Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

DemoneeHo posted:

I (23M) found out that my mother (42) and her client (25M) are having a sexual relationship.

Remake of "How Stella Got Her Groove Back" looking good so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

DandyLion posted:

Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, it's hotmom time!

Enemabag Jones
Mar 24, 2015

Lmao oh, my bad. That makes more sense. Hopefully he's just a dumbass 23 year old from Texas who needs more time to grieve his dad's passing but this is reddit, so him being full Joe Spinell in Maniac is also not off the table.

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006

Post Ironic Cereal posted:

Age gap is whatever but other than that it doesn't seem so bad on the surface. There's no power imbalance and they're adults so I don't get anything particularly horrifying unless I come back later and find out I skipped the part where it's her kid's long-distance online ex or something.

Okay, but if you gender swap this you'll have tons of people calling out the age gap and power imbalance. She was widowed at an age where a family supporting man would likely have life insurance and has a long established career. He is an exchange student...

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

DemoneeHo posted:

A couple of momma's boys today

BF [29m] mom packs his lunch, I'm [28f] losing attraction

This one i really hope is fake, because the truth would be horrifying.

I (23M) found out that my mother (42) and her client (25M) are having a sexual relationship.

Move out so your hot mom can get railed in her own home, you creepy weirdo.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Acres of Quakers posted:

Okay, but if you gender swap this you'll have tons of people calling out the age gap and power imbalance. She was widowed at an age where a family supporting man would likely have life insurance and has a long established career. He is an exchange student...

Yeah but "client" in this case is like whatever. There's no power imbalance or professional ethics issues like say if it was a lawyer or psychologist having an affair with their client. He deliberately chose that word to make it sound skeevier than it actually is.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I am leaning on the race thing a lot more than the age thing.

AITA for body slamming an unleashed dog?

quote:

edit - only injury i sustained I (24f) was walking my mother who is partially paralyzed from a stroke outside for some fresh air.

We were walking around the lake when I saw a dog run out of a clearing with no collar no owner and then I started to realize it was running straight at us.

Im out in the sticks so I assume any unleashed dog is either a working dog protecting property or an abandoned dog that could be feral.

We werent on anyones private property so I thought the latter.

We didnt have anywhere to go and my mom cant run so I have to let go of my moms gait belt to be able to shield her from this bear/wolf komodo dragon dog.

I'm able to grab onto the dog as it jumps up at us and I just slam myself with the dog into the ground HARD and wrestle myself up onto him so I can hold the dog's head down but it wasn't really working out that way he was huge and Im like 115 lbs.

I just held onto its neck and kept climbing on top when I could.

Finally someone runs over yelling

"He's nice, he's nice!"

My question is how am I supposed to know that? He wasn't acting nice.

It wasn't a lab or a cute little labradoodle it looked like a fookin wolf.

Ive had varying opinions from friends that said I should of just waited to see what else would happen.

Am I the rear end in a top hat?

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

sullat posted:

Yeah but "client" in this case is like whatever. There's no power imbalance or professional ethics issues like say if it was a lawyer or psychologist having an affair with their client. He deliberately chose that word to make it sound skeevier than it actually is.

yeah it so patently Oedipal that I can't figure if he hates black people more than he wants to gently caress his mom

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

DandyLion posted:

Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, it's hotmom time!

Cougar runnings!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

DandyLion posted:

yeah it so patently Oedipal that I can't figure if he hates black people more than he wants to gently caress his mom

hey hey now, maybe it's a combo: he wants to see a black dude gently caress his mom.

Nae
Sep 3, 2020

what.

Cowslips Warren posted:

hey hey now, maybe it's a combo: he wants to see a black dude gently caress his mom.

it's 2022; he wants his mom to see a black dude gently caress him

also his dads ghost is there

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I saw that version of Hamlet at the community theater.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Cowslips Warren posted:

Yeah I am leaning on the race thing a lot more than the age thing.

AITA for body slamming an unleashed dog?

NTA. I’m a dog lover but if your unleashed dog is jumping at people poo poo is gonna go down.

MK-Ultramarathon
Aug 12, 2009

That dog one reminded me of a Dear Abby I saw someone post on Twitter a couple days ago, tracked down the text:

Dear Abby: My co-worker made no attempt to control the dogs

quote:

DEAR ABBY: My husband and I attended a party at the home of one of my co-workers. There were about 15 guests.

The problem was the homeowner’s pets — two dogs that live inside. They were allowed to roam freely during the party.

