Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

mbt posted:

what is the limit for how long of a game we can suggest

i want to say something like raidou 2 but thats 20+ hours rushing it

I think it's kinda effected by the length of the one before your pick tbh, I wouldn't want to do 2 month-long rpgs back to back, but one every now and then aint bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

got my shortlist of picks ready to go

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

Leadthumb posted:

This scared this poo poo out of me, I couldn't even move lmao

Spoiler kinda.
https://imgur.com/KyCqnjL

The first one got me the same way

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

That Little Demon posted:

First winner is Arch Nemesis

please send me the game you want and some challenges. Thanks!

Ok.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Plebian Parasite posted:

I think it's kinda effected by the length of the one before your pick tbh, I wouldn't want to do 2 month-long rpgs back to back, but one every now and then aint bad.

Just need to be sensible with your choice really. I was thinking of some DOS stuff for my pick but if it was this round I wouldn't have gone straight in for something infuriating and ancient again immediately lol

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Just need to be sensible with your choice really. I was thinking of some DOS stuff for my pick but if it was this round I wouldn't have gone straight in for something infuriating and ancient again immediately lol
yeah i've got a bunch of different ideas circulating in my head ranging from "the best snes game ever made why has nobody picked this yet" to "weird janky dos platformer" to "2000s-era freeware weirdness that i never finished". just gotta see what else has happened.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

2000s era freeware ftw

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

trying to jack off posted:

2000s era freeware ftw

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

The Kins posted:

yeah i've got a bunch of different ideas circulating in my head ranging from "the best snes game ever made why has nobody picked this yet" to "weird janky dos platformer" to "2000s-era freeware weirdness that i never finished". just gotta see what else has happened.

weird janky dos platformer does not go over well in my experience lol

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

also all of them besides keen are pretty bad. the old dukes arent great, Cosmos cosmic adventure sucks, crystal caves is boring, and secret agent is just a reskin of crystal caves

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mbt posted:

i alwys assumed you picked it because that was elden ring week and no one wanted to play game club...

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

mbt posted:

i will make mystic towers look decent

this is my pledge/curse

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Dangerous Dave is fun though

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Fungah! posted:

i alwys assumed you picked it because that was elden ring week and no one wanted to play game club...

I had a hazy recollection of the game and knew it was pretty short and most people would skip, yeah. the music is still great though.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Being introduced to games I would have probably never played on my own has been really cool, and mystic towers was a good example of that

mbt posted:

the music is still great though.

this too

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Sub-Actuality posted:

Being introduced to games I would have probably never played on my own has been really cool, and mystic towers was a good example of that

this too

I’m sorry for making you play bomberman 64 lol

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

The Kins posted:

i will make mystic towers look decent

this is my pledge/curse

Please not Mega Man DOS. Or maybe please yes Mega Man DOS. . .?

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

I got the tude now posted:

I’m sorry for making you play bomberman 64 lol

lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

OP has deputized me to run the club this week, new game incoming shortly

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Sub-Actuality posted:

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Sub-Actuality posted:

You do all the work anyway lol

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

lol

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Lol

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

I got the tude now posted:

You do all the work anyway lol
Lol

copy
Jul 26, 2007

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

lol

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Game 22

Nightshade (NES) - 1992 - Deadline 10/12/22 11:59EST

Deathtraps! Superheroes! Egyptian symbology! Noir adventure! Somebody named Waldo P. Schmeer!

Metro City's greatest hero, Vortex, has been killed at the hands of the city's numerous street gangs. Without his protection, the city falls into mayhem and turf wars. Seizing the opportunity, the notorious villain Sutekh asks the warring gangs if they can dig it (they can), and a new unified crime empire is born. A vigilante named Mark decides to take the law into his own hands, dons his trenchcoat and a much better name, and sets off to bring down the crime lords of Metro City once and for all as NIGHTSHADE.

Nightshade (full title: Nightshade Part 1: The Claws of Sutekh) is a combination action and point-and-click adventure game developed by Beam Software and published by Ultra Games. The game was meant to be the first part in a series, but no sequels were ever made; however, it served as the basis for the SNES version of Shadowrun.

In addition to adventure & action sequences, you'll need to manage Nightshade's popularity with Metro City's citizens - you can access certain areas only if the populace regards you as a true hero.

OST by Marshall Parker:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Kc1eFKf63s

Link to the game manual:

Trophies for this week:

: Beat the game

: Protect all four Artifacts and complete the Staff of Ra

Game starts 10/6/22 12AM EST

Good luck!

Sub-Actuality fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Oct 5, 2022

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

drat, that looks neat

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

whoa

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Whoa cool

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

I remember seeing ads for this game but never got a chance to actually play it. Looks cool

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Really cool imagery for the nes, can't wait to play this.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Link to the game manual:

e: also forgot to mention - the NES version is included with Nintendo Switch Online, and there's a $3 PC version available on Steam (thanks Arch)

Sub-Actuality fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Oct 5, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
Looks badass