Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Welcome to the 2022 start sit advice thread. To get the best suggestions please include your leagues scoring/settings and what opposing teams they face. Your thoughts on who you'd pick is also helpful.

Here's mine:

1 ppr, need a flex.
Chase Edmonds vs NE
Darnell Mooney vs NYG
Michael Thomas @ATL

Leaning edmonds for likely run volume, but the other two are facing terrible teams (I know they're on bad teams too) and could feast on targets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

MacheteZombie posted:

Welcome to the 2022 start sit advice thread. To get the best suggestions please include your leagues scoring/settings and what opposing teams they face. Your thoughts on who you'd pick is also helpful.

Here's mine:

1 ppr, need a flex.
Chase Edmonds vs NE
Darnell Mooney vs NYG
Michael Thomas @ATL

Leaning edmonds for likely run volume, but the other two are facing terrible teams (I know they're on bad teams too) and could feast on targets.

If Thomas plays I think you have to start him over those two. Either he's still a stud and by far the best option or he's cooked and if that's the case why is he on your team?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I'm tempted to give him a week 1 wait n see before starting him but you make a good point.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Simultaneously the longest offseason ever yet feels like the draft was yesterday.

My body is ready. To sit Mecole Hardman so he'll score for others.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

MacheteZombie posted:

Here's mine:

1 ppr, need a flex.
Chase Edmonds vs NE
Darnell Mooney vs NYG
Michael Thomas @ATL

I like Mooney because he is Money but with one more 'o' and because I think he is the most known quantity of the three. Yeah Edmonds is technically the starter but to me its RBBC until we see otherwise, we have no idea how that offense will look overall, and NE has the best D of the the three options. Also I think MT is cooked so I am biased. Mooney is the only WR and only one of two pass-catchers on the roster (Kmet being the other) and NYG's D is not good.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I'm in a 0.5 PPR league. I've never played fantasy football before, but I think I've got a solid team and bench.

I don't think I should change anything for gameday, but Dobbins and Samuel being questionable makes me wonder if I should possibly swap them out. Ravens are playing the Jets, so even a hurt Dobbins should do pretty well. Miami is playing NE and Dallas is playing TB, so Pollard and Mostert are probably best on the bench.

Flex I think Deebo is perfect for the spot, but since he's banged up I wonder if it might be better to put anyone else in there. I don't think it will be, but I'd like to get a more informed opinion.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm in a 0.5 PPR league. I've never played fantasy football before, but I think I've got a solid team and bench.

I don't think I should change anything for gameday, but Dobbins and Samuel being questionable makes me wonder if I should possibly swap them out. Ravens are playing the Jets, so even a hurt Dobbins should do pretty well. Miami is playing NE and Dallas is playing TB, so Pollard and Mostert are probably best on the bench.

Flex I think Deebo is perfect for the spot, but since he's banged up I wonder if it might be better to put anyone else in there. I don't think it will be, but I'd like to get a more informed opinion.

Deebo should be fine, but Dobbins is probably real iffy to play week 1, i'd probably sub in Pollard for him.

As you're new, a good rule of thumb is to put the player who plays the latest game like someone who plays monday night or sunday night game in your flex spot. That way you have the most flexibiity if there are any late rule outs.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Thank you very much.

I also misunderstood what the FLEX spot was. Thank you for that, too. I moved Mike Williams to FLEX and swapped dobbins/pollard.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

also a first timer, also in a 0.5 ppr league, this one a 10 team league

had 7th pick, how'd i do? should I run 3 RB or move in one of my benched WR? keep going back and forth on this

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

ferroque posted:

also a first timer, also in a 0.5 ppr league, this one a 10 team league

had 7th pick, how'd i do? should I run 3 RB or move in one of my benched WR? keep going back and forth on this

Penny is a massive injury risk but probably still your best bet there.

Mayman10
May 11, 2019

In a 1PPR league, torn between 2 players at RB and TE

Not sure if B. Hall is worth starting over D. Pierce, feels maybe a bit early to start Hall but I'm not sure how the Texans are looking overall

Currently leaning to Irv Smith over David Njoku but with Brissett starting Njoku could see a bit more targets and Irv Smith is a bit unproven

Thoughts?

