Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

V. Illych L. posted:

are they going to go and confront the guy who tortured belden for the miniseries finale motivated by crudely adapted jungian psychoanalysis

that sounds like a really bad idea

Did he ever talk more about being accosted by the Man in the Yellow Hat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

projecthalaxy posted:

Its the ultimate podcast. Become the true crime.

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord
i used to live in the city where prester jane's thread subject was headquartered and it was quite surreal driving down main street recently and seeing that the old ACE building was now owned by the local school district

e: also its the only place i ever lived that had a large enough zoroastrian population to warrant a community center for them. definitely did not expect to hear about a christian cult headquartered in that weird little corner of texas.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
All throughout the history lesson on Synanon I kept thinking about the Compaction Cycle and Other Proper Nouns that Prester Jane typed about.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Amber A'Lee Frost

hahahaha

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
my grandpa was in the residential schools and my family has been very Normal ever since

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Lmao @ your Bernie av that’s a work of art

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

KirbyKhan posted:

All throughout the history lesson on Synanon I kept thinking about the Compaction Cycle and Other Proper Nouns that Prester Jane typed about.

Prester Jane Was Right even if she was a really bad poster

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Lmao @ your Bernie av that’s a work of art

yeah it makes me laugh every time i see it lol, thanks to whoever bought it for me

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

tokin opposition posted:

yeah this sadly. too broken by the system to be a good poster. it wasn’t their fault, they never had the chance to be normal

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

tokin opposition posted:

Eh kind of and kind of not. PJ was looking at the same stuff the rest of us were and processing it but was just manic and self important enough to type it out with lots of coined terms that made it sound far more profound than it really was

She was schizophrenic and relatively self aware and I hope she found peace but last time she came up it sounded like she had simply moved on to Twitter and Covid conspiracy theories so idk

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

tokin opposition posted:

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

HashtagGirlboss posted:

She was schizophrenic and relatively self aware and I hope she found peace but last time she came up it sounded like she had simply moved on to Twitter and Covid conspiracy theories so idk

twitter would not be good for her. grim stuff.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

whats the lore on prester jane, dont know this person

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

lobster shirt posted:

whats the lore on prester jane, dont know this person

She was a schizophrenic survivor of a Christian homeschool cult who would type incredibly long d&d posts as she let her mind wander and match patterns, coining terms like Compaction Cycle that would invariably be capitalized, sometimes taking words with established meanings and using them in novel ways. She had a huge long thread in d&d that claimed to explain the conservative movement, and a bunch of people who would hang off her posts finding insight in the ramblings, and sometimes there was insight but a lot of it was just using 5000 words to say something self evident. She also had her share of haters. Eventually perma’d for reasons idk why it was after I mostly stopped paying attention to her or the threads she posted in

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Amber A'Lee Frost

Lol. Kissing Buster in the rain while he sings The Internationale

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

A’Lee is the kind of middle name a seven year old girl picks for herself because she’s tired of Anne

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Amber A'Lee Frost

ahahaha

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
PJ also posted about homelessness in America and your day-to-day existence as a homeless person as she tried to get out of it. I think those were some of her first posts that got a lot of interest and they were good imo

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
In relation to podcast: Compaction Cycle is like how conservative groups bleed members and alienate weaker members of the group, the way the SynAnon group regularly would drive people out on purpose to keep the ~strong~ believers in. Like how synanon started fudging graduation stats and giving funerals for people who split from the program. "If you don't believe in The Thing you're dead, all those other people who didn't believe hard enough are now dead to us, understand those are the consequences if you ever stop believing and never contact those dead friends again"

It is a fascinating perspective on institutional abuse but I do not recommend digging up the ~old old old~ threads or believing anyone's interpretation of her explainations.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Dreylad posted:

PJ also posted about homelessness in America and your day-to-day existence as a homeless person as she tried to get out of it. I think those were some of her first posts that got a lot of interest and they were good imo
that and also working at Cedar Rapids in like 2000 were kinda interesting

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i found this prester jane post and thought it was really good

quote:

Have I ever told you about the time I got my wife off with a fart?

About a month ago, I was hard asleep, and she was against my back, with the small of her back against my rear end. Well, I let a powerful one rip. We're talking busted speakers blasting party rap powerful. And it hit just right to activate the nerve highway in her spine. I'm completely oblivious and she's lying there in pure ecstasy when she tries to wake me up. I laughed and fell back asleep and she was pissed in the morning because wtf was that? Was I doing that on purpose? No, I am the ubergoon, and my farts are that powerful.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Yup that's them.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Dreylad posted:

Yeah that stuff was good but far overshadowed by the later stuff. Anyway like I said I hope she’s found peace definitely has had a hard life

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Xaris posted:

that and also working at Cedar Rapids in like 2000 were kinda interesting

Would like to see these posts if anyone has them

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
the one post that exceeds all of bust rodd's disgusting sex posts combined

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Spoken like a fartgasm virgin

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

2017 PJ also had the "trump narcissism theorem" where he was ready to set off nuclear war at any time because jimmy fallon tussled his hair

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Amber A'Lee Frost

lol

vanishedimam
Nov 15, 2017
really enjoying the new true anon stuff on synanon. i had listened to a normie podcast about synanon and its spinoffs a while back so am pretty familiar with it, but it's fun to get the facts through their lens and it's interesting to see them try a more scripted and produced format (chomsky the unheralded star of these i think)

i guess im in the minority where i didn't much care for the game reenactment. went on a bit long and felt a little theater kid to me, but maybe i just wasn't in the right place mentally to receive it

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

KirbyKhan posted:

In relation to podcast: Compaction Cycle is like how conservative groups bleed members and alienate weaker members of the group, the way the SynAnon group regularly would drive people out on purpose to keep the ~strong~ believers in. Like how synanon started fudging graduation stats and giving funerals for people who split from the program. "If you don't believe in The Thing you're dead, all those other people who didn't believe hard enough are now dead to us, understand those are the consequences if you ever stop believing and never contact those dead friends again"

It is a fascinating perspective on institutional abuse but I do not recommend digging up the ~old old old~ threads or believing anyone's interpretation of her explainations.

compaction cycle is like the one useful term she coined and every other term went right out the other ear because posts would get more deranged as they go on

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

vanishedimam posted:

i guess im in the minority where i didn't much care for the game reenactment. went on a bit long and felt a little theater kid to me, but maybe i just wasn't in the right place mentally to receive it
i think the fake game was there to make you experience what people would have gone through, which adds some tangible contextualization to it. but yea it went on too long but also it needed to go on too long to be uncomfortable.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://i.imgur.com/A5ANi0z.mp4

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Arthur when he tries to talk about a movie he just saw but his cohost cuts him off with "whatever dude that poo poo sounds gay"

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Tfw you want to buy a Madden Bus with the Patreon but your expendably fat cohost vetoes the idea

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

wait there's video?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Xaris posted:

wait there's video?

https://www.youtube.com/c/BeinIanPod/videos

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Xaris posted:

wait there's video?

i've only watched them on youtube. they're way better that way since half the eps are ian doubling over laughing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Let's not say things we can't take back.