They barked each time a guest knocked or rang the doorbell, and they jumped on each person who entered. They hovered at people’s feet waiting for food to drop or to be given to them.

It felt like we were expected to pet the animals and interact with them whether we wanted to or not. The homeowner made no attempt to control the dogs or keep them away from any of the guests.

I don’t dislike animals, but I don’t want other people’s pets jumping on my clothes, trying to lick me or getting close to my food.

Two large wire kennels were visible along a front hallway, which I assume are used during the day while the homeowner is away at work.
What would have been the polite way to ask my co-worker to put the dogs in their kennels or out in the garage while the guests were eating?

Twitter got really salty about this because it reads like the OP hates dogs which, whatever, but honestly I'm gonna be an rear end in a top hat here and say that, as someone who really likes dogs, I hate being jumped on by other people's dogs.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I mean, yeah, dogs get excited when a new person shows up to the house because they wanna figure out if they're a threat and get their scent. If you're throwing a house party those dogs are going to go loving insane.

My sister's dog loses his loving mind and can drag my niece across the house if he hears the doorbell. I had to pin him down once just so my parents could open the door and walk into the building.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
AITA? I’m upset my step daughter won’t stay at our house and insists on a hotel

quote:

I know maybe Reddit is the wrong place for this, but here goes.

My stepdaughter is 23. She lives in a different city than us for work. My husband and I have 3 other daughters - 12, 10 and 8. They absolutely worship and adore their older sister, look up to her, want to copy her, the whole 9 yards.

We are Christians and are raising our girls with the concept of sex being for marriage. I know that’s not the most common in this day and age, but it’s something we feel strongly about.

Anyway, my stepdaughter has had a boyfriend for 2 years. They live together, which we don’t agree with, but she’s financially independent. For the last two years, every time she comes to visit, they stay in a hotel 25 minutes away (it’s the closest one) because we don’t allow them to share a room here.

There would be enough beds - he could take the spare room, and she could bunk in a queen bed with any of her sisters. Two years ago it wasn’t a big deal, but now my girls have put together why she won’t stay here, the youngest even said she’ll do the same when she’s her age which I was pretty upset by.

Two weeks ago she was supposed to come to celebrate the two September birthdays of her sisters. I asked if she could stay at our house because her sisters have been noticing she won’t. She said no immediately. I’ll admit I could have phrased it better, but I said they were at an age where her setting a good example is more important than ever and she wasn’t doing they. She got offended, we started to argue and then she told me to eff off, she’s not coming.

She didn’t come, which her sisters were upset by since she had said she would. She sent them a gift and gave them a call. When they asked why she didn’t come, she specifically said it was because I was rude to her, so my girls were then mad at me. I sent her a text telling her I didn’t appreciate it, she texted back “I don’t care” and we haven’t spoken since.

Was ITA for making that request? I’m kind of blown away it’s turned into such a big thing, but sad that she’s already said she’s not coming for our other daughter’s November birthday and I don’t know how to make it right.

one kid down, three to go. maybe jesus will visit you in the retirement home

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

I like the casual acknowledgment that they would use money to control her if they could.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
you guys just don't get it. she has violated the sacred bond between personal trainer and client.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I think it is creepy for OP to snoop around his mom’s sex life, but also creepy for mom to gently caress an exchange student half her age.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

kdrudy posted:

I like the casual acknowledgment that they would use money to control her if they could.
Yeah, you could definitely hear OP's teeth grinding when she wrote "They live together, which we don’t agree with, but she’s financially independent."

I'm also digging the amount left unsaid in the phrase "I’ll admit I could have phrased it better, but"

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Kurieg posted:

My sister's dog loses his loving mind and can drag my niece across the house if he hears the doorbell. I had to pin him down once just so my parents could open the door and walk into the building.
how the hell does every dog know what a doorbell means anyway, is it something about the stereotypical doorbell noise? Like even when a doorbell's on TV my dog will go nuts and he's not usually a go-nuts type.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I always love how these Christians always seem to focus on the no sex before marriage deal, but are usually okay with lying, cheating, eating seafood, wearing clothes with mixed fibers, even stealing to a degree, but put your dilly in a whoohoohoo and that is where God and we draw the line!

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Somebody pointed out in the comments that Jesus explicitly disapproved of divorce.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Somebody pointed out in the comments that Jesus explicitly disapproved of divorce.

