Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I just used Stable Diffusion for a professional project for the first time and it's pretty sweet.

I put together this capsule image for my game's Steam page and it's mostly AI art:

I started by posing some of my assets in game and taking a screenshot:

I put that into img2img and... it was a real mess. Way too much going on, so I rendered out each component separately on plain backgrounds and fed those into SD and then composited them back together. The trickiest part was the clown, I had to do his lower body separate from the top and generate the arms separately from the torso.

The environments are a combo of AI generated stuff closest to the camera and actual game render for the farther off details. I also did my own rim lighting on the hand and clown to better separate the elements.

I'm pretty happy with it, will probably use SD for most complicated art projects from now on.

Oh, and since the steam capsule is kinda small but I made all the elements huge, here's the clown and hand at high res:

TIP fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Oct 6, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
you just stole a hamburger from a starving artist

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Rutibex posted:

your AI has become self aware and it's stealing compute cycles to calculate your death

Well I guess I must have killed it because I restarted my computer and now it works fine again. I did some reading and apparently it might have been a memory issue related to running img2img in certain Web UI's (for the record, I was using this one until I switched to the 1111 version yesterday).

I have some questions about textual inversion and how it works:

* I'm not sure I fully understand the difference between style and subject but I assume the gist is that style is for mashing up different artist styles so you don't have to waste a dozen tokens specifying what specific style you want? Like instead of "by Greg Rutkowski, by Artgerm, by WLOP, by Alphonse Mucha" you would just say "by Mashup" instead? And subject is for telling it what certain objects and concepts are, like "Starship Enterprise" or "Mangosteen in Groverhaus"?

* So more vectors = "better understanding of the concept at higher token cost in the prompt", but the initialization text doesn't have to match the vector count? So you can have a 1-word shorthand reference to a larger concept without typing it in every time?

* If I train it on a bunch of images of the inside and outside of groverhaus that are all labeled "groverhaus" will it understand the difference between "robot standing inside groverhaus" and "robot sitting on a bench outside of groverhaus"? Is it possible to label different images with different concepts related to the same object, like "inside groverhaus" and "outside groverhaus"?

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Stable Diffusion can do insane religious tracts lol:

detailed 8k Jack Chick tract of a demon chicken destroying Jacksonville, Jack Chick, hyperrealistic

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Artists on twitter: insanely mad about AI art and how "the computer is doing all the work"
Same artist on twitter: "wow i just downloaded new brushes and now i can do bookshelves and chains by just drawing a line across my screen"

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
they are just mad people are running it on their home PCs, rather than pay the fat cats at adobe like a real artist

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I saw the term 'ai-art apologists' on the blue bird today and my soul left my body

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
Celery Man is real and it owns.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Daaaamn that does actually work

Google now has its own video AI generator

Ars articlle: https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2022/10/googles-newest-ai-generator-creates-hd-video-from-text-prompts
https://imagen.research.google/video/

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Avengers Assemble! :wtc:

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Rob Liefield AI

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Ok computer, replace "woman" with "hillary clinton"

:nws: https://i.imgur.com/BGIJ5NZ.png

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

mobby_6kl posted:

Ok computer, replace "woman" with "hillary clinton"

:nws: https://i.imgur.com/BGIJ5NZ.png

Butt

her

emails

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

LifeSunDeath posted:

Butt

her

emails

What if emails, but tits?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
an incredibly detailed anthropomorphic frog elegantly dressed, eating pizza, portrait, Victorian, highly detailed lithograph, pastel paper

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Rutibex posted:

an incredibly detailed anthropomorphic frog elegantly dressed, eating pizza, portrait, Victorian, highly detailed lithograph, pastel paper

LOL that frog kicks rear end

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Tunicate posted:

seems like putting _ between related words forces them to be more closely-linked

Interesting!

Testing with a great number of color adjectives for separate prompts should be able to settle that. I'm not in a position to try though.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Oct 6, 2022

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Somehow missed that from the last page. It would make sense if the underscore helps the parser understand that two words are actually one token but it's not super clear from those examples since there's so much stuff in them.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

TIP posted:

I just used Stable Diffusion for a professional project for the first time and it's pretty sweet.

I put together this capsule image for my game's Steam page and it's mostly AI art:

I started by posing some of my assets in game and taking a screenshot:

I put that into img2img and... it was a real mess. Way too much going on, so I rendered out each component separately on plain backgrounds and fed those into SD and then composited them back together. The trickiest part was the clown, I had to do his lower body separate from the top and generate the arms separately from the torso.

The environments are a combo of AI generated stuff closest to the camera and actual game render for the farther off details. I also did my own rim lighting on the hand and clown to better separate the elements.

I'm pretty happy with it, will probably use SD for most complicated art projects from now on.

Oh, and since the steam capsule is kinda small but I made all the elements huge, here's the clown and hand at high res:

Ooooh! Please keep posting updates on this I want to see how something like this turns out.

I've been using Stable Diffusion and Dalle-2 to make weird little Tiktok vids.
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7151205205260897579
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7134068564234980651
The second video I used OpenAI Jukebox to generate music and Altered Studio to change my voice for the narration.

an actual frog
Mar 1, 2007

HEH, HEH, HEH!

