Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Here's a fun video of what world class logistics looks like, just in case Russia's clusterfuck made you forget: https://youtu.be/iIpPuJ_r8Xg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Follow up

https://twitter.com/malcolmkenyatta/status/1577732358610227201?s=46&t=Rjk4J293oC_j2hFMlci59Q

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

A.o.D. posted:

I swear I read "gently caress you, mother fucker" at least three times while reading those tweets, but on reread they seem to have disappeared.

I thought there was at least one "motherfucker" in there, too. It's a great series of tweets, because you can just add your own "motherfucker" wherever you want!

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Leave posted:

I thought there was at least one "motherfucker" in there, too. It's a great series of tweets, because you can just add your own "motherfucker" wherever you want!

Haha it does have that energy.

I’d also pay to have Samuel L Jackson to read these tweets.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Looks like they are at it again!

https://twitter.com/ELINTNews/status/1577771547707772942?t=1qQcc9e2_jjc1R9EBmsxag&s=19

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Already gone.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1577740437145649154

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Already gone.

ELINT was reporting another launch from NK. Since it's down they must have been jumpy.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/AdamTuss/status/1577684429216124929?t=zHtVDASgB9NOV0RDGLHxXw&s=19

Every city with a light rail should have it connected to their airport

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Nick Soapdish posted:

I flew out of Reagan whenever possible for exactly this reason. Good to see they finally got it up and running for Dulles.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

this poo poo drives me into a blind rage, especially considering how many type 2 patients progress to type 1. but at least if they can't afford private insurance their loving insulin costs will be capped, cool. god forbid the US do anything to address these root causes, though, and we're only going to see preventable conditions become more prevalent in communities experiencing health care, nutrition and economic inequalities due to the impact of climate change. gonna be great.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Nick Soapdish posted:

https://twitter.com/AdamTuss/status/1577684429216124929?t=zHtVDASgB9NOV0RDGLHxXw&s=19

This is the second airport to be connected to their light rail system.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
See also....like every health condition that is not a random genetic mutation. And you can still predict the impact of those by zip code.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

maffew buildings posted:

this poo poo drives me into a blind rage, especially considering how many type 2 patients progress to type 1. but at least if they can't afford private insurance their loving insulin costs will be capped, cool. god forbid the US do anything to address these root causes, though, and we're only going to see preventable conditions become more prevalent in communities experiencing health care, nutrition and economic inequalities due to the impact of climate change. gonna be great.

It's genocide, OP

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

stealie72 posted:

See also....like every health condition that is not a random genetic mutation. And you can still predict the impact of those by zip code.

The social determinants of health isn't new, it is just America will never do anything to help those who are getting hosed over

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Things as basic as brain development have been definitively linked to childhood poverty and malnutrition. Policy makers are well aware, it's not even a particularly expensive problem for a developed economy.

People don't care :(

slurm
Jul 28, 2022

by Hand Knit

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Things as basic as brain development have been definitively linked to childhood poverty and malnutrition. Policy makers are well aware, it's not even a particularly expensive problem for a developed economy.

We're even seen the shocking impacts of recruit quality issues in Russia and still don't care even when it's clear that a despair-pit state can't actually perform a functioning draft.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

TheWeedNumber posted:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/05/politics/us-intelligence-ukraine-dugina-assassination/index.html

It looks like a hit y’all! And it looks like they missed and got the daughter instead. Nbd there’s always next time!

lol so who leaked that

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

https://twitter.com/Mediaite/status/1577752843792138244?s=20&t=QJyApp4agEVYoLnG4kc6pw

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Oh please show him getting dragged out by his feet. God you owe me at least something

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Follow the bounty hunter who goes after him with a camera crew and put it on pay‐per‐view.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
He was subpoenaed by plaintiffs and already testified. The defense is calling zero witnesses and they’ll be giving closing arguments today.

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

I flew out of Reagan whenever possible for exactly this reason. Good to see they finally got it up and running for Dulles.

https://twitter.com/stephanie_levy/status/1553505179189788675?s=20

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

There's nothing conservatives hate more than inferior people getting help. They would rather see the country crumble than allow their precious tax dollars to help their lessers.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Mr. Nice! posted:

He was subpoenaed by plaintiffs and already testified. The defense is calling zero witnesses and they’ll be giving closing arguments today.

Oh so it’s a “boycott” in the same way that his listeners boycotted Nike and Gillette.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Platystemon posted:

Oh so it’s a “boycott” in the same way that his listeners boycotted Nike and Gillette.

Alex Jones a lying, real life poo poo poster? Say it ain't so!

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Checks out, already gone!

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Ha! I always called it "Reagan National" for some reason.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

if you're an air traffic controller and call it Reagan you get a soap party

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

maffew buildings posted:

A coworker shared candy they brought back from Peru, it was interesting how on the packaging in large prominent text it said stuff like this is a high sugar item, high in saturated fats, & avoid eating in excess. Definitely a good idea but imagine how scorched earth Coca-Cola would get if there was a whiff of not allowing them to market to kids or to add a label about it being junk food.

