Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
That’s some aggressively seasoned catsup. Also what is that orange stuff on the plate? Partially sliced boiled carrots?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Sweet potato would be my guess.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Looks like sliced peaches from a can

I'm more baffled by the slabs of... cheese(?) on the burger that look like they tried to melt but instead just became sweaty. The meal in general looks like it was brought from a frozen state to what we see currently entirely via heat lamp.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Devils Affricate posted:

I'm more baffled by the slabs of... cheese(?) on the burger that look like they tried to melt but instead just became sweaty. The meal in general looks like it was brought from a frozen state to what we see currently entirely via heat lamp.

This is what happens when you put refrigerated cheese on a warm (but not steaming hot) burg, separated by veggies. I can feel my teeth slicing through those oily cheese chunks just looking at them.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Looks like food from an airport bar.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

Devils Affricate posted:

Looks like sliced peaches from a can

https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/food--156922368249811590/
Mushroom & Emmental Cheese, Turkey Burger on a Toasted Brioche Bun

https://www.pinterest.ca/trytry51/food/
They have a few thousand food pics on their pinrest. Most of them look pretty good, but there's also stuff like this:

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Squatch Ambassador posted:

https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/food--156922368249811590/
Mushroom & Emmental Cheese, Turkey Burger on a Toasted Brioche Bun

The first tag on this post is "Cheese Turkey". Not Cheese and Turkey, but Cheese_Turkey

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Squatch Ambassador posted:

They have a few thousand food pics on their pinrest. Most of them look pretty good, but there's also stuff like this:

:lmao:

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
crosspost from the OSHA thread, exciting sausage technology

Sagebrush posted:

that's the same system they use for sorting and aligning hot dogs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRbdQaFg8m0

or you can alternately use a vibratory conveyor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NpZsTQ00oY

or you can go extra and use the vibratory system plus some delta robots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPTd8XDZOEk

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOIvJTuCrlE&t=234s

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Imagine your shits after that bbq

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
If it can do blue ones too, this is basically it for me, perfection

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
surprise! play doh hot dog!

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

huh

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

NotJustANumber99 posted:

If it can do blue ones too, this is basically it for me, perfection

the guy grilling for the gender reveal party sparks a wildfire that kills 14 and causes 4.3 billion in property damage

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Literally A Person posted:

Imagine your shits after that bbq

Lol at imagining they are getting barbecued and not just lightly boiled

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

When I could eat hot dogs I used to eat them totally uncooked

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Cowman posted:

When I could eat hot dogs I used to eat them totally uncooked

But then they're just a cold dog. Do you like eat ice cream with no ice as well?

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Yesterday I had what should have been a very nice local hot dog from a cart but they didn't cook it enough :negative:

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
That's just snack baloney

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I prefer a fully cooked dog, myself

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Futanari Damacy posted:

Yesterday I had what should have been a very nice local hot dog from a cart but they didn't cook it enough :negative:

In what way?
I've eaten them cold.
To be cooked, they basically just have to be warm.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
they're all precooked already, you can eat em whatever

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Those look more like bubblegum cigars than hot dogs.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

muscles like this! posted:

Those look more like bubblegum cigars than hot dogs.

But at the end of the day what are bubblegum cigars other than edible hotdogs?

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
The pink ones are pepto dogs. Eat those last.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

dr_rat posted:

But at the end of the day what are bubblegum cigars other than edible hotdogs?

Hotdogs are also edible hotdogs except for the ones posted in this thread

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rjdyeie1lC1qigfjt.mp4

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

It's called the one bite diet, you can eat whatever you like, but only one bite of it

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Big Beef City posted:

In what way?
I've eaten them cold.
To be cooked, they basically just have to be warm.

They're done when the red food coloring soaks all the way through. Ya know, to distract from how and/or why the inside is gray.

Lekker.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAwcj6d8XTQ

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

I'm gonna expand on the gray hot dog thing a bit.

In my hometown, there used to be a place called Zesto's. It'd been in my neighborhood forever, an orphaned franchise restaurant serving breakfast and lunch food. There are still some Zesto spots around, and ours looked just like them until it burned to the ground in the early 2000s.

Hots and hams, specializing in "dipped dogs", a form of corn dog. One standard foot of nasty-rear end hotdog, with a stick up it's butt and a good half inch of batter surrounding it. You'd go up to the window and make an order (place was disgusting inside), wait for your poo poo, and sit at the outside bar to eat. If you looked through that window, slightly to the left, there was a square kettle for boiling the dogs. They went in gray, came out red. Never stopped anyone, but you were always better off getting a dipdog than one on a bun. To better hide our shame, you understand.

The second best dish was the "turtle burger". No fancy bacon here, just a third pound of ground chuck, battered and fried, on a stick. So, so greasy. A great snack before or after hiking up the mountain. My arteries scream just thinking about it.

It did burn down (fourty years of grease build up, I'm guessing), to be replaced by a brand new Zesto's. Diner during the day, bar at night. Pool tables, darts, full bar. Fried chicken, even. The new place was open 24/7. Dipdogs (now in three varieties!) and turtle burgers anytime, which was great as we lived within walking distance. Wander on down after work at 1am, get change for the pool table and shovel a footlong deep fried andouille down the hatch.

The worst hot dogs and hamburgers were the severe hypertension we made along the way.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Those places are my jam. Were all the workers teen stoners? Was the parking lot gravel?

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Soul Dentist posted:

Those places are my jam. Were all the workers teen stoners? Was the parking lot gravel?

Yes. Yes, and yes, after the asphalt went back to it's roots. A constant struggle to keep gravel at the bottom of the mountain. What, with the water washing it out every hard rain. Asphalt would float away to be crushed by car tires, gravel's easier to push back into place.

Late night 2nd Zesto's was hardcore alcoholics. Togo cups full of vodka behind the back wheels of their cars and all. Super friendly, just happy someone came in. Very easy to rope into a game of pool.

There was a place called Mullin's down the road. Country cooking and pretty good at it. Grits swimming in butter, three different ways to have what they called "sausage", two slices of grilled Texas toast if you wanted it or not. Same deal. Broken up parking lot, old fogies who can't cook for themselves anymore, city workers and construction folk, salespeople on lunch, all participating in a polite orgy of grease and waaaay too much butter. No hots, but their burgers were a sham. gently caress you getting a burger for? Try the country fried steak. On a bun.

Five Points neighborhood in Huntsville, Alabama, if it matters. Greasy spoon institutions in our tiny hood within a small city. Those places are gone now, but they've got a Waffle House, which replaced the Sonic that got flattened by a tree.

All those memories will be lost in time, like arterial stents down the drain of a crematorium.

Bloop, bloop

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
vegan hotdog

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

ekuNNN posted:

vegan hotdog

ring ring ring ring ring banana dog.

ekuNNN