Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I know we're not supposed to talk about fantasy here, but this is worth reading.

https://twitter.com/PFTCommenter/status/1577692437044142080

I bet asking political candidates who they'd draft in the first round would be more informative than any debate.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Oct 6, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

shirts and skins posted:

Woof, not just Cardinals/Saints, but a Thursday night game at that. Good luck.

Do a deep dive into how Kyler Murray is the shonen protagonist of the NFL.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I know we're not supposed to talk about fantasy here, but this is worth reading.

I bet asking political candidates who they'd draft in the first round would be more informative than any debate.

Psaki hating the better way to play the game if you're gonna play it is on track.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Why do people keep sharing PFT Commenter stuff like it's real. It's very funny, don't get me wrong.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Woozie66 posted:

Why do people keep sharing PFT Commenter stuff like it's real. It's very funny, don't get me wrong.

lol

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Forrest on Fire posted:

Bring beer. I dunno about my fellow Cards fans, but that's been my life hack to surviving the product on the field.
If I did this about the Jaguars, I would be dead. In fact, I'm not sure how you're alive.

Nov 6, 2002

Woozie66 posted:

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply it was real. :shrug:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

I thought this was real

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I feel like PFT went from his having his own legitimately amusing niche to now just being some kind of meh combination of Jon Bois and Pixelated Boat.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I feel like PFT went from his having his own legitimately amusing niche to now just being some kind of meh combination of Jon Bois and Pixelated Boat.

All downhill since the eyes reveal

Nov 6, 2002

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

He used to post way less and it was much funnier.

more content = more ad revenue = less funny

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Him becoming a talking head for Barstool was the start of the change for me. He used to be Sports Dril, which was a perfect niche. Good for him turning it into a lucrative career though.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1578037378035245059?s=20&t=cpC_Bg1Yjg4KdDoJbgZQXA

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I can't wait to see how Anderson Silva holds up a lights-out Jake Paul in the ring

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

He used to post way less and it was much funnier.

more content = more ad revenue = less funny

Happens to everyone on the internet. Streamers, webcomic makers, youtubers, twitter commentators. They have to constantly bring the funny and one up themselves to the point where it peters out inevitably. I'm glad he just got the bag because PFT was the best funniest sports person online for a while.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Doltos posted:

Happens to everyone on the internet. Streamers, webcomic makers, youtubers, twitter commentators. They have to constantly bring the funny and one up themselves to the point where it peters out inevitably. I'm glad he just got the bag because PFT was the best funniest sports person online for a while.

Is this what happened to the Front Page of Something Awful

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

kiimo posted:

Is this what happened to the Front Page of Something Awful

I'd say conglomerate funny is a lot better since you have a bunch of different minds contributing but the problem is they have to be funny in the first place. Front page didn't adapt with the times and also got a bunch of cringy goons to write for it so it died.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

This is why every YouTube channel and especially twitch steamer should take the bag of a big lump sum the moment it’s ever offered like how Microsoft spent all that money on streamers for their short lived failure of a streaming site. Having to be “on” live every day all day at the mercy of degenerates like us is wearing on the soul.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Whenever my stream is lagging and I'm not feeling very creative I just dress as a girl and get a ton of subs and everything is better

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Where can I buy your bathwater?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kiimo posted:

I can't wait to see how Anderson Silva holds up a lights-out Jake Paul in the ring

Jake Paul does not schedule fights he doesn't know he's going to win. Like, he still sucks in the broad spectrum of boxing as an athlete, that's true. But he ain't taking any fight where he has a chance of losing and Silva is 47 years old. I guess he did win a split decision over JCC Jr who was once a thing, but is decidedly no longer a thing.

This is just boxing stuff, it's the way the game is played. Get money where you can get it. I don't hate him for that, I hate him for everything else.

e: Logan Paul on the other hand signs up to get his rear end beat for a quick buck, which is also how the boxing game is played.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Am I hopelessly out of touch for not realizing Jake Paul and Logan Paul were two separate people or is that a common misconception?

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

If I did this about the Jaguars, I would be dead. In fact, I'm not sure how you're alive.

I cut myself off at 7 and run every morning beforehand.

I also have bad Mondays.

Kyler is the appeal of that game for sure. If he remembers he's ridiculously fast, he can break a game open at any point. Until lanes open up, especially early, nothing works. That's when you front load the drinks.

Don't do this for the Jags. They're better than they were, but I think you'd legitimately get alcohol poison

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I only learned of Logan Paul from that video of him visiting Aokigahara Forest then subsequently learning of his brother getting into boxing.

Coincidentally The Forest is playing on watchw.me right now, which I was surprised to learn came out a year before Paul's stunt.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Closest Leveon will get to the Hall

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

fsif posted:

Am I hopelessly out of touch for not realizing Jake Paul and Logan Paul were two separate people or is that a common misconception?

I learned something new today.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Pardon My Take rules and I wish I could get into it but I have this thing where I have to listen to every single episode of a podcast I’m into close to when they’re released or else I don’t get into them. There are so many hours of it every week. I feel this way about Pat McAfee’s show as well.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Way too coherent to not be fake.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

fsif posted:

even when you know they are different you will still confuse them

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
The Onion has a pretty good slideshow up on player reactions to the concussion protocol.

https://www.theonion.com/nfl-players-react-to-the-league-s-concussion-protocol-1849620646

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

latinotwink1997 posted:

Way too coherent to not be fake.

PFTC works an “unreal” into the tweet for each of these fake interviews which is pretty good tbh

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Nervous posted:

The Onion has a pretty good slideshow up on player reactions to the concussion protocol.

https://www.theonion.com/nfl-players-react-to-the-league-s-concussion-protocol-1849620646

It's good folks

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Kalli posted:

It's good folks

Too real

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Nervous posted:

I'm personally a fan of:
“I hit my head on the turf hard, but I was reassured when the medical rabbit came out in his tiny ambulance and told me in my grandmother’s voice that I was good to get back out there.”

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

ah poo poo it's the broncos again

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Borsche69 posted:

even when you know they are different you will still confuse them

I'm pretty sure the other one is fighting in Saudi Arabi for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship sometime soon.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/gregauman/status/1578076465412902913?s=46&t=6OgvxnUNHTE8PKPLDeUA4g

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

:hmmyes:

“For the first time in my life I have time to just watch all the games during the week to fill my lonely hours and I gotta say this league sucks”

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Oct 6, 2022

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

You can tell he's been watching Falcons tape this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Or his own games