Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

Boy I almost out thunk myself but I started Clyde

I, somehow, did not start CEH.

They would have been the difference between assuredly beating the top team this week vs *maybe* defeating the top team based on Kupp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

All the reasons to not start him were there--his touches were declining, he rushed for 0 yards against an inferior defense the week prior, Tampa Bays run defense is very good, the Mahomes-Brady thing. I really need six points and can still choose between cam Akers and Jeff Wilson. I guess week one means I have to go with Wilson.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

All the reasons to not start him were there--his touches were declining, he rushed for 0 yards against an inferior defense the week prior, Tampa Bays run defense is very good, the Mahomes-Brady thing. I really need six points and can still choose between cam Akers and Jeff Wilson. I guess week one means I have to go with Wilson.

I'd go Wilson here too. Not touching the Rams backfield situation.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

0.5 PPR, flex position

Lockett @ NO
Mostert @ NYJ

My instinct says Mostert, since Saints in theory can cover well and you know, the Jets.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Russell Wilson vs IND on Thursday, or
Trevor Lawrence vs HOU?

I can't believe it but I'm leaning TLaw.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

shirts and skins posted:

Trevor Lawrence vs HOU?

I'm on the same boat but with Goff or some other WW pickup.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

PPR, Pick 3:
CMC vs SF
Breece Hall vs Mia
Fournette vs Atl
Sanders @ Ari

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Gully Foyle posted:

0.5 PPR, flex position

Lockett @ NO
Mostert @ NYJ

My instinct says Mostert, since Saints in theory can cover well and you know, the Jets.

I'm going Mostert here but I was burned by Lockett being massive boom or total bust 2-3 years ago so I can never trust him again.

shirts and skins posted:

Trevor Lawrence vs HOU?

TLaw for sure. The Broncos offense is not good. I'll admit I feel like I'm YOLO-ing it with starting TLaw and dropping Rodgers this week.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

PPR, Pick 3:
CMC vs SF
Breece Hall vs Mia
Fournette vs Atl
Sanders @ Ari

I'm benching Fournette here but really like these options. Probably will be burned by Sanders coming cratering back down to earth. (Also on my "guys I will never trust again :qq:" list)

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Dango Bango posted:

I'm benching Fournette here but really like these options. Probably will be burned by Sanders coming cratering back down to earth. (Also on my "guys I will never trust again :qq:" list)
I was not inclined to draft Sanders but he fell really far so I took a flyer on him and now he's been on my bench for the good weeks and playing in the bad weeks so I'm really torn. CMC is a must start unless i hear compelling reasons not to start him, I like Lenny against Atlanta, and I'm iffy on Hall vs Mia because even with Bridgewater in at QB Miami might race off to a big lead and get away from the run, and Sanders against Ari sounds like a good matchup so I expect him to do jack poo poo but I feel like he should play. Blegh.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

shirts and skins posted:

Trevor Lawrence vs HOU?

I believe it, the Broncos offense is a mess right now. TLaw for sure.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

QB:
Goff @ NE or Wentz vs Ten?
Goff has been on fire but the Titans D presents the better matchup.

I seem to have all the backup RBs for guys who got hurt... 0.5 PPR - pick 1 for RB, and 1 for Flex:

Melvin Gordon III vs Ind (Thurs)
Nyheim Hines @ Den (Thurs)
James Conner vs Phi
Tyler Allgeier @ TB
Isiah McKenzie vs Pit
Devin Duvernay vs Cin
Josh Reynolds @ NE

Varg fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Oct 5, 2022

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

WR2 for the week, .5ppr:

Diontae Johnson @ BUF
Romeo Doubs vs NYG
Juju Smith-Schuster vs LV
Garrett Wilson vs MIA

Currently leaning Doubs

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I picked Nyheim Hines up off waivers for this week to deny my JT owning opponent and I'm very tempted to start him in my flex slot to rub it in.

My other main options for flex are Chris Olave, AJ Dillon and Tyler Lockett. What's the best option under standard scoring?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
With how the Colts are struggling I don't think Hines is much of a taunt.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Party Boat posted:

I picked Nyheim Hines up off waivers for this week to deny my JT owning opponent and I'm very tempted to start him in my flex slot to rub it in.

My other main options for flex are Chris Olave, AJ Dillon and Tyler Lockett. What's the best option under standard scoring?

The Colts haven't been able to get an effective running game going with JT, don't think Hines is going to do much against Denver. I'd wait and see what's going on with Michael Thomas, if he's out I'd probably go Olave.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

My team is a nightmare this week. 0.5 PPR

I think I'm benching Swift for Williams regardless but him and Chase are probably the only two I have "locked in" right now. I suppose if Montgomery is still out then Herbert might be a lock as well.

nollij
Aug 30, 2006

Wait, wait, wait...

When did this happen?!?
James Robinson or Melvin Gordon in 0.5 ppr?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

JK Dobbins, DJ Moore, Elijah Moore, Jeff Wilson or Amari Cooper for my full PPR flex?

