Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
On the other hand she went full chud and attended rallies comparing the vaccine to the Holocaust.

Edit: and she proudly posted about it so it wasn't like she got roped into it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
Nah at least part of Illy getting a pass is she's a white woman

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Can we agree they both suck and shouldn't headline movies

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Shageletic posted:

Can we agree they both suck and shouldn't headline movies

Apparently we (as a moviegoing public) can't, since that seemingly obvious conclusion is only being seriously debated for one of them (here and elsewhere) unless someone really explicitly brings up the other.

EDIT: Just to avoid any confusion about whether I personally agree with you

The Modern Leper fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Oct 4, 2022

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

teacup posted:

Weird how Letitia gets the criticism from goons + other online spaces when plenty more has been said by Lilly + others on a variety of issues.

Can’t work it out

We can dunk on people one at a time for lovely opinions, and you can work it out because they have a movie coming up so that's why discussion would be focused on them.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Wright probably does get more grief for her bad opinions than Lilly but Wright is currently the one that has a movie coming out in 2 months with a trailer that just dropped

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm sure there'll be plenty of shittalking Lilly in the run up to Quantumania

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Rarity posted:

I'm sure there'll be plenty of shittalking Lilly in the run up to Quantumania

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Also Evangeline Lilly's antivax stuff was the classic "bodily autonomy" bullshit. Letitia Wright went against vaccines because she believes they're injecting you with Satan to take over the world.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Wright's also deep on the TERF bullshit so y'know, class act all round really

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
Yes but also there's likely a bit of racism at play.

There can be multiple reasons for things.

Tom Cruise still gets to do whatever the hell he wants despite being the spokesperson for a mega-poo poo cult.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Infinitum posted:

Rewatching the trailer. I'm of the opinion we'll see multiple Black Panthers suit up

Same, I theorized about this over in the BSS Movie thread months ago. Seems like the right move from a story perspective.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Jaxyon posted:

Tom Cruise still gets to do whatever the hell he wants despite being the spokesperson for a mega-poo poo cult.

I think Tom Cruise should not be the Black Panther

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I don't bring up Evangeline because I honestly forget she exists until someone else mentions her

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I think all of this Leader talk is going to leave people disappointed again, because they will have it in their minds that it is definitely happening.

If it DOES happen, it would be great, but I'm trying not to expect or want it to happen.

I'm going to stick with it being Blonsky.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
The true ending to this season of She-Hulk is Jen embracing the duality of being a Hulk and "just Jen". The HulkKing/Intellegencia storyline doesn't need to be completed, it just needs to be openly acknowledged as a thing and not a conspiracy happening behind Jen's back. This "there's so much to wrap up in two episodes" talk ignores that all we really need is for her to know people are targeting her, put on the suit, and make it clear she's ready to crack all the heads that need cracking. Final stinger is a 4th wall break where she says "guess I deal with THIS GUY next season, huh?".

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Parkingtigers posted:

The true ending to this season of She-Hulk is Jen embracing the duality of being a Hulk and "just Jen". The HulkKing/Intellegencia storyline doesn't need to be completed, it just needs to be openly acknowledged as a thing and not a conspiracy happening behind Jen's back. This "there's so much to wrap up in two episodes" talk ignores that all we really need is for her to know people are targeting her, put on the suit, and make it clear she's ready to crack all the heads that need cracking. Final stinger is a 4th wall break where she says "guess I deal with THIS GUY next season, huh?".

All of which ignores that (a) no-one is actually claiming the show has a lot of plot to wrap up, (b) the mid season trailer showing her beating on bad guys who kind of can't be anything else, really and (c) Jen embracing the heroism of the Hulk is an active theme and has been presented as such since the first scene of the first episode; so her just leaving resolving that off till next season would be a bit weird.

tsob fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Oct 5, 2022

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

tsob posted:

All of which ignores that (a) no-one is actually claiming the show has a lot of plot to wrap up

tsob posted:

Yeah, at least one episode is going to be quite busy since there's a good bit of stuff from the trailers that hasn't been covered.
(...)
It almost feels like Abomination has to be HulkKing just so there's less poo poo to wrap up in 2 episodes, since the only other option is Titania and that feels too high level and impersonal for her style of villainy.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
You'll note that "quite busy" was not defined as "a lot of plot", only "a good few scenes from the trailer".

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Canned Panda posted:

I think all of this Leader talk is going to leave people disappointed again, because they will have it in their minds that it is definitely happening.

If it DOES happen, it would be great, but I'm trying not to expect or want it to happen.

I'm going to stick with it being Blonsky.

I'm still chasing the high of KANG showing up at the end of Loki

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Parkingtigers posted:

I'd agree but the MCU tv shows have a pretty reliable history of rushing to wrap up in season 1

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

kazil posted:

I'd agree but the MCU tv shows have a pretty reliable history of rushing to wrap up in season 1
At this point I just generally assume it's going to happen.

