Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Hell yeah

https://twitter.com/dinoflask/status/1577439338803056641?s=20&t=czWVja2wNl_qwF89N0-rvg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

AndyElusive posted:

I haven't been playing Apex for the last 2 years but I can echo this sentiment because last night I was wrecking ppl with hitscan. I even remarked to my friend who I was grouped with that 76 felt better than he ever has.

they changed Soldier like a year or two ago from having garbage bloom style 'recoil' to having an actually controllable vertical recoil pattern, when i came back to ow this year and slam picked my boi Soldier it felt revelatory

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Still can't get in. Gets down to 0, Then "sorry can't log you in" and back to the back of the queue.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Literally every character feels better in a way that I really appreciate. I didn't think 1 tank would work at all with characters like Doomfist or Roadhog being a tank, but it actually does. Doomfist on attack KotH maps is some of the most fun I've had in OW.

It's 95% the same game, but refined in every way.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
Probably a dumb question, but why, as an OW1 player, do I have Kiriko unlocked but no one else?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Roadhog feels very good somehow better than before

I will always miss hooking people around corners but I'll accept being able to hook look at a ledge and drop them to their deaths still

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

If you can’t join a group with your friends use the/invite command.

I am finally in a goddamn group with my wife who’s been sitting next to me.

DrBox
Jul 3, 2004

Sombody call the doctor?

BabyRyoga posted:

Also, Re: aiming, because it has been way harder to aim in OW2, but also thought maybe I was just getting old or bad at games or something:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/xw23i0/is_it_just_me_or_does_ow2_feel_weird/

For those that feel the aim is off and didn't read the link, some are blaming the dynamic resolution. Turn that off and see if it helps.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I recommend not charging in so often. you're your team's only big boy now: don't leave them in the dust!

Never!

Reinhardts, remember you ABCs. Always Be Charging.
Charge cancel and extra turn speed are amazing improvement. Just drop trash tanks at the edge of a cliff and wave them. :byewhore:

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
can't believe ow2 is making me gently caress up my near-perfect profile just for the cheevos

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/BlizzardCS/status/1577397709203509250

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

lol, getting an Unable To Log You In/Timeout error when trying to play now, guess I can only play this game for 30 mins or so in the morning

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

lol, getting an Unable To Log You In/Timeout error when trying to play now, guess I can only play this game for 30 mins or so in the morning

the asia server trick still seems to work

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This seems like one of those things that happens when no one making the decisions or planning is trans or a woman.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Non-males feel unwelcome in gaming, so let's find the most off putting and gross solution possible to make sure they don't come within a mile of our boys club.

It's such a stupid solution that it has to be intentional.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bottom Liner posted:

Non-males feel unwelcome in gaming, so let's find the most off putting and gross solution possible to make sure they don't come within a mile of our boys club.

It's such a stupid solution that it has to be intentional.

Considering the kind of company that Blizzard is, you have a 95% chance of being correct.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
This great thinking is coming from the company that was so proud of their diversity scoring tool for their overwatch characters. A diversity scoring tool which still used the old name of a character named after a rapist/rapist supporter.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Pattonesque posted:

Weirdly enough even though I own OW1 and did the stuff to migrate and all my old skins are there in OW2, I still have to unlock all the heroes

NBD since it only took four games to get Ana but a little odd

this randomly got resolved today, I guess it's been the case with a lot of people

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Saltpowered posted:

This great thinking is coming from the company that was so proud of their diversity scoring tool for their overwatch characters. A diversity scoring tool which still used the old name of a character named after a rapist/rapist supporter.

Torbjörn is named after a rapist???

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

No man you don't get it, you have to create a safe space for trans people and women. I mean, we all know that cis women never harass trans people, especially in ranked competitive environments.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

CuddleCryptid posted:

No man you don't get it, you have to create a safe space for trans people and women. I mean, we all know that cis women never harass trans people, especially in ranked competitive environments.

watch what happens when they get a team of cis british women

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Large Testicles posted:

watch what happens when they get a team of cis british women

"Cheers love! Women have wombs!"

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

just the fact that they categorize ‘transgender’ as an individual gender identity shows that whoever came up with this poo poo doesn’t know or care about the topic at all

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

My FPS is a pretty solid 120fps but it feels like ~30 and I cannot find any combination of settings that makes it feel good

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

bunch of people having those issues, turning off resolution scaling and AMD fsr may help but it didn’t for me

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Phoix posted:

My FPS is a pretty solid 120fps but it feels like ~30 and I cannot find any combination of settings that makes it feel good

A lot of people are having the same issue. Try turning of dynamic resolution, it helps some people.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

ok this is pretty good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWsFgl-P3xg

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

dumb question, do I keep all my skins and poo poo from OW1? I logged in on my PS5 last night and my Blizzard account appears to be linked but it didn't look like anything carried over.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

lol

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

dumb question, do I keep all my skins and poo poo from OW1? I logged in on my PS5 last night and my Blizzard account appears to be linked but it didn't look like anything carried over.

yeah but it looks like it's taking time for everybody's stuff to move over

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Emongg placed Master 5 on his tank queue if anyone cares! Lol. So most top 500/GMs are getting placed low-to-mid masters.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

yeah but it looks like it's taking time for everybody's stuff to move over

lol cool i'll wait for the cron job to finish then

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
all my characters have their skins except mercy
maybe i never had witch mercy? WISH I CHECKED BEFORE HAND

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

teagone posted:

Emongg placed Master 5 on his tank queue if anyone cares! Lol. So most top 500/GMs are getting placed low-to-mid masters.

gently caress. in a month, when I'm finally allowed to play, I'm gonna get like fuckin silver or gold

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Boy howdy I wish I could play the fun new video game more than 24 hours after its release :smith:

Still haven't gotten through once in dozens of attempts across yesterday and today

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

teagone posted:

Overwatch 1 had also relatively low max rating for 'new people'. I think It was something like high Diamond.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

gently caress. in a month, when I'm finally allowed to play, I'm gonna get like fuckin silver or gold

I was low Diamond in OW1 comp for the first 12 seasons, and placed Silver 5. My brother was low-to-midish Gold for a couple comp seasons and got placed Bronze 5, lol.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

teagone posted:

I was low Diamond in OW1 comp for the first 12 seasons, and placed Silver 5. My brother was low-to-midish Gold for a couple comp seasons and got placed Bronze 5, lol.

No wonder my team is full of potatoes that don't hear Flanking Orisa waving her stick literally behind them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

:lmao: that tank now has the highest queue time