(Ekeler, Najee, Tyreek, Olave already slotted in the starting lineup)

how is this team 1-3

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

IcePhoenix posted:

My team is a nightmare this week. 0.5 PPR

I think I'm benching Swift for Williams regardless but him and Chase are probably the only two I have "locked in" right now. I suppose if Montgomery is still out then Herbert might be a lock as well.
If by nightmare you mean "too many good options" then yes I agree :v:

I would consider putting Breece Hall in if Swift plays, but if Swift is out I'd lean keeping Jamaal in.

nollij posted:

I like JRob against the Texans because they're bad and JRob is good and amazing and my friend but Gordon will probably get like 90% of the snaps at RB for Denver so I dont think anyone would blame you for playing him. If it were me and I wasnt being a JRob fanboy I'd still lean JRob because there is uncertainty about if Gordon will fumble a lot or actually get 90% of the snaps or the Broncos offense will implode again.

edit: The Colts are short Darius Shaq Leonard but I think their run D is still decent.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

If by nightmare you mean "too many good options" then yes I agree :v:

it's a ten team league so the need for optimization is high when everyone has deep teams lol

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
My RB situation is a drat mess right now, help me pick 2 RBs in .5 PPR:

Nyheim Hines @ DEN (Thursday Night Bullshit)
Khalil Herbert (or Dave Motgomery depending on injury) @MIN

Kareem Hunt vs LAC
Tyler Allgerier @TB
Rachaad White vs ATL

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

IcePhoenix posted:

it's a ten team league so the need for optimization is high when everyone has deep teams lol
Ahh I didnt remember/realize the 10 team, I'm only in 12 teamers anymore, so yeah that makes it a bit more stressful yeah

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Vargo posted:

My RB situation is a drat mess right now, help me pick 2 RBs in .5 PPR:

Nyheim Hines @ DEN (Thursday Night Bullshit)
Khalil Herbert (or Dave Motgomery depending on injury) @MIN

Kareem Hunt vs LAC
Tyler Allgerier @TB
Rachaad White vs ATL

I think Herbert and Hunt. I just don't trust Hines to produce if Taylor hasn't, and his skillet is definitely not a 1-to-1 replacement.

Pick me a flex in .5ppr
Jeff Wilson @CAR
Godwin v.ATL
MG3 v.IND

Have Wilson in but kinda leaning Godwin if he loses the "Q" by Sunday morning.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
More 10 team RB problems. I need 2, 1 PPR

MG3 v IND
James Robinson v HOU
Kamara v SEA
Josh Jacobs @ KC

First game with MG3 as the main back again and he loves to fumble so somewhat risky there, Robinson was garbage last week but Houston is a much better matchup, Kamara is questionable and hasn't been great when he has played, Jacobs is coming off a huge game (on my bench of course) but I worry about him being game scripted out.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Need a flex. 0.5 PPR

J.K. Dobbins vs Cin
C. Olave vs Sea

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I consider James robinson a stud. Don't bench him imo. He had one bad game

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

MacheteZombie posted:

I consider James robinson a stud. Don't bench him imo. He had one bad game
This. One bad game in a monsoon where his QB fumbled the ball away 4 times. It was an outlier and I'm not benching him unless he shits the bed a few weeks in a row.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

This. One bad game in a monsoon where his QB fumbled the ball away 4 times. It was an outlier and I'm not benching him unless he shits the bed a few weeks in a row.

I still can't believe they kept letting TLaw dropback after the 2 fumble and int. Like at that point you run 20 run plays and just call it a day lol

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

MacheteZombie posted:

I still can't believe they kept letting TLaw dropback after the 2 fumble and int. Like at that point you run 20 run plays and just call it a day lol
"He's fumbled twice, he'll learn his lesson and hold on to the ball better this time".
"gently caress."

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Houston is allowing 172 rushing yards per game. JRob is gonna give ‘em hell.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

ferroque posted:

Need a flex. 0.5 PPR

J.K. Dobbins vs Cin
C. Olave vs Sea

Olave all the way.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Robinson it is, but what about the MG3/Kamara/Jacobs situation?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Do we trust Josh Jacobs already? I grabbed him off waivers this week, and planned on sitting him one week to make sure last week wasn't a fluke. But he's been getting a lot of work outside of just last week. And it would be for a flex spot, where I normally play the Sun God, who is looking less likely to play every day.

So, full PPR, flex spot, assuming assuming Sun God doesn't play...

Josh Jacobs @KC
Jeff Wilson, Jr. @Car

I'm going against the top scorer in my league, though I'm projected pretty far ahead already.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

nollij posted:

I think Gordon could go off because of the injury to the other Bronco rb.

Might be worthwhile to go James this week and see if Gordon goes ham.

But also Denver is playing Indy, who suck. So I would lean towards gambling on Gordon this week. He’s gonna get touches and targets.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

PPR, Pick 3:
CMC vs SF
Breece Hall vs Mia
Fournette vs Atl
Sanders @ Ari

I think CMC, Breece, and Fournette.

I’m actually not 100% against considering taking CMC out because SF has a good defense but they have a mediocre offense. Which means the score won’t be run up so much that CAR gets garbage time targets to CMC.

But on the other hand - don’t sit your studs

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Do not bet on the Broncos offense.

Sincerely,
A Broncos fan

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Dango Bango posted:

Do not bet on the Broncos offense.

Sincerely,
A Broncos fan

Gordon gonna get juicy touches and targets tho

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Dango Bango posted:

Olave all the way.

Even though I worry about a rookie WR getting the best defensive back on him the sheer amount of targets this guy gets is astounding

In regards to Melvin Gordon though if anyone watched that debacle last week I'm not sure how you could trust him ever again

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

kiimo posted:

In regards to Melvin Gordon though if anyone watched that debacle last week I'm not sure how you could trust him ever again

It wasn't the funniest fumble of all time (buttfumble, ofc) but it was up there :laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Help me pick 3 in my .5 PPR league. Starting bolded guys currently

Najee Harris @ BUF
Rhamondre Stevenson v DET
Khalil Herbert @ MIN
Diontae Johnson @ BUF
Brandin Cooks @ JAX