I get very frustrated when shows that are only on streaming don't actually take the time to properly wrap up story threads and just rush to the end.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Jaxyon posted:

Nah at least part of Illy getting a pass is she's a white woman
ehh Who is giving her a pass, exactly? That no one is currently talking about this specific actor -- as opposed to the one who was just highlighted in a trailer that all but confirmed she was going to be the lead hero of the highly-anticipated film coming out soon -- doesn't mean she's getting a pass. I definitely remember multiple pages of condemnations against Lilly when her extremism was revealed, so making it seem like people are treating Wright worse because of racism feels like an iffy case of oppression Olympics whataboutism.

And as for the difference between Wright and any random unmasked shmoe at Target or wherever: nominally, theoretically, someone who’d been circumspect for three years, who’d been vaccinated, who’d been following the guidelines, but is just now letting down their guard because it has been three years and the government literally told them it was okay is – again…nominally, theoretically – less of a callous rear end in a top hat than someone who had railed against the science and the guidelines from the start because of fundamentalist brain rot.

BrianWilly fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Oct 5, 2022

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Jaxyon posted:

I can’t speak for anyone else, but I only remember Letitia because of what a glorious faux pas it was on her part because Black Panther was an instant top tier franchise. She almost hosed her self out of the gate and it gave me a chuckle.

I didn’t know Eva Lilly is an anti-vaxx chud. As was mentioned above, I forget she exists until she shows up in a movie.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Lilly was pretty supportive of the lovely Canada Trucker protest thing that happened like 30 years ago back in early 2022

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

BrianWilly posted:

ehh Who is giving her a pass, exactly? That no one is currently talking about this specific actor -- as opposed to the one who was just highlighted in a trailer that all but confirmed she was going to be the lead hero of the highly-anticipated film coming out soon -- doesn't mean she's getting a pass. I definitely remember multiple pages of condemnations against Lilly when her extremism was revealed, so making it seem like people are treating Wright worse because of racism feels like an iffy case of oppression Olympics whataboutism.

Oh poo poo I forgot that when you identify non-blatant racism on the internet it's never ever racism. My bad.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

When are we gonna talk about The Goop

When are are gonna talk about the fact we get She Hulk AND Werewolf By Night this week :allears:

Man-Thing rocking up means more Multiverse fun
A Blade cameo would be a lot of fun as well

kazil posted:

I think Tom Cruise should not be the Black Panther

Sorta bummed the Superior Iron-man rumour didn't turn out to be true for Doc Strange 2.
He would have made an amazing arsehole to watch

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Jaxyon posted:

Oh poo poo I forgot that when you identify non-blatant racism on the internet it's never ever racism. My bad.
It just sounds like you're putting the cart before the horse here, saying that racism necessarily exists, therefore disparaging a black actor like this must necessarily be racism, and the evidence you provide is that we're not literally at this moment right now disparaging someone white.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Infinitum posted:

Rewatching the trailer. I'm of the opinion we'll see multiple Black Panthers suit up

If there's no heart-shaped herb left, then anyone in the suit is just going to be a regular person who can't run 45 mph, lift a truck, send a regular person flying with a kick, or get thrown 50 feet without being inured.

I know they will probably just ignore it or come up with an "actually, there was a secret stash all along," but the whole point of the first movie is that the suit itself wasn't what made you the panther!

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
Is it racist to say that Wakandan super science is just normal super science with vibranium rubbed on it?

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Marsupial Ape posted:

Is it racist to say that Wakandan super science is just normal super science with vibranium rubbed on it?

No nothing is racist unless you say "I am being racist" when you do it

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Jaxyon posted:

How about, "I am not a racist, but..."?

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Jaxyon posted:

Uh...I gotta my change my voicemail salutation...

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

Marsupial Ape posted:

To be fair, I think that's just half of the super science in the MCU. The other half is Pym particles.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

cant cook creole bream posted:

How about, "I am not a racist, but..."?

I mean you just said you weren't a racist. Seems pretty clear to me.

What else could it mean?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_JZv-gdghg

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

If there's no heart-shaped herb left, then anyone in the suit is just going to be a regular person who can't run 45 mph, lift a truck, send a regular person flying with a kick, or get thrown 50 feet without being inured.

I know they will probably just ignore it or come up with an "actually, there was a secret stash all along," but the whole point of the first movie is that the suit itself wasn't what made you the panther!

I would assume it would be a bit of Wakandan Black Panther habit + Tony Stark nanotech = everyone gets Iron Panther-esque suits to fill in the gap left behind from no heart shaped herbs.
It 'worked' for Banner when he needed a Hulk Buster suit to get back up to Hulk like strength during the Battle of Wakanda

Could potentially also explain why Riri is fiddling around with broken Iron Man tech to create her first Ironheart suit

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Oct 5, 2022

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Pro-click
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5xW-HEdlyk

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

They are using Leap-Frog and not Frog-Man?

Leap-Frog canonically existed in the 60's and his son, Frog-Man, is the one who operated in modern day. This is pissing all over the canon.

No longer interested in the show.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

MuppetVerse loving confirmed babeeeey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

kazil posted:

MuppetVerse loving confirmed babeeeey