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Choose 2 FLX .5 PPR. (Current choices bolded)

Amon Ra St Brown (DET) v PHI
Brandin Cooks (HOU) v IND
Christian Kirk (JAX) @ WAS
Rhamondre Stevenson (NE) @ MIA

I’m tempted to start Kirk because maybe the Jags won’t be egregiously lovely and he’s arguably their WR 1

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I start Kirk all day because of the target share he is going to get. Honestly probably over Brandin Cooks at this point but I can argue either side of that. Your bolded probably are the right calls.

Rhamode won't be startable most of the year barring injury. So what if they gave him time with the 1's? This is Damien Harris' backfield. That's my crystal ball.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Spermy Smurf posted:

I start Kirk all day because of the target share he is going to get. Honestly probably over Brandin Cooks at this point but I can argue either side of that. Your bolded probably are the right calls.

Rhamode won't be startable most of the year barring injury. So what if they gave him time with the 1's? This is Damien Harris' backfield. That's my crystal ball.

Yeah I guess I’ll flip a coin on Cooks/Kirk

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I'd lean Cooks as he's a proven WR2 even with Mills. I'd give it a week or 2 to see how Kirk fits into that new team before starting him.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I think Rhamondre has a great season in his range of outcomes, he’s showed talent. But he’s a terrifying week 1 start. I need to see just how dogshit the Pats offense is going to be before I take him off the bench.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Docjowles posted:

I think Rhamondre has a great season in his range of outcomes, he’s showed talent. But he’s a terrifying week 1 start. I need to see just how dogshit the Pats offense is going to be before I take him off the bench.

The entire NE offense is a big :iiam:

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

MacheteZombie posted:

Here's mine:

1 ppr, need a flex.
Chase Edmonds vs NE
Darnell Mooney vs NYG
Michael Thomas @ATL

I am a very vocal Bears homer who loves Darnell Mooney and think he is going to be a monster this year and I think you absolutely start Michael Thomas because he is playing the Falcons and Mooney is actually playing the 49ers which significantly moves that needle.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Also I don't start Rhamondre week one in the above suggestions for a lot of the same reasons, but y'all are sleeping on a fantasy giant this year.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
1 PPR flex

Allen Robinson v Buffalo
Rashod Bateman @ NYJ
Dameon Pierce v IND

If it's Robinson, I'll move him out of flex

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

The Zack posted:

1 PPR flex

Allen Robinson v Buffalo
Rashod Bateman @ NYJ
Dameon Pierce v IND

If it's Robinson, I'll move him out of flex

Robinson is the safest bet.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Quiet Feet posted:

Robinson is the safest bet.
I agree. Buffalo's secondary aint the best right now with White coming back from his torn ACL and McVay is still an offensive mastermind.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I agree. Buffalo's secondary aint the best right now with White coming back from his torn ACL and McVay is still an offensive mastermind.

Not to mention that the Ravens could beat the tar out of the Jets and end up running a lot in the second half, and the Texans could easily sputter and have to play catch up, which is bad for Bateman and Pierce respectively. I like both of those players this year but not this week.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Probably Robinson for ceiling, Bateman for safety? I think Robinson is going to smash this season but he DID absolutely suck out loud last year. Hopefully McVay and Stafford can unlock him.

I was looking around at various week 1 ranks and a lot of them have Bateman quite high, solid WR2, I was surprised. I mean betting against the Jets is usually fruitful but people seem bullish on a Ravens receiver.

The other surprise for me on guys I own was that Juju is buried in ranks. Like flex/barely startable.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I don't roll Juju over Lazard or Melvin Gordon do I?

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

Docjowles posted:

I was looking around at various week 1 ranks and a lot of them have Bateman quite high, solid WR2, I was surprised. I mean betting against the Jets is usually fruitful but people seem bullish on a Ravens receiver.

Yeah I was surprised at how many has Bateman over Robinson. Came here for the goonsensus. Thanks everyone.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Docjowles posted:

I think Robinson is going to smash this season.

Only if those rumors that he can't get separation anymore are false.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Should I make any changes?

