Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Today's going to be a long day at work before I can watch the new episode. :(

I want to go in as blind as possible, but I hope it's good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

This show has been killing it with the mom characters.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Heh I almost completely missed the reference to the Coaxium heist from Solo this episode

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Interesting that Mon Mothma's daughter is named Lieda - that was also the name of her daughter in the Legends continuity, so they may also include her son Jobin at some point. He ended up fighting with the Rebels on Hoth and was the "Imperial troops have entered the base" guy.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Cross-Section posted:

Heh I almost completely missed the reference to the Coaxium heist from Solo this episode

Was it a reference to THAT? I'd imagine that poo poo gets stolen all the time by the Rebels.

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013
I had things to say about the episode, but now I'm too busy thinking about collaborator Jar Jar. It's been almost 20 years, the world is ready for more Jar Jar.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Jose Oquendo posted:

Was it a reference to THAT? I'd imagine that poo poo gets stolen all the time by the Rebels.

Dedra specifically mentioned Kessel in that list of random high-profile thefts so I'm betting that is indeed what she is referring to

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Robot Style posted:

Interesting that Mon Mothma's daughter is named Lieda - that was also the name of her daughter in the Legends continuity, so they may also include her son Jobin at some point. He ended up fighting with the Rebels on Hoth and was the "Imperial troops have entered the base" guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDFzPHxHZO0

Glah
Jun 21, 2005

Vintersorg posted:

drat, good eye!

My first thought was that it was a larger puzzle box from Hellraiser. But I guess it being jedi box makes more sense lol.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/1577690080315002885?s=20&t=ZqRLZ_6Ng8rTkR0YsOk_Bw

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Glah posted:

My first thought was that it was a larger puzzle box from Hellraiser. But I guess it being jedi box makes more sense lol.

A bizarre promo for Hellraiser out next week. :lol:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Vintersorg posted:

drat, good eye!

The holocrons from Galaxy's Edge are much smaller :(

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Maybe some are different sizes.

More knowledge? Who knows, haha.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Alan Smithee posted:

they are setting him up to be a tweeest traitor so hard

I don't think they are. Cassian is probably completely right: all of the people in this cell are different, and they have different reasons for wanting to rebel. Luthen was wanting to call off the raid before finding Cassian because he clearly didn't trust their chances, and Cassian correctly identifies that they don't know what they're doing with really vital parts of the plan. Their nervousness wasn't just about having a guy slotted in suddenly, but because they're all terrified and looking for a reason to stay home.

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001

Vintersorg posted:

Jesus. I love this show. Any other movies and TV shows have a ton to make up for. Like, there's no going back to the garbage of Boba and Obi-Wan. Even Mando needs to step it up big time.

Agreed. It's like there are finally some adults in charge.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I didn't like this episode as much as the previous ones but I think it's mostly just the bad experience of not waiting for batches of episodes really kicking in. Maybe this is splitting hairs but blue milk and holocrons the size of an xbox feel a little beneath this show

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Andor continues to whip rear end. I definitely think they could have benefited from releasing the episodes in groups of 3, but I was still enthralled by the story in this one. Mostly im just still incredulous that we're getting such good writing and acting and everything in a star wars show.

Turning the Tie Fighter into one of the scariest things in existence is great, and I cannot wait for the Heist.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I like that the TIE was diegetically loud. If its signature sound is going to be a throaty banshee wail then it's appropriate for characters to want to cover their ears as one flies by.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Necrothatcher posted:

Also the Sankara Stones from Temple of Doom.

lmao good catch

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

"I already hated the empire, now i don't know the word for how I feel" is a line thats too good to be in star wars

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

sign me up for team "Baby Lenin gets got next ep"

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

i say swears online posted:

sign me up for team "Baby Lenin gets got next ep"

One of the trailers shows him getting medical attention from an alien doctor, so something happens to him.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Jerkface posted:

"I already hated the empire, now i don't know the word for how I feel" is a line thats too good to be in star wars

"The axe forgets but the tree remembers" is pretty good too. Then the reveal that his bro was a tree farmer :discourse:

The littlest idealist is so loving dead next week.

