get 10k and a handshake from the dude who shot his wife in the face.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
He's gonna execute alec baldwin

in

The Executive Producer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Even worse than him selling out is selling out for so little. The movie is a low-budget direct-to-DTV piece of crap, so there won't even be much (if any) backend on this thing. Given its notoriety it will likely be difficult to even sell it to a streaming service. Baldwin is getting out of jail for virtually nothing, and sets aren't going to get any safer when producers see how there are no consequences for homicidal negligence.