Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Dorfromantik is chill and good and a nice zen puzzle game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Guardians of the Super Mario Galaxy

Yay I did a thread title! I've peaked, all downhill from here.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Not really far off from the official high quality render they use in merchandise, like this pillowcase from my kid's bed set

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
The Mario movie render has some real “Hire this man Nintendo” energy.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I hope he doesn’t have realistic skin

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

hatty posted:

I hope he doesn’t have realistic skin

What about a realistic mustache?

Rookoo
Jul 24, 2007
Anyone know offhand which file system the switch formats SD cards as? I'm without a PC at the moment and am trying to format an SD card as EXfat. Apparently Android is incapable of doing it unrooted.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
live a live was seriously ahead of its time, huh

i've finished prehistory/modern times/china (2/3 disciples) and all of them have been innovative even by the standards of today's rpgs

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes

Rookoo posted:

Anyone know offhand which file system the switch formats SD cards as? I'm without a PC at the moment and am trying to format an SD card as EXfat. Apparently Android is incapable of doing it unrooted.
The Switch supports FAT32 and exFAT. Also you can format the microSD card on the Switch in the system settings.

Rocket Pan fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Oct 6, 2022

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I wish I was exfat :sigh:

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Format yourself in a Switch.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I’m starting Luigi’s Mansion 3 again and my god the animation work in this game is top notch, it might be some of the best I’ve seen in a game, especially given the relative power of the Switch

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Commander Keene posted:

Format yourself in a Switch.

Best I can get is a sub

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Oxxidation posted:

i've finished prehistory/modern times/china (2/3 disciples) and all of them have been innovative even by the standards of today's rpgs

It really was. It’d be a pretty cool creative game if it was produced today, but it blows my mind that it’s a faithful remake of a game from fuckin 94.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

a.lo posted:

Where the heck is Metroid Prime news

It's never coming out soz

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

DC Murderverse posted:

I’m starting Luigi’s Mansion 3 again and my god the animation work in this game is top notch, it might be some of the best I’ve seen in a game, especially given the relative power of the Switch

It's just so delicious and playful to look at and interact with. I'm with you - I honestly can't think of another game that looks as "alive" as Luigi's Mansion. I remember thinking it was extremely cool back with the GameCube debut and I can't believe this is still one of the industry standards for it after this much time.

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Oxxidation posted:

I'm playing through it too, only have Edo Japan left. It's really cool to look at all the cool little twists they put on the jrpg formula. You'll really like the Far Future I think.

As for Imperial China:
You can save more than just Yun?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I legitimately don't understand why the 8-bit Adventure Anthology isn't on the Switch. I was playing it last night on Steam, checking out the achievements for it (they ALL involve dying :discourse:) and thought that this would be perfect for the Switch. I mean, the Shadowgate remaster/redo is on there, so... :shrug:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN posted:

I'm playing through it too, only have Edo Japan left. It's really cool to look at all the cool little twists they put on the jrpg formula. You'll really like the Far Future I think.

As for Imperial China:
You can save more than just Yun?

the disciple who gets the most training survives the dojo attack. they all have completely different dialogue and altered scenarios for the final dungeon

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
It doesn't have the best 8bit adventure of all

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Mega64 posted:

Dorfromantik is chill and good and a nice zen puzzle game.

I recommend it also. I view it more as a toy than a traditional puzzle game.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

a.lo posted:

Where the heck is Metroid Prime news

“A bad game is a bad game forever, but a delayed game is always Star Fox Zero.”
― Shigeru Miyamoto

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Spellman posted:

“A bad game is a bad game forever, but a delayed game is always F-Zero Rammers.”
― Shigeru Miyamoto

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

I have a bit of a conspiracy theory. Nintendo seems to be making a big deal out of this Mario movie, they've got Miyamoto talking about it in Nintendo directs, they seem much more involved than game companies usually are in these type of films, and from that image it's clear that the movie is a continuation of the aesthetic established in the Super Nintendo World park.