I had to see if they replied to this, and of course the only time they replied was to the one non-YTA comment suggesting that the daughter shared some blame

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

DACK FAYDEN posted:

how the hell does every dog know what a doorbell means anyway, is it something about the stereotypical doorbell noise? Like even when a doorbell's on TV my dog will go nuts and he's not usually a go-nuts type.

Yeah it's a real mystery. Maybe we could perform some sort of scientific study to see if dogs can learn to associate specific events they look forward to, like new people appearing at the house, with the sound of a bell.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
hell, no sex before marriage? what if youre not sexually compatible? what if the dude has a baby dick? youre just stuck with them?

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

Post Ironic Cereal posted:

Age gap is whatever but other than that it doesn't seem so bad on the surface.

I guess but if the genders had been flipped there would have been outrage for sure. I'm almost embarrassed to point it out because it's so often bandied about by sexist shitlords, but all other things being equal, a relationship between someone in their early forties and in their mid-twenties is at least worthy of a few raised eyebrows.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

DeeplyConcerned posted:

hell, no sex before marriage? what if youre not sexually compatible? what if the dude has a baby dick? youre just stuck with them?

Why would that matter when the purpose of sex is to keep cranking out babies?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I feel like there was a post quoted in one of these thread iterations years ago literally saying that, yes. Some incel ranting that premarital sex was unfair to men with tiny dicks because otherwise they'd never get married.

I also remember that post with the lady who waited until marriage and then discovered that her husband was some kind of feeder freak who could only get off if there was a bucket of chicken wings in the bed with them

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

DeeplyConcerned posted:

Yes. This is why there used to be so many jokes and comedy bits about hating your spouse. The idea that if your relationship is unhappy you can just break up and try again, and that you should try to figure out if this will happen before major, life-altering commitment, is a relatively modern development

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard
My ex-wife and I were devoutly religious and got married before we did the deed. We ended up being sexually compatible though which was partly luck, and partly because we at least discussed it beforehand.

"How important is sex to you and what does it mean"
"How often do you think you'll want to have sex"
"What if you want to have sex and I don't, what do we do then"
"What's your best guess on sexual acts you want to do or have done to you. What do you want to try"
"Is there any stuff you know for sure you won't want to do"
"Do we want to use protection and if so what kind"

I once told this to a co-religionist who was having marriage problems and he was blown away. "Wow we should have done that, I'd at least have had some idea of what I was signing up for".

What do a couple virgins know about sex, for sure. But it at least lets you find out that your partner is only interested in procreation and they won't gently caress you unless it's conception time. Which had happened to one of her aunts- spent decades frozen out of intimacy because her husband was a procreation-only man.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

DeeplyConcerned posted:

you guys just don't get it. she has violated the sacred bond between personal trainer and client.

Sounded more to me like she established that bond. :v:

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

DeeplyConcerned posted:

80s movies told me that’s what a personal trainer was for in the first place

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

hawowanlawow posted:

you can read a bunch of relationship advice and lol at humanity and maybe get a little wiser, or you can read a bunch of relationship advice and learn to use the lingo to manipulate people into giving you what you want

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Pope Hilarius II posted:

I guess but if the genders had been flipped there would have been outrage for sure. I'm almost embarrassed to point it out because it's so often bandied about by sexist shitlords, but all other things being equal, a relationship between someone in their early forties and in their mid-twenties is at least worthy of a few raised eyebrows.

If the genders were flipped, the weirdest (and frankly probably racist) part of the story by far would still be the daughter stalking her widowed dad to figure out his relationship status with the exchange student.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

It was never clear to me what scar could have done even if he had no murderous intent in that situation. Bite Mufasa's paw and pull? That seems unlikely to be able to get enough leverage and painful besides.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Mr. Lobe posted:

It was never clear to me what scar could have done even if he had no murderous intent in that situation. Bite Mufasa's paw and pull? That seems unlikely to be able to get enough leverage and painful besides.
I think he probably could have helped keep Mufasa hanging there until after the stampede passed, then let him drop.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

Yeah it's a real mystery. Maybe we could perform some sort of scientific study to see if dogs can learn to associate specific events they look forward to, like new people appearing at the house, with the sound of a bell.

Settle down there, Schrödinger

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

PetraCore posted:

I think he probably could have helped keep Mufasa hanging there until after the stampede passed, then let him drop.

Or hold him and wait until Sora, Donald, and Goofy could come around and use magic to save Mufasa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Scar had his lackeys start the stampede.