I didn't give a poo poo about if this was slow in terms of plot because I thought the character drama was excellent and also I love this show continues to show us interesting and mundane details of life in the Galaxy Far Far Away. "oooh that's how people ride in cars in Star Wars" and "oooh this is how you get nagged by your mom in Star Wars" and "oooh this is how teenage girls are surly and awful to their mothers in Star Wars".

I was assuming the kyber crystal would be some big chekovian reveal (worried that it was going to be used for lightsaber purposes) but I guess this was its purpose....or so they want us to believe *a trapped Cassian eyes a clearly damaged, kyber-less lightsaber hilt in the storage room where he is hiding*

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I feel like the part that felt the weakest this time was imperial lady subplot. I don't know what was really added by her scenes this time except that she is probably on nazi amphetamines

No Mods No Masters fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Oct 5, 2022

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

zoux posted:

"The axe forgets but the tree remembers" is pretty good too. Then the reveal that his bro was a tree farmer :discourse:

Having part of your story be that a guys brother got so hosed up by the empire that he commits suicide is pretty dark for a disney plus show!

Episode title is "The Axe Forgets" too - I really hope Episode 6 or 12 is "The Tree Remembers"

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Jerkface posted:

Having part of your story be that a guys brother got so hosed up by the empire that he commits suicide is pretty dark for a disney plus show!

Episode title is "The Axe Forgets" too - I really hope Episode 6 or 12 is "The Tree Remembers"

Andor starting a huge brawl by saying "Tt doesn't sound like the Empire technically killed him, does it?"

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Seems as good a reason to rob the Imperials as any

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

there's a distinct lack of aliens in the heist crew

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Alan Smithee posted:

there's a distinct lack of aliens in the show

I feel like this is more accurate, maybe there were some in the background

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010

No Mods No Masters posted:

I feel like the part that felt the weakest this time was imperial lady subplot. I don't know what was really added by her scenes this time except that she is probably on nazi amphetamines

I have the feeling she will intersect with either Syria Karn's or Mon Mothma's plots soon. Karn doesn't seem willing to let the hunt for Cassian go. In the meantime I think she is supposed to be a perspective on what the Imperials are seeing while Andie steals stuff, Mon Mothma goes to dinner parties, and Luthen moves from one world to another.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Alan Smithee posted:

*a barefoot chewbacca guy splitting the seams of his imperial uniform disguise let's out a growl.*

"This is private Rwrrrookk. He's from the other carrison."

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Booooo, I was promised a dinner party. I demand the dinner party.

drat, just when I thought Mon's homelife sucked enough as it is, along comes moody daughter to amp it up.

I like that, even on Ferrix, we haven't seen a single Stormtrooper yet, just ordinary looking uniform dudes. When they inevitably do pop up, it's going to be a moment to dread, not the comically bad shots we're used to for sure.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Owlbear Camus posted:

*a barefoot chewbacca guy splitting the seams of his imperial uniform disguise let's out a growl.*

"This is private Rwrrrookk. He's from the other carrison."

Andor: "nonono this isn't going to work. He's left handed"

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Alan Smithee posted:

Imperials are suuuuuper racist.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

zoux posted:

Imperials are suuuuuper racist.

Makes me wonder what percentage of the galactic population is made up by humans vs other

Isometric Bacon
Jul 24, 2004

Let's get naked!
This is perhaps a me and my partner thing, but looking up the actor who plays the imperial intelligence agent who visited the garrison this episode revealed he was the one who did the voice for Budge in the green screen / puppet show Big Babies.

So now whenever he appears on screen we expect he's interrogating townsfolk for biscuits.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

pik_d posted:

I feel like this is more accurate, maybe there were some in the background

this is weird little guy erasure

Ferrix featured that trio of little weird guys who almost got killed by Syril and this weird little guy, the master troll:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

With the exception of Thrawn, I'm struggling to recall any SW alien in Imperial garb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

pik_d posted:

Makes me wonder what percentage of the galactic population is made up by humans vs other

I remember there being some offhand mention in the old EU that humans were by far the most common species. Something like that they bred faster than a lot of species and were far more adaptable to a range of environments, so they spread everywhere.