What's missing is an actual game. Usually when a movie like this would come out we'd expect a tie-in game, but there's nothing announced. I wonder if Nintendo are indeed working on a new Mario game to be released around the same time as the movie, and they haven't announced it because it will be on the new Switch. The movie comes out in April, which is around the time some people have speculated Nintendo could come out with the next Switch (and is around the same time of year as the OG Switch came out). Zelda comes out a month later in May too. Perhaps the film in April, leading to a Switch 2 and Zelda launch a month later, and culminating in a new movie-themed Mario game at Christmas 2023.

Wishful thinking, I guess, but it is weird that it's been a long time since the last Mario game, and there's no suggestion that they might make a new one to coincide with the movie. It's not like Nintendo don't have previous form using a movie as an elaborate advert for an upcoming Mario game, after all.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The only video game movie that has a tie in game is Street Fighter: The Movie; The Game. Otherwise that’s not how games and movies work.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I also wouldn't be surprised if a game was announced soon, but I don't think the Switch's successor will be.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Nintendo

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
Sounds plausible to me and if things were relatively normal I'd probably expect it given the usual time gap between mainline Nintendo consoles. Not the zaniest conspiracy theory and it shouldn't really strike anyone as outlandish.

Considering how odd the last few years have been both within Nintendo's leadership & our weird world I'm not as certain.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Comrade Fakename posted:

I have a bit of a conspiracy theory. Nintendo seems to be making a big deal out of this Mario movie, they've got Miyamoto talking about it in Nintendo directs, they seem much more involved than game companies usually are in these type of films, and from that image it's clear that the movie is a continuation of the aesthetic established in the Super Nintendo World park.

What's missing is an actual game. Usually when a movie like this would come out we'd expect a tie-in game, but there's nothing announced. I wonder if Nintendo are indeed working on a new Mario game to be released around the same time as the movie, and they haven't announced it because it will be on the new Switch. The movie comes out in April, which is around the time some people have speculated Nintendo could come out with the next Switch (and is around the same time of year as the OG Switch came out). Zelda comes out a month later in May too. Perhaps the film in April, leading to a Switch 2 and Zelda launch a month later, and culminating in a new movie-themed Mario game at Christmas 2023.

Wishful thinking, I guess, but it is weird that it's been a long time since the last Mario game, and there's no suggestion that they might make a new one to coincide with the movie. It's not like Nintendo don't have previous form using a movie as an elaborate advert for an upcoming Mario game, after all.

youer an insane person op.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

Hearing rumors that Nintendo might release a game on Switch starring Mario next year. Like they've been doing multiple times a year the past 5 years.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
Oh hey it's time for my NSO+XP reup. What did they add this year to NSO? Absolutely nothing?

Where's my Game Boy?

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

Comrade Fakename posted:

It's not like Nintendo don't have previous form using a movie as an elaborate advert for an upcoming Mario game, after all.

The Super Mario movie from 1993 was an elaborate advert for Mario games released that year like Mario is Missing & Mario Time's Machine.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.

Comrade Fakename posted:

Usually when a movie like this would come out we'd expect a tie-in game, but there's nothing announced.

why would we expect this op

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Palmtree Panic posted:

The Super Mario movie from 1993 was an elaborate advert for Mario games released that year like Mario is Missing & Mario Time's Machine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TscjsNMvnDg

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I’m hearing on the street they’re going to release a switch, for “professionals”.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

ExcessBLarg! posted:

Oh hey it's time for my NSO+XP reup. What did they add this year to NSO? Absolutely nothing?

Where's my Game Boy?

They added a bunch of games and DLC.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

American McGay posted:

The only video game movie that has a tie in game is Street Fighter: The Movie; The Game. Otherwise that’s not how games and movies work.

Incorrect.

Ratchet and Clank did a remake incorporating cutscenes and plot elements from the movie

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
And it sucked

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

The Movie's gonna show Mario playing Mario Odyssey on a Mario colored Switch like a Switch-ception of Marios directed by Chris Nolan I'm high

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Battle Chef Brigade is only 4 bucks on the eShop.
Get it, it's so good!