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

I've been using Stable Diffusion and Dalle-2 to make weird little Tiktok vids.
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7151205205260897579
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7134068564234980651
The second video I used OpenAI Jukebox to generate music and Altered Studio to change my voice for the narration.
Delightfully dystopian :five:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
an incredibly detailed anthropomorphic cat elegantly dressed, eating pizza, portrait, Victorian, highly detailed lithograph, pastel paper

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Seems like underscores don't make it THAT much better at understanding attachment, though SD has always been really garbage at assigning colors to things.

images are labeled but it's a little small so

quote:

still life, green apple, red cube, blue vase
still_life, green_apple, red_cube, blue_vase
still life, blue apple, green cube, red vase
still_life, blue_apple, green_cube, red_vase
still life, red apple, blue cube, green vase
still_life, red_apple, blue_cube, green_vase
still life, apple, cube, vase

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?
dinosaur farming corn, claymation

a lot of the results were dinosaurs with corn growing out of their bodies

E:
Protagonist of Metal Gear Solid 6, Video Game, Hideo Kojima

Squatch Ambassador fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Oct 7, 2022

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I finally did it, I accomplished the impossible prompt, "a horse riding an astronaut"

I did have to draw it though :v:

god I love SD

also I finally switched to automatic1111 and I can generate 960x960 images now on my old rear end 980ti :vince:

TIP fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Oct 7, 2022

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

TIP posted:

I finally did it, I accomplished the impossible prompt, "a horse riding an astronaut"
Congrats, I tried this like 20 times last month and never got it to work

Rutibex posted:

Avengers Assemble! :wtc:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tried it with cars

painting of car, green headlights, red trim, blue wheels
painting of car, green_headlights, red_trim, blue_wheels
painting of car, blue headlights, green trim, red wheels
painting of car, blue_headlights, green_trim, red_wheels
painting of car, red headlights, blue trim, green wheels
painting of car, red_headlights, blue_trim, green_wheels
painting of car, headlights, trim, wheels

I think it's safe to say the effects of _ on colors is somewhat limited, but it might be a useful way to slightly tweak your image without doing anything drastic

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?

Nvidia Card, Pirate

e: should probably post some of the better lovely outputs as well

The Sausages fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Oct 7, 2022

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Speaking of pirates, the Novel AI models have leaked. For obvious reasons, I won't be linking them. Just be aware that the ckpt files can contain malicious code so be cautious.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Tunicate posted:

Tried it with cars

painting of car, green headlights, red trim, blue wheels
painting of car, green_headlights, red_trim, blue_wheels
painting of car, blue headlights, green trim, red wheels
painting of car, blue_headlights, green_trim, red_wheels
painting of car, red headlights, blue trim, green wheels
painting of car, red_headlights, blue_trim, green_wheels
painting of car, headlights, trim, wheels

I think it's safe to say the effects of _ on colors is somewhat limited, but it might be a useful way to slightly tweak your image without doing anything drastic

Fair enough. Limited control is still better than none. Thank you for looking into it.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
couldn't you just crack open the source code of the tokenizer and see what exactly underscores etc does?

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Speaking of pirates, the Novel AI models have leaked. For obvious reasons, I won't be linking them. Just be aware that the ckpt files can contain malicious code so be cautious.

If its leaked and was never meant to be used this way, isn't there a good chance we don't even have the right tools to use it?

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Mindblast posted:

If its leaked and was never meant to be used this way, isn't there a good chance we don't even have the right tools to use it?
AUTOMATIC1111 just implemented hypernetwork support.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Lmfao. The timing is amazing(a little too amazing). And it seems some enterprising weeb burned a zero day for this? I got no confirmation but if true that is some dedication.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Ok I found some info here: https://www.reveddit.com/v/StableDiffusion/comments/xxxx94/guide_to_set_up_the_leaked_novelai_model_for/

It looks like it's just anime poo poo though? Or am I missing something?

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

mobby_6kl posted:

Ok I found some info here: https://www.reveddit.com/v/StableDiffusion/comments/xxxx94/guide_to_set_up_the_leaked_novelai_model_for/

It looks like it's just anime poo poo though? Or am I missing something?

Its a really quality model that is a lot better at generating hands that used the Stable Diffusion as a base so with the right prompt you can probably make things look less anime. It was also trained on images with different sizes so it wasn't just trained on 512X512 images so it will be able to handle different aspect ratios better.

The source code was also leaked, so the public repos might soon have new features available for ~mysterious reasons~.

IShallRiseAgain fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Oct 7, 2022

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Its a really quality model that is a lot better at generating hands that used the Stable Diffusion as a base so with the right prompt you can probably make things look less anime. It was also trained on images with different sizes so it wasn't just trained on 512X512 images so it will be able to handle different aspect ratios better.

The source code was also leaked, so the public repos might soon have new features available for ~mysterious reasons~.

Oh ok, thanks. That might be useful then. Since there are some concerns that it can just run arbitrary code on your machine (which is the case with everything we've been running tbh) I think I'll wait and let someone else to test it out

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
the jungles of planet weedtopia

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

:hmmyes::420:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Rutibex posted:

the jungles of planet weedtopia

This looks very dragonball inspired