QB- Winston
WR- Kupp
WR- Cooks
RB- Montgomery
RB- Gibson
TE- Kelce
FLEX- Conner

B- Waddle
B- Akers
B- Henderson
B- Mooney
B- Sanders
B- James Cook

Half ppr

RAR!
Oct 21, 2005
rabble babble
full ppr
1 rb
1 wr
1 flex

top 3 are rostered but should i swap any?

rashaad penny v DEN
allen robinson v BUFF
dionte johnson @ CIN

bench
josh jacobs @ LAC
darnell mooney @ SF
tyler lockett v DEN

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

RCarr posted:

Should I make any changes?

QB- Winston
WR- Kupp
WR- Cooks
RB- Montgomery
RB- Gibson
TE- Kelce
FLEX- Conner

B- Waddle
B- Akers
B- Henderson
B- Mooney
B- Sanders
B- James Cook

Half ppr
I'm a big Waddle fan but I think you have the right lineup for week 1.

RAR! posted:

full ppr
1 rb
1 wr
1 flex

top 3 are rostered but should i swap any?

rashaad penny v DEN
allen robinson v BUFF
dionte johnson @ CIN

bench
josh jacobs @ LAC
darnell mooney @ SF
tyler lockett v DEN
If it were me I'd start Jacobs over Penny because Seattle is probably going to have to throw a lot when they get behind.

nollij
Aug 30, 2006

Wait, wait, wait...

When did this happen?!?
0.5 ppr
AJ Dillon or Tony Pollard

Hard to guess Dillons share this early so I feel Pollard is the safer bet.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I haven't played in years and was just sort of flying by the seat of my pants during the draft.

10 team .5 PPR, mainly wondering what I should do with my flex because I think the rest is probably fine but I'm posting the whole thing anyway just in case

I'm assuming Akers is the play but idk if Henderson is expected to take a bunch of the workload from him, which would put the WRs or Stevenson in play maybe

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

kiimo posted:

Only if those rumors that he can't get separation anymore are false.

I actually didn't end up with ARob anywhere this year despite being a huge stan of his for years, so I have no leg to stand on. Someone always sniped him like a full round before I was ready to get him. But I fully believe he is a stud who has been held back by dipshit coaches and garbage QBs and he'll finally ball out

This is a huge leap of faith take, though. You have to go back a long rear end time to see good stats

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

another A-rob question then: Him vs. Michael Thomas? Wanted to wait a week on thomas but I keep going back and forth between the two

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Spermy Smurf posted:

I don't roll Juju over Lazard or Melvin Gordon do I?

Quoting myself because I am still second guessing my lineup.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Spermy Smurf posted:

Quoting myself because I am still second guessing my lineup.

I think Juju has the highest upside of the three.

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

Lazard also has some kind of mystery injury (stepped on in practice?)

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

nollij posted:

0.5 ppr
AJ Dillon or Tony Pollard

Hard to guess Dillons share this early so I feel Pollard is the safer bet.
I think its a tossup because the WRs on both teams are huge questionmarks but I would lean Pollard because Zeke is more cooked than Jones and the Cowboys are more likely to be throwing, and dumping off, to Pollard.

Quiet Feet posted:

I think Juju has the highest upside of the three.
I agree with this because Juju is definitely a starter with a history of being able to produce better than Lazard could, who has the aforemented injury anyway, and Javonte is now the A#1 RB in Denver so Gordon might not see a ton of touches (we dont know what the usage ration is going to be with the new coaching staff).

IcePhoenix posted:

I haven't played in years and was just sort of flying by the seat of my pants during the draft.

10 team .5 PPR, mainly wondering what I should do with my flex because I think the rest is probably fine but I'm posting the whole thing anyway just in case

I'm assuming Akers is the play but idk if Henderson is expected to take a bunch of the workload from him, which would put the WRs or Stevenson in play maybe
I really like your team and agree with your assessment. I could see an argument to play Jeudy until we see how Akers and Henderson split touches but I dont think anyone would fault you for just going ahead and starting Akers.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Akers might not even play tonight, and please please don't slot thursday players in your flex.

If he doesn't play Henderson would obv be the choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Gabe Davis hype check. Standard scoring.

Gabe Davis @ LAR (TNF) or
Brandin Cooks vs IND

My inclination is to stick with the higher pick in Cooks since he was so consistent last year, but in his Indy games last year he put up a 3/38/0 with rushing 1/16/0 and a 9/89/0. Not exactly stellar, and the LAR/BUF game may end up a track meet.