When Chile began requiring warning labels about high sugar content sales tanked https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/11/...&smid=share-url

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Hyrax Attack! posted:

A coworker shared candy they brought back from Peru, it was interesting how on the packaging in large prominent text it said stuff like this is a high sugar item, high in saturated fats, & avoid eating in excess. Definitely a good idea but imagine how scorched earth Coca-Cola would get if there was a whiff of not allowing them to market to kids or to add a label about it being junk food.

When Chile began requiring warning labels about high sugar content sales tanked https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/11/...&smid=share-url

We've seen this fight for, yikes, decades at this point. The current nutritional panels on food items have been knee-capped from the word 'go' by enough lobbyist dollars to choke a whale. They treat it as an existential crisis and will let the world burn and die before letting effective labeling exist. Look at what it took to get nicotine and cancer labels on cigarettes. Now try to convince society that sugar needs to be viewed similarly.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm going to go the route of suggesting that if your diet is trash, like mine, and you're not type 2 but at risk for it, maybe consume cannabis.

That doesn't neccessarily mean smoke weed, there's cannabinoids in CBD products and hemp seed oil.

And I'm going to link a fox news article on why (because of fox wrote about it, someone far more credible did too):

https://www.foxnews.com/health/cannabis-use-associated-with-lower-blood-sugar

quote:

A new study published in the American Journal of Medicine has revealed a potential benefit from the use of cannabis. The article, entitled “The Impact of Marijuana Use on Glucose, Insulin, and Insulin Resistance among U.S. Adults,” investigated the blood sugar-related effects of cannabis use among participants in the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey from 2005 to 2010.

In several other studies of large populations, lower rates of both obesity and diabetes have been noted among users of cannabis, as compared with non-users. This curious fact encouraged the three primary authors of the study to examine cannabis use among the 4657 participants in the national survey. The researchers noted that although cannabis smokers generally consume more calories than non-users, they paradoxically live with lower body mass indexes (BMIs) and reduced rates of both obesity and diabetes. Of the participants in the national survey, 579 were currently using cannabis and 1975 had previously used cannabis.

To assess blood glucose, insulin resistance and other factors among cannabis users, the authors organized survey participants into three groups – those who had never used cannabis, those who had used cannabis but not within 30 days, and those who were current users. The authors put study participants through tests for fasting blood sugar levels, high density lipoprotein cholesterol (HDL-C) testing, and assessments of blood pressure, BMI and waist circumference.

The researchers found that subjects who were current cannabis users had lower levels of fasting insulin, lower levels of insulin resistance, smaller waist circumference, and higher levels of HDL cholesterol, which is known to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease. This supported findings from earlier studies in which cannabis users showed improved weight, improved insulin resistance, and reduced incidence of diabetes, as compared with non-users.

While the potential relationship between cannabis and improved body mass and blood sugar has yet to be fully understood, it is believed that cannabis acts on the cannabinoid 1 and 2 receptors in the brain, enhancing the activity of adiponectin. This hormone helps to regulate blood sugar and plays a role in controlling weight and reducing the tendency toward diabetes.

Cannabis is the most widely used illicit drug in the United States, with approximately 17 million regular users. Medical marijuana has been legalized in 19 states plus the District of Columbia, and two states, Colorado and Washington, have legalized cannabis outright. A number of states have effectively decriminalized the possession of small quantities of cannabis and its use. This fundamental shift in legal status has drawn more researchers to investigate cannabis for any possible health benefits.

This study strikes at the heart of two major epidemics: obesity and diabetes. Based on results reported in this study and supported by other epidemiological surveys, it is possible that cannabis use helps to reduce the tendency toward both obesity and type 2 diabetes. Thus, the substance that induces “the munchies” may hold hope for two epidemic diseases arising from overeating.

7 year old article.

I'm the only cannabis consumer in my family and the only one without diabetes. Two type 1s, two type 2s, and me. My blood sugar hangs out around 100, I weigh about 210lbs, need a belt in 36 waist and eat like a trash panda.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Guessing this will end up at the SC and a 6-3 decision

https://twitter.com/axios/status/1577786591401107456?s=46&t=yxL6zi9fnZBrpNHXBpcmnA

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Hyrax Attack! posted:

It seems someone at Coca-Cola is looking at obesity and diabetes and remembering what happened to the cigarette companies because suddenly all of their marketing is pushing Coke Zero as their main product.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

I wish congress would just settle this poo poo. (difficult I know)

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Hyrax Attack! posted:

When Chile began requiring warning labels about high sugar content sales tanked

America has the problem where 'diet' sugar-free items are seen as healthy alternatives, instead of slow poisons. They are awful.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Please elaborate on the "slow poison" part.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

KozmoNaut posted:

Please elaborate on the "slow poison" part.

Artificial sweeteners: bad.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

M_Gargantua posted:

America has the problem where 'diet' sugar-free items are seen as healthy alternatives, instead of slow poisons. They are awful.

[Citation needed]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Done and done and I mean done.

Funny enough I also fall into this category too. Not being fat would help, but I’ll take any help with secondaries while working on the primary of not being fat.