Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
SS Wreck Gar could be a CyKill if you squint

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Sentinel Red posted:

Oooooh, the animation vintage Hot Rod is tempting, got a Starscream and Prime in similar styles.

How come Crasher seems to be the only Gobot that gets TF figures? Surely folks would go for a Cy-Kill, L1 or any of the other show regulars...

We got Bug Bite and Road Ranger a bit ago

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Who would win in a fight, Scooter or Wheelie

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

ruddiger posted:

Who would win in a fight, Scooter or Wheelie

Armada Perceptor.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

DoctorWhat posted:

There are more racecars to redeco Crasher from than there are appropriate jets or bikes, mainly. Most Transformers jets and bikes are very specific, accurate molds that can't easily be mistaken for anyone else; spray painting Starscream a dull gray is just going to look like a boring Starscream, not an authentic Leader-1.

Hasbro also wants to have more female characters and Crasher is a convenient choice for a female "Decepticon".

I guess there was a comic that drew Leader-1 as a remold of CW Air Raid? Honestly not a bad choice considering his general silhouette in bot mode, his original plane mode, and they have almost identical chest vents.

I wouldn't mind seeing Maverick remolded into L1 either, especially if they ditched the translucent plastic and hog-waller tampo.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

You could also get a serviceable Cy-Kill out of the Legacy Arcee / Road Rocket mold. It's at least got some form of representation for his massive shoulder wheels.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Earthspark deluxes are also up for preorder on Hasbro Pulse.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Is Cosmos the shortpack out of the Velocitron stuff?

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Dawgstar posted:

Is Cosmos the shortpack out of the Velocitron stuff?

Yeah, which sucks because he's awesome and everyone should have one.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
hopefully they'll do a refresh on the short packed figures, no idea why IDW Blurr was so overpacked, as those are shelf warming like crazy out here.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
What happened with Cosmos was that he was originally a pretty cheap retool of Origins Bee, so not a definitive take. But the engineers squeezed an entire toy into the tooling budget for just the replacement parts from the retool plan, so we wound up with a mini-masterpiece as a shortpacked exclusive.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Silhouette posted:

Goddamn armada jetfire is cool

Look at that fuckin chonker

Prime+Overload+Jetfire in vehicle mode is peak transformers

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

DoctorWhat posted:

What happened with Cosmos was that he was originally a pretty cheap retool of Origins Bee, so not a definitive take. But the engineers squeezed an entire toy into the tooling budget for just the replacement parts from the retool plan, so we wound up with a mini-masterpiece as a shortpacked exclusive.

Override's in the same camp - originally just going to be a Hot Rod retool until they found a cost-effective way to do a new figure.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!

War and Pieces posted:

Prime+Overload+Jetfire in vehicle mode is peak transformers

I do need to offload a bunch of old Armada figures, but I can't bear to give up that combo. I like having them all tow each other.

Target has a 20% off sale on Transformers this weekend. My local one just has a crazy amount of Red Cogs... and a Sludge....

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

I want a modern pink Hot Rod though

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Sesq posted:

I do need to offload a bunch of old Armada figures, but I can't bear to give up that combo. I like having them all tow each other.

Target has a 20% off sale on Transformers this weekend. My local one just has a crazy amount of Red Cogs... and a Sludge....

I hope I find a Sludge later. He doesn’t show up in the Target app/site so I can’t see if he’s in any stores.

Zephirus
May 18, 2004

BRRRR......CHK
Pulse delivered my SS86 Ironhide today and honestly i'm a bit disappointed. Mine at least seems to be a fiddly mess to transform - all the top bus panels are a pile of tabs that require (at least on mine) too much force to lock in and too little force to pop out

I did think that this was gonna be a heavy retool of the seige ironhide mold, maybe because I haven't been paying attention but I guess it's almost all new, it's a different size totally

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

It's 1000% a brand new mold.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
I'm not sure why anyone thought a Voyager would be some kind of retool of a Deluxe in the first place. The almost universal distrust of Ironhide/Ratchet molds is weird. I realize we were all traumatized by Classics Ironhide but it's been 15 years, they're not all gonna be like that.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.

Rhymenoserous posted:

I feel that parasocial relationships on social media vis-a-vis toy robots have gotten out of hand, and this post is exhibit a-z.

BRB going to see what Thew is posting about today.

But sure what you mean by this. I'm just describing the etiquette that I had to figure out the hard way. I was interested in knowing more about diaclone, but all the promo and literature is in Japanese and on Twitter. It's not like I invented any of this

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I don't think anyone is claiming you're some kind of etiquette nerd or anything, I get the sense that 'the rules' of the group are more than some are willing to absorb and adhere to.

Any group has norms and mores, just like the posters here. I feel like this is a chill group and who's to say diaclone Twitter isn't, I just get the sense that what you've outlined is a bit much for some.

Our maybe I'm wrong, iunno

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Keldroc posted:

I'm not sure why anyone thought a Voyager would be some kind of retool of a Deluxe in the first place. The almost universal distrust of Ironhide/Ratchet molds is weird. I realize we were all traumatized by Classics Ironhide but it's been 15 years, they're not all gonna be like that.

Transformers fans are obsessed with accusing new toys of being retools and also with begging Hasbro to make elaborate retools instead of new molds.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Good toy is good toy

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I agree!

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

I don't think anyone is claiming you're some kind of etiquette nerd or anything, I get the sense that 'the rules' of the group are more than some are willing to absorb and adhere to.

Any group has norms and mores, just like the posters here. I feel like this is a chill group and who's to say diaclone Twitter isn't, I just get the sense that what you've outlined is a bit much for some.

Our maybe I'm wrong, iunno

I was turned off when I couldnt' just jump in and say "hey guys cool toys amirite?". I was politely blocked for no reason I could tell.

I still have vivid memories of having to buy anime magazines to get the latest news or begging comic shops to have mecha meetups 30 years ago. I never learned much japanese, so the idea of having live mostly-translated conversations with nerds of the same age is still really exciting. They grew up with totally different experiences from the same toys and time, so the perspective shift is fun. like when you found out the old dinobots had cockpits for little dudes to ride in them. I feel like I get to learn all kinds of nuggets like that all the time.

There are online basically "play with toys" sessions called bundodo where you put up a couple pictures of your dudes fighting the other dudes and my kids thought it was hilarious because we had the lego stormtroopers fighting the diaclone, hello kitty, and TFs. And they stil talk about it because they got a few dozen likes from nerds on the other side of the planet who wanted to play toys too.

Zephirus
May 18, 2004

BRRRR......CHK

Keldroc posted:

They're pretty similar in size and transformation if you discount the panel wrangling on the SS86, it doesn't feel like a massive jump in logic. For the record I actually don't mind the siege mold, at least the earth-ish version v0v

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Zephirus posted:

They're pretty similar in size and transformation if you discount the panel wrangling on the SS86, it doesn't feel like a massive jump in logic. For the record I actually don't mind the siege mold, at least the earth-ish version v0v

An obvious retaint

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Irrespective of the what, I believe we are all united, here, in our love of indulging our inner child, playing with cool toys :cheers:

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Has anyone actually been able to order Crasher off Walmart?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Well my copy of the HISS Tank Megatron set arrived today and while he has some issues for a figure of his size and price, he's still pretty neat, not entirely sure if I'll keep him long term though so for the moment Baroness is staying carded(cute touch packing her carded like a standard GI Joe figure)

Still confirms my thoughts that if they ever do a proper full scale Transformers/GI Joe line(and not just the two sets they're doing as part of the Collaborative line) that they should go for a smaller scale than the classic "A Real American Hero" 3.75 inch scale for the Joe side of things, would need a lot less compromises on the Transformers side if the GI Joe/Cobra figures are around the 1.25 inch scale Titan Masters/Prime Masters use(so about 3 times smaller) plus it increases the pool of GI Joe/Cobra vehicles that could be used(the HISS Tank could be done as a small Deluxe for example rather than about Leader Class sized like it did here)

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Human Alliance was kind of a spiritual crossover and worked pretty well, though the human figures weren't that great by themselves.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Titan masters was a fun gimmick, shame is lasted 1 toyline. Prime Masters weren't the same

Are there any like small scale playset figures that are like the old Micromachines or Mighty Max left? I feel bad for kids that don't get to experience that.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Micro Machines seem to still be chugging along and they brought Polly Pocket back, so they still exist in some form. And while the scale of the figures isn't as small as that (being slightly larger than Titan Masters), Lego's pretty unstoppable as far as small-scale toylines go.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
There's also Jazzwares Star Wars Micro Galaxy Squadron line

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Power of the Primes needed to calm down and decide what it wanted to be. It was the Energon of its trilogy, following up a consistent, extremely solid play pattern with a confused, scattershot mess that at best adhered to a vague theme.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
It yea def wanted to be both combiner wars and titans return and...well Abominus was cool atleast?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Even though the hand/feet in Combiner wars weren't the best, they were better then the option in PotP, especially since it robbed the torsos of guns.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.

Other posted:

There's also Jazzwares Star Wars Micro Galaxy Squadron line

These are spectacular vehicles with incredible molding, but I havent seen the larger ones yet. Do they have playset modes? The paint apps on the blindboxed ones were really basic for $6 or 7 each.

I would say the Lightyear hyperspeed figures are really good. Generic Spaceships with decent miniature figures. Generally available for $11 on amazon, but more expensive in stores.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Vaporware posted:

These are spectacular vehicles with incredible molding, but I havent seen the larger ones yet. Do they have playset modes?

The Falcon has a removable top panel revealing a full interior, including the lounge with the dejarik table which is hella neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I got one of the Lightyear spaceships just cause it looks like the Vic Viper from Gradius and it's a neat little thing. Looks to be about Titan Master scaled, incidentally, the pilot figure is about that height. The cockpit is too slim to accommodate one of course.