Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

omg chael crash posted:

Are we not there already?

How? What's the PC equivalent of 400$ gold HDMI cables to improve the sound?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

RareAcumen posted:

144hz 4k monitor

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

RareAcumen posted:

PC gaming has had a million of them come and go, even now you can still buy a killerNIC network card

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Those stupid yellow glasses

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Anything with an LED on it that goes inside your pc

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

The flight sim community is where it’s at. People build entire cockpits for DCS in their garages.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Standalone PhysX cards

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

lol blizzard are the dumbest loving developers in the entire industry

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

The Novint Falcon Haptic Device

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

kirbysuperstar posted:

Standalone PhysX cards

I thought about adding this but PhysX actually Does Things In Games, it’s still with us in spirit since it’s been folded into GPUs now

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

lol blizzard are the dumbest loving developers in the entire industry

Blizzard were about to implement a change to the way immunities work in D2 that would have opened up dozens of new builds and reverted it at the last minute because some no-life streamer begged them not to make Sorcs even slightly less OP than they've ever been in the 20+ year history of the game.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

lol, priorities straight as always

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

History Comes Inside! posted:

My switch has never been docked youre all playing it wrong

I put my penis inside the switch's penis

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

What did blizzard do today. Saw the phone thing they had to reverse which lol

Also saw one of those way too online tweets complaining they "beautified" the ow2 cast which even included the hamster in the complaint

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

The Saddest Rhino posted:

What did blizzard do today.

They are apologizing for the Overwatch 2 launch not meeting expectations

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Also saw one of those way too online tweets complaining they "beautified" the ow2 cast which even included the hamster in the complaint

They stopped an old game from starting and "released" a sequel they already released years ago and it didnt work

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Vikar Jerome posted:

They stopped an old game from starting and "released" a sequel they already released years ago and it didnt work

whats funny is this could be about warcraft or overwatch, i have no idea

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

the put a 2 on the title

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Vikar Jerome posted:

Naughty Dog at it again

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

what i'm tryna say is they named the first overwatch...overwatch 2

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

The phone thing was extra-dumb because a lot of prepaid plans didn't qualify for their SMS protect which cut off a lot of especially younger players for no reason.

This looks like a gamers.txt moment but I think the complaint here is actually valid, it's really easy to fall through the cracks.

And this does matter in the context of things like people who paid real money for Overwatch 1 and were randomly cut off from playing it because gently caress you that's why.

Their reversal should cover most but not all cases, they're taking away the SMS protect for accounts that had some sort of fleshed out Battle.net account which includes anyone who played Overwatch 1 at all in the last like 16 months or so. Almost certainly some edge cases out there that can't play and could result in some repercussions from places like the EU and Australia.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Why doesn't America just have normal phone services for prepaid wtf

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

america can't ever be normal because we're the exception. it's a living nightmare

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Deathverse is about as strange as I assumed it would be, which is very. Combat seems good mostly but some kills seem bullshit when they happen

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

america can't ever be normal because we're the exception. it's a living nightmare

Lol this but imagine healthcare.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I mean we all know about the healthcare and big ticket stuff but why is all the small poo poo broken too

Like do you get a weird number for prepaid? A number that identifies you as not having the credit for a post paid phone? Or is it because of the patriot act?

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

JBP posted:

I mean we all know about the healthcare and big ticket stuff but why is all the small poo poo broken too

Like do you get a weird number for prepaid? A number that identifies you as not having the credit for a post paid phone? Or is it because of the patriot act?

the poors need to suffer

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

JBP posted:

If it’s anything like the UK different carriers have specific number prefixes and they can just blacklist those.

It gets a little stickier these days since so many people port their numbers around between carriers but that’s the simplest answer, there are probably other ways you can tell what carrier a number is with but I’m no telecoms guy so :shrug:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

JBP posted:

Why doesn't America just have normal phone services for prepaid wtf

Are only US phone numbers affected? I assumed Blizzard didn't like pre-paids because burner phones would get around the reason I thought they wanted phone numbers in the first place.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

https://www.inverse.com/gaming/overwatch-2-gender-verification-system

https://twitter.com/Toadsanime/status/1577278754988097539?t=VIRNjxA-5MoJ8RwcIsHiKQ&s=19

These are from the last couple days but still.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

that company sucks so hard lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

History Comes Inside! posted:

Those stupid yellow glasses

aren't those blue light filters? i'm not sure there's any actual evidence of them working but phones can do them from the device nowadays and it does seem to make them nicer to use in a dark room

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Barudak posted:

Im glad Sony is remastering every game I do not give a poo poo about. Maybe they can do playstation allstars next.

Where are my goddamn PS1 and PS2 classics???

they're on the PlayStation 3, OP. sadly the PlayStation 5 is not powerful enough to run VibRibbon or Metal Gear Solid

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Going full johnny silverhand rn

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

Going full johnny silverhand rn

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I already tried out Playstation Stars and got a $5 gift card.

Just be warned it'll apply the funds directly to your account immediately. Which is nice but you can't gift a code to someone else.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Can I get some Tunic status reports? I think I suckered a few of you into playing it. How much does it suck and how badly did I mislead you about it being good? Anyone find the H*** C**** yet?

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

acksplode posted:

Can I get some Tunic status reports? I think I suckered a few of you into playing it. How much does it suck and how badly did I mislead you about it being good? Anyone find the H*** C**** yet?
I haven't played it yet but plan to. Looking forward to finding the Hell Cocks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Volte posted:

I haven't played it yet but plan to. Looking forward to finding the Hell Cocks

I'm sooo glad I went through the effort of hiding the spoiler so you could just splat it out like that C:\Windows\System32\reactions\office-stanley